Truth and Hurt

Love works like Magic (Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter


Woohyun's eyes widen, his pupils shrinking and his jaws drop open. The fact that he scurries backwards and almost fall on his if not for Sunggyu holding his arms should suffice to show that he's shocked for life. He tries to make a sound but only a whimper manage to come out his voice box.

      “I told you not to freak out.” Sunggyu softly says, as he pulls Woohyun and helps him to sit properly on the bed. They are facing each other but Woohyun's eyes droop down to the bed's cover to avoid seeing Sunggyu’s.

      Silence engulfs them. Sunggyu has somewhat seen this coming, he shouldn't have break the news that way. He shakes his head a bit, maybe he needs to fix his habit of doing thing on impulse without giving much thought on his action.

      “Woohyun?”

      Woohyun starts a little, still can’t wrapped his head upon the new discovery. He lifts his head warily, Sunggyu is staring at him, studying his every action. Woohyun doesn’t know how to react. How do you take it from your roommate revealing he’s a witch and able to use with magic and could possibly curse you. (Do you act like, cool story bro and go on with living your life, or do you scream your head off and throw him holy water or something?) (Wait, that’s to deal with vampire right? No?)

      “I’m sorry I startled you.”

      “Y-yeah.” Comes a shaky reply from him.

      Sunggyu is a freaking witch.

      “Are you okay?” Sunggyu asks, his eyes narrowing, he has the worried looks on.

      Woohyun nods again. “Yes I’m fine.”

      A freaking real witch!

      “Are you sure? You don’t look good.”

      Woohyun has been feeling a heartburn for a couple minutes now but maybe it’s just nervousness that has been eating him.

      “Yea- I’m fine. Just continue?” He tilts his head in question, unsure where they left it.

      “Okay then,” Sunggyu concurs. He tries not to frighten Woohyun too much, keeping his explanation at bay. He tells him about the accident, and the healing spells he conjured to treat Woohyun last night, leaving the important bit of how he did it.

      Woohyun stays mum the entire explanation, only chiming here and there, gasping ‘no’ or ‘what’ throughout Sunggyu’s explanation. It’s so hard for him to accept everything Sunggyu has just told him. This feels more like Sunggyu is telling him a folklore or story from the internet. It’s hard to fathom that this story is… of him.

      “And that brings us right at this moment.”

      Woohyun opens his mouth to ask Sunggyu, “So umm- you are telling me I’m completely fine now?” His brows softens, melting into relief, “I won’t die right?”

      Hopefully, is what he meant to tell him.

      “Yes.” He says instead.

      Sunggyu heaves a breath, to compose himself a bit, he doesn’t want to admit to Woohyun but he has this uneasiness left in him. The healing process they’ve undergone is clearly a success, but it doesn’t feel… complete? Is that possible?

      “Okay.” Woohyun says, trying to process what he has just learned. It’s hard to take all this in one sitting. It feels even surreal that last night he allegedly was supposed to… die. “I don’t remember about the accident though. I mean, what caused it?”

      Sunggyu stops breathing briefly. He averts his eyes aside in guilt.

      “Yesterday, I was tired, and you were– I accidentally cursed a spell on you. I casted a counter spell afterwards, but it was too late. You were already hit then. I didn't mean to get you hurt. I'm so sorry.”

      “W-what did you do to me?” Woohyun's voice is filled with shock and sad tone. “Sunggyu, look at me and tell me what happened!”

      Sunggyu feels a pang strike his heart, and he looks up immediately. Woohyun looks like he’s betr

Please log in to read the full chapter