Chapter 2

Forget Me Not



Two weeks passed and there was still no change in Tao or at least the word Sehun got from the guys and his family.  He still couldn’t bring himself to visit.  The thought of talking to an unmoving being didn’t sit well with him, especially an unmoving Tao.  Tao not in motion with his laughter, quick wit, or even not so subtle whining was foreign to him.  The guys kept him abreast of Tao’s improvement or lack thereof; he was weak.  He knew it.  He knew Tao would hate him upon wakening, would give him those doe eyes of sadness knowing his Sehun didn’t visit not once but how can you look at the one you love not moving before breaking down?  This is the best way he could be strong, keeping his distance.



The call from his mom broke him out of tradition between practice, meet and greets, and comeback tours.  “Tao is awake but…”



He cut her off before she could even finish, hanging up the phone suddenly.  He rushed to the hospital, driving with a cloud of emotions surrounding him.  He’s going to hate me for not visiting.  I doubt he heard anyone voice but what if he knows that mine was absent?  Would he hate me?



The internal thoughts wouldn’t leave his mind as he drove.  He hoped his absence wouldn’t leave Tao upset as it was the last thing he wanted to do to him.  Tao, please don’t hate me.



Hospital



The hospital was a destitute of happiness and sadness, each person getting onto the elevator had a mixture of angst and happiness on their face.  Sehun lingered on the happier families each time the doors opened.  He vowed to be a better boyfriend to Tao, he was going to make to be less selfish, more loving.  Tao loved affection, both receiving and giving and Sehun took each time.  He was going to give this time around; it was as life was giving him a fresh start he wasn’t aware he needed.



The first person he saw when he got off the elevator was Tao’s mother and she rushed to envelop him into a hug.  “My baby is awake, he’s speaking.”  The smile on her face made him smile.  This was the beginning of his fresh start.  “Sehun, before you go…”



Sehun ignored her words barging through the doors; he would apologize to her later but he was invigorated with the energy of talking to Tao.



He entered the room, his heart beating madly, this was his moment. “Taozi.  It’s me.”



"Sehunnie?  Finally?  I needed a break from everyone."  His voice was hoarse and low but it sounded like someone on a megaphone in his ear.  “Thank goodness you’re here I needed a break from Baek".  The small laughter coming from his voice was a symphony to his ears.  “Having a chatterbox boyfriend like him could drive someone crazy.”



“A boyfriend like him?”  Sehun was confused hearing his words.





"I don’t see how we’ve been together for so long without me killing him but I love him, so there’s that."



Love him?! Boyfriend?!



A/N: Short chapter but thanks for reading!