Kitten under the bushes

Seven too many

Closing the door after me I let out a deep sigh. The time it took just to get out from the apartment was long enough for me too almost give up going out. The clock was turning closer to eight and I have school tomorow which reminds me of homework. Yeah, just gonna deal with that when coming to school tomorrow.

I walk to the elevator, thinking about what to get from the market. Pushing the down button and waiting. Within seconds the doors open and I step inside pressing the green button for the first floor. Maybe noodles and some snacks.

A large smile was found on my face. "Yeah, that sounds nice." I said too myself before the doors open once again, letting me out.

With a plan in my mind I take confident strides towards the exit, not forget to say hello to the guard standing there, and make my way towards the market.

While walking down the road I couldn't help but think about how quite it was. I live on one the more busier streets so this was surely weird but shaking that feeling away I kept going forward. As I was getting closer to the park I thought of just walking through there as it would save me probably 10 minutes and those minutes could be used for better things.

Taking a step into the dark park, still smiling and thinking about the noodles, I heard a quite, and I mean so quite that I couldn't almost hear it sound. Being the curious little that I am, i decided to go closer and have a look at what was making that sound. Getting closer to some bushes the sound was intensifying and I was starting to think that what if it was a monster and the minute I was close enough it would jump me?

Having second thoughts I took a small step back when a small whimper made me stop. Getting on my knees I looked under the bushes and a pair of yellow eyes was staring right back at me. Getting closer on my knees i reached out my hand only too just as fast retreat my hand with three new slightly bleeding scratches. Taking a deep breath the th time that day I once again got even closer than before and reached out my hand.

"Come on out. I wont hurt you, I promise." That thing under the bushes was now squinting with their eyes. "That is no way too look at me. I'm just trying to help you. So come out and I could give you some food once we get home to me. Okay?" Still with my hand out I was waiting for it to come out. I gave out a deep frustrated sight and slammed my head down on the ground.

After a while I could feel something on my fingers. I peeked up from the ground and saw a small kitten sniffing my hand. Laying completely still I started to take it's from in. A Persian kitten was sniffing my hand. A Persian, wait what? It was so dirty and when slightly lifting my hand from the ground so it was over the kittens head I saw it limp backwards.

Starting to panic that the kitten would run under the bushes again I started too lay down my hand again. Hoping for it to come closer again. It was obviously hurt and needed someone too take care of it.

"Hey buddy, let me take a look at that leg of yours hmm?" As if it came to a conclusion that I indeed was no danger the kitten slowly took some steps towards me. When it was close enough I lifted it up and held the kitten against my chest. Carefully I scratched it's head and could hear some small purr.

"Lets get you home feed you. And maybe a bath" the last part I said more quietly too myself. Hoping that this kitten would have no problem with water, well we just have to see. Standing up on my feets and turned around and started to walk back the way I just came from. Totally forgetting about the food I was going to get.

I was probably just away for fifteen minutes and the guard was giving me a suspicious look. Well who wouldn't? I was hidding a kitten under my jacket. Giving him a shaking smile I made a beeline for the elevator. Pressing on the up button more than necessary while glancing behind me. Right in time the doors open when the guard started to walk towards me. Getting in and pressing the 12 floor and then just as fast clicking away at the close the door button. Not daring too look back. And when I could feel it going upwards I almost sank down to the floor.

Sprinting out from the small space and towards my apartment door I quickly pressed in the code and opened the door before slamming it close behind me. Deja vu much? I looked though the peep hole to see if the guard had followed me up but no he didn't. In the middle of taking of my shoes I just remembered why I had walked away from home just twenty minutes ago and dread filled me.

"Look who decided too come back. You are in so much trouble young lady."