Chapter 5

Forget Me Not

A week passed and Tao was due to be released from the hospital that day.  Sehun immersed himself into work and refused to visit the hospital even with the insistence of Tao’s parents.  He wasn’t trying to ignore his elders but he already had to listen to Tao constantly call and text everyone around him.  His boyfriend was still avoiding him other than a “hey Sehun” when he would be on speaker phone and it was taking everything within him to not lash out.




Sehun walked back towards the dorm hoping everyone was still gone seeing Tao off as he declined due to arrangements he purposely made around this time.   He didn’t hear anything outside the door and sighed a breath of relief.  He just wanted to be left alone and the guys have been good at fulfilling the request and giving him space, even though he doesn’t miss the sad looks he’s given.


He walked into the dorms, immediately taking off his shoes near the door and was greeted by the sight of Tao’s head in Baekhyun’s lap and their fingers intertwined while Tao was giggling at something Baekhyun said.


“Oh, hey Sehun!” Tao smiled after his greeting but it wasn’t his usual one that lit up his face upon seeing the members.   It took everything in his power for Sehun to not push Tao off of Baek and reclaim him as his own. Mine.


Sehun couldn’t stop staring at the sight in front of him and how comfortable Baekhyun was in the role of Tao’s boyfriend.  His fingers were still clasped within Tao’s but his face showed some discomfort. Good. You shouldn’t even hold his hands, what happened to being uncomfortable?


“Glad to see you’re okay Tao.” Sehun cleared his throat walking towards his room trying to keep his face as neutral as possible.  He mastered it but he couldn’t stop staring at their intertwined hands.


“Ay! Hun, stay out here with us.” Baekhyun called out.  “The others went to grab food to celebrate Tao being released and him… umm…staying with us for a while.”

“Staying with us?”


“Yep.  I don’t have anything big I’m working on and Baek and I don’t get to spend enough time together.”  Tao interjected playing with his “boyfriend” fingers while not looking directly at him.


“So you’re staying with us, cool, I guess.”  Sehun repeated moving closer to the two and trying to worm himself on the couch.  It gave him the desired affect that Tao had to get off Baekhyun’s lap and gave Sehun a quizzical look as he sat in between the two.  “Sorry hyung, I don’t want to see you two be all lovey dovey.” He smirked at Baekhyun and pinched his leg in the process.


Sehun inhaled the soft scent that was Tao of spice and sweet soap and his instinct was to bury his head into his neck and never let go.   I could’ve lost you. “I’m glad you’re here, Taoz—Tao.”  His arm went around his boyfriend and it felt like forever when since he touched him.


Sehun couldn’t help but noticed Tao was still looking at him with his eyebrow raised and shook his head suddenly.  “Sehun… I…” The young man started as he put his hands to his head and shrugged his arm off of him.  “Sorry.”  Tao’s voice was quiet and he looked past Sehun to get Baekhyun attention.  “I am not feeling well right now, I’m going to lie down.”


“Are you okay?”  Baekhyun and Sehun asked at the time, both feeling worried about him.


“Yeah.  I am just tired.”  Tao avoided Sehun eyes again as he looked at Baekhyun.  “Come lay with me, please?”

Baekhyun looked at Sehun before walking towards the room.  Tao took his hand and kissed his forehead but the look he gave back to Sehun didn’t go unnoticed.  It was inquisitive and filled with questions.  

A/N: This is an extremely short update but I struggled so hard to continue.  The next chapter will be a bit easier since I have it planned.