Revealed Or Not?

Return The Time

5 - Revealed Or Not?

 

It was a normal working day, which Yerin had been busy about while she had a big project at hand. She had to organize slideshow and some paperworks for her presentation in her department meeting. Luckily she had Jiyeon helped her out. The older girl was patient and the best at working alongside with, which made Yerin felt less nervous when the time she had to present her work-in-progress idea project to her director and colleagues came about.

After the meeting ended with the director's closure speech, the department staffs came out from the meeting room yawning but still managed to look bright.

"Yerin, that was a good presentation!"

"The boss had a really big smile on his face!"

"You're really well prepared, congrats!"

She received the compliments left and right with reddened cheeks yet managed to thank all for them. "I won't be that good if not for Jiyeon unnie!"

The smaller girl showed up by her side and Yerin leaned her own body to the older girl. "Thank you unnie!" She was linking their arms, definitely being a clingy and adorable younger sister to Jiyeon.

"Miss Yerin is naturally good at her job!" Jiyeon knew how to sweet-talk too. She even patted the top of Yerin's head softly before all the staffs returned to their working desks each.

Yerin thought she would come up short and unprepared when it came to the project and her presentation. Although it's not fully finished yet, what she had done so far could be presentable enough that her director had summoned all them to a meeting to hear her out. Unlike the last time that she failed in and almost lost her job, it's surely different now.

Maybe because previously, Yuna wasn't with her and Yerin lost her happiness. However things had changed now and Yerin had been happier with Yuna by her side.

That, of course hadn't been forgotten yet. The mystery of Yuna's life and death had yet to be unveiled, yet Yerin had no idea where to start searching for the answer.

"Jiyeon unnie," she turned to the officemate beside her for help. The older girl smiled at her cutely. "Is it possible we could go back in time?"

"Of course we could!" Yerin's heartbeat accalerated faster at her wording. "You could just leave all your jobs and leave for home!"

She almost rolled her eyes. "It's not go back home on time!"

Jiyeon blinked. "Then?"

Yerin sighed. "I mean...travel time to the past?"

They had a few quiet moments between them and Yerin patiently waited for Jiyeon's answer.

"I don't know what you're talking about," the small girl finally spoke. "I'm sorry," she gave her innocent smile away.

Dejected, Yerin slumped comfortably in her chair and closed her eyes briefly. The presentation of the project had her brain drained, but at the thought of what had been bugging her mind these past weeks was more tiresome.

The last time when her family had Yein at her house, that cousin of hers overheard her own conversation with Eunbi in the kitchen, talking about Yerin's agony and her overly sentimental personality.

"Something about Yuna...it felt too real it made me scared."

"Death?"

The siblings were given a suprise when Yein suddenly disturbed their deep talk. Yerin was especially annoyed since she thought she could have chance to sort it out with her younger sister if not for her cousin.

"Sorry," Yein chuckled as she stepped into the kitchen. "I just wanted to have a cold drink, but seems like I came at the bad timing!"

"What did you say earlier?" Eunbi inquired her cousin.

"I wanted a cold drink...?" Yein eyed Eunbi hesitantly.

"No, no, before that! When you cut our talk short to notice us your presence! I heard you mentioned death?!"

Eunbi seemed to catch whatever Yein slipped out from her tongue, but it got Yerin to raise her eyebrows. It was similar to how she actually really felt about Yuna!

"Did I say that?" Yein gave them a toothy grin. "I think you misheard me. I was definitely saying dduk dduk (knock knock aegyo-ishly), not jug-eum (death)!"

It was absurd for Yerin to believe Yein might have a psychic power that could read her mind, but she was still suspicious of her cousin. After all Yein was someone who involved herself with magic.


Shrugging the image of suspicious Yein out of her clouded mind, Yerin was back to focus on her job and got through the day before she got off from work.

***

It was all rainbow for Yerin since she was granted a permission from her cousin that she could raise the latter's puppy named Myuchi. Unfortunately she had a cold war with her wife instead for taking home of something that Yuna was allergic of. She didn't mind if Yerin loved the cute animal so much, but since she herself couldn't stand of its fur kept getting her nose itched and sneezing, followed by her reddened face, she had to force her wife to return Myuchi back to Yein.

That was strange. As long as Yerin knew Yuna, her wife was fond of the creature and never seen complained about her displeasure. How did things change now?

As much as she got sulky because of the matter, Yerin still returned Myuchi to his original owner. She's just so whipped and smitten for Yuna to say no to her favour.

Now back in good terms and to a lovely couple they were, Yuna had her wife by her side while they pushed the trolley together for grocery shopping. Their daily-used stuffs at home were finishing so the couple decided to go out shopping and eat dinner after that.

Instead of helping Yuna looking for groceries, Yerin was busy picking snacks instead. The former rolled her eyes. "What are you? 18?"

"Not relevant if I have alcolhol with me!" The older had a bottle of wine in her hand, making her wife amused.

"Seriously, cheap snacks with expensive wine?"

"Nothing's wrong with that. I'm just tired of soju and beer, so I wanted something fancy for myself for once!" Yerin was cheeky and winked an eye which had Yuna shook her head yet blushed at the affection the other girl threw at her.

Once they were done with the payment, Yuna led the way ahead while Yerin slowly walked behind her while pushing the trolley. She loved being the husband for her wife and acted as a gentleman. Yuna had no complain since she loved it when Yerin spoiled her even with that subtle manner.

Yerin drove out from the store's area and searched for a good place to eat at. While they discussed what food would they like that night, Yerin had the radio on and Yuna's favourite song was playing. "Oh, it's Heaven!" Her eyes literally sparked when she heard the into instrument and Ailee's voice followed. At first she was just humming following the music, but then she began to sing along.

neol wihaeseo maeil utgo
neol wihaeseo gidohago
ni saenggage jamdeulgo
neol bureumyeo nuneul ddeo

(I smile for you every day,
I pray for you
With thoughts of you, I fall asleep,
I open my eyes as I call for you)


The girl tilted to Yerin and sang her voice out, like she dedicated the lyrics to her wife. Her smile was endearing and Yerin held back from leaning forward to kiss her wife. She was smiling in content too as she was captured and mesmerized; Yuna was undoubtedly had a great voice and stole Yerin's heart away instantly. Thank goodness she sang it loud and not slow like a lullaby, or else Yerin would have fallen asleep while driving.

You’re my only one way
ojik neoreul wonhae
naega ni gyeote isseume gamsahae
You’re the only one babe
himdeun sesang soge sarangeul alge haejun

(You’re my only one way
Only for you –
I am thankful that I am next to you
You’re the only one babe
You taught me love in this harsh world)


The song and Yuna's singing just gave a reflection of Yerin's feelings. Previously when she had dream of Yuna's death, she thought she might as well left everything. She was lost in her sadness, drowned in too deep and didn't seem like she could survive or breathe anymore. But after she realized it was nothing like that and Yuna was actually alive before her eyes, Yerin found the brightness in her life again and was thankful for her wife. Yuna was indeed her strength and her everything.

As the highlight part of the song came about, Yerin joined Yuna to sing.

Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
uri hamkkeramyeon
we will never cry never never cry
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
yeongwonhi duriseo never gonna be alone

(Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
If we’re together
we will never cry never never cry
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven Heaven
Forever, together – never gonna be alone)


***

They chose to eat at a familiar restaurant in the town, a place they often hung out with Eunbi and Sojung before, sometimes joined by Yewon and Hwang Eunbi as well. The restaurant's staff was cooking ddakgalbi on their table and Yuna looked around the restaurant while waiting for the food to be fully cooked. "This place made me feel nostalgic. We used to come here a lot with our friends!"

"You're right!" Yerin slurped her straw for her coke. "And Sojung kept nagging at me about this and that!"

The pair laughed at the memory. Now that they realized it, Sojung was quite a nagger and Yerin would be consistently be her nag victim. Yuna was helpless and Eunbi would just stuck her tongue out at her older sister.

As they killed the time by chatting while waiting for the food, someone that just came inside the same restaurant caught Yuna's eyes.

"Yein!" The girl waved her hand in the air excitedly much to Yerin's surprise. When she turned around she saw her cousin and her company approached their table slowly when the girl heard her name being hollered. "Hi unnie, on a blissful date?"

"That's right! I missed eating at this restaurant!" Yuna answered while Yerin kept quiet.

Yein took it a cue to introduce her company to her cousin and her wife. "Right, this is my girlfriend. She's two years older than me!"

"I'm Park Myungeun," the girl said her name, nodded her head before extended out her hand. She shook hand with both Yerin and Yuna. The other pair beamed a genuine smile before asking to join them.

"I believe we're the same age!" Yerin said at the girl that sat next to Yuna while Yein was beside her.

Yein's girlfriend nodded her head. "Yein told me about that. In fact she told me a lot about the both of you?"

"Really?" Yuna's eyes lit up as she stared at Yein, contradicted from her wife.

"Why do you need tell her about us?"

It was obvious Yerin was not pleasant.

"Ah, I just told her that Yuna unnie and I went to the same gymnastic club, that made me feel closer to your family than other cousins we have," her cousin explained timidly as she scratched the back of her head. Yuna felt bad because of Yerin's behaviour towards the two guests so she apologized on her wife's behalf before glaring at the latter.

"It seems like you're offended Yerin-ssi," Myungeun only chuckled as she told Yuna an apology was unnecessary. "Our Yein actually looked up to you and your family a lot, she said you and your sister are the smartest and the most successful daughters among your familly!"

From the girl's wording had Yerin raised her eyebrows. "Is that so?"

"See, you're worried for nothing, honey!" Yuna smirked.

After the so-called commotion, the couples finally got to eat their dinner in peace. The staff that tended to them was on standby in case they wanted to add more rice or noodles in their ddakgalbi. The double date went well despite it was unplanned.

Once they cleared the food, Yein excused herself to the toilet for a moment which had Yuna followed as well, so it was only Yerin and Myungeun, her cousin's girlfriend.

"So," Yerin attempted to have a conversation as she sipped her coke. "How did it feel to be a magician's girlfriend? Aren't you scared she might do some of her tricks on you?"

It was a harmless question and Yerin intended it as a joke, but Myungeun looked serious.

"I don't know how should I take your words as..." The girl looked like she wasn't kidding, until the corner of her lips slowly twitched into a sly smile. "Oh my goodness, you should look at your face! Are you that scared of me?"

"Hey you looked intimidating for a moment, how could I not freak out?!" Yerin retaliated with a high-pitched voice before both she and Yein's girlfriend burst into laughing. "You got me there!"

"I just made fool of you," Myungeun slowly recovered from her laughter. "Yein was always excited when it came to doing magic, but I guess she's tired of using risky tricks for many times now."

"What do you mean she got tired?" Yerin raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know? Her trip to Canada was her last job as a magician. She came back here with me and is still looking for a decent job to make up from being jobless!"

She grew more interested to hear more about Yein. "Why did she quit? I thought she loved doing it so much..."

"She wants to be more human, I guess," Yerin looked on as she heard Myungeun sighed. "Yein wants to settle down for good and she thinks she actually did more harm than good in this field."

"I'm sorry to ask this just now, but..." Yerin paused for a while and her lips. "What exact magic trick she actually did?"

Myungeun moved her eyes away, looked on for any sign of Yein or Yuna showing up. Ensuring the other pair hadn't returned yet, she leaned towards Yerin's ear for a whisper. "She played with time."

Yerin was stunned and widened her eyes.


***An update!!! I guess from this chapter, you could guess something... ;P I randomly added Heaven lyrics in this chapter to express YeJu's romantic moments more! By the way, if you're not familiar with some of the additional characters in here, let me introduce to you guys...
Jiyeon in this story is not Park Jiyeon of T-ara, but Kim Jiyeon or better known as Kei is from Lovelyz.
Park Myungeun or her stage name Jin is also from Lovelyz.
And of course Lovelyz's maknae, Jung Yein :)