Set Me Free

Set Me Free

Chapter 5 

 

Half an hour later, Yoona left to go next door to her room to get ready for dinner, leaving Changwook alone with his thoughts. 

 

Thoughts that he had intentionally avoided while Yoona had been presented. 

 

With every moment Changwook spent with her, he learns more about her and came to respect and care for her all the more. 

 

Changwook had never met anyone like her. He had never in his life met a woman who was so strong, so bullheaded, yet was so vulnerable and defenseless all at the same time. Yoona had an inner strength that sometimes made him think that she should be seven feet tall even though in reality, the top of her head barely reached his chin. 

 

Changwook wanted to shield her from all the evils of the world, to lock her away and do whatever it took to make her happy but at the same time, he knew for certain that she would never allow that to happen. In fact, even though she was smaller in size than him, Changwook didn't doubt that Yoona would find a way to make him very sorry for even thinking it. 

 

What was his dad's quote from Abraham Lincoln when he had been young? A woman is the only thing I fear that I know won't hurt me? 

 

Well, that was Yoona in a nutshell. Physically, Yoona didn't have much of a chance against him or any other man but Changwook had no doubt at all that Yoona could still hurt him all the same. She was cunning, clever and in a certain respect, fearless. 

 

Changwook gave a little smile at the thought. Sejoon had been right about one thing; when Yoona wanted to cause trouble, she was a diabolical genius. 

 

Just look at how he had come to be at her dad's estate. Yoona had planned her escape very carefully but she had been very clever in choosing what to do with her few hours of freedom. Instead of trying to escape her dad's wide reach, she had instead gone to those who could help her and had handed them on a silver platter a way to get a man on the inside. 

 

Changwook hadn't been there that night when Yoona had walked straight into the FBI but he had watched the tape over and over. Yoona had had nothing with her but her plan, nothing on paper that could be traced back to her. She had gone to the FBI and except for the one tape that Changwook's superior kept under lock and there was no actual evidence that Yoona had ever gone to the FBI. Even the footage from the security cameras from that night had been permanently deleted, a rebooting of the system was the official cover story for that, in cases, there were corrupt agents on Sejoon's payroll which sadly wasn't impossible. 

 

In fact, with Sejoon's resources and wealth, it was likely that he had agents from multiple agencies secretly on his payroll. 

 

That was one of the many things Changwook was here to find out. With Yoona's help. 

 

When Changwook had first watched the interview tape, Yoona had only been an image on the screen but there had been something about her that had drawn him to her in such a way that he had agreed to take the assignment without even knowing all the finer details which had been a first for him. 

 

Changwook could still hear her voice from the tape, giving specific and detailed instructions to hard-season and experience FBI agents like she was their superior. 

 

'You will have only a few weeks to put your agent in place as he will need to already be established as a new regular at the coffee shop by the time I'm let out again, so not to draw suspicion and the means of identification must be subtle otherwise once my dad starts investigating him, something as strange as a man coming in daily with roses is going to stick out. You need to be smart about that. Also, your agent will need to be up to the task of not only fooling my dad but his small army of private security. He must be able to act and be confident in his pursuit of me without being sleazy or a player because my dad will see straight through that and under no circumstances is the agent to be married or even in a long-term relationship, I absolutely refuse to do all this only to wreck a couple's life. Am I clear on that?

 

The look Yoona had given the off-screen agent had been priceless. Changwook had actually laugh out loud the first time he had seen Yoona giving the agents interviewing her a hard time. The two season agents in the room hadn't known how to handle her. 

 

Yoona had reduced them to compliant 'yes ma'ma' idiots who hadn't even dare to object to any of her demands. It hadn't been until his female boss had joined the interview about halfway through that any objections had been raised but even Changwook's boss had been more than smart enough to realize what Yoona was handing them. Yoona didn't know it but not once had they come close to bringing this particular organize crime boss down. The man was smart, cunning, had the best lawyer at his disposal and didn't hesitate to dispose of any and everyone who got in his way. 

 

'Once your agent is inside, he must be willing to play the part of my boyfriend. Now, I'm willing to go as far as he is but under no circumstances can he get me pregnant because once I am then the agent will be disposable and make no mistake, my dad will mess with any and all birth control so best the agent comes discretely prepare, no pun intended, in cases we have to take the cover that far. He must also be patient. He will be watched so he must be willing to be in this for the long term. It could take a year before my dad lowers his guard enough for your agent to do some snooping. Oh, and your agent must also understand very clearly that if he is found out, there will be little I can do to get him out. Have no doubt about this, my dad will kill the agent if he is found out.' And then, Yoona had moved onto an important side-note of her plan, the one thing that even Yoona had known the FBI would have the biggest problem with as it was against all protocols and procedures. 

 

'One more thing and this isn't negotiable. If you want to pull this off then this is a must. Once the agent is undercover, there will be absolutely no contact with anything FBI affiliated. This means no contact with any agents or anyone agency connected and under no circumstances can there be any surveillance. The agent needs to go in totally alone. That means no check-ins, no periods of time that your agent can't account for, no mysterious disappearances or behavior. Your agent doesn't have to act his part, he has to be his part. Live, breath and think it. That is the only way this is going to work. My dad is too clever, too organized for anything else. It will be a small miracle if my dad doesn't find out that I have been here, to begin with.

 

It had taken a little while but eventually, everyone had agreed so long as the agent was willing to go in under those conditions and after watching the tape and realizing that he finally had his chance to bring down the man who had murder both his parents, Changwook hadn't hesitated. He had volunteer, adamantly insisting that they get everything into place as soon as possible and so, Changwook had gone undercover before he had first made contact with Yoona and now that he was in, now that he not only knew the incredible young woman from the tape but genuinely care for her, Changwook was determined to follow Yoona's instructions to the best of his ability. 

 

Even knowing that there would most likely come a time when he had be forced to blatantly disregard them. Especially after he had seen just how organize Yoona's dad was. For crying out loud, the man could put the FBI to shame. Just look at what Im Sejoon had managed to get accomplished in less than one day. 

 

Changwook had been hired in the morning and by nightfall, Changwook had been move into the man's highly secure three-story no-expense-spare luxurious mansion located on twelve hectares of prime real estate, with all of his belongings in storage, his apartment empty and vacated and had been supplied with almost all of his promise perks and on top of that, Changwook had been handed everything he could possibly need to do his job. He had even had to sign a form stating that he had been given everything promise. 

 

No wonder the man had kept so well out of the reach of the law, even the FBI. He left no detail, no matter how small, to chance. 

 

It was a wonder that Yoona had even managed to slip away from her dad and his goons, not just once but twice. 

 

No doubt Yoona had been right when she had said that the only reason she had be able to get an agent in was because her dad's sick obsession was causing him to make mistakes. 

 

It also proves one other thing; that her dad was getting close to the end of his patience. If he hadn't been then Sejoon most likely would have dealt with Yoona's outside boyfriend in a completely different manner and unfortunately, even though Yoona's dad was blindsided where Changwook and his daughter were concerned, there were still others under his employ that suffer from no such affliction. 

 

Kai. 

 

The man with the white hair. 

 

Something was going to have to be done about Kai. The man could not only cause serious trouble for him but now that Changwook knew that Kai had laid hands on Yoona, there was no getting around it. 

 

Not that Changwook would have left Kai alone even if he had had the option. Kai was a threat to Yoona and so, he had to be dealt with. No doubt about it, if the time ever came that Sejoon decided to force Yoona to give him a grandchild, it would be Kai who had volunteered to do the dirty work and no way in hell was that ever going to happen. Changwook would rather die before he had let anyone, Kai especially, lay a hand on Yoona. 

 

Changwook drew in a deep breath. He had his hands full at the moment without borrowing trouble. He was trapped in the middle of the enemies camp. He had to do everything he could possibly do to keep his cover intact which include being Yoona's boyfriend, bodyguard, and jailer while at the same time, he had to subtly collect evidence against Sejoon while simultaneously keeping an eye on Kai to assure that he stay away from Yoona. Changwook rubs his hands over his face and shook his head, trying to clear his mind and then headed for his bathroom. He had to shower and shave before what was no doubt going to be one of the most interesting dinners of his life. 

 

Yoona had shower and dress with more care than she had shown in over two years. 

 

Normally, when forced to dine with her dad, Yoona wore whatever she thought her dad would disapprove of most, childish and immature? Yes, definitely. Her dad always insisted that she dress appropriately for dinner so Yoona had made a point of always turning up in her most casual, most scruffy clothes. Old jeans with baggy scruffy shirts, her swimwear that she had worn while spending the entire day outside the pool or her work-out clothes. Once Yoona had even worn her oldest pair of heather gray knit pajamas to dinner, complete with her Liz Claiborne clog slippers. Her dad had really disapproved of that. 

 

It was childish but to Yoona, it was a small victory, a small freedom that was still hers. Her dad rarely force her to dress the way he wanted, the only time when her dad gave her no option as to what she wore was when attending one of her dad's matchmaking events but hopefully, now that there was a man in her life that she was showing interests in those wretched boring functions would all be in the past but tonight, Yoona decided that she was going to behave. She was feeling cheerier than usual and so, she would dress up a little for dinner. After all, her dad had played right into her hands in welcoming Changwook into the house, so for once, she would be presentable for dinner, just as he wishes of her. 

 

It had nothing to do with catching Changwook's appreciative eye and maybe if Yoona told herself that a couple hundred more times she had come to believe it. 

 

Yoona had no shortage of nice expensive clothes to choose from. Between what she had purchased for the sole purpose of spending as much of her dad's ill-gotten money as she could and her dad gifting her with what he or his secretary consider lovely clothes, her walk-in closet was full of gorgeous clothes. From flawless shiny silks and satins to glittery puffy lace to chiffon to flawless fine cotton. 

 

As if she could be brought with dresses that look like they belong nowhere other than a catwalk in Milan or Paris. 

 

Tonight, Yoona had chosen a black space spot Lola skirt. 

 

To go with it, Yoona chose a chalky rose Ella silk blouse. On her feet, she slips on a pair of navy and black spot Lisbeth pumps. 

 

Yoona stood in front of the mirror that took up the entire back wall of her walk-in closet and considers her hair. She wanted to do something special with it. She had always loved her hair; it was one of her most prominent and memorable features and she wanted to show her hair off tonight. 

 

Inspiration dawn and eight minutes later, Yoona was back, standing in front of her mirror with a pleased smile on her face, admiring her work. She had plaited her long hair loosely, entwining long rose ribbons through it and to complete the look, she had left a few curled tendrils of hair free to frame her face. 

 

Yoona even went as far as to smear some glossy red lipstick on her lips, apply a little black mascara and fragrance herself with her favorite L'Eau d'Issey scented perfume. 

 

She looks amazing if Yoona did say so herself. Elegant but simple. 

 

Maybe she was a little overdressed for a simple dinner but Yoona really didn't care. She felt better than she had in a long time, the time she had spent trap in her dad's care already felt like a lifetime. She wasn't happy exactly but it was close. Excited? 

 

Definitely. 

 

What would Changwook think when he saw her? Would he like her outfit? 

 

Checking her appearance one more time in the full-length mirror, Yoona left her bedroom, closing the door behind her and locking it as she always did. She then slips the key into the side pocket of her skirt. Her dad could get into her room if he wishes as he had a master key that opens every door in the house but her dad wasn't the reason she always locks her bedroom door. 

 

The real reason was waiting for her outside her bedroom door as if she needed more justification to always keep her bedroom door lock whether she was out or not. 

 

"My, my, my. Don't you look ravishing?" 

 

Yoona froze at the sound of the familiar sleazy voice that made her shudder in revulsion. He was behind her and he was close. She could just feel his body heat, he was standing that close. 

 

Yoona instantly whirls around to face him and took a retreating step back away from him. She had learned months ago to always keep him in sight when he was close and to always keep out of his reach as Kai was quick and he didn't hesitate to turn a situation to his advantage, especially one in which they were alone. 

 

"I could just eat you up." Kai purr, with approval from where he was leaning against the wall, effectively putting himself between her and the stairs, her only real means of a fast escape. 

 

Yoona's eyes flicker pass Kai to the next door down the hall. Was Changwook still in his room? Would he hear her if she scream or was he in the shower or already down at dinner? 

 

Changwook wouldn't go down to dinner without her, would he? 

 

Yoona straightens her spine, control her expression and move backward, simultaneously moving even further away from Kai and the wall so he couldn't trap her against it. 

 

Kai was the sadistic lion playing with his prey, even though Yoona would never admit just how defenseless she was against him. She was stubborn but she wasn't foolhardy; she knew that she had little chance against Kai physically but that would never stop her from fighting him if things turn violent. 

 

Yoona hadn't thought it possible but she actually hated Kai more than she hated her dad. At least, her dad had shown some tiny semblance of consideration for her, even if it was because of how much he had once loved her mom. Her dad had no real love for her; he didn't know her and had made no attempt at all to change that. She was Yoojin's daughter to him and that was why he shows what little restraint he had with her when it came to getting what he wanted from her with a single-minded obsession. 

 

"What do you want, Kai?!" Yoona demanded coldly, refusing to show him an ounce of fear; it would only provoke and excited him more, "Or do you have nothing better to do than loitering around my room?!" 

 

Kai laughs at her and pushes himself off of the wall, "You know what I want." He looks her up and down suggestively as if he had every right to do so, making what he wanted very clear. 

 

Yoona felt the bottom drop out of her stomach and it was all she could do to keep from gagging. She would rather die than endure what Kai wanted to do to her. 

 

Fortunately, unlike before, Yoona finally had a real defense against the ist bastard. A taunting grin spread across her face and she put her hands on her hips, her demeanor one of feminine defiance. 

 

"Careful now, you don't want to upset my new bodyguard. He really gets upset when I get upset." 

 

She was riling him and Yoona knew it. It was y and unnecessary but Yoona couldn't help herself. Kai had been the bane of her existence ever since her dad had found her. He had murdered her dear friend and made a widow of her best friend; Yoona hated Kai. More than her dad. More than anyone else in the world and if her plan succeeded, Kai would be arrested and imprisoned with her dad. The both of them would pay for their crimes. Yoona was going to see to it, with Changwook's help. 

 

At her taunting words, dangerous rage flash in Kai's chestnut brown eyes and Yoona had to fight against the instinctive urge to step back from him. Kai would punish her for her impertinence if he thought for a moment that he could get away with it and yesterday, he most likely would have believed that he could do just that but today, things were different; Changwook's admittance into her dad's house had changed everything. 

 

Now, there was someone in her dad's employ that really care about her wellbeing, her dad only cares about her health because it was a must in order to get the grandson he wanted with a twisted obsession, whose only job was to keep her safe. Changwook was protective of her and he wasn't afraid of Kai and Kai knew it. 

 

Oh, Yoona had no doubt that Kai overestimated his abilities and underestimated Changwook's abilities but still, there was a hesitation in Kai that hadn't been there before, otherwise, he would have physically struck her by now, "You think he can protect you?!" Kai snarl viciously, and without warning, his hand shot out and grasp hold of her forearm in a painfully tight grip. His cruel fingers were going to leave bruises on her skin and this wouldn't be the first time he had marked her skin. 

 

Kai pulls her forward, closer to him and Yoona release a startled pain cry. 

 

"I will end him before I let him stand in the way of what's rightfully mine!" Kai snarl darkly, spittle flying into her face. 

 

Yoona's eyes narrow defiantly despite her feeling of utter disgusts. She knew exactly what Kai thought was rightfully his but she had died before she let it happen. 

 

Yoona didn't consider herself a mean or vindictive woman but she hated Kai so much she could barely stand it. She wanted to hurt Kai the way he hurtled her every day, she wanted him to feel a semblance of the pain she carried, the pain of loss and the intolerable weight of her guilt. 

 

"Rightfully yours?!" Yoona hisses back at him, glaring up at him with all the defiance and fury she possesses, "Don't you think if my dad wishes it then he would have allowed it by now?! There's a reason why my dad hasn't just given you a free pass! My dad uses you to help with his illegal dealings and to keep the other goons in line but he knows you aren't fit to father his grandchild! He doesn't want you soiling his bloodline! That's why it will never be you! You don't think Changwook is a threat but Changwook has something that you will never have! Something that my dad values!" 

 

Kai's hold on her forearm tightens maliciously until Yoona cried out in pain. His chestnut brown eyes were filled with rage, his nostrils flaring like those of a crazed bull. His face right now was the face of cruelty in its truest form and even though Yoona refuse to let him see it, it terrified her. 

 

"You are stupider than I thought if you believe for a moment that your dad doesn't value me! Just what do you think it is that your precious fool has that I don't?!" 

 

Yoona couldn't help herself. Even in the face of such sadistic rage, Yoona couldn't help sounding smug and more than a little taunting. She had to do something to distract him or else, he would realize just how frightened of him she really was. If he realizes then she had be in serious danger. 

 

"My dad likes him. Face it, Kai, if somehow my dad does convince me to give him a grandson, the father will be Changwook, not just by my choice but by dear daddy's as well and what do you think he will grant Changwook for giving him what he wants so badly?" 

 

Yoona was poking a grizzly bear and she knew it but that little voice of common senses, that sounded eerily like her mom, had gone bye-bye, at least for the time being. 

 

Kai snarl furiously at her. Without warning, he releases his hold on her forearm and shoves her back. 

 

Yoona stumbles a half step back before her back hit the wall and she releases a startled gasp. She hadn't hit hard enough to push the air from her lungs or even hurt but she had been caught unaware; she hadn't expected Kai to shove her. 

 

"You had better watch it, little princess!" Kai snarl, with barely contain violent rage, "Your dad won't always be here to keep you safe and sound, one day real soon, you will be mine and I assure you, you will learn your place!" 

 

Terror surge through Yoona but she fought to keep it off her face. She wasn't going to show Kai fear. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. She wanted to tell him where to go, to scream at him that she had died before she let him lay a finger on her but movements from behind Kai caught Yoona's attention. 

 

Yoona caught herself before she reacted, just in the nick of time. 

 

Before Kai realize that something had momentarily distracted her, Yoona turns her attention back to Kai, only this time, she was completely unafraid. It was a little extraordinary that she felt so safe when Changwook was there, so completely and utterly protected, like nothing bad would ever happen to her as long as he was there. She trusted him. Completely. Maybe she shouldn't but Yoona couldn't deny the truth of it. 

 

Which was why Yoona knew that it was going to be Kai who gets hurt next. Kai wanted her to learn her place. Well, it seems like Kai was going to learn his place first and Yoona doubted that it was going to be where Kai believe it was. 

 

It was all Yoona could do to keep the self-satisfied Cherisher cat grin off of her face. 

 

Yoona waited with smug anticipation as Kai continue to ramble on about how she and everything he deserves was going to be all his, seemingly unaware of her divided focus. Kai was so furious that he wasn't really seeing her anymore which was alright with Yoona because she wasn't listening to him anymore anyway. His words were nothing more than a droning irritating sound that was falling on deaf ear and before her anticipating gleeful eyes, Changwook launch into action. Yoona watch as Changwook slaps his hand down on Kai's shoulder while his other grasp hold of Kai's right hand and twisted it up behind his back, causing Kai to cry out sharply in pain and surprise. 

 

Changwook then hurls Kai to the right and slam him face first into the wall directly beside her and pin him there even as Kai struggle against him but with his arm twisted behind his back like it was, his struggles were futile. He was pin. 

 

Changwook had Kai completely subdue and he had done it swiftly and efficiently. 

 

Deep down, Yoona's inner cave-woman purr with libidinous approval. She steps away from the wall but kept her eyes on the pair, not wanting to miss a single moment of Kai's humiliation; after being wary of Kai for so long, it was gratifying to see him finally get a little of his own back. 

 

"I'm only going to say this once!" Changwook hiss threateningly to Kai, not loosening his hold on Kai in the slightest, "Keep your hands off of her! If I catch you anywhere near her again, I will put you down and you will stay down, is that clear?!" 

 

The sound Kai made in responses to Changwook's threat was a cross between a snarling growl and a frustrated howl. It was the sound of an enraged animal that wanted to kill its foe badly but was denied the chance. 

 

Then Changwook abruptly releases Kai and move back, out of reach but kept his body tenses, battle-ready and kept his watchful eyes glue to Kai and then Changwook waited. 

 

Kai whirl around to face Changwook, his face red and his chestnut brown eyes fill with incensed murderous fire but as the second's tick by, it became clear that Kai wasn't going to attack Changwook even though the burning desire was there, plainly written on his face. The hate was radiating off of Kai like heat from a furnace; it was the kind of hate that could very easily consume a person until it was all that there was. 

 

Kai wanted to attack Changwook, to kill him but no, Yoona realizes, Kai wouldn't attack someone as skilled as Changwook head-on. He would wait until he could catch Changwook unaware when Changwook was least expecting it and was most vulnerable like in the middle of the night when Changwook was asleep. 

 

Kai pretended to be all big and bad but at his core, he was a coward and with almost no morals to speak of, Kai was conniving and he didn't hesitate to fight dirty. 

 

With a firm and serious expression on her face, Yoona steps between the two and met Kai's furious dark glare head-on, "Go. Or my dad will hear about this." 

 

Kai glare over her head at Changwook for a moment more before he whirls and stalk away. 

 

Changwook waited for Kai to disappear from sight, down the stairs before he releases his breath and allows himself to relax. He was certain that Yoona hadn't seen it in him but he had been hoping that Kai would attack him so he had had an excuse to really hurt Kai. 

 

Changwook had stepped out into the hall to go downstairs for dinner when he had heard Yoona's voice and then he had heard Kai's voice and it was like he had been splashed with an icy bucket of water. Then he had turn to see Kai towering over Yoona who was trap between him and the wall and it had been all he had been able to do to stop himself from lunging himself at Kai and tearing him limb from limb with his bare hands. 

 

Yoona was his and Kai was threatening her. No one harm what he protected. Ever. But fortunately, Changwook's common senses and a lifetime of having to keep his cool had paid off. If he had acted rashly then he risks Yoona getting hurt so he had decided that stealth would serve him better in this situation. It had been while silently moving in on Kai that he had become aware of their words and he had wanted to shake his head in exasperation. 

 

Yoona had not only been goading Kai, she had practically been challenging him. Honestly, sometimes the woman seems to have far more guts than she did common senses. 

 

Changwook turns and looks down at Yoona to see a very smug look on her beautiful face. How could she look so smug but so beautifully innocent all at the same time? 

 

If more women were like Yoona then the male as a whole would be well and truly screw. 

 

"Have you always goaded him like that?" Changwook ask her bluntly, "Or was that just for my benefit?" 

 

Yoona shrug then gave him one of those feminine looks that said that she could see straight through him, "You can't tell me that you weren't just waiting for a chance to hit him." 

 

True but Changwook wasn't going to tell her that. Knowing Yoona, she would most likely do whatever she could to present him with another chance before the day was out and he didn't need Yoona goading Kai anymore than was necessary, "And he would have presented the opportunity soon enough without your help." 

 

Yoona shrug, a quick 'hm' escaping her close mouth and after a moment, she beams him a small Cheshire grin. 

 

Changwook resisted the urge to shudder. God help him, Yoona was a force of nature that prove both, Kai and her dad were fools for believing for even a moment that they could possibly ever control her. 

 

It wasn't until they reach the bottom of the stairs that he had allowed himself to relax, a part of him half expected Kai to jump him as he had been that furious and hate-fill, Changwook realizes that there was something different about Yoona, that she looks different. 

 

Beautiful was the word. Yoona looks downright beautiful in a delicate way. 

 

He wanted her beneath him again. He wanted to finish what they had begun on his couch after Yoona had come to his apartment in the early hours of the morning. 

 

Changwook could remember every moment clearly, could relive it with perfect detail in his mind. He could still feel her beneath him, her heated yearning body arching against him, searching for more contact. He could still feel her roaming hands on his body and feel the softness of her body beneath his hands. He could still taste her sweetly seductive taste that was far more addictive to him than anything he had ever known but surely, his memory was playing tricks on him. Yoona couldn't have tasted like sunlight and moonlight all at once, like milk, honey, heaven, and sin. 

 

Yoona alone was too much temptation for him to resists for long but knowing that he had a free pass to further their relationship, under the guise that they were falling in love... 

 

'Guise? Yeah, right.

 

Changwook told the sarcastic voice in his head to shut up. 

 

What was he going to do? How was he going to survive this plan of Yoona's? He wanted her but he wanted her for real. He wanted her to want him because she wanted him, not because she wanted to rid herself of her dad. 

 

Oh, good god. Her dad. 

 

Changwook was at this very moment half-arouse and he was merely walking beside Yoona, how did he stand a chance lasting through an entire dinner sitting beside her without embarrassing himself? 

 

Changwook didn't care to guess how bad the relationship between Yoona and her dad was, Sejoon was still her dad and he was a very dangerous man to cross. If Changwook did something stupid at Sejoon's table, such as inappropriate behavior towards his daughter then Changwook could kiss his position in the house goodbye and possibly even his life along with it. 

 

Manners and respect were important to the families. 

 

Changwook had to distract himself and fast so he blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "We are going to be eating somewhat normal food, right?" 

 

They were standing outside a large door that no doubt led to the dining room. Yoona stops short and gave him a funny look, the kind that women had been giving men since the dawn of civilization whenever they said something stupid or absurd. 

 

"Just what are you expecting?" Yoona enquired curiously, "My dad is a rich crook but he isn't the king of a small tropical island." 

 

Changwook wisely decided not to say aloud the sarcastic remark he was thinking. Instead, he raises his arm towards the door, indicating that she should precede him. 

 

Yoona roll her eyes at him and shaking her head, she allowed herself to be usher into the dining room ahead of him. 

 

Changwook drew in a deep breath, preparing himself for what was to come and doing his best to get his head back in the game. They had done it, he was in, now he had to focus entirely on being the above-reproach love-struck boyfriend Yoona's dad believe him to be rather than the harden undercover FBI agent he really was. 

 

Going undercover require a variety of special skills and abilities, including the ability to fight battles in their numerous forms, to adjust and improvise as the situation demanded it. 

 

The next battlefield Changwook had to traverse was going to take place in a dining room that was large enough to seat near one hundred even though currently, there was only one long darkly varnished pinewood dining table in the middle of the high room. Changwook estimated that the dining table could comfortably seat around thirty-five people. 

 

Above the dining table hung a grand crystal and gold chandelier lit the room very well and on the opposite side of the door they had just entered through the exterior wall was made completely of glass with an arch-design frame, revealing a stunning view of the well-maintain gardens beyond. 

 

There were three places set at the dining table, one at the head and one on either side. Im Sejoon was sitting at the head of the long wide table facing the windows. He looks up when they enter and grin with sly delight at Yoona's nicely-dress appearance. He rose to his feet as they approach, looking pleases as he no doubt believes that everything was going according to his plan. 

 

"Yoona, my dear." Sejoon guested at Yoona with both hands, drawing all attention to her, "How absolutely radiant you look. See how stunning you can be when you put a little effort into your appearance?" 

 

Sejoon had turned his back to Yoona to return to his seat so he didn't see her jaw drop open and a furious offended expression appears on her face or see her hand curl into tight fists. 

 

Before Yoona could act on the violent impulses that were clearly written across her face, Changwook intervene. He steps forward, grasps hold of her elbow and glare warningly down at her. When she raised her gaze to his face, Changwook swiftly shook his head and then he half-guided her half-drag her to her seat at her dad's left and all but drop her into it. 

 

Yoona wasn't happy at being denied her chance to do justifiable violence against her dad but she understood his unspoken meaning. 

 

Changwook had no doubt that Yoona would have punched her dad with every ounce of her strength. Changwook hadn't realized it for a long while after meeting her but Yoona had quite a temper. The woman was a spitfire and as morally wrong as it was, Changwook found that Yoona's little display of temper arouse him much more than they should have. 

 

Hell, nearly everything was arousing him lately and all because of Yoona. He couldn't even look at his bed or bathtub without picturing Yoona in them. With him. If Yoona was even standing too close to a wall, he found himself fantasizing about pushing her up against it, sliding his hand under her shirt and kissing her until she didn't know which way was up and then he had... 

 

For crying out loud. He wasn't eighteen anymore, damn it. He had to get a grip on himself or he was going to either embarrass himself beyond redemption or mess this whole thing up. 

 

Or worse, he had forget that all of this wasn't real. 

 

Across the table, Yoona was alternating between glaring daggers at him and glaring furiously at her dad as if she couldn't decide which one of them to be angrier at, her dad for his blatant insult or Changwook for preventing her from punching her dad in the nose, which would have given both, her and himself immense satisfaction. 

 

It seem like Changwook was going to have to keep a closer eye on her; Yoona had a really impressive temper that had no doubt gotten her into trouble before and would no doubt get her into trouble again. 

 

"Now, Changwook." Sejoon turns to him, unaware of how close his daughter had come to causing him physical harm, "Tell me about yourself." 

 

Changwook didn't doubt that Yoona would have hurt her dad for his insult, hell he may yet. There was something about Yoona that terrified Changwook, something her dad was oblivious, too. Yoona would get her dad back for his insult, it might not be in physical pain but Changwook had no doubt that Yoona would make her dad pay regardless. 

 

Changwook pull his attention from Yoona and turn to her dad before Sejoon realize that he had miss something, "Sir?" He asks respectfully. 

 

"Tell me about yourself. I want to hear your life's story in your own words." Sejoon told him conversationally. 

 

This Changwook was preparing for. Changwook promptly went into his cover's backstory with a fair amount of detail. He had his cover's backstory memorize and was careful to add little details here and there that weren't in any file. He added a few fabricated funny stories that if Sejoon was so inclined to look deeper into, he would find everything needed to back-up his tale. 

 

One of the key tricks to undercover work was the small details. That was one of Changwook's many special talents that made him exceptional at his job. He saw all those little details that others tended not to see and he always covers each and every bases that no one else would even think to cover. It meant more work and expense to set up his covers but his covers were flawless and had unprecedented depth. So much so that his cover had never been blown. 

 

There were very few undercover agents who could truthfully make the same boasts. 

 

"And that's all there is to it," Changwook concluded, by which time their dinner had been served and eaten. 

 

They had been served perfectly cooked French blanquette with a fresh and colorful side asparagus parmesan and dessert had been a surprisingly white chocolate raspberry cheesecake with lavender ice cream. It sounded simple but everything had been ten times better than anything Changwook had ever tasted, food wise that was. Changwook glances across the table at Yoona and was very glad that he was sitting down. 

 

Changwook forces his focus back to his appraisal of their dinner. The chicken had been tender and juicy, the asparagus parmesan had been fresh and tasty and the cheesecake and ice cream had been light, smooth, tasty and in all honesty; unbelievably delicious. 

 

The man might be a crook but he sure knew how to impress and to make the meal even better, Sejoon seem content with everything Changwook had told him which either meant that Sejoon had brought every word or he was an exceptional liar and actor as his daughter. 

 

So now was the time to do what he had to do. 

 

"Mr. Im, sir." Changwook said, his tone careful and respectful, "Since it is forecast to be such a nice day tomorrow, I would like to take Yoona out for the evening. On a date." 

 

Yoona froze with her last spoonful of lavender ice cream halfway in . Her eyes zeroed in on his as they both held their breath and waited. 

 

Sejoon looks back and forth between them thoughtfully, considering the both of them for a long moment before he looks Changwook straight in the eye. There was a discrete but dark warning in his eyes that didn't touch his expression. 

 

It was a warning intended for Changwook and Changwook alone. He was careful not to let Yoona see it, "You know well, Changwook, the danger my daughter is in just by being who she is." 

 

Across the table, Yoona snorted derisively. With Sejoon looking straight at him, Changwook was forced to ignore her. 

 

"I'm not sure that taking her from the grounds for a date would be the safest thing for her," Sejoon concluded, his tone one of a man who was considered the pros and cons of granting or denying the requests. 

 

Yoona opens , no doubt to hotly tell her dad that he was the greatest danger to her but Changwook spoke first before she could antagonize her dad and derail her own plan. 

 

"Of course, Yoona's safety should always come first, however, I do think that Yoona needs to stretch her legs so to speak." Changwook pretended to consider his words and the situation carefully for a long moment, as if he were scrambling for an argument that would convince Sejoon to agree to let them go out on a date, "But surely, if Yoona's usual bodyguards chaperone us during our dates, at a distance, of course, she would be adequately protected?" 

 

The furious look on Yoona's face told Changwook that she didn't like being talk about as if she wasn't sitting right there across the table and Yoona really didn't like that Changwook had to ask her dad for permission to take her out on a date even though she had known that it was coming, it was a necessary evil of her plan. 

 

"And of course." Changwook went on eagerly before Sejoon could give a counterargument, "I would never take her to any place that could prove a risk to her safety. I was thinking of a movie and then a walk through the food district for dinner. We will be back by ten." 

 

The silence in the room stretch on and on until Changwook was certain that Sejoon was going to refuse to let him take Yoona from the estate ever again, but after several long minutes, Sejoon nodded his head once as if coming to a decision. 

 

"Well, I suppose that Yoona has been remarkably well behaved lately, except for that little childish stunt of running off to your apartment in the middle of the night." Sejoon waves his hand through the air as if dismissing the whole episode, "But considering how much trouble she's causes me the time before that." Meaning that she hadn't tried to run or hide from him as she had on that occasion, "I don't see why not but you will have to be back on the grounds by ten pm, am I clear?" 

 

"Crystal," Changwook answer promptly, with a curt nod. 

 

Sejoon then turns to his daughter and cast a slightly softer warning glare at her, "And you young lady, you will behave yourself, am I clear?" 

 

Changwook half-expected Yoona to explode at her dad for his condescending tone and tyrannical attitude but instead, Yoona smile excitedly at her dad, almost beaming at him, "I will I promise. Thank you." 

 

Changwook's jaw nearly dropped. Instead of anger and indignation, Yoona sounded just like an overexcited teenager allow to go on her first date with a boy she really likes. 

 

The woman was diabolical and hands down the best actress on the face of the Earth. There were producers everywhere that would kill to get their hands on actresses with that kind of acting ability. 

 

Changwook had a feeling that their date was going to be the most memorable of his life but not in a good way. 

 

It was late when someone enters his study, well past midnight. Sejoon didn't even have to look up to know that it was Kai. The man was so arrogant and cocksure of himself that he practically prance around like a pompous peacock. 

 

Sejoon waited until Kai reach his desk before he raises his head from the papers spread out in front of him, his stock was trading very well which wasn't an unusual occurrence as he had a talent when it came to buying and selling on the stock market. In the beginning, the stock market had just been a cover for his more profitable and illegal cash flow but over the years, Sejoon had made real money trading and as a result had over time paid it more and more of his attention. His illegal enterprises were still far more lucrative but it was nice to have something legal on at least one set of his books. 

 

Sejoon wasn't surprised to see Kai; in fact, he had been expecting him. Kai would want to complain about the new addition to Sejoon's staff as one thing, among many, that Kai didn't handle well was competition. As well as that, no doubt Kai would once again, try to convince him to let him have free access to Yoona, whether she like it or not. 

 

Kai waited, poorly hiding his impatience. It was an unspoken rule in Sejoon's organization that the highest ranking spoke first, especially when in the house of that said person. 

 

Occasionally, Sejoon seriously consider letting Kai take Yoona as his own, especially during those times when she causes him unnecessary trouble, such as her little escape the other day but Sejoon had no doubt that Yoona would fight tooth and nail against Kai and Kai had no qualms in taking what he wanted from women by force. Yoona would be hurt. Badly. Possibly too badly to give him what he craved for. 

 

Ever since Kai had taken a more serious position under his employ, Sejoon had made it a rule that Kai was to firmly control his more sadistic impulses except when they were required of him. Kai's distasteful sadistic blood-lusts had physically and mentally broken more than one of his enemies, law officers included and had gotten him some very valuable information that had time and again, kept Sejoon in his position on top but his daughter was another matter entirely. As fiercely as Yoona fought against him, she was still his daughter and he didn't want to see her get hurt. Not only would that not get him what he wanted, Sejoon could still remember the little girl who had played around his feet all those years ago in the time before his wife had reached her limits and left him. 

 

To this day, Sejoon still loves for his wife and for the grown daughter who was still a stranger to him even after two years of them living under the same roof. He hadn't lived like a monk all these years but none of the women who had come after his wife had meant much to him. That was why he had never remarried; no woman could ever take Yoojin's place in his heart and he was missing his wife now more than ever. After the loss of their son and with their daughter now under his care, it was impossible not to miss his late wife. 

 

Yoona reminded him so much of Yoojin in so many ways. Yoojin hadn't been as difficult or willful but she had been just as stubborn only in a much quieter way than their daughter. 

 

So, for his beloved wife who had loved her children with all her being, Sejoon wouldn't force any man on Yoona as long as he had a choice. He wouldn't wait forever but he would give her some more time, especially since now there was a young man in the picture who seem to genuinely have his daughter's interests. 

 

Oh, how had things come to this? His life had been perfect, he had had the perfect life complete with a perfect son until it had all change in a moment. 

 

A stab of pain pierces his heart. If only Sangho hadn't died. Oh, how he missed his boy. How proud Sejoon had been of his only son who had strived to be his dad's son, to be a worthy son and heir but in the end, such was this life. The both of them had known it. That was why Sejoon had wanted more children but just after his wife had left him, he had had a brush with testicular cancer that had left him unable to father any more children. It had very nearly taken his life along with his ability to father another child. 

 

If he hadn't become sterile at only twenty-three years of age, none of this nonsense with his daughter would be necessary. Until the death of his unmarried son, Sejoon had been content to let his wife and daughter live their lives without any contact with him but life always seems to have other plans. 

 

Sejoon forces his thoughts away from his wife and children and turns his attention back to Kai. Only moments has passed but Kai had visibly grown that much more impatient. He was too smart to shift his weight or sigh impatiently but his impatience and a touch of anger were plain on his charismatic face. 

 

"Yes?" Sejoon reaches for his glass that was placed within easy reach just above the open folder in front of him. 

 

"I don't trust this guy." Kai state bitterly, getting straight to the point. Overconfidence was another of Kai's shortcomings, "There's something off about him, something good." 

 

Sejoon leans back in his chair, swirling his scotch in the glass he held, the ice clinking against the side. He regarded Kai for a long moment before he responded. 

 

Kai had many qualities that Sejoon didn't particularly like, he was highly impatient, conceited and at times forgot his place but the qualities that Sejoon did like, Kai had in abundance, the most impressive of which was his unparalleled instincts. Kai watches people and always knew when something wasn't their kind of right; hell, the man could spot an undercover cop or Fed a mile away. 

 

Kai was heading places in the organization. In fact, if for some reason, Sejoon never got what he wanted from his daughter then his plan B was to leave everything to Kai, although he had never let Kai know that. Kai was loyal but not near as half as his son had been, if betrayal benefited Kai more than loyalty then he wouldn't hesitate to stab him in the back. 

 

If Kai found out that he had even a slim chance of inheriting Sejoon's position and prestige then it was all but certain that one of them wouldn't live out the week. 

 

Kai was sadistic, ruthless, ambitious and often dangerously underestimated, although not half as much as Kai overestimated himself and his abilities. If Kai ever settles down and realize the value in patience and forethought he might very well succeed in uniting the underworld criminals and become the head of the families countrywide, especially if he had Sejoon's current position. 

 

That was one of the main things that kept Kai in his position of Sejoon's favor; Kai had endless potential if only he would, as the younger generations were fond of saying, get over himself. 

 

"We don't have to trust him." Sejoon told him, his tone low but authoritative, "Keep an eye on him if you need too but otherwise, leave him be. Don't antagonize him. I want him to relax, to feel comfortable. After he gives me what I want then there will be no further use for him and you can deal with him yourself as you see fit." 

 

Kai raise a thick eyebrow, visibly surprise that Sejoon had already considered that Changwook might not be who he appears to be, "And if she doesn't like that?" 

 

Sejoon looks Kai straight in the eye, "Once I have a grandson, she should become more cooperative. If not, if Yoona does continue to be a hassle, well then I will just have to give her to someone who can keep her under control now, won't I?" 

 

The grin that spread across Kai's y boy face was both, malevolent and smug, "It would be my pleasure to take her off your hands." 

 

Sejoon was sure it would be, "We will see. Whatever else she is, Yoona is still my daughter. I don't want her abuse. Whoever inherits my daughter will also have my grandchildren to raise." 

 

Kai waves his hand dismissively, wordlessly communicating that he didn't consider his concern a problem as if he believes that once he had free reign over Yoona and her children that she would fall obediently into line. 

 

Kai was careful to keep his thoughts from reflecting in his eyes or in his expression. He still didn't understand why Sejoon was still using kid gloves when it came to his insolent daughter. Why didn't Sejoon just give her to him now? If he did then Kai would assure that he had his first grandchild within a year, "Once she learns her place, there will be no need, will there?" 

 

Sejoon narrow his eyes ever so slightly, giving him a warning glare, "Don't underestimate Yoona either; she is her mom's daughter. When push comes to shove, you will be surprised just how headstrong and cunning she can be." 

 

Kai scoff offended at the thought that his boss thought for even a moment that a woman would ever get the best of him, "I can handle her." 

 

Sejoon almost laughs at the sight of Kai puffing out his chest like the proud peacock he had only minutes before compare him, too. 

 

Sejoon mentally shook his head at Kai. If only Kai had known Yoona's mom then he wouldn't be so confident in his ability to handle his daughter. Yoona was her mom's daughter but Sejoon hadn't failed to notice that there was just a little bit of himself to be found in her as well. Yoona's strength and headstrong ways came from her mom but he had seen glimpses of a clever and cunning mind in her stubborn and defiant eyes that came from him. 

 

Sejoon hadn't gotten to where he was because he was blind or stupid. Yoona was up to something and had been for a while; the biggest give away was how little trouble she had cause lately and there was no doubt in Sejoon's mind that Changwook had some part in it, whether the young man was aware of it or not. Either way, Sejoon was convinced that he was going to have to keep a closer eye on the both of them because if he didn't then there might just be a very small chance that Yoona would win their little game. 

 

Sejoon could never let that happen. He had worked too hard and sacrificed too much to get where he was and it was going to be all for nothing. He would let Yoona play her games for now as long as she didn't push him too far but when he had what he wanted, Yoona was going to have to make her choice. 

 

Submit or die. 

 

Im Sejoon looks into Kai's eyes, his own gaze hard and threatening, "Keep eyes on them both but for now, don't interfere. Judging by the way they keep looking at each other, it won't take long for him to make Yoona forget her resolve." And when she finally did, the kid gloves would come off. 

 

In the early hours of the morning, just before five am, Changwook slip out of his room, as silent as a shadow. Dress from the neck down in jet black, Changwook blended in with the deep shadows that elope the mansion. 

 

At night, after everyone had retired for the had, there was minimal lighting which meant long deep shadows were plentiful. 

 

Which was a big security gap in Changwook's opinion? At night, the interior lights were either dim or turn off entirely and with normal security cameras instead of Changwook's prefer heat-sensing cameras, it was ridiculously easy to sneak around the mansion's interior. 

 

In truth, Changwook didn't really need to sneak around. He had the perfectly legitimate excuse that he was getting to know the mansion in cases he had to move Yoona quickly and in truth, that was part of the reason why he was so determined to learn every inch of the mansion and its grounds but the main reason why Changwook was sneaking through the mansion in the middle of the night was that Changwook had to get his hands on as much evidence against Sejoon as he could. 

 

If Yoona's plan work, Changwook was going to make sure that Sejoon went away to prison for the rest of his natural born life. 

 

Only then would Yoona be safe. 

 

Without making as much as a whisper of a sound, Changwook slips into Sejoon's office and in the cover of the dark of night, he began searching. 

 

Yoona found herself easily slipping effortlessly back into her usual routine. She got up the next morning, went for her usual run around the park, after which she had a cup of coffee with something sweet at Victoria's coffee shop and then she returns to the estate where she did everything and anything she could to fill her day. 

 

Only now, there was one major change, one that made all the difference. When she had walked down to breakfast, Changwook had walked right beside her. When she had sat down at breakfast, Changwook had sat directly across from her. When she had run her usual jogging circuit around the park, Changwook had been right there with her step for step, even holding back a little to keep pace with her and when Yoona had returned to her gilded cage, Changwook had been right there to keep her company. They had talked and lightly flirted all day and even when silence had fallen between them, it had been a comfortable silence. 

 

After lunch, they had found themselves walking around the grounds and gardens. Occasionally, Yoona would point out something to Changwook, such as the pool or tennis court but mostly, they talk about everything and anything. There were a few times when there was an awkward pause or lingering silence, mainly due to that Yoona could tell Changwook anything she wanted to while Changwook was restricted to what he could say because of his cover but some truths, Changwook was free to tell. Yoona learns that the reason Changwook didn't like anything but straight coffee was due to an ex but not a serious girlfriend who had filled his coffeepot with a different flavor coffee every time she had come over. The expression on Changwook's face when he had to describe the putrid sickly-sweet raspberry and caramel abomination that she had had the nerve to call coffee had left her laughing hysterically until tears had been streaming down her face and she had been holding her midsection as she had fought to breathe through her fits of hysterical laughter. 

 

Under his breath, Changwook had mumble that it wasn't that funny, that his apartment had smelled like that wretched fairy brew for a week. 

 

At that point, Yoona had literally been rolling around on the grassy ground, completely lost to her laughter and oh god, had it felt so good. She hadn't known such carefree joy in so long. 

 

When her laughter had faded enough that Yoona had become aware of her surroundings again, she had found herself lying on her back on the ground, staring up into Changwook's amuse face that was awash with soft and tender affection. 

 

Changwook was looking down at her like she was the most precious and charming thing he had ever seen and he just couldn't look away. 

 

Of course, Yoona might have been imaging it. Or worse, it was all part of Changwook's undercover act. 

 

It had been that depressing thought that had help Yoona calm down. 

 

Yoona had expected Changwook to help her up but instead, he had lower himself down onto the grass beside her, his eyes glued to her with such breathtaking wonder and they had stayed like that for a long time. After a short while, Yoona had started the conversation again. She had done most of the talking but they had scarcely taken their eyes off of each other. 

 

It was there that Yoona had told Changwook all about her old life and the friends she loves like sisters whom she misses so much. More about her mom and even more funny antidotes from her childhood. She talks about her dreams and what she wanted her life to be after all of this trouble with her dad was over with. 

 

In return, Changwook had talked a little about his parents, most of which Yoona senses was true and told her some of his own childhood antidotes. It hadn't been that difficult to know which were false and which were real; Yoona didn't know whether Changwook realizes it or not but his tone change when he was recalling a real memory and a sadness enter his eyes that came so close to breaking Yoona's heart. 

 

Yoona wanted more than anything to be able to take that look away from him so thoroughly that it would never cross his face ever again, but she also knew that that sadness was a part of him. His parents had been taken from him when he had been so young and that had left a hole in his shatter heart that Yoona fear would never heal, no matter what joy in life brought him. 

 

The sun had started to set before they had realized that they had spent hours there on the grass, doing nothing but talking and enjoying each other's company, sharing both the good and the bad times of their pasts. 

 

"We had better go in and get ready for our date," Changwook told her somberly, staring at the sunrise without looking directly at the golden orb that was already obscured by the horizon by a third. 

 

He sat up and then reach out, took her hand and pull her into a sitting position as well. 

 

"Yeah, I guess we should." Yoona agreed, just as somberly but neither of them moves. 

 

For the past few hours, things between them had been real but even though they were going out on a date together tonight, it wasn't real. It was an act, a charade, one that was going to be played before a watching audience. Not just her bodyguards but her dad as well. 

 

Even though her dad wouldn't be accompanying them, he would still receive a detailed summary on every little thing they did tonight. 

 

That was something else that Yoona's hadn't anticipated when she had put this whole plan together, how taxing playing a part twenty-four seven would be. 

 

"Hey," Changwook whisper softly, reaching out with his hand and gently running his fingers down the side of her face. He waited until she was looking him in the eyes before he went on with a promising expression on his handsome face, "Just forget about all of them, just focus on me. Pretend it really is just us, out on our first date." 

 

Yoona sigh heavily, feeling mentally exhausted and altogether fed-up with the entire situation. Seeking comfort, Yoona wraps her arms around her legs and hug them. 

 

"I'm so sick of pretending." She spoke, the word like it was a four-letter word, "My whole life is just one big show. I'm pretending that my mom's death and my friend's murder haven't torn me apart inside. I'm pretending that I'm not a prisoner and that my own dad isn't my warden. I'm pretending that , abused and suicide aren't my most likely future and I'm pretending that I haven't brought you to your certain death. I'm pretending to believe that this plan that I have dragged you into is going to work." 

 

Yoona closes her eyes and looks away from him, finishing in her mind, 'And I'm pretending that I haven't fallen in love with you. That what's between us is real. That's the biggest lie I'm pretending to believe.

 

Sensing rather than hearing movement beside her, Yoona open her eyes to see Changwook staring at her, his own eyes blazing with fierce will and promise. 

 

"I will never let anyone hurt you, Yoona." Changwook swore to her in a hush but resolute voice, "I will get you out of here. I will find a way to make you safe." An arrogant grin spread across his lips but the blazing look in his eyes didn't falter, "And don't you worry too much about me. I'm not so easy to kill. I should know, many have tried but I'm still here. Besides, the last thing I'm going to do is leave you alone. Not as long as you need me." Yoona couldn't help but feel better, not so much from his words but from the promise in his intense eyes. She had never met anyone who had such expressive and intense eyes, sometimes it felt like he could see straight through her, could see her every secret and wish in her sad yearning heart. 

 

"Have you always had this knight-in-shining-armor-hero complex?" 

 

Changwook grins broadly at her, flashing his perfect white teeth, "Yeah. I was born with it. Even on the playground, I had to be the knight slaying the dragon and rescuing the damsel. Or the cowboy riding in to save the damsel from the Indians. Or the cop saving the kidnap damsel from the robbers." 

 

"You have a thing for damsels in distress, huh?" Yoona couldn't help it, she was grinning with amusement, "Too bad there aren't any around here. Damsels are all weak and submissive whimpering cry-babies who run up the stairs instead of out the door when the serial killer comes for them." 

 

Changwook chuckle at both her words, her tone and the disapproving expression on her gorgeous face, "That counts you out then, doesn't it? Knowing you, you had be the heroine who unmask and emasculates the serial killer. You had had him running screaming for his life from the house." 

 

"Well, I was always the cop or the dragon slayer when I was a little girl," Yoona told him jokingly. As a little girl, Yoona couldn't remember ever playing cops and robbers or cowboys and Indians. 

 

"That really doesn't surprise me." Changwook said, with a playful shake of his head, "No doubt you terrorized the entire neighborhood while wearing an angel's face when you were a little girl." 

 

Yoona sat up straight, pretending to be affronted, "As a matter of fact, I was a perfectly behaved little girl. All charm and sweetness." 

 

"Yeah, right." Changwook said, with playful skepticism, "You couldn't convince me of that if you had the entire neighborhood testify before a supreme court judge." 

 

Yoona jumps to her feet and stalks away with mock indignation. 

 

"Hey, wait up!" Changwook call after her, catching up with her a moment or two later, "I'm sorry, your sweetness. I'm sure you were the very embodiment of sainthood, in your little pigtails and little pock-a-dot dresses." 

 

Yoona couldn't keep a straight face anymore and promptly gave up the effort. It felt too good to laugh and smile for real while keeping up this amusing little game they were playing. 

 

They enter the house by going around the pool and through the back patio doors and the moment they did, all the playfulness and laughter disappear. 

 

They had a show to put on tonight and they needed to be ready. Getting dress up and organizing what they had to take with them was the easy part, it was the mental preparation that was difficult. 

 

Tonight was a very crucial, very delicate part of Yoona's plan. In fact, everything else to come depends on how well they sold the act they were putting on tonight. If it works then Changwook's permanent position in the house become as assured as they could possibly make it without crossing lines that neither of them was willing to cross. 

 

If it didn't work, if they didn't believe or if they were discovered then chances were that they would lose everything. Yoona, her chance at freedom and what little leeway her dad had allowed her and Changwook, his very life. 

 

They both had the weight of the world on them but everything depended on them pretending that they didn't. 

 

Yoona was nervous and giddy all at the same time. She couldn't remember ever feeling like this before. She had butterflies churning around in her stomach and she couldn't sit still for more than a couple of seconds. 

 

She had been ready to go for over half an hour. The clock was against her, Yoona was sure of it. It was ticking away in slow motion just to spite her, to drive her insane. It couldn't have been only eight minutes since she had last looked at the clock, could it? 

 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Damn that infernal clock. 

 

Crying out in aggravation, Yoona snatches up her black GUESS flutter medium tote purse and her deep black Bar III flyaway faux-leather jacket and all but fled from her room. She couldn't stand sitting around, waiting for another moment, she had to get out of there. 

 

Tonight was yet another crucial part of her plan and she was more nervous than she could ever remember being. She couldn't believe she was actually going to go through with this part of her plan. Her dad really must have driven her out of her mind if she actually thought that she could go through with this. 

 

Ok, so Changwook wasn't a complete stranger to her anymore and even though she still had her doubts about just how much of what she had come to know about Changwook was real and how much was just part of his cover, Yoona was certain now that Changwook did care for her. 

 

On top of that, Changwook was the most protective man Yoona had ever met. Maybe it was a trait he had inherited from his dad or maybe it was the loss of his parents at such a young age but Changwook was naturally, to his very core, highly protective of women and those weaker than himself and therefore, Yoona was absolutely certain that she had have to give him her ok on every little step tonight even though it was all her idea in the first place and if they did go through with it, would her dad even buy it? Somehow, Changwook had to get in tight with her dad and hopefully, tonight would be the key to doing that. Regardless of the fact that she was Im Sejoon's daughter and his only living child, her dad was never going to trust her, never going to stop expecting trouble from her. 

 

Im Sejoon was too smart for that but Changwook was another story. In her dad's eyes, Changwook was the key to getting what he wanted most which just happen to put Changwook in the perfect position to gain her dad's trust and be invited into the inner circle of the family. Only then would Changwook have a real shot at bringing her dad down once and for all. 

 

Tonight was a very important step towards that end so Yoona had to get a grip on herself. She had to stop fidgeting nervously and acting like she was about to jump out of her skin. Although with any luck, her dad would mistake her stomach-churning anxiety over tonight for the nervousness that came with a first date. 

 

For the said date, even though she had dressed quickly, Yoona had dressed with care. Any number of things could go wrong tonight and she had to be as prepared as she could be and that was why she had dressed in casual and comfortable clothes rather than dressy clothes. 

 

Although she still looks great, if she did say so herself. She was wearing a black Calvin Klein straight-leg jeans that hug her shape in a very flattering manner with a red Style & Co chiffon-hem top. On her feet, she wore a pair of new white Kenneth Cole New York Kam lace-up sneakers because of Changwook's plan tonight to take a leisurely walk along the main street of the food district. 

 

It had taken her a few minutes to decide on a hairstyle but she had eventually decided on a simple ponytail and her jewelry, she had limited to a simple pair of Belle de Mer cultured freshwater pearl stud earrings in 14k gold and an Effy cultured freshwater pearl bracelet in 14k gold. 

 

On her way out the door, Yoona found herself glancing at her wardrobe, wondering if she had ever get a chance to wear the crown jewel of her wardrobe for Changwook before her plan came to an end. 

 

Oh, god. Yoona really hopes so. The dress in question was gorgeous and in it, she looks more than stunning, if she did say so herself. 

 

Occasionally, over the past three months whenever she had needed a pick-me-up, she had tried it on and stood in front of the mirror, all the while wishing that she had someone to wear it for. 

 

Well, now she had her wish. All she needed was an occasion and knowing her dad, she would be presented with one soon enough. 

 

Yoona knew her dad. He would stand back for a short while but sooner or later, Yoona was betting on sooner, the temptation to play the hurry-things-along matchmaker would become too much for him to resists. Although, now that her dad believes that she had found that special someone she had been looking for, it wouldn't be so much of a matchmaker as a how-can-I-assure-that-my-daughter-gets-knock-up maker. 

 

Which was really creepy. 

 

Yoona closes and locks her door behind her, double-checking that it was lock and then slip the key into the pocket of her jeans. 

 

Yoona turns and stops breathing. 

 

Changwook was standing there, patiently waiting for her and oh my, oh my, did he look perfect and she didn't mean in the literal senses. 

 

Changwook stood before her, freshly shower and shave, wearing a black long sleeve turtleneck slim fit casual t-shirts beneath a blue denim jacket with black Levi's jeans. He had done something with his hair that made it seem fuller, the short locks of his hair more define, hair gel maybe? 

 

Changwook was drop dead gorgeous. Yoona just wanted to eat him up. Her inner cavewoman purr in approval as her body flooded with a delicious heat and her fingers flex uncontrollably at the need to touch him. She wanted to run her fingers through his thick hair and run her hands over the contours of the hard chest beneath that t-shirt. 

 

Maybe tonight wouldn't be such a chore after all. Maybe she might even become the aggressor tonight, shock Changwook just a little at how forward she could be. 

 

"You look stunning, Yoona." Changwook held out his hand to her, "Shall we go? We don't want to miss the beginning of the movie." 

 

There was something in his eyes that Yoona couldn't quite identify but she didn't pay it too much attention. She was too distracted by the stunning sight of him. 

 

Had the FBI grown him in a laboratory or something? He was just too handsome. 

 

Yoona nodded in responses to his questioned and decided that she had better get outside into the cooler evening air before she started drooling. 

 

Changwook's hand felt warm as it wraps around hers and he led her down the stairs, walking close to her as if he were afraid that she had trip and fall and he wanted to be close enough to catch her before she could topple down them. 

 

That might have happened in her klutzy teenage years but with adulthood had come the grace and poise that she had long for as a teenager. 

 

At least that was true most of the time. Once in a while, her old habits would raise their head to embarrass her to the point of wishing that the floor would open up and swallow her whole but not tonight. Tonight, she was with Changwook and she knew that she could trust him to catch her if she felt...fell. 

 

Catch her if she fell. What was wrong with her? 

 

Oh, right. She had to spend the night constantly reminding herself that she was only pretending to fall in love with this gorgeous hunk. 

 

A piece of cake. 

 

Oh boy, it was going to be a long night. 

 

At the bottom of the stairs, Yoona wasn't really surprised to find her dad waiting for them, his personal assistant, Mrs. Choi, standing dutifully a step behind him, holding that A4-sized black zipped-up leather organizer of hers. 

 

Yoona was in no mood to listen to her dad tonight. She just wanted to go already. 

 

Picking up her pace, Yoona pulls Changwook along behind her as she rushes them out the front doors towards the black SUV that was waiting for them, along with four of her dad's goons who had spent the last year playing the role of her bodyguards. 

 

Yoona look over her shoulder at her dad to see that he was about to object to her rushing out and she knew just what to do to stump him long enough for them to make their escape. 

 

Yoona flash her dad a happy smile and said with an unusually cheery pleasant tone, "Bye, dad." The word left a bad taste in but she forces herself to ignore it, "We won't be home late tonight, promise." 

 

Yoona had just enough time to see the astonished expression on her dad's face at both, her words and tone before the two of them disappear out the front door and slid into their waiting SUV. 

 

Had her dad known her better, he would have heard her words as the pretense that they were. Had her dad known her better, he would have seen the red flag she had just wave but her dad didn't know her and that was why he was going to loses their little game. 

 

Yoona looks up into Changwook's narrow eyes. He had noticed the false too-keen edge to her tone and that made Yoona smile with satisfaction. 

 

She really was going to enjoy herself tonight. Maybe enough that for a brief time, she might be able to forget about all her soul-crushing situation and just enjoy herself. 

 

Kind of like Cinderella going to the ball. Cinderella knew she had had only a few short hours but she had been determined to enjoy every moment of the ball just the same rather than focus on the clock counting down those precious seconds until she was forced to return to the hell that her life really was. 

 

It was funny how most people never paid any mind to the darkness and suffering that a lot of fairy-tale characters endure, they only saw the miracles and the happy endings. 

 

Yoona glance back as they left the estate's grounds at the grand mansion that was her gilded cage. 

 

How dearly she wish that she still believe in fairy tales but she had stopped believing in happily ever after the moment her dad had walk back into her life and destroy all her hopes and dreams. 

 

"You look bored." Yoona observe, completely and utterly amuse by the board-out-of-his-brain expression on Changwook's face, "Aren't you on the edge of your seat like me to find out exactly how and when Manny's going to discover that Lilly is really an angel trying to save his soul and so they can never be together but you know they will somehow find a way despite all the odds being stacked against them?" 

 

Changwook made a sound under his breath that sounded suspiciously like a disdainful snort and grumbles, "If you know how it ends then why did you pick it?!" 

 

Yoona bit the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing at him out loud. She could point out the obvious that after arriving at the cinema, Changwook, himself, had told her to pick any movie she wanted but she decided to travel down a more entertaining path instead. 

 

"It's a chick flick." Yoona said slowly as if he had had trouble understanding plain English, "What did you think we were going to see? Don't you think my dad would find it a little off if we saw a blood and guts guy flick?" The logic in her point only stump him for a moment, "We could have seen something scary." Changwook counter, still grumbling, "That way, you could have spent the entire movie cowering in my lap." 

 

Yoona had to fight the urge to kick him in the shin at being so sulky and so male. Instead, she rolls her eyes at him, facing him so he could see her roll her eyes at him, "Do I look like I'm fifteen? That kind of seduction mauver only works on teenage boys and idiots." 

 

Changwook gave her a quizzical look, "Isn't that kind of redundant?" 

 

Yoona turns her eyes back to the screen, "You said it, not me." 

 

Changwook's eyes narrow, taking a long moment to consider the meaning of her words before asking suspiciously, "Are you calling me immature or an idiot?" 

 

Yoona couldn't help herself. She said what she was thinking, "Take your pick." 

 

If Yoona had been looking at him, she would have seen the ominous and mischievous expression that slowly crept onto his face and she would have known she was in trouble but Yoona was watching the movie screen and Changwook wasn't about to forewarn her. 

 

Before Yoona knew what was happening, Changwook flips up the movable armrest that separated them and attack, running his wiggling fingers up and down the outside of her ribs. 

 

Yoona let out a startled squeal and instinctively lurch herself sideways away from him, trying to escape his mercilessly tickling digits but he was ready for her. He moves with her, using the strength in his hands to keep his hands in place at her sides while his fingers tickle her but at the same time, Changwook was gentle, always mindful of his greater strength and her smaller size. 

 

"Changwook Oppa!" Yoona gasp objectively, through her boisterous giggles. 

 

"Shhh." Changwook told her, with mock sternness, "You are bothering the other people who are trying to watch the movie!" 

 

"You are the one tickling me!" Yoona hiss, her tone accusing. She was still trying to get away from his tickling fingers. 

 

"But I'm tickling you quietly, aren't I?" Changwook pulled her towards him, not about to let her get away from him and unexpectedly, Yoona slid backward until Changwook found himself looking down at her where she was laying sprawl across their two seats and his lap. 

 

Changwook looks down at her, at her head resting in his lap as her giggles subsided but it wasn't the provocative suggestiveness of their position that made his breath catch in his throat. It was the look on her face and in her eyes as she stares up at him. There was so much trust, so much affection in her soft gaze that he couldn't look away and the way it felt to have her close. It felt so right, so natural. It was when he wasn't touching her that he felt like there was something missing. Touching her felt normal. 

 

Changwook hadn't meant for his playfulness to come to this. At first, all he had been trying to do was help Yoona relax as much as possible as it had been obvious that she was feeling nervous about what they both knew was coming. 

 

What was he going to do? He wasn't supposed to fall for her. Nothing like this had ever come close to happening to him before. Sure, he had met many women in the course of his job and he had had to get close to a number of them but this was the first time he had ever come to feel anything for them but how could he not fall for her? He had like her from the get-go, from that very first moment he had laid eyes on her image on the screen when he had watched the replay of her FBI interview. He had like and admire her bravado and her moxie then, watching her on that tape, handling those season FBI agents like an expert and then he had met her, gotten to know her and all those qualities that had gained his attention. 

 

What was happening to him? And what was he going to do about it? How could there possibly be any sort of happily ever after for them? 

 

There were so many reasons standing between them. Her dad had murder his parents. Regardless of how Yoona said she felt about her dad, what was she going to feel about him when he put her dad behind bars for the rest of his natural life? What would his parents think about him falling for the daughter of the man who had murdered them and affected his entire life? 

 

The FBI even had rules that forbid them from becoming personally involve and for good reason. There were numerous hero worship and falling for the damsel in distress syndromes and such that a professional shrink could claim to be the basis for their form under extreme and intense circumstances relationship. 

 

What was he going to do? 

 

The main street in the food district was a bustle of activity and filled with people of all ages and ethnicities, all having a good time. Groups of friends laugh and playfully tormented each other, couples both, young and old walk-in various arrangements of embrace along the sidewalk and parents did their best to keep up with their hyperactive overexcited children who beg and pleaded for whatever it was that caught their eye. Store vendors proudly advertised their delicacies, inviting one and all to come try what they had to offer and the infrequent shout or squeal could occasionally be heard over it all. 

 

Various forms of music and popular songs of all varieties blare over the crowd from countless sources, each store playing its own preferred music and in-between the stalls and shop fronts buskers play their instruments and sang their songs, adding to the acoustic chaos that eclipse the sounds of the city beyond this one street. 

 

There were lights of all colors so it wasn't just the streetlights above that kept the dark of night away. Lights were everywhere, from the fluorescent lights that lit the stores and shone out onto the sidewalk and the street, to the colorful lights that illuminated the stalls and the lit-up signs advertising different businesses. Even the occasional fire join in the battle to keep the night away from this lively happy place and the aromas. Oh, sweet lord, the aromas. There had to be cuisine from every corner of the planet on this one street, whether it was being cooked in the stores or sold from the various street stalls and food vans. 

 

Yoona could smell meat cooking in various sauces, sweet vegetables and spicy spices that made water. She could smell chocolate and sugar cook and prepare in all its wondrous ways. 

 

This place was a sensory delight and if Yoona tried really hard, she could almost pretend that she and Changwook were alone and free to do as wish. 

 

Almost. 

 

Yoona knew without looking that her four bodyguards were behind them, following only a few meters behind, watching them, watching her, to assure that she didn't get away from her dad's grasp even though the GPS bracelet was secure around her ankle. 

 

A condition of being let off of the estate. 

 

Sometimes, it was like living in a giant fishbowl, always being watched, always on display. Even Changwook could be included in that category now, only unlike her, Changwook was both, the watcher and the watch. Changwook was watched by those who watch her but he also watches over her. 

 

From the moment Yoona had risen to her feet after the movie, Changwook had kept her close. He had kept his arms wrap around her waist or shoulder, his hold on her both, protective and possessive, wordlessly warning everyone around them that she was his and that he wouldn't hesitate to protect her. Keeping her tuck into his side, Changwook protected her from both, the slightly cool but not uncomfortable night breeze and from other people who came too close. 

 

A small voice in her mind had wondered as too whether or not she should feel a little put off by his intensely overprotective behavior, she wasn't a china doll. She was a strong modern woman; she wouldn't break at the slightest pressure but the truth was that she didn't feel that way, instead, Yoona felt cherish and safe and something else, something warmer. Something carnal. 

 

Everywhere Changwook touches her her body tingle. She could feel him. He was warm hardness press against the side of her body from her shoulder to her thigh, his arm was wrapped around her back, his hand resting possessively on her waist. He was wrapped around her in such a way that she felt like she was wrapped in a cocoon of warm steel that moves with her, holding her firmly at his side. He was holding her so close, so securely that they were almost one and still, it wasn't enough. She wanted him in every way there was to have someone and she wanted him to take her in all ways that someone could be taken. 

 

Yoona wanted him. Her body burns for him at the merest of his touches. Even when he wasn't touching her her desire for him only subsided to a gentle simmer but it was always there, just below the surface, waiting to be fan into a roaring flame. 

 

Yoona was very aware of her own body. She felt too hot despite the cool night like she had a fever while what felt like butterflies churn her stomach. Low in her belly, there was an electrified vibrating orb that was sheer torment because her body wasn't getting enough and there was a fluttering in her chest, a pang that felt like an invisible hand had wrapped around her heart and had started to squeeze. 

 

Yoona desperately wanted more. 

 

Yoona wasn't naïve. She knew what her body wanted, knew that she was, for lack of a better word, in heat. Yoona had spent the better part of a year putting her plan together, refining every little detail until she had foolishly believed that she was ready for anything but this, she hadn't seen it coming at all. She had expected there to be parts of her plan that would be difficult but she could never have anticipated that the hardest thing of her plan that she had have to face would be her attraction and feelings for the uncover FBI agent. 

 

Really though, who could have seen this coming? 

 

Yoona looks up at Changwook, wanting to look up into his face while he wasn't watching but instead, she found herself staring directly into Changwook's observant eyes. He was looking down at her as if he could see straight through her and he admire and value everything he saw. 

 

As if he would do anything, give anything, for her. 

 

How in heaven's name was she going to keep herself from falling in love with this man? 

 

They had been leisurely walking along down the street, taking in the sights and smells when Changwook had realized that in a matter of seconds, Yoona had tenses in his arms. 

 

Changwook had looked down at the precious bundle he held safely against his side and realize that even though her body was still there with him, her mind was somewhere else and wherever she had gone to, it wasn't a good place. Her sad distress eyes had started unseeingly ahead and there had been a very troubled expression on her radiant face. 

 

What was she thinking that had her so upset? And then, as if she knew that he was looking down at her, Yoona's head snapped up and their eyes collided, the distress and fear in her eyes were as transparent as daylight. Completely disregarding their entourage, Changwook pulls them both to a halt and step to the side, out of the stream of moving people on the sidewalk. 

 

What was wrong? 

 

Changwook gently turns her to face him, keeping her inside the protective circle of his arms and pulled her closer. 

 

In responses, Yoona brought her hands up to his chest and lean in close to him until they were dangerously close to crossing the line between what was appropriate for a public place. 

 

Changwook wrap both his arms around her shoulders brought his other hand up and cup the side of her face, his thumb gently along her hairline just above her ear. 

 

"Yoona." 

 

Yoona couldn't believe that with one simple word, Changwook made it plain that he wanted to know what was wrong and how he could fix it. 

 

"Kiss me," Yoona demanded breathlessly. Her entire body felt so wonderful, she felt so alive and she wanted more. She wanted him more than she had ever wanted anything else in her entire life. 

 

Yoona watches a small tender smile slowly spread across his lips as liquid heat fill his eyes and soften his expression. 

 

In her chest, her heartbeat kick into high gear and Yoona parted her lips in an automatic wordless invitation and her heartbeat pick up the tempo in her ear. 

 

In the blink of an eye, Changwook's expression change from soft and tender to hard and determine, impassioned. Lustful. It was the look of a man who was very and wasn't going to let anything or anyone stand in his way of getting exactly what he wanted. 

 

At least there was no doubt as to whether or not he was attracted to her. There had been building between them from the moment they had met and more than once it had threatened to boil over and now, it seems that that moment had finally come and Yoona wasn't afraid. She wanted him too much to be afraid of the intense hunger in Changwook's eyes and her trust in him that he had never hurt her was too certain. 

 

Yoona rose up onto her tippy toes and wrap her arms around Changwook's neck, pulling herself flush up against him, her eyes dropping from his eyes to his lips. She wanted to taste him again, to feel the excitement of his passion that threatens to take control of him and turn him into the wild animal Yoona knew was tightly restrained within him. 

 

With a deep growl, Changwook hungrily clamp down on her hot pink lips, devouring her with a desperation that threatens to consume him like he was some kind of Neanderthal and to Changwook's delight, Yoona met his passion with her own, thriving on his ravishing hunger and taking not only what he gave but demanding more. 

 

Yoona was a passionate sensual creature who didn't hold back or shy away from his own passion and that made him want her all the more. She verges on tiny in size but her will, her strength, was that of somebody who stood ten feet tall. People look at her and saw her petite size and instantly, assume that she was some weak fair maiden rather than the tower of will and strength that she was. 

 

Changwook loves that about her. 

 

Without breaking the kiss, Changwook moves them further away from the crowd, guiding her back until they were just inside the narrow space between two stores, barely four feet wide. Then he pushes her up against the brick wall, using it to anchor her in place between the wall and himself, freeing his hands to explore her voluptuous body but it wasn't enough, not nearly enough. Changwook wanted to explore her flesh to his heart's content. He wanted to every inch of her delicious body and he wanted to do it someplace else so he could completely let go of his control, where he could drop his guard entirely and ravish her the way he so desperately wanted too, but that was something he was never going to get, at least not while her dad was free. Damn the man. Damn Sejoon to the deepest pit of hell. Even after so many years, Sejoon was still messing with his life, with what should have been and what was. 

 

At least, he wasn't the only one who felt that way. Changwook could feel Yoona's hands all over his upper body, neck, shoulders, chest, and back. He could feel the heat of her body, the ferocity of her hunger for him and it fuels his own desire on even more. 

 

He had to get her off of the street. This was no place for this. Especially with her dad's goons watching them from only a matter of feet away but Changwook just couldn't seem to make himself stop. 

 

In a desperate effort to regain some control of himself, Changwook flattens his hands on the cold brick wall on either side of Yoona, locking his arms in place to keep them from wondering underneath her clothes the way they wanted too, but no amount of willpower could have made him release her lips from his. 

 

Yoona was disappointed when Changwook's hands left her body but it helps her pull herself out of the storm that her passion had trapped her within. 

 

Yoona turns her head to the side, breaking their kiss. Panting heavily, she had to swallow before she spoke, "Take me back. I want to be alone with you." 

 

Yoona wanted him, really wanted him. Her dad, her plan, the FBI all be damn. Her body burns for him and she was so sick and tired of either denying herself or being denied what she wanted. She had been on her guard and had been denied real human contact for too long. 

 

Changwook's eyes blaze with heated desire as he stares down into her eyes and it was all Yoona could do not to moan out loud. The way he looks at her made her feel so...so much. 

 

He made her feel so much. He made her feel hot, desire and womanly. The way he looks at her made her feel like a fertility goddess. He made her feel so cherish, so worship, that his gaze alone made her burn and squirm with want. 

 

"Are you sure?" His question was more of a growl than anything else. 

 

Yoona rubs her body against his, against every inch of him that she could reach. She was on fire and she wanted more, she wanted Changwook to take her and send her supernova. 

 

"I'm sure." Yoona whisper. 

 

It cost Changwook every ounce of willpower he had to content himself with merely holding Yoona to his side and her hand on the drive back to her dad's estate. The closer he and Yoona got, the more frustrated and angry he became at the situation Yoona was still trapped in. Driving back to the estate felt like going back to prison after being on the outside for only one day. It felt like descending down into a pitch black cave which held certain peril. The closer they got, the more on edge Changwook became. The more protective and battle-ready Changwook felt himself become. He couldn't stand having to take Yoona back into the lion's den. It was killing him. 

 

He really had to get her away from Kai, her dad and all of them. He had to put all of them away, only then would Yoona be safe and only then would the two of them have a chance at a real relationship, to really find out if what they had was stronger than the reason that should keep them apart. 

 

Changwook had never been able to get Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet but now, he could really relate to the two characters. Now, he understood what it felt like to be so in love with someone whom you really shouldn't be in love with solely because of one's love and loyalty to one's family. 

 

Yoona's dad had killed his parents but Yoona wasn't like her dad. Hell, she didn't even like her dad. Was that something their newly blooming feelings for each other could survive in the long run despite how protective and possessive he felt for her? 

 

Changwook honestly didn't know. 

 

They made it back to the estate mere minutes before curfew and of course, there were people waiting for them. Yoona's dad met them first at the door but neither he nor Yoona was in the mood to deal with her dad, so after her tracking bracelet had been removed, Yoona had mumble that she was tired and going to bed and Changwook had ushered her upstairs. 

 

Neither of them had failed to notice Kai who had been glaring wrathfully at them from the far corner of the room. It was as plain as the nose on his face that he hated the very idea of the two of them on a date but Changwook had just glare warningly at Kai, pulling Yoona tighter against his side in a clearly possessive gesture, wordlessly staking his claim on her. 

 

The next time Kai put his hands on Yoona, he was a dead man. 

 

Then without releasing his hold on her for even a moment, they had gone straight to Yoona's bedroom where they didn't turn on the lights. There was enough artificial light shining in from outside that they could see well enough. 

 

Changwook locks the door, taking the time to test the doorknob to assure that it was securely locked and only then did he allow himself to let his guard down enough to relax and allow some of their earlier fervor to return. Yoona was home and she was as safe as she could be while still being under her dad's dominion. 

 

Changwook turns Yoona in his arms to face him and trail his fingers from Yoona's shoulder all the way down along her arm until he reaches her hand. He intertwines her fingers with his own, taking the time to relish in the wonderful tantalizing feel of Yoona's soft flawless skin beneath his touch. Her hand was so much smaller than his own; her fingers compare to his seem as brittle as a small bird. 

 

They were standing so close to each other but their clasp hands were all that was touching and it was all too much and not enough all at the same time. 

 

Never, not once, not even in his young teenage years had Changwook felt anything like this. The attraction between them, the ravenous desire, was so powerful that it borders on physical pain. He wanted her so much. He had never met anyone like her and he was well pass infatuated with her. 

 

Yoona was kind and generous, loving and compassionate and at the same time, she was strong and unassailable. Yoona knew her path and nothing and no one was going to stand in her way, not without deeply regretting it. She was trapped by her own dad but still, Yoona remains strong and surefooted. The more someone tried to push her, the firmer she stood her ground. 

 

On the other side of that coin, Yoona wasn't too proud to show weakness or fear and she had endured what would have made lesser men break. Hardships only made Yoona stronger. 

 

The more Changwook came to know her, the more he came to care for her and the harder it was for him to believe that she was Sejoon's blood. If Yoona had been anyone else's daughter, Changwook wouldn't have hesitated to make his play for her, to claim her as his own irrevocably but the sad truth was that Changwook didn't know if he could have any kind of real long-term relationship with her solely because of who her dad was. 

 

He was so conflicted, his loyalties torn in half, divided between his loving memory of his late beloved parents and his feelings for the daughter of the man who had killed them. His head and heart were pulling him in two completely different directions and neither side was giving an inch. 

 

By all rights, Changwook knew that he shouldn't care about Yoona, shouldn't want the daughter of his most hated enemy but he did. He wanted her so badly that he ached for her and not just her body, he wanted all of her. What was he going to do? 

 

"Yoona." 

 

Yoona must have heard his reservations in his tone because before Changwook could make another sound, Yoona raise her fingers to his lips, silencing him. 

 

"Don't." Yoona pleaded him in a soft whisper, running her fingers softly across his lips, caressing them in the softest of feminine touches. 

 

At her tender touch, Changwook's entire body was trembling with his need for her. He didn't feel strong enough to fight his need for her but he had to be. He had to be stronger than his body's desire. 

 

"Are you sure about this?" Changwook asks her, needing her to be more certain than anything. This felt like crossing a line, one he had never be able to come back from. 

 

This was important, crucial to Yoona's plan but Yoona had been on edge all night and he absolutely refuses to go ahead with this if she wasn't one hundred percent willing. The logical reasoning to go through with this be damn. 

 

"We don't have to move so fast." Changwook reason, his voice soft and reassuring. His tone betray little of his inner struggle, "We have all the time in the world." 

 

The sad smile Yoona gave him was sad but accepting, "Neither of us believes that." 

 

Changwook didn't need to ask her exact meaning. They didn't have all the time in the world. They only had until her dad either lost his patience with them or their deception was discover and when either of those moments came, Changwook swore to himself that he had do absolutely everything and anything he had to keep her safe. He had to keep her out of both, her dad and Kai's cruel hands at any cost. 

 

"Yoona." Plan or no plan, he should stop this. Yoona obviously wasn't comfortable with this even if she was willing. 

 

"Shhh." Yoona soothes softly, the sound reminding him of his mom when he had been a little boy and she had been trying to soothe him after a terrible nightmare, "Don't think about it. Just stay with me." 

 

"Always." Changwook vow with fierce resolve, his entire body rioting at the thought of doing anything else. Changwook gently removes her hand from his face and then just as gently, he wrapped his hand around the back of her neck, sinking his fingers into her silky blonde hair. Cradling the back of her head in his hand, slowly so she could pull away at any time, he pull her forward and cover her lips with his own and then Changwook kiss her with more vigorous passion and burning hunger than he had ever kissed anyone before because he had never wanted anyone the way he wanted Yoona before. 

 

Yoona was lost in the sensual storm of Changwook's ravishing fire. Never in her life had she known anything like this. 

 

Or had known anyone like Changwook. He was dominant, possessive and strongminded but at the same time, he was gentle, considerate and protective. He conquers her lips like a merciless marauder, demanding her responses and accepting nothing less than her complete surrender but he did so without making her fear him or his advances. 

 

Yoona knew to her very core that he had never hurt her or causes her pain; it just wasn't in him. She was safe with him, as safe as she could ever be; he wouldn't go an inch further than what she wanted him too, and somehow, that made her want to surrender to him all the more. 

 

There was a flame in her lower belly that was growing hotter and hotter and it was spreading through her entire trembling body. Her heartbeat was beating faster and faster, increasing in tempo. Her knees felt weak and she had goosebumps all over her body. 

 

Her free hand were still clasped securely in Changwook's, found its way to Changwook's hard chest. From there, Yoona slowly trails her hand downward, taking her time to feel him beneath his shirt, to re-familiarize herself with his hard well-defined contours. 

 

When Yoona reach the waistband of his jeans, Changwook froze, his eyes flaring open like her touch had burned him but Yoona wasn't bold enough to venture any further south, not just yet anyway but rather than head north, Yoona pull his shirt upwards and slip her hand beneath so she could feel the bare flesh of his firm stomach and perfectly define abdominal muscles and just like that, as if her touching him had shattered his last ounce of self-control that had kept him from intimately touching her, Changwook's hands were everywhere. He releases her hand and wraps that arm around her waist, pulling her fully against him and his hard-on that until now, she hadn't been aware of. His other hand works its way under the back of her shirt where he ran his hand along the skin of the small of her back and trail his fingers up and down her spine that made her toes curl. 

 

Oh, good god. Changwook's hands on her body felt so good but at the same time, it was nowhere near enough. She wanted more. 

 

Needing more, needing to be closer to him, Yoona removes her hands from his body and then pull back just a little, breaking their attempt to set the world's longest, most passionate kiss. 

 

Changwook releases her without resistance but the confuse and disappointed daze expression on his face spoke volumes. 

 

'Silly Oppa.' Yoona muse silently to herself, he thought she wanted to stop, 'Silly boy.

 

Before Changwook could say a word, Yoona threw herself at him, jumping as high as she could which just happen to be just high enough. Before gravity could reclaim her, Yoona wraps her legs around Changwook's waist and caught hold of Changwook's shoulders to steady herself and just like that, she was tethered to him. 

 

Not wasting another moment, Yoona lowers her lips down onto his and kiss him for all she was worth, balancing her own weight for only a few seconds before Changwook's strong arms were wrapped around her, holding her in place more securely than any seatbelt would have. 

 

Yoona's inner primitive woman purr in avid arouse approval that he had remained steady on his feet when she had all but slam into his upper body. Changwook was deceptively strong; he didn't even seem to notice her entire body weight. 

 

By now, Yoona felt like she was on fire. From the top of her head to the tips of her toes, she felt like she was burning alive and she was loving it. Her skin was alive with goosebumps that weren't from the cold and her entire body tingle and buzz. She had never felt more alive or more like a woman. 

 

In the core of her being, a maddening orb of white-hot pleasure was building. It glows and sparks and it was so pleasurable and intense that it was verging on maddening. She aches there in that secret place. She wanted what only Changwook could give her and she wanted it now. 

 

Changwook's scent fills her nose and consumes her senses. Yoona wanted to touch Changwook all over and she wanted him to touch her all over. She wanted... 

 

Oh hell, Yoona just wanted him. 

 

Changwook couldn't stop. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't get enough of her. 

 

Yoona was the most beautiful y wild wonderful woman Changwook had ever met and he wanted her beneath him. and spread. He wanted to be inside of her, to feel her wet heat clinging to him as he moves in and out of her tight hot body. He wanted to feel her nails digging into him as he home, he wanted to hear her cries of pleasure in his ear as he pleasures her. He wanted to know the weight of her perfectly shape high s that would bounce with each . He wanted to watch her face as she comes around him, her body squeezing and milking him until he couldn't stand it anymore and he came, emptying himself into her. 

 

More than anything though, Changwook wanted to brand her as his own so that every other man on the planet, Kai, and her dad especially, would know that she was his. 

 

His for the rest of their lives. 

 

Needing his hands-free to touch her without fearing that she had fall, Changwook walks swiftly over to her bed and together, they fell down into its softness. 

 

After a moment, Yoona adjusted her position, widening her legs to accommodate him and all of a sudden, Changwook felt a heat against his . 

 

Changwook groans into Yoona's mouth. 

 

'Mine.

 

Changwook froze, his eyes flaring open. He was astounded to the point that for several moments he didn't move or even blink. The softly spoken word had echoed through his mind like a gentle ripple through a pond. The word hadn't been shouted in his head with the ferocity and intensity of his passion. 

 

No, it had been stated as a fact, as something that simply was like rocks and waves and it was far more intense than any shouted declaration ever could have been. 

 

Oh, boy. He loves her. He wasn't falling in love with her, he had fallen in love with her. 

 

Oh, boy. Oh, boy. Oh, boy. 

 

Beneath him, Yoona slowly opens her daze stunning dark brown eyes and look up at him. She looks up at him with such expressive dark brown eyes that if he had been standing they would have floored him. 

 

In her eyes, Changwook saw the fire of passion but beneath that, he could see her trust in him, her faith in him and dare he even think it, affection? For him? 

 

He couldn't tell her he loves her. He couldn't. Not here, not now. Not yet. Not until Yoona was free and had had a chance to clear her head of some of the damage her dad was still inflicting. No way would Yoona believe him now if he told her he cares deeply for her; she had dismissed his declaration of love as part of their act or some kind of caught-up-in-the-moment hero thing. 

 

How was this even possible? How had he fallen in love with her so surely so fast? 

 

Him? Changwook couldn't believe it. He had fallen in love. How was it possible? 

 

Changwook had never let anyone get close enough to him to fall in love with. He wasn't a fool, he knew that losing his parents as violently as he had at such a young age had scared him for what he had believed had been for life. Ever since he had lost his parents, he had been adamant that he had never let himself fall love. 

 

He had believed for so long that loving someone that much that you couldn't live on without them was far worse than being alone. He had seen the agony in his dad's eyes, had seen how completely his dad's soul had been destroyed when his beloved wife had been murder right before his eyes. When his turn had come, Changwook's dad had welcome the sweet mercy of his death. 

 

Changwook closes his eyes, terrified that Yoona would see the intensity of his feelings in his eyes so he lowers his head, pressing his face into Yoona's collarbone as he fought against the icy fear that threatens to consume him. 

 

What if he lost Yoona? What if they fail to free her from her dad? What if he dies knowing that he left Yoona alone to face Kai's sadistic handling? Or worse, what if because of who and what he was it was him who hurtled her the most? 

 

"Changwook Oppa?" Yoona whispers timidly. 

 

Yoona couldn't figure out what had gone wrong. One moment, she had been in pure heaven with the coolness of her bedcovers against the heated skin of her back with Changwook's form plaster along her front from her lips to her knees, his hands on her body and his kisses driving her wild and the next moment, Changwook had tense and pull away. 

 

The way he had look at her. He had looked so shell-shock, so enraptured. At first, there had been a hint of wonder in his expressive wide eyes, looking at her like she had sprout beautiful wings and then his expression had changed into one of haunted distress. 

 

In his eyes, Yoona had seen true fear. Fear so intense and heart-breaking that it had left her bewildered and breathless. What in heaven's name was running through his head? What was he so afraid of that it left him looking torture? 

 

Anguish. That was the word for what she was seeking and then, Changwook had buried his head in the curve of her shoulder and for a moment, Yoona had wonder if he was crying. 

 

What on earth was going on? What was wrong? 

 

Oh, god. Was the thought of being intimate with her that horrifying to him? 

 

Yoona had to admit that she was no miss universe but she wasn't that bad. 

 

Was she? 

 

Insecurities and the hurt of humiliation flooded her and her heart started to sink. 

 

Changwook's head snaps up and his eyes found hers once again, but this time, he looks remorseful, self-loathing. 

 

"Oppa?" The word was a timid question, voicing all her hurt and uncertainties. 

 

Then, all at once, Changwook's face soften and warm caring fill the expression on his handsome face, his eyes blazing with warmth and wonder. 

 

"You are pretty." He whispers, with so much tenderness that Yoona felt heat consume her face and warmth flooded her heart and just like that, the heat, the passion, and the hunger were back. With a vengeance. 

 

Yoona didn't want to linger on what she had seen in his expression. Not now. Not tonight. Tomorrow, she would re-examine it, just let her had this heaven tonight. 

 

Yoona flung her arms around his neck and pull him back down to her. She locks her lips onto his, holding onto him with all her strength. 

 

Whatever had made Changwook so upset, Yoona was determined to do everything she could to take it away from him, to make him forget all about it. 

 

Yoona wanted the fire and passion back. She wanted to feel the way only Changwook could make her feel, mentally and physically. 

 

Focusing completely on the kiss, Yoona boldly her tongue into his mouth, urging his tongue to join in the with her own. 

 

To her delight, Changwook lasted only a few seconds before he was attacking her with all the hunger and vigor he had before he had stopped. 

 

Attack was the adequate word. It was as if something had snapped inside of Changwook and all of a sudden, he was like a wild animal, caught in an intense mating urge and Yoona was loving every moment of it. 

 

While Changwook's lips ravage her own with a unquenchable hunger, a raging desperation, his hands were on her body, roaming over her curves like he was a blind man, preparing to sculpt her perfect likeness. His hands trace her neck, shoulders, arms, s, stomach, hips and down to her thighs. His hands were everywhere and it was driving Yoona out of her mind. Where he touch, her skin burn and buzz and where he didn't, every skin cell in her body wanted his touch all at the same time with the same intensity. 

 

How long were they going to remain like that, Yoona had no idea. All senses of time had fallen by the wayside the moment Changwook had started learning her body with his large strong skillful hands. For however long, Yoona had been lost in the pleasure and the burning heat of her body and how sinfully delicious Changwook felt beneath her own exploring hands, although she wasn't nearly as bold in her exploration as Changwook was. Yoona kept her hands north of the border or more accurately, north of Changwook's waistband. She had the feeling that if she crosses that line, there had be nothing left of either of their self-control to prevent them from going so much further than they had planned. 

 

At some point, Changwook wraps an arm around the back of her waist and started to gently moved her upwards along the bed until Yoona found her head being gently laid on a soft thick pillow. 

 

All the while, Changwook kept his lips locked on hers, his tongue pillaging in . That was how they stay for a few more minutes before he pulls away and raises himself up into a kneeling position above her. 

 

They were gasping for breath, their lungs protesting from the little oxygen they had received. 

 

At first, when Changwook had pulled away, Yoona had feared that Changwook was going to do that weird bewilder distress thing again, but instead, before her eyes with deft movements, Changwook frantically began shedding his clothes. 

 

Before her wide eyes, Changwook briskly removes and discarded his shirt, throwing it to the side without any interests at all as to where it landed. He kept his eyes locked on hers the entire time as if to assure her that he wasn't going to go all weird again. 

 

Yoona her lips into and bit down on her lips. He was giving her a show and wow. What a show it was. She almost moans at the sight of his perfectly sculpted male chest and her fingers curl tightly into the comforter beneath her to keep herself from reaching out and running her hands over every inch of that magnificent body of his but Yoona didn't want to interrupt the show. 

 

In smooth swift movement, Changwook rolls away from her and sprung himself up off the bed then he turns and locks gazes with her once again. He then discarded his black Converse Chuck Taylor all star sneakers and socks and then his hands went to the waistband of his pants. 

 

Yoona bit down harder on her lips. Her eyes bug. Just how much of a show was she going to get? 

 

Changwook grin at her and in less than eight seconds, Changwook his waistband, his pants and slid them down his long thick muscular legs. 

 

It took every ounce of willpower Yoona had, which was twice as much as she thought she had possessed, to keep from jumping him. 

 

In the end, it was only the knowledge that there were cameras watching them that kept her in place on the bed. As if reading her mind, Changwook's smile faded and he moves back to the bed, wearing nothing but glossy black silk? Satin? It was hard to tell, boxer shorts and a hard-set expression. 

 

Yoona fully expected him to settle over again, to resume where they had left off but instead, with precise gentle movements, Changwook took off her shoes and socks and then he slid his arm under her hips. He lifted most of her body into the air until only her head and shoulders remain on the pillow. Then Changwook lowers his other hand to the covers and he gently slips her beneath the covers, otherwise still fully dressed. 

 

Changwook had used the time he had taken to undress to cool himself down just a tad. He had lost control both times they had kiss tonight, the term kiss really didn't do what they had done justice but from this point onward, he couldn't let his control slip even a little. 

 

If he did then Changwook was certain that he wouldn't be able to get himself back under control until morning. 

 

After stripping down to his black underwear, that in the dim light did a really good job of concealing his aching , Changwook had then realized that he had torn the eyes out of every man in the estate with his bare hands before he had let Yoona strip while cameras were pointed at them. 

 

Changwook was willing to give the camera a good look at him but he would be damn before he let anyone but himself see an inch more of Yoona. 

 

That he knew that they were most definitely being watched was the only restraint Changwook had that would give him the strength to go through with this and not loses complete control of himself. 

 

Mentally preparing himself of what little he could for the agonizing torment that was headed his way, Changwook slips into Yoona's bed, being mindful of her long blonde hair spread across the pillows. 

 

A surge of nervousness hit Yoona as a mostly man she hadn't known for all that long climb into her bed and she had to lock her body in place to keep herself from fleeing. 

 

Was she really going to go through with this even though it wasn't real? Could she trust a man she had known for such a short time and who had been pretending to care about her all that time? 

 

Changwook was so much bigger than she was and so much stronger. If he wanted to do something to her, there was no way she had ever be able to stop him. 

 

'But he would never hurt you.' A soft voice reminded her, from the corner of her mind, effectively calming her enough that she didn't completely freak out. 

 

Strange. When the moment of truth had come, it had been the fact that this was all her idea, all part of her plan that had to reassure her; it was her faith in him, her trust that he had never hurt her, that kept her where she was. 

 

Hurting a woman just wasn't part of who Changwook was and it was that thought that gave her the strength and confidence she needed to reach for the bottom hem of her shirt and pull it up over her head, leaving her upper body clad in nothing but her white full-coverage underwire bra. 

 

Beside her, Yoona heard a sharp intake of breath. 

 

Before she lost her nerve, Yoona reaches down further under the comforter and lifting her hips off the bed, she pushes her pants down and off her legs, leaving her clad in nothing but her black bikini . 

 

Leaving them waded messily up at the foot of the bed, Yoona hesitated only long enough the draw in a deep breath for courage and ignoring the icy butterflies in her stomach, she popped her head out from under the covers. 

 

Yoona forces herself to remain calm, reminding herself over and over that she could trust Changwook, that he would never go further than she wanted him too, and that this was her idea. 

 

Changwook knew that Yoona was nervous. He could tell by the way she was breathing so fast, the sound itself was panicky. No doubt her heart was racing, just like his was. 

 

Changwook had to wonder just what had Yoona so unnerve. Didn't she trust him or was she just that freak out over being in a situation that had even the remotest possibility that she had fall pregnant regardless of the little safeguard the FBI had to arrange at her requests? 

 

Could it be that...? No. Changwook dismisses the thought before he even finishes it. 

 

Yoona was beautiful and lively. There was just no way he was the first man she had ever been in this situation with. 

 

The very idea was ridiculous; Yoona a ? There was no way. 

 

Well, whatever had Yoona so wound up, Changwook was just going to have to do his best to help her relax. Moving little more than an inch at a time, Changwook threw his legs over hers and carefully climb on top of her, supporting the majority of his weight so not to crush her. 

 

They were in a very intimate position, wearing next to nothing and that was as far as Changwook was going to let things go. He wanted Yoona more than he wanted his next breath. He wanted this to be real so badly that it was physical agony for him, he wanted it to be real more than he would ever want anything in his life, even if he lives to be one hundred but it couldn't happen. 

 

This was a show, an act and until and unless he was absolutely one hundred percent certain that this was what Yoona wanted because she wanted him, not her freedom, Changwook wasn't going to take advantage of the situation and Yoona, by doing this for real or taking it any further and on top of that, Changwook was damn sure not going to make love to Yoona with an audience. Changwook knew there were high definition cameras in both, his and Yoona's bedrooms but what he didn't know was how closely those feeds were monitor. 

 

It was sheer torment. The temptation to damn whoever might be watching and keep going, to make love to Yoona for real. It would be easy. Yoona was so swept up in the pleasure and desire that she was lost, her mind lost to the sensations and the burning hunger and sweet pleasure of her young body and he could easily take this as far as he wanted, too. He could go all the way and he knew that Yoona would never think less of him or accuse him of any wrongdoing. 

 

Yoona so obviously wanted him almost as much as he wanted her and that was what compels him the most to do the right thing, the honorable thing. Yoona deserves more, even if this was her idea, her plan. 

 

Changwook lean down until he was so close that when he spoke, his lips brush her ear, "Remember." He breathed, his words barely audible even as close as they were. He chose his words with extreme care so to communicate that they couldn't do this for real and one of the reasons why. The last thing Changwook ever wanted to do was hurt her or her feelings, "You need to make your dad believe our relationship has become intimate. Remember we are being watched." 

 

Yoona's eyes snap open and found herself staring up into Changwook's soft brown eyes and instantly, Yoona understood. 

 

Changwook wasn't going to go any further but it wasn't because he didn't want her every bit as much as she wanted him. They were being watched and they couldn't risk her getting pregnant. Her dad had sabotage Changwook's supply, Yoona knew without ever having to ask Changwook, she had even forewarned him and even though she was on the pill, they just couldn't risk taking the chance. 

 

Yoona her bottom lips into and bit down hard, battling against her rioting body that was demanding what Changwook's roaming hands and skill kisses had been promising. She wanted him to fill her, to give her the pleasure that only he could, the pleasure that she had yet to experience. 

 

Oh god, she wanted him now but the resolute will in Changwook's eyes told her that his control was too perfect, that she wasn't going to change his mind and persuade him to make love to her here and now. 

 

The man could teach patience and self-restraint to a monk. 

 

Changwook started moving over her in what was a cross between the men's and the women's push-up without lowering himself onto her enough to do more than brush against her and it was driving her crazy. 

 

Yoona gritted her teeth and desperately tried to take her mind elsewhere, not because she didn't want to be there but because if she didn't do something to at least partially distract herself then she was going to do something very bold that was very likely to be her best shot at changing his mind about faking the last half of their interlude. This was the crux of stage three of her plan. If they could sell her dad on this, if they made him believe that Changwook was giving their intimate relationship his all then, to put it bluntly, Changwook was in. 

 

If her dad believes that Changwook would give him a grandson then Changwook would gain her dad's trust and favoritism, two things that were key to eventually bringing her dad down. 

 

It was only a matter of minutes before Changwook was coated in sweat but it wasn't from the exertion of doing push-ups, he could do push-ups for quite a while before he couldn't go on and he was just getting started. No, he was sweating because it was costing him every ounce of control he had not to tear Yoona's underwear from her body and s into her, wanting to feel that tight heat he knew was waiting for him. 

 

He needed something, not necessarily a distraction but definitely something else to focus on. 

 

Changwook pulls away, straightening his arms until he was hovering above her, as far away from her lips, wet and swollen red from his previous attention as he could get without getting off of her. 

 

They were both panting heavily, their deprived lungs desperately trying to draw in more air than they had previously been getting which obviously hadn't been enough, especially given their rapidly pounding hearts. 

 

Oh, god. Yoona was looking up at him the way a woman in love look at the man she loves whom she trusted completely, whom she was blissfully happy just to be with and Changwook's self-restraint damn near shatter. Desperately, Changwook search for something, anything, to distract himself enough that he wouldn't morph into a wild derange animal and take Yoona completely and entirely, whether she wanted him to or not. 

 

If anyone else had looked at her the way Changwook was right now, Yoona would have been terrified. She would have frantically tried to escape from the vulnerable position she was in but this was Changwook. She trusted him and she wasn't going anywhere. 

 

Changwook's face was dark red, with tinges of purple moving in. His eyes were wide open and the pupils so enlarge that his eyes appear black. His neck was tightly corded and his entire body was tenses and lock in place; he wasn't moving at all other than the rapid rise and fall of his chest as his body tried desperately to catch its breath. 

 

The expression on his face, the look in his eyes was savage, wild and half-crazed. He looks like a derange predator who had been pushed beyond his limits time and time again and was ready to explode but Changwook wouldn't hurt her. He had never hurt her. Of that, Yoona was certain so there was no need to fear him. 

 

Even when he looks like a madman. 

 

In the end, it was the absence of fear and trepidation in Yoona's eyes, the trust in him that gave Changwook the strength to keep a straining hold on his control. Just enough of a hold that he didn't all but force himself on her, although judging by the look in Yoona's eyes, she was more than willing to do anything he wanted to do to her. 

 

Before that thought could go any further and make a liar out of him by breaking every promise he had ever made to Yoona to keep her safe and never hurt her, Changwook latch onto the first target he came, too. 

 

His eyes zeroed in on a target and he didn't question the impulse, even if it was something mainly reserve to curious hormone-driven teenagers. 

 

Changwook lowers himself onto her, bringing most of his weight down onto her and pressing her into the soft mattress, supporting only enough weight on his arms and legs to keep from crushing her. He was careful to make sure that his was press into the mattress and not into her heated wet core that he could feel against his belly. 

 

In doing so, Changwook had effectively still her squirming lusts-crazed body. If he was going to go through with this, with this next part, he was going to need every ounce of his self-control back that he could get and to do that, he was going to have to allow his body to cool off just a little. 

 

Channelling all his arbor and passion into the act, Changwook drops his head and latch onto her neck, just above her collarbone like a ravishing babe on the teat. Or more accurately, like a starving vampire a al maiden dry. 

 

It took Yoona's pleasure-drunk mind a few minutes to realize what Changwook was doing and another few minutes to wrap her head around it but by the end of that time, Yoona was certain of three things. First, Changwook was giving her a hickey, secondly, it was a of genius and thirdly, it felt really good. 

 

Not as good as going all the way would have, Yoona knew, but it was all she was going to get and she was ok with that. Pleasure zing through her body, in a slightly muted way than before but it was still very nice. 

 

Changwook on that one spot on her neck, pulling the skin and flesh into his mouth and running his tongue over the skin that was becoming more sensitive by the moment. He even brushes the spot with his teeth a couple of times that heighten the pleasure he was giving her to the point that Yoona moans out loud more than once. 

 

Yoona knew little about hickeys but she didn't need to be a doctor to know that this hickey was going to be the mother of all hickeys. It was going to be a visible mark that not even her inattentive dad couldn't miss. 

 

No wonder there was a whole underground vampire following. This was so , so pleasurable, so...so...wow. 

 

After a while, Changwook began moving over her again, without breaking his ling hold on her neck, grinding his groin into the bed just below the apex of her thighs, moving faster and faster. 

 

Yoona was so aroused that when Changwook began moving over her, his lower belly brushing back and forth against the core, the pleasure building from the friction, that she was lost. She was reduced to incoherent sounds of feminine pleasure as the pleasure kept building, her entire body was white hot liquid pleasure, her blood turn into hot liquid fire in her veins and all at once, the white-hot ball of sheer ecstasy low in her belly that had been pulsing and building, exploded like a supernova. 

 

Yoona was lost. She cried out, the sound loud and drawn-out as her body lifted itself into Changwook's weight over her and after what seemed like a timeless moment, Yoona went limp. Exhausted, her body drain, Yoona tiredly bask in the pleasurable sated aftermath. 

 

Changwook heard Yoona's long drawn-out ecstasy-fill cry and felt Yoona try to arch beneath him, only his weight kept her on the bed and he lost it. Yoona had an just from him her neck and the friction of their bodies moving against each other and he wasn't that far off himself. 

 

He was in agony with his need to damn all the reason why they shouldn't and just s deeply into her hot tight body that he knew would welcome him but instead, he continues to s and grind into the mattress, at the same time rubbing himself against the most heat he could feel against his lower belly. He was close, he could feel the pressure building and he wanted, needed, relief. 

 

He needed release, if only just this once. 

 

Finally, Changwook's torment ended with a loud half-growl half-groan, the drawn-out sound a cross between the cry of a wounded wild animal and that of a conquering warlord. Then he collapses on top of her, taking care to fall to the side enough that most of his weight feel on the mattress so he wasn't crushing her. 

 

Yoona sleepily wrap her arms around his neck and shoulders and held him close to her as she would have done had they made love for real. 

 

Oh lord, have mercy. If that was what they were like faking then how could either of them possibly survive if they did it for real? 

 

Beneath the sheet, Yoona's toes curl and it was all Yoona could do to keep herself from flipping Changwook onto his back and taking her turn on top and finding out the answer to her question. 

 

How was she going to survive it when the time came that Changwook left her? Changwook wasn't hers after all and one day, soon she had had to say goodbye to him. How could she now that they had share pleasure together? 

 

How could she let him go now that she was falling in love with him? 

 

It was just before five am in the morning when Changwook slips out of Yoona's room as silently and stealthily as darkness itself. 

 

His destination was once again, Sejoon's office and in his hand, he carried the tools he needed to discreetly break into the floor safe behind the enormous desk he had discovered last time. He had found nothing incriminating in his previous searches of Sejoon's office but he had found the floor safe and tonight was the night that he was going to open it and hopefully find all the evidence he needed to put Sejoon behind bars where he belongs. 

 

For life. 

 

It wasn't until just minutes before dawn started to lighten the horizon that Changwook slip back into Yoona's room and bed. 

 

Yoona stir when he gently pulled her back into his arms, making the softest feminine moan but she didn't wake up. She hadn't noticed his absence and with any luck at all, neither had anyone else. 

 

Changwook hadn't found anything in the floor safe. Everything had seemed, at least on the surface, perfectly legitimate and as Changwook laid there with Yoona sleeping soundly nestle into his side, her arm draped across his chest and the delicious feel of her semi- body against his, he couldn't bring himself to be even a little disappointed in his failure to find the incriminating evidence he had been looking for. 

 

If he wasn't careful, he was going to forget that all this wasn't real. His new badass job, all the pricey bonuses and the most tempting of all, his relationship with Yoona. It didn't feel fake. 

 

A problem he had never encounter before in all his career. 

 

When this all came to an end, one way or the other, Changwook knew that he was going to have to let her go. As far as Changwook could see, there was no future in which he had be able to keep her.

 


 

N/A: Tomorrow night I will be going to a Halloween attraction with my coworkers so I will be posting the next chapter pretty late like around when I get home. 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡