Chapter 3

Twilight - The Blood Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clouds was vague and murky, the cold dark forest echoed the sound of the lonesome leaves scratching and scraping one another.

Bran’s hands loosened up and the stag in his confine jumped to its highest level and vanished behind the dense trees.

He took a deep breath and turned back towards his Brood.

“Human blood”, Jerry muttered letting go the gazelle and wiping the blood from his lips.

 “Where is Sophie?” Bran’s sharp gaze scanned around, “How much time should I warn her not to go far away”, he hissed and screamed in his mind, “Sophie where are you?”.

Bran waited for few seconds but there was no reply, ”Sophie where are you?"

 “Why is she not replying?, Jerry…try calling her”.

Jerry closed his eyes taking a deep breath, “Rene, Where are you?”

“Jerry…”  He sighed in relief hearing Sophie’s voice in his mind.

“Where are you? How much time….”

“Jerry someone is hurt, It’s...It’s like another attack,  come here soon.”

“We will be there”. He replied her and looked at Bran, Rachel and Kevin signaling them to move. All the four began to run piercing the strong wind with their occult speed.

Their inhuman speedy run stopped before Sophie and a young man lying on the ground.

Bran went near him, he bent and turned the head of the man, there were multiple bite marks in his neck and blood were oozing out from it.

“He is Neo, he graduated last year, I saw him today in our campus”, Bran closed his eyes and felt Neo’s blood rushing to his heart slowly, ” he is still alive but so weak to wake up, he turned towards Rachel “Come here,  It’s your turn now.”

Hearing Bran, Rachel face reflected fear, she tightened her grip on Kevin’s hand and stepped backwards.

Kevin placed his hand on her’s and assured her with a smile and they walked towards bran.

As they walked closer the scent of the blood draining from Neo’s neck made Rachel lose her control, her eyes started turning red and her fangs slowly popped out. She pushed Kevin and jumped forward with a incredible force. But, before she harm Neo, Bran and Jerry caught her and caged her in their arms.

Kevin ran to them and took Bran’s place, Rachel was struggling trying to escape from their strong hold, her thirst of  human blood increased making her to behave more fiercely.

Bran lifted Neo in his arms,” Sophie follow me, and you two take Rachel  home safely, don’t let her escape and  be careful”, Bran warned Jerry and Kevin before running and followed by Sophie.

Jerry helped Kevin to place the struggling Rachel on his back, Kevin was strongly holding Rachel’s arm, were Jerry was holding her head carefully preventing her from biting Kevin.

They both placed their foot sturdily on the ground and made a jump vanishing in-between the crest of the tall trees.

“Haze his name is Vicki Knight Wood, isn’t his name is awesome, so like him. Aww… you know he’s the handsomest guy in my class, you always say that you don’t believe in love at first sight, but mark my words you’ll change your decision because your sister fallen in love at first sight”, as expected shielyn was nonstop talking about her first day in college and about the guy Vicki.

“Shie, you been repeating this for the nth time, you are not even allowing me to taste the delicious food cooked by Jermy.”

“Oh..Shie leave my little sister to eat in peace..will you?”, Jermy joined me teasing her which our favorite hobby.

“Oh..you two joined hands…ahha…I have a better topic to talk “ she turned to me and mouthed,” shall we talk about your  visions? “

My eye’s instantly grew wide hearing her, I threw a fierce glare and mouthed back, “Stop it or I’m gonna kill you.”

“ahmm…I guess I miss something ?”, Jermy asked looking at us curiously.

“Of course not, you know everything about us, she’s just teasing me, don’t mind her and..ahmm…I’m full, thank you for the delicious pasta big brother,  tomorrow I have classes early so I’m  going to bed, Goodnight”,  I hurriedly took my plate and placed it in the sink before walking to my room.

I hope Jermy wouldn’t have suspected anything. It isn’t new to him,  we always tease one another but I’m scared, I and shie decided to talk about my dreams to Jermy but will he believe me? Even if he believes me will he allow me to stay here to untie the mystery?  He’s always protective over me and it grew more after mom and dad left us.

That day how I wish it never happened, It changed everyone’s life mine, Jermy and even Shielyn’s. I’m here, trying to solve that mystery of my dream is because of that day, the day I want to erase forever from my memory but I will be never able to do.

In a blink of second everything changed from bliss to misery, peace to distress, family to lonely. Like the dark clouds which always make the sky cry, life flips everything upside down pushing us inside an everlasting darkness and leave us in endless tears.

Bran placed Neo on a sod, the University campus was very sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter