Some Dreams Questions Your Very Existence- "WHO AM I?"

It All Began When My Eyes Met Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The voice keeps calling

A name strange to my hears

The debris of past slowly fades away

And I find him a step near

But the demons of night crawls in

Creating a barrier between

I will fight them this time

I will not be afraid again

For the pain to ease off that remain in my heart

To be with you for a new start".

It was 6:30 a.m. I opened my eyes to find myself in my bed, shivering under the warmth of my cozy duvet from the after effects of the DREAM. (or was it REAL?). 

I am Pallavi Mondal. Bengali. Age 26. Virgo, Extremely Foodie, Complete OCD, Great Cook (according to ME) and lazy as hell (only for the exercises, I hate them). At present I am working as a Business Development Manager in a renowned company located here in South Korea for about two years now (I am still adjusting to all THIS NEW CHANGES IN MY LIFE). Being the only daughter in my family (I only have a small brother), my parents have always treated me like a princess (Literally). They were against my coming to an absolutely different country and earning a living here when all this was possible staying back with them. But the love I had for Korea since my childhood days was enough for me to convince my parents to trust my decision. My parents are the best in the world, I love you both. (I was in class eight when I started watching "Jewel in the Palace" drama which gave me a motivation to live HERE someday.)

I live with my two roommates Lee Soo Mi (수미 ) and Riddhi Sharma (Punjabi) in a rented apartment here is Seoul. In these two years we three have become family and until we share our entire day's details with each other, we will not be able to rest with peace (which also includes sleepless nights' gossips sometimes accompanied with late night treat courtesy Riddhi).

Lee Soo Mi is staying here to pursue her degree in foreign languages and works as a part-timer in a departmental store. She is the Mother Hen (in a caring way) when it comes to taking care of two lost poor souls. She is the reason behind our easy going lifestyle as the language is the major issue (in two years I have only managed being fluent with the basics, SHAME SHAME). Her family stays in Cheongyang County and runs the family business of cultivating Gugi-cha (goji tea is a traditional Korean Tea made from dried goji berries or leaves, considered for its unique taste and flavour). But her main priority is to complete her degree and then start working as a Teacher, educating people from all over the world about her traditions and culture and learning from them as well. Her parents had forced her many a times to give up her dreams and join in her family business. (along with her elder brother - the family's heir and apple of her parents' eyes) " The task is not an easy one, there are hardships, but I will make it till the end come what may" - is her motivational tagline that keeps her going. I secretly salute her undying spirit and determination which I believed she inherited from her father, whom South Korea and the world knows as one of the leading producer of the renowned "Cheongyang's Pride" Herbal Tea. (Jeez, I didn't knew I made a Millionaire friend, but I hope one day her parents will support and encourage her dreams- please GOD)

Riddhi Sharma works as trainee in a fashion magazine. Like me she also left h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter