Chapter 6

Forget Me Not


A/N:  This story is primarily from Sehun perspective. I can’t remember if I specified this or not.  This chapter is absolute sh*t to me.  My thoughts kept going all over and I changed a lot of the dialogue.  I just needed to post this because I want to scrape the whole idea but thanks everyone for reading.

 


Tao was the dorm for over a month and for Sehun his prescence was still a constant torture.  He noted each time Tao kissed Baekhyun temple, it was exact the way he used to kiss his temple.  Tao was always an emotional person, regardless of him showing the world how manly he was, it came back to cuddling when he was with his hyungs.  Sehun stayed outside of the house more than ever because Tao seemed to shower months of affection onto Baekhyun and Sehun was not pleased with either man.  Baekhyun kept reassuring him that and he was just in a bad situation but Sehun noted how he would touch Tao, the small looks that would make Tao blush.  Baekhyun willingly had Tao in his bed and Chanyeol would joke about them being gross.  Each member offered their own condolences to him, Junmyeon would tell horrific jokes to try to get him to smile when Tao and Baekhyun were cuddled on the couch.  Jongin and Kyungsoo were constantly inviting to hang out with them leaving Sehun to mourn affection from his own boyfriend.  Chanyeol would crack jokes calling the new couple “The grossest thing he has ever had to witness and could Sehun Tao memory back so he and Baekhyun can hang out more.”  Jongdae and Minseok were no better giving him sad looks and comfort by letting him cuddle in between them while watching movies.  Yixing called from China often just to check in on him giving him words of wisdom and advice.  Sehun appreciated their efforts but it didn’t console the ache in his heart that after a month Tao still shied away from him.  Tao opened up enough to finally speak to him but it was never more than 10 sentences a day and Sehun was at his wits end today.  Tao parents visited every weekend and tried to integrate Sehun back into their son life but it was to no avail. 


This is hell Sehun thought as he heard the sounds of the new couple in the kitchen cooking.  The sounds of Baekhyun mumbling and Tao giggling had him seeing red.


He walked past the kitchen and saw Tao sitting on the counter and Baekhyun standing in between his legs, Tao wrapped his arms around him as Baekhyun leaned in for a kiss. No, no, no… Sehun couldn’t breathe as he watched the scene before him.  There was a sneaky smile on Tao lips after Baekhyun pecked his lips.  Sehun knew that smile, he was familiar with that smile, and he wondered how far has Baekhyun taken this charade?  He continued watching them wanting to call out, pull his hyung off of his boyfriend but what he felt most was his heart shattering.


Baekhyun brushed Tao’s blonde fringe from his face as his hand cupped his cheek.  Sehun was an unwilling spectator to this display, the look in Baekhyun eye was not as a platonic friend.  No, that was a look of someone with feelings; Sehun felt like an intruder but couldn’t tear his eyes away. 


  The hushed laughter from Tao as he wrapped his arms around his waist pulling Baekhyun closer to him.  “Oh hi Sehun.”  Tao tilted his head to the side eyeing the young man as Baekhyun jumped out of Tao’s reach looking guilty.  “Hey Hun.”   


ing traitor. Sehun wanted to vocalize his thoughts but instead stormed off towards his room.  


“Sehun!  Sehun!  Wait!” Baekhyun called after him trying to stop his favorite maknae and Sehun heard his footsteps and he turned around quickly to him. 


“What the hell is that Baek? Huh?  What did I just see?  


Sehun hated arguing with them but he was at the end of his rope now; his mind kept replaying the way Baekhyun reached out to his boyfriend first.


“What the hell was that? How could you do this to me?” The tone of Sehun’s voice shocked him, he wasn’t yelling just questioning him as if they couldn’t agree on dinner.


“Hun, I’m sorry.  I don’t know what happened.”  Baekhyun shook his head while being in disbelief on his actions.  “I don’t want to hurt you at all, please believe me.”


“Believe you? Ha.” Sehun scoffed looking down at Baekhyun with a slight glare in his eyes.  “I saw you. I saw your face.”  The last line was spoken quietly.


“Guys what’s going on?” Tao came near them touching Baekhyun shoulder and finally looking at Sehun but his expression was one of confusion and gentle. 


“Nothing, absolutely nothing ZiTao.” Sehun replied glancing up at him and his own expression softening seeing Tao’s eyes on him. 


“There is something wrong Hun-ah.” Tao walked closer to him and laid his hand on his cheek. 


Sehun stayed still wanting to lean into the touch that he craved internally for so long but he fought it.  This was the first time Tao touched him since the accident and the longing in him elevated.  “Is my Hunnie okay?”  Tao whispered affectionately.


Sehun locked eyes with Tao at the pet name he used when they dated.  Tao frowned up his beautiful features as his touch seemed to intensify.  “Sehun?”


“Tao?”


The hand fell from his face suddenly as Tao grabbed his head in pain.  “It hurts.  Why do you make it hurt?”


This was new information to Sehun and apparently Baekhyun from the look on his face as well.  Sehun wasn’t sure if the pain was something Tao has been experience for some time now or what was going on with him.  “Taozi.  What is hurting?” He whispered the words fighting while reaching out to him.


Tao moved out of reach moving behind Baekhyun.  “You…”   His words were gasped out as he was kneeling in pain that had him and Baekhyun afraid to move.


“We need to get him to the doctor.” Sehun spoke falling to the floor with Tao quickly wrapping him in his arms.  “Tao, what’s going on what hurts?”


“Stop touching me!”  The words were yelled out desperately as he wrestled out of Sehun’s embrace.  “You.  It’s you!  When you’re near.  Why do you make it hurt Sehun?  It always hurts when you’re around me!”


Sehun looked at Baekhyun in confusion but a part of understanding.  His memories may be returning but it left Sehun guilty.  Are you only remembering the bad parts Taozi?  What are you seeing in your mind?


  “Baekhyun, we need to get him to the hospital.”  Sehun got his wits together trying not to feel burned at Tao’s rejection of him.  He ignored his anger at Baekhyun from the scene in the kitchen because Tao was his priority; he always was.


“Tao, babe, we have to get you to the doctor.”  Baekhyun ignored Sehun’s face and knew the conversation was far from over.


“Stay with me Baek… Hun? Baek? Please?” The words poured from Tao’s lips followed by an onslaught of tears would have unnerved Sehun if it wasn’t for the situation at hand.


“Tao listen to me, hyung is going to drive you to the hospital, okay?”  Sehun said the words firmly yet affectionately while looking above Tao.


“Hun-ah… come with me, no... don’t come. Come. I don’t know.”  Tao sounded so childlike that it had an effect on Sehun and Baekhyun as the latter helped him up and Tao leaned all his weight on the smaller man.


“I’ll come later and I will let the others know and call you parents; I’m always going to be here Taozi.” Sehun kept using his name for him because even with the internal battle between Tao and his subconscious the love he had for him would never go away.  “Just go with Baekhyun and I’ll make sure everyone else knows.”


“Hun-ah… you promise you’ll be there?” Tao questioned even still wrapped in Baekhyun’s arms.


“Of course.


“But you always break your promises.”  Tao whispered into Baekhyun’s neck but Sehun still heard the words.


“I will never break them again, go with hyung and I will be there.”  Sehun lightly rubbed Tao shoulder and it caused the man to shiver and curl himself into Baekhyun more.   The conversation between Sehun and Baekhyun was far from over but right now both their priority was Tao.


Baekhyun mouthed “he’s getting his memory” back to Sehun and the younger man nodded his head.  He wasn’t sure what the next hurdle life was going to throw at them but he was ready.