A Little Time To Look At The Past

Return The Time

2 - A Little Time To Look At The Past

 

Yerin had come home once her semester came to a break after her final. The eldest daughter of the Jung surely missed her home and family after living away in a dorm her college provided for two months. Assignments and practical works had made her student life turned so busy that her mom nagged why she wasn't coming home when her dorm wasn't that far from her family's house.

Just in time of her semester break, her younger sister was on holiday as well. Both were elated to know they'd spend time whole great month together after a while. Yerin rarely came home since she started college and Eunbi was always busy studying (and date) that she couldn't make time to visit her sister in the other town.

"How's your study?" the elder asked her younger sister over a spicy stew and steamy rice set on the dining table. Eunbi nodded her head as she scooped a spoon of rice. "It's fine. I ranked 1st in recent exam." Yerin ruffled the younger's hair before lightly pushing the girl's temple as Eunbi whined at the unexpected attack. "What a show off~"

Eunbi snickered. "Can't help it. This cute sister of yours is the smartest in the classroom!"

Yerin shook her head. "Isn't it because you're in the lowest class?" "MOM!" Yerin's teasing had Eunbi whined even louder that she sounded like a child as her lips pouted. Their parents laughed at Yerin's joke before the mother pinched her eldest daughter's ear playfully. "Quit teasing!"

The dinner went smoothly despite the noise the two sisters made. The family was happy again and had hearty laugh that night since Yerin came back. Eunbi told them she had a friend coming tomorrow for a discussion and a little time of 'group' study. Their parents didn't mind despite not being able to be at home and tend to Eunbi's friend which Eunbi found it wasn't something to worry about.

Yerin didn't have plan on going out tomorrow so she was thinking of just staying in her room and watching movies that she had missed out while she was busy. "But are you sure it's not Sojung who'll come over and you'll end up snogging in your room!"

"DAD!" Eunbi turned for her father's help this time since Yerin wouldn't stop teasing her. The only man in the house however was just as playful as his eldest daughter as he joined the 'bully' Eunbi squad.

When the sun rose that morning, it turned out Yerin was the last one to wake up and when she did everybody else had gone out to start their days. Eunbi was meeting at her friend's place while their parents would be gone for two days for a business trip in other town.

She made herself a scramble egg and ate with two pieces of toasts before she went back to her room. As she stayed in her room and watched movies in her laptop for couple of hours, she didn't realize Eunbi was home and came in with her friend. When the eldest sister came back down to grab more food and water to drink, the pair that came home earlier was in the lounge room and had some study together. It seemed like Eunbi was teaching her friend something on her notebook.

"E-Eunbi, who's that?" the girl's friend caught Yerin's figure coming down from the stairs and stuttered at her friend. Eunbi tilted and found her eldest sister before nonchalantly told her friend, "That's my sister. She just finished her third semester in college."

"Y-you didn't tell me she's at home?" her friend was obviously perplexed as Eunbi chuckled. "Why are you so nervous? It's just my sister!"

Yerin approached the pair despite noticing Eunbi's friend was a little uncomfortable at her presence. "Why are you studying during holiday? That's no fun!" Eunbi rolled her eyes before introducing her friend. "This is Choi Yuna, my best friend. I'm helping her with statistic since she was struggling but we'll have more fun time after this."

The eldest sister nodded as she pursed her lips before offering a friendly smile at Yuna. "Good luck!" She left the pair to the kitchen, opening the fridge and took out some ingredients. Since the two younger girls were studying, she decided to serve them some food as they studied. It took less than twenty minutes when Yerin reappeared in the lounge room with a tray. "Enjoy, the both of you!"

Yuna shyly glanced up and smiled at her as Eunbi stole a piece of the potato pancake Yerin made and munched the food. "Yerin unnie makes the best pancake, try it Yuna."

The said girl timidly cut a piece of another cabbage pancake before taking it inside . For some reason Yerin was nervous in anticipation of Yuna's reaction but the girl's sheepish smile the next seconds brought a relief inside her. "I-It's yummy."

The eldest had a wide smile spread across her face as her eyes disappeared. It was Yuna's first time meeting Yerin and her friend's sister had a really warm and pretty smile. She shyly glanced up to catch a glimpse of Yerin's face secretly once again but found the eldest's eyes staring at her. Yuna quickly shifted her gaze away as her face heated and a blush crept on her cheeks. Eunbi remained oblivious.

***

"Okay so, this is the plan..."

It was summer and the girls had a plan on going for a camping trip. Sojung was the one who shared the idea as she planned to spend the fun holiday with her girlfriend plus her friend. The tall girl picked Yerin and Eunbi up by a camping truck as the former was surprised to find Yuna and two other girls inside. "Oh...?"

"H-hi unnie..." Yuna was shy to see Yerin's surprised expression.

Yerin kept Sojung company by the passenger seat while Eunbi was at the back with the remaining girls. "You guys are mutual friends?"

"I often join Eunbi and Yuna whenever they had a study time at the usual cafe and Yewon was fond of the girls too. They're in one school," Sojung explained while didn't spare her a glance but on the road. Yewon was Sojung's younger sister, also a close hoobae to both Eunbi and Yuna. As the other girl who tagged along in the trip was Yewon's friend (maybe more than friends but they denied with blushing faces), Hwang Eunbi. It must be a headache for the Kim sisters to have girlfriend who shared the same name, but Yerin could only laugh and make fun of them more because of that.

They set up a tent that Sojung claimed was big enough to fit all six girls while their begs and necessary tools were put outside. It's already noon and Yerin planned to cook ramen for the group while instructing the two youngest girls to pick up and collect woods. Yuna just came out from the tent after sorting stuffs up and realized it was just her and Yerin. "Uh hmm...where are the others?"

Her voice brought Yerin out from her focus on the cooking tools and the packs of ramen. "I told Yewon and Hwang to pick up woods," she told while glancing at Yuna only for a second. "How about Eunbi and Sojung unnie?"

"There they- eh, where have they gone to?"

The pair went missing just as the youngest pair and that left only the two of them alone. Yerin hadn't realized the situation since she was too focus on her task and when she finally did, it turned awkward for the two girls.

Shrugging off, Yuna sat down beside Yerin and tried to have a casual chat with the older girl to chase the awkwardness away. "How come I've never seen you before?"

"I'm the only girl in the group that went to different school. As you already know Sojung is our childhood friend and that explains why our families are close. That giraffe is lucky I didn't fall for her because she's obviously smitten with Eunbi and I don't have to feel heartbroken," Yerin started as Yuna laughed at her witty joke. "Besides, I rarely stayed at home because the dorm of my school was like 50 minutes away," she continued.

The truth was Yuna already dug that information out from Eunbi because she was so curious why she hadn't seen Yerin around either when she visited the house or at school. Apparently like Yerin said, she was the only one who was sent to different school as she insisted. It wasn't like she didn't want to attend the same school as her sister and Sojung, but she liked to be away from home and learned to be independant like the most reliable eldest sister she was.

The four other girls finally showed up and really brought the things Yerin told them to bring. Sojung and Eunbi apologized for missing while giving excuse of helping the two youngest out when Yerin started nagging. Eunbi threw a smirk at Yuna before playfully bumping her own shoulder against Yuna's. "Someone is happy to have her alone time~" the shorter whispered as the taller turned red. "We were just talking for a little."

So Yuna's assumption was true about Eunbi and Sojung's missing purpose was to let her and Yerin be alone together.

***

Since the camping trip and well spent holiday, Yerin and Yuna grew closer as Eunbi often ditched them alone while she went on dates with Sojung. They ended up exchanging phone numbers in excuse of Yuna could ask Yerin about anything when she needed help with her study. From formal texts regarding school changed to informal since Yerin quickly eased up and joked around with her. The older girl had a fun personality and just as beagle and extra as the other younger Eunbi.

As the holiday came to an end, Yuna found it hard to send Yerin off as the latter would be back to her dorm. "It's t-too bad you're leaving now." She didn't know why but Yerin had this effect on her that she always stuttered whenever she spoke to the older girl face to face.

Yerin chuckled as she ruffled Yuna's hair. "Don't miss me too much, kiddo!" she teased as Yuna blushed both at contact and Yerin's words. The younger as well as Sojung and Yewon had come over a night before Yerin departed to her dorm, but the Kim sisters and Eunbi were playing on their own to give some time for Yuna and Yerin to speak to each other.

Nothing really happened between them, but Yerin was confirmed she would miss Yuna throughout her lonely school days. She waited until early next year Eunbi and her friend graduated before she could confess. Heck, even Yewon and Hwang Eunbi were faster at getting official title than them sloths.

During the girls' graduation, Yerin came back for the celebration. "Happy graduating, Yuna-yah!" she whispered when the pair was having their own time. The freshly graduated girl smiled sheepishly before saying thank you.

As the occassion was over, the girls gathered for photos and when it was just six of them, Yerin built her courage up and side-hugging Yuna on the girl's shoulder before posing for the camera. Yuna was obviously flustered and blushed again but quickly recovered when she felt an elbow just hit her stomach. "Please date!" She found Eunbi was giggling.

Things were slow between them, but soon Yerin fastened her pace and quickly made Yuna hers. When the younger was accepted into a college along with Eunbi, they met again. "I was scared of bothering you on your last year of high school but we got over the time now. Choi Yuna, do you want to date me?"

Despite the wild noise in the karaoke room, the pair was on their own world and Yuna was shaken at the confession. "Y-yes," she stammered but Yerin caught her single word and a grin appeared across her face. "Should we kiss?"

"W-what- ?" Yuna got surprised when she felt the tender lips pressed against hers. Yerin had kissed her lips without even Yuna allowed it first, but it wasn't like she would complain about it. In fact, the moment Yerin pulled away, Yuna already got addicted and wanted to kiss more. She didn't realize it but when she connected her lips with Yerin's again, the other girls had actually paused singing and were cooing at their romantic interaction.

Yuna was blushing madly while Yerin was giggling and joined the other girls as they partied.

***

"Oh my gosh, is she alright?"

"Yerin unnie..."

"Doctor, will she be saved?"

I opened my eyes but I only found Yuna, staring down at me and gave her prettiest smile that I would never got over it. However it did feel strange to see my beautiful wife again. Am I dead?

"NO!!!"

"Y-yerin unnieee..."

The sound of my mother's shouting and Eunbi's crying is clear to my ears, but why I can't see them?

"I'm sorry Mr. Jung. We tried our best..."

The doctor sounded like he was in despair followed by my father's loud cry. Where did my strong and manly father go?

"Yerin," Yuna's voice brought me to only look at her. Her face hadn't changed and neither did her hairstyle. Her bang that I used to pushed behind so I can kissed her properly was still covering her forehead.

"Yuna, did I die?"


***2+k words to make up for the time I haven't updated! I'm so sorry for the long wait. Have an enjoyable reading! You'll find out what happened to Yerin in the next chapter kay ;-)