The moment of TRUTH..........

It All Began When My Eyes Met Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOO MI'S POV

"This is getting on my last nerves"...........................................I told Riddhi. For the past six months the atmosphere in this house was becoming really suffocating. Our "sujub-eun", "mideung" and "eonjena seumail inhyeong" (shy, tubelight and always smiley doll) has locked up herself in her own world which was disturbing us both. We were accustomed to her smiling face that could lighten up any situation, her stupid reactions when she at last gets the meaning of any joke was even more hilarious compared to the joke itself. And lastly her awkwardness around unknown people which gave her hiccups when introductions followed (seriously how did she managed with all those presentations at work...............................maybe hours of practice in front of the mirror helped her. I even saw her once rehearsing...........she was too funny................***giggles***)

A sudden smile came to my lips just thinking about how she used to be, when.............................."We together need to pull her out of this" from Riddhi.........................broke my line of thoughts. She was right. The promises we made to each other (reference to the F.R.I.E.N.D.S TITLE SONG) cannot be forgotten nor can Pallavi's uncouth and highly suspicious behavior force us to turn away from her when she needed us the most. Our only objective now was bringing her back to her old self and I had the perfect plan up my sleeves...................

"MISSION SAVE PALLAVI IS SO ON" was my final call............."AND YOU KNOW WHERE TO START FROM"......................Riddhi and I gave each other that meaningful glance which soldiers exchange before entering the BATTLE FIELD.

RIDDHI'S POV

Question at this hour: "Can a simple accident change a person's character completely overnight?"

I guess "NO".

THEN what the hell was going on with my "Pallo"? (my Punjabi nickname to her)

Why was she acting so against her personality?

What was she HIDING?

And why was she cutting us off?

She spends more time in her "gloomy" room (which was once bright like her) nowadays, guarding herself with that fake barricade created out of those files she carries home everyday from office to work on the entire night (Huh! such lies). She was lying to us about being busy with work to reduce her load and she was now ignoring her daily conversations and hangouts with us even (she is such a pathetic lair I tell you.......................like if she gets out and comes face to face with us, we might caught her red-handed for a crime her committed secretly. Like Seriously! Pallo, how dumbo are you?????) 

We needed answers and knew the perfect place where it could be found (Evil me laughs..................its for the good of my rolly-polly morning daisy only).

We proceeded according to the plan. As soon as she left for work, Soo Mi gave me the "thumps up" (meaning the coast is clear). I took the spare key to her room (for which we had to plead in front of the landlord with a stupid excuse like her washroom taps were not working, she had problem this morning, we didn't want her to be worried so we decided to fix it up to surprise her. He is such a tough old guy that he let us have it and promised that he won't say a word about it to her only after "I" agreed to be a plumber for him when he needs...............What a J#@k ******Phew*****) and went inside to complete the first task of the MISSION...........

STEP-1: COLLECTING EVIDENCE AGAINST THE CRIMINAL.

Everything was in its place, the room looked tidy. I checked her dressing table drawers first, then the writing desk, the floor and every corner, underneath the carpet and finally the washroom when something in the dustbin grasped my detective instincts (Bravo...............Riddhi..............Bravo). An emptied medicine bottle? (what was this for?.................. I didn't knew she was on any new special meds................the only ones she had were the painkillers prescribed by the doctor after the accident....................which were with Soo Mi)

I needed to check her prescription. I opened the locked cupboard (EXPECTED...........................but I have the keys too............................which she hides under her bed mattress...........................her SECRET HIDING SPOT............................FIND A BETTER PLACE FOR NEXT TIME even a five year old knows where to hide their things...................A word of advice..............*****smiles******) and scrutinized every shelf carefully to lastly discover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter