Chapter 1

Forget Me Not

Oh Sehun felt a mixture of emotions as he sat in the waiting room with his band mates.  He couldn’t believe Tao, HIS Tao was in a car accident that could’ve took his life.  His best friend and favorite bandmate, Byun Baekhyun sat by his side, his hand never leaving his shoulder.





“He’s going to be okay, you have to have faith.”  His voice was shaky and how could he trust someone who was just as scared as he was.  He could only give a nod in agreement but on the inside he was scared.



Huang Zitao was no longer with EXO and under S.M. Management but they maintained their relationship through all the endeavors and scandals.  Tao was his soul mate, his one and only, and in the hospital fighting for his life.



“Hey remember the time?” Baekhyun started telling his story of when he first met Tao and Sehun tuned him out.  He didn’t want to go down memory lane, not in a moment like this, not when he didn’t know if his beloved was going to die or not.  “Chanyeol will be here soon.”



Sehun picked up on the last sentence after ignoring every other word. He couldn’t stop blaming himself.  Tao was tired or so he said over and over before he left.

“Why must we meet at this hour?  I’m tired of hiding our friendship from everyone Sehun.”

“It has to be this way…”



“You make it this way, why can’t you leave?  You’re not happy and we can be happy together without management interference.”



“Just… please meet me here.”



Sehun remembered whining in the phone and Tao could never say no when he whined.  He will never whine again.  He hated being so stoic and unemotional when it came to appearances but with Tao, he could be himself.  He could be silly, he could cry, he could be upset, he let all of those defenses down when he was with his Tao.



I put him in the hospital, I killed Tao.  His rational thoughts knew this wasn’t true but he couldn’t help the self-blaming.  God.  If you’re listening, take me and not Tao.

“Sehun, Sehun…”  He felt the nudge to his shoulder more so than the words from his friend.  “Doctor is coming.”



“Oh Sehun, you’re next of kin, right?”  The doctor looked friendly enough, short haircut with glasses, and a nice smile.  How can you smile when my boyfriend is dying?

“We’ve stopped the internal bleeding, there was a lot of blood loss.”



Sehun couldn’t stop picturing how face must have looked when the accident occurred; he knew he was scared.  He wondered if he thought of him, if his life flashed before his eyes.  The gasp from Baekhyun interrupted his morbid thoughts.

“I’m sorry?”



“He may have slight amnesia from the trauma to the brain…”



Sehun’s own life flashed before his eyes upon hearing these words.



“Amnesia?”  He was finally able to speak.



“It’s a possibility but until he awakes from the induced coma we won’t have any information.”

“Coma?”  Sehun questioned again.  Why couldn’t he speak?  His mind was working too many miles per minute.  Amnesia? Coma?  These were the only two words going back and forth in his mind.



Baekhyun arm came around one of his best friends.  He immediately rushed to the hospital upon Sehun call which was a bunch of yelled out random words and it seemed to be happening again.  “How long until he wakes up?”  He asked on behalf of Sehun whom still had his mouth open like a fish.



We’re not sure.”  The doctor sighed looking at his pager.  “One of you may see him now.”

Baekhyun tried pushing Sehun further before he shook his head.  “You first.”  He was grateful for his friend saying more than one word but wasn’t sure why he didn’t want to go first.

“Are you sure?”

Sehun nodded not wanting to use his voice anymore.



“…Okay…”  He sounded unsure.  He didn’t see Tao nowhere near as much as Sehun did but he wasn’t going to argue now.  “I’ll make sure to let him know you’re out here.”



Sehun nodded again because he couldn’t face Tao.  He couldn’t stand looking at him, couldn’t bear it, not when he’s the reason that he’s there.  He watched Baekhyun walk behind the doors with the doctor smiling at the nurses around him.

A/N: Thanks everyone for reading