Set Me Free

Set Me Free

Chapter 4 

 

It was closed to 3 am by the time Yoona finally found herself standing at Changwook's apartment door, his apartment building only a few blocks away from the coffee shop. 

 

According to the file, Yoona had found in her dad's study, all of the information her dad had gotten on him, Changwook had been living here for just over five months but Yoona knew that wasn't true. The FBI had no doubt falsified Changwook's entire past. 

 

Escaping the estate had been just as easy as Yoona had known it would. She had been thoroughly in her planning and with her dad's security mainly intended to keep people from getting in, Yoona had managed to slip out of her dad's estate unnoticed. 

 

Of course, Yoona had spent months watching and memorizing the surveillance patterns of her dad's security and had eventually found enough flaws and gaps to formulate her escaped. Of course, the escaped route would only be able to be used once because once her dad discovered that she was gone, getting back into her dad's estate unseen was unfortunately not doable, at least not for her with her limit skill set, all the holes in his security would be seen to. 

 

It had been relatively easy after watching unnoticed for over a year. Not one of her dad's goons had even considered the idea that she might just be a threat to everything they protected. 

 

After Yoona had retrieved Changwook's address from her dad's office, her dad had no doubt had a file put together on Changwook the day after she had shared her first beverage with Changwook, she had slipped outside via the side door. The only external door that was never locked as it was used as a service door by the house staff that came and went at all hours, the highly overpaid overqualified cook slash chef came in at 4 am to start preparing breakfast. 

 

Once outside, Yoona had then weaved in-between the garden beds and the security guard's set routes until she had reached the solid brick wall. 

 

Three months ago, in preparation for what was coming, Yoona had sneaked out one night a week, never the same night of the week in a row and had, bit by bit, dug a hole under the wall. A hole that on the inside was concealed by thick healthy rose bushes and on the outside, it was hidden by a few strategically placed medium sized rocks that were flat on the top. To anyone who happened to looked, all they saw were some flat stones seemingly buried in the dirt. Yoona was also careful not to make it any bigger than it needed to be. She was on the petite side so she hadn't had to dig it too deeply but still, she had to squirm and wriggle through it; she had even had to wrestle her pink mini backpack through after her. The smaller it was, the less likely it was to be discovered and if it had been discovered before now, it was doubtful that it would be linked to her as it was hardly big enough for a medium-sized dog to squeeze through. She even used a small stick to marked the dirt with claw-liked scratches. Moving swiftly and keeping to the shadows, Yoona had put several blocks of distance between her dad's estate and herself before she had ducked into an alley and hidden behind a dumpster where she had changed out of her dirty clothes and washed her face and hands clean, using wet wipes from her backpack. 

 

Yoona hadn't bother with her dirty clothes. She had tossed them in the dumpster before continuing her way to Changwook's apartment, she had memorized the way using an online map on her dad's computer. 

 

Of course, it was password protected and it was the kind of expensive computer protection software that couldn't be hacked or bypassed. In fact, Yoona knew that entering the wrong password more than three times instantly triggered a hard-drive wipe after which no information could be retrieved but her dad's underestimation of her had paid off once again; Yoona had watched her dad entered his password more than once. More than enough times to know exactly what it was and really, her dad truly was arrogant enough to believe that he was untouchable, his files safe and secured. 

 

Could her dad be any more cliché or predictable? 

 

At least, unliked her own electronics, her dad's electronic communications weren't monitored and deleting the browser history assured that she never left a trailed whenever she needed to uses it. 

 

Upon locating Changwook's address, Yoona had taken a moment to silently thank the FBI for being so thorough. The FBI really was amazing. They had even assured that Changwook's apartment was within walking distance of the coffee shop so his presence in the area wouldn't be questioned. The drawback of that, however, was that once it was realized that she was missing, it wouldn't be long before her dad and his goons came looking for her. The first place they had looked would be Changwook's apartment and the commute there would only take a few minutes via car. 

 

So, she had better not wastes any more time procrastinating in front of Changwook's front door. 

 

The slightly run-down apartment building was three stories high and only contained twelve apartments on each floor, six on each side of the short corridor. The apartment building was old but it was surprisingly clean, even though it took a moment to realized it due to the faded wallpaper and the severely faded stained carpet beneath her feet. 

 

Yoona knocked softly on the door, just loud enough to wake Changwook but not loud enough that she risked waking his neighbors. With the low rent apartment, no doubt behind at least half of the surrounding doors had to be struggling families with children who would most likely not benefit from an interruption in their sleep. Silence. 

 

Yoona's worry for Changwook's well-being grew. What if she had been wrong? What if her dad had lied to her about leaving Changwook unharmed after she had left the coffee shop? What if he was in the hospital badly beaten or worse? 

 

Oh, god. Changwook had to be ok, he had to be. At least two people she loved had already died a terrible death because of her, she couldn't take another. 

 

Yoona desperately knocked again, louder this time, not caring if she woke the entire building. 

 

Changwook had to be alright. He just had to be. If he wasn't, Yoona wasn't sure that she could live with herself. 

 

Live without him. 

 

Without any warning, the door swung inwards to reveal a shirtless disheveled but alert Changwook staring down at her with somewhat startled and concerned eyes. 

 

"Yoona? What are you doing here? What's wrong? What happened?" 

 

Yoona was so overcome with relief that she barely heard his bombardment of urgent questions. Relieved beyond words that the man she had known for such a short period of time but care very much for was alright. 

 

Yoona threw herself forward and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face against his bare chest, not caring that he was so firm that she came close to hurting herself. 

 

Unprepared for Yoona literally throwing herself at him, Changwook stumbled backward half a stepped before he quickly regained his balance. He looked down in alarmed bewilderment at the tiny woman who clung so tightly, so desperately to him and concerned morphed into an unfamiliar fearful dread. 

 

What was wrong? What possibly could have happened that had put a woman so strong and determined into such a distressed state? 

 

Changwook quickly reached out and pushed the door closed with his left hand, the door closing behind her with a thud. In his right hand, Changwook held at the ready his black Glock with a secured and steady gripped. He had picked it up from his bedside table where he always kept it while he slept; he hadn't known who had been knocking on his door in the middle of the night and he wasn't going to be in a position where he could be taken by surprise, "Yoona?" Changwook said gently, as he allowed himself to wrap his arms around her, sensing that she needed comforting right now. He was careful to keep his Glock from brushing against her and to keep it pointed away from her. He didn't want to upset her any more than she already was. 

 

What was she doing here? How had she managed to get herself to his apartment? He knew good and well that her dad had her on lockdown on his overtly extravagant estate. Had her dad allowed her to come to him? But if that was so then where were her bodyguards? 

 

For that matter, for what possible reasoned would her dad have allowed her to come to him at 3 am in the morning? "What's wrong, Yoona? Talked to me, please. Tell me what's going on?" Ice flooded Changwook's veins as a chilling thought occurred to him. His arms tightened protectively around her ever-so-slightly. 

 

As always, when he touched her, he was very careful of his strength. She was so tiny, so fragile, that a moment's carelessness on his part could cause her pain. Everything about her called out to his protective instincts. 

 

"Did someone hurt you?" Changwook asked carefully, his tone even and controlled, even though inside, the very thought made him murderous, made him want to act out violently against her enemies, "Did your dad punished you for seeing me?" 

 

"No." Yoona mumbled, against the warm skinned of his bare chest, "I had to come. I had to see you. I was so scared that my dad had hurtled you." 

 

Understanding dawn and Changwook couldn't help but smiled a little with male satisfaction at the thought that she had been so worried about him that she had sneaked out and run to him in the middle of the night. Although the dangered Yoona had put herself in doing so didn't please him at all. In fact, it wiped any trace of a grinned from his face. 

 

Good god. How was she still alive? Changwook had never known a woman so reckless with her own safety in his entire life. Had she given a single thought as too how dangerous her little stunt had been? Not only was there her dad and his small army of armed men whose job was to keep her contained to worry about but then, there were the usual dangered a lone woman faced on the streets of a major city in the middle of the night. 

 

Anything could have happened to her. The immediate neighborhood wasn't a bad one but it wasn't a particularly nice one either. It was a small miracle that she had made it to him unhindered. 

 

Wasn't Yoona in enough dangered already without adding to it? What was he going to do with her? 

 

"I'm ok," Changwook assured her and released a draw-out sighed. He wanted to lecture her on the dangerousness of what she had just done but instead, he focused on how good it felt to hold her in his arms, especially without several pairs of cold eyes glued to them. 

 

It occurred to Changwook that this was the first time they had been truly alone together, in any capacity and Changwook liked it so much more than he should have. 

 

Changwook had prepared himself for a lot of things when he had accepted this assignment. He had tried to consider every possibility and scenario but his strong reaction to Yoona had completely blindsided him. There was no possible way he could have prepared himself for her, for her guts and her spirit, not to mention, his extremely potent physical responses to her. 

 

How could this deeply caring and selfless pretty woman be the daughter of the man he had devoted his entire life to bringing down? 

 

That was what was tearing Changwook's insides apart. He knew he had the capacity to loved this woman but could he let himself fall for her, knowing what blood ran through her veins? Could he really love the daughter of the man who had murdered his parents in cold blood before his young eyes? And would loving Yoona, being with her, betrayed his parent's memory? It was one thing to uses her to bring the murdering monster down but it was another altogether to fall for her. 

 

What was he going to do? 

 

Now that Yoona knew that Changwook was safe, she was in heaven. She felt so warm and so safe in Changwook's arms. Safe. Something she hadn't felt in a long time, not since her mom had died. The feeling of complete safety and security of being trapped and pressured for so long was heavenly. 

 

With his arms around her, holding her closed, Yoona felt like nothing could touch her. Not her dad, not Kai, not even the sorrow and loss her mom's death had left behind. 

 

Yoona wanted to stay right where she was forever. She wanted to forget everything outside of Changwook's arms and remain right here. 

 

Changwook was so strong. Yoona could feel the restrained strength of his body that was wrapped protectively around her. His arms were well muscled and were somewhat heavy on her shoulders but his hold was gentle. Gentle while at the same time, his arms offered her the security and the safety she craved for. His chest beneath her cheek and his back beneath her hands were hard and well-toned, the muscles well defined without being bulging and he was so hard. He felt liked he was made of solid steel beneath his skinned. Yoona could feel his muscles flexing and rippling beneath her touched with every slight moved he made. 

 

A minute ago, when Yoona had first come into contact with him, his skinned had felt cool, most likely from being up in the cool pre-dawn hours without a shirt but now, he felt warm beneath her touched and Yoona had been cold from the cold night air but not now. The more aware Yoona became of Changwook and his semi- state, which she was clinging too liked a lifeline, the hotter she felt but even though a blushed was spreading across her face, neck and down beneath her navy heather starfish v-neck tunic shirt, the heat spreading through her wasn't caused by embarrassment. 

 

Well, not mostly due to embarrassment. 

 

Up until her mom had died, Yoona had lived with her mom and because of who her mom had feared, Yoona had spent most nights at home and those that she hadn't, Yoona had spent with a close friend. 

 

While everyone else had been dating, Yoona had been learning from her mom how to stayed safe, how to stayed hidden but more than that, Yoona had devoted her entire life to taking care of her mom just as devotedly as her mom had taken care of her. 

 

While her mom had worked to bring money home, Yoona had been doing housework and completing her homework. She had tried her hand at cooking but Yoona really had no talent when it came to preparing a meal, unlike her mom who could conjure up an exquisite meal seemingly out of thin air and then her mom had died and in a way, Yoona too had died. She had shut everything inside of her down, awakening just a little in the presence of her friends but when she had been taken by her dad, everything good in her had shut down completely, forcing her to turned to her rage and hatred of her dad to keep herself going. She had been using her rage and her hate to fuel herself on in her mission to bring down the man who had destroyed her life. 

 

That was how she had endured. How she had endured her dad and his sick obsession, her captivity in a gilded cage, with everything. That was until the moment Yoona had first laid eyes on Changwook. It was then, looking into his brown eyes that the part of her that she had sealed away had stirred. 

 

It wasn't until this very moment that Yoona realized that that was it. That what she was feeling was desire. Yoona wanted Changwook. She had never wanted any man before but she wanted Changwook. She wanted him physically and she wanted to be with him and she wanted so much more than that. She wanted so much more than she should. Shocked by her realization, Yoona bows her head and reluctantly pulled herself out of Changwook's arms. He let her go without hesitation, without objection but she could feel his eyes on her. 

 

Reality returned to the both of them liked a dousing of icy water. 

 

Changwook sighed in frustration, running his hand through his hair, both relieve and irritated that Yoona had pulled away. He guessed it was a good thing that Yoona had pulled away from him before she had become aware of his reaction to holding her so intimately closed to him. Fortunately, the situation hadn't become blatantly obvious but it had quickly been heading that way. 

 

"I had better put a shirt on." Changwook told her and then indicated at his three seater couch that was well used but in good condition, "Have a seat. I will be right back." 

 

Changwook swiftly left the room, taking a moment to pulled on a blue short sleeve shirt; if they were going to talk, it would be for the best that he was decently dressed and then Changwook spent an entire minute in the bathroom, splashing cold water on his face. 

 

Yoona had obeyed Changwook without even realizing that she had done so. She had taken a seat on the well-used couch that was slightly longer than your average couch, maybe so Changwook could lay on it comfortably, although it wasn't that long. If Changwook laid on it, he had still had to bend his legs a little. There were no visible stains or tears in the fabric and the cushion supported her well enough. It didn't have the firmness of a brand new couch but she hadn't sunk deeply into it either. 

 

In the corner was a small wooden chest of drawers that had seen better days. It was the size of a bedside table and had chocolate brown circular plastic handles. On top of it sat an LCD television, the size of a wide-screen computer monitor. 

 

It was the only thing in the apartment that Yoona could see that looked new. Everything else looked old and well-used but at the same time, everything was without significant damaged or signs of wear. From the low wooden coffee table with stubby fat round legs that took up a portion of the spaced between the couch and the window, to the extremely faded but intact maroon and cream floor mat beneath her feet and that was all the furniture that Yoona could see. No doubt Changwook had at least a bed in his bedroom and he had a toaster, a kettle and a small coffee maker sitting on the countered top in the small kitchenette but there was nothing else. 

 

There was absolutely nothing personal on displayed. No photographs or posters, not even a piece of art on the wall. 

 

This wasn't a home. It was a placed for Changwook to exists when he had nothing else to do. 

 

Was this the FBI's doing? Was this the apartment of an undercover agent or was this the one area in which the FBI had failed to impressed her? 

 

Or was it possible that this was how Changwook chose to have his apartment, even if it was solely for the purposed of his cover? 

 

Yoona had no idea but sadly, she suspected that it was the latter, that Changwook didn't know how to make a place a home. If he had then Yoona knew enough about Changwook to know that he would have insisted upon a homelier apartment. 

 

Changwook stepped out of his bedroom, relatively sure that his libidinous desire had cooled off enough, only to discover that he was wrong. Very wrong. 

 

The sight of Yoona sitting on his couch, looking around and taking in his apartment that wasn't really his, made him paused. Yoona somehow looked even smaller than usual, more vulnerable. That was it. He had never seen her looked so emotionally vulnerable and mentally exhausted. It was as if the reality of the impossible situation she was trapped within had finally succeeded in wearing her down. He couldn't see any of her usual fierce drive or iron will in the hapless woman who was looking up at him now. 

 

How much of what Changwook had seen of Yoona was real? How much of it had been an act? Was she acting now or was this a moment in which Yoona was feeling particularly run-down and vulnerable? 

 

It was so frustrating. Never knowing for sure what was really her and what was part of the act for her dad. Changwook slowly took a seat on the couch beside her, intentionally leaving a couple of inches of empty-spaced between them and then he turned his full attention to her, fighting to ignore the heat of his desire for her that still hadn't cooled to less than a simmer. 

 

"Yoona, what are you doing here?" Changwook asked her, his tone serious but gentle. He wasn't angry with her anymore at the risked she had taken to come to him but the fact remained that she had taken a great risked in coming to him. A risked only made worse by her dad's disapproval of him and Changwook needed to know why. Why had she taken the risked? Was it just because it was part of her plan to bring down her dad or had she told him the truth when she had said that she had been truly afraid for his welfare? 

 

Yoona didn't look at him. Now that she knew that Changwook was alright, she felt awkward and unsure, more so now than when she had clung to his half- body. She felt doubt and insecure, emotions born of her undeniable attraction to Changwook and her own inadequacy with the opposite . Maybe she shouldn't have come. 

 

Yoona briefly closed her eyes, summoning some courage, 'Played the part liked they are always watching.' She whispered to herself, reminding herself of her plan, her own words but that was her problem; it didn't feel liked she was playing a part anymore. Not here, not now. Not with him. Was that what was making her feel so awkward and unsure of herself? That Changwook made her feel things that she had never felt before and didn't want to feel while she was being crushed under her dad's sick twisted obsession. 

 

"I had to know that you were alright," Yoona told his coffee table, that sat in front of the couch. It matched the rest of the apartment, it was old, obviously pre-owned with scratches and coffee cup rings on its surfaced that had once been varnished, "What did he say to you after I left?" 

 

"He warned me to stayed away from you," Changwook answered, not even considering the idea of lying to her. Yoona had enough men in her life who had lied to her and betrayed her. He was never going to be one of them. Changwook wasn't sure when he had become set on that but he was determined to stick by it. No matter what. 

 

"I never knew your dad was so overprotective of you." Changwook went on, subtly leading the conversation in the direction that would get him answers while staying in character; there was no way of knowing if Yoona, herself was bug or not. He swept his apartment daily for listening devices but there were amazing pieces of spy technology available that could be hidden in the smallest and most innocent of places. A button. A shoe. Anything Yoona wore or carried with her could have a listening or tracking device concealed within it. 

 

That was the most ingenious part of Yoona's planned; her instruction to stick to their cover every moment of every day but that being said, there were answers Changwook wanted and through all of this, there had been one thing that had never made senses to him, one thing that had continued to bug him ever since he had been made aware of Yoona's existence and the opportunity she had offered. 

 

Why was her dad doing this to her? Yoona kept hinting that there was something her dad wanted from her but what was it? What was preventing her from just giving it to him so she could have her coveted freedom from him? What could be so important to her that she absolutely refused to surrender it to her captor? 

 

Yoona scoffed, her hatred and disdain for her dad plain in her tone and on her face, "Trust me; he's not liked this because he's overprotective of me. The truth is that he couldn't care less about me. All I'm to him is a difficult means to an end, a means to get what he wants more than anything. It's his sick twisted obsession that I can't escape." 

 

"Which is?" Changwook prompted her to go on after a long moment of silence. Maybe he could get her dad what he wanted and buy Yoona's freedom with it. He could bring Sejoon down another way, another day. 

 

Yoona sighed heavily with burdened sadness and finally raised her gazed to meet his, "You know who and what my dad is. You know he's killed people, innocent people and done really terrible things to claw his way to the top of the family and you know that a short while before he came for me, my brother was killed in a drive-by shooting in retaliation by another family. Sangho was my dad's only son and thanks to a brush with testicular cancer years ago, my dad can't have any more children." 

 

Changwook still didn't understand. There was something he was missing here. He felt liked it was right in front of his face but he wasn't seeing it. Liked a puzzled right before those last few pieces slid into place, "So your dad came after you, his only living child? Why? Is he scared of losing you as he lost his son so he's keeping you safe in his own twisted way?" 

 

Yoona laughed bitterly, "It's not about keeping me safe. It's about his sick obsession to have a grandson. One of his blood." She bows her head, unable to look at him while she spoke the sickening truth, "My dad is keeping me, prisoner, because he wants a grandchild from me." 

 

Tears flooded her eyes and Yoona closed her eyes in a vain attempt to hold them back, "Since I was three years old when my mom left my dad after he came home one night saturated in blood, my mom did everything she could to keep us, me, hidden from my dad. He didn't come looking for us but my mom lived everyday liked he was hunting for us even though the deal between the two of them held for years. My dad got my brother, my mom never forgave herself for leaving Sangho and my mom and I were free of the life. The cost of our freedom was her son, my brother. It tore my mom apart but she always did her best to hide it from me." 

 

Yoona drew in a deep trembling breath before she went on, "But then, my brother was killed and my dad lost it completely. He wasn't altogether sane when my mom left him but after he lost Sangho, he became completely unhinged." 

 

Not wanting to see the expression on Changwook's face but unable to sit there with him as she let it all spill out, Yoona rose to her feet and without looking at him, she crossed the small living room to the window and looked out over the dark deserted street below without really seeing it. 

 

"My mom used to tell me stories of what my dad was liked before everything went to hell." Yoona shivered despite the moderate temperature in the apartment and in an effort to find some warmth, some comfort, she wrapped her arms around herself. 

 

"My mom truly did love my dad and in her own way, she loved him until the day she died. My mom used to tell me how charming, funny and full of life my dad was before he was accepted into the ranks of the family. How he made her laughed and feel so cherished. How happy they both were the day I was born. Back then, my mom firmly believes that my dad wasn't capable of hurting anyone." 

 

Yoona swallowed against the lumped in caused by the memory of her mom's pain, "But by the time my brother was born, there was nothing left of that man in my dad and by that point, my mom only stayed with him because she was scared. Scared of him and what he would do if she tried to leave. He never hurtled her, never threatened her but my mom knew what he would do if he thought she had betrayed him. It wasn't until that night that she found him in the bathroom, washing bloods from his hands and taking off his blood-soaked clothes that she realized that if she didn't leave then she was risking the safety of her children. So, she hatched a planned to leave him and disappeared but unfortunately, my dad found out. My mom could never have known just how closely she was being watched." 

 

Yoona wrapped her arms tighter around herself as if she were physically holding herself together, "My dad must have realized that my mom couldn't stay with him anymore, not with what he had become and rather than forced my mom to remain, he told her to take me and leave but Sangho had to stay. He needed his son if he was ever going to become head of the family." 

 

"It nearly killed my mom and in a way, I guessed it did but she took me and she ran. She spent the next one and a half decades on the run, hiding from my dad. Hiding me from my dad." A ghost of a hallow smiled spread across her lips, "I'm just thankful that my mom didn't live to endure her son's death or her daughter's fate. She would have willingly died that night he came for me rather than allowed my dad to take me and now, I'm my own dad's prisoner, just as my mom once was, with the same price for my freedom hanging over my head. A son." Yoona felt physically nauseous at the thought and she understood how her mom must have felt when she had been forced to leave Sangho behind, "He wants a son from me in exchange for my freedom. The one thing that I will never give him. So here I am, waiting for the day that my dad's patience comes to an end and he tries to force me to give him what he so desperately wants." Yoona shuddered again, in disgusts and continued to fight against her stomachs urged to vomit. 

 

Changwook wanted to go to her, to wrapped his arms around her and give her the comfort she was so desperately trying to give herself. He wanted to promised that everything was going to be alright, that he would never let anything liked that happened to her and that he would get her away from her dad no matter what. He wanted to take her away from here, tonight and spend the rest of his life keeping her safe. Yoona needed to be safe; he needed her to be safe but Changwook didn't trust himself to move. His entire body was rigid as he struggled against his violent impulses, his primal urged to act, to fight to protect what was his but Changwook wanted more than to take her away. He wanted to act, to do something. The rage burning inside of him was demanding the monster's life. 

 

What kind of man not only kept his daughter prisoner but allowed the threat of to hover over her head? And that was what Yoona was talking about when she said she was waiting for the day her dad's patience snapped. What kind of dad would do that to his own daughter? Changwook had very few memories of his own dad but what he remembered was a good and gentleman who had never harmed or allowed harmed to come to his wife or son or anyone else. His dad had been a cop, a simple traffic cop but he had been a good and honest cop, a good man. 

 

What must it be liked to have your own flesh and blood, someone who was meant to protect and nurture you, be your most dangerous enemy? 

 

In his line of worked, Changwook had seen the lowest of the low of mankind and he had seen the best as well and he knew well that there were no ends to the atrocities that people could do to each other but this was something else. 

 

"But that's not the worst of it." Yoona went on in that gut-wrenching wretched tone of hers, drawing his attention back to her, "The day my dad kidnapped me, I was staying with some friends. Yuri, her husband Yunho, Yunho's brother, Byunghee and their little baby boy, Woojoo." Tears slipped free of Yoona's eyes, making their way down her haunted face, "They loved me liked a sister and I loved them no less. I can still hear their screams, so often they haunt my dreams. Yunho's brother was the first to die. They shot him point blank in the heart. He didn't stand a chance." 

 

A loud sobbed escaped Yoona's throat, "Of course, I didn't know that at the time. Yuri and I were upstairs with Woojoo but I knew the sound of a gunshot when I heard it, despite the silence. I could hear Yunho downstairs, shouting up to Yuri to get out of the house. Yuri didn't want to leave him, she loved him so much but I made her. I helped her out the window and then passed down her son. I told her to run and not to stopped. It was only seconds later that they found me and took me downstairs. I don't know how I knew straight-off that it was my dad who had come for me at last, I just did. I thought maybe I could save Yunho. Somehow." 

 

"But I was a fool." Yoona was sobbing wretchedly at this point when she turned and finally looked at him with her heart-broken tear-filled eyes, "Even though he had me, my dad still killed him. He didn't have to kill Yunho; there was no reasoned for it. He wasn't resisting them. When I came downstairs, Yunho knew that his wife and child were out of the house but the way he looked at me in that moment, even though he knew he was going to died, I swear he was thanking me for getting his wife and son out. For saving them. I beg my dad not to kill him but he didn't even glance my way. They dragged me out of the house while Kai killed him and then they set the house ablaze." 

 

"Two innocent people died because of me, because of whose daughter I am. It's because of me that Yuri lost her husband and that Woojoo will never know his dad. Yuri doesn't even have the house she adored so much anymore." Yoona drew in a deep shaky breath and pulled herself out of the memory, "And that's why we have to stop this. Forget about everything. Forget about me. I will take my own life before I let my dad have what he wants from me but I can't let anyone else died because of me. It would be worse than death, it would destroy me." 

 

Changwook rose to his feet and went to her, crossing the room in a few long strides. He needed to comfort her, that was the most important thing right now, more important than his own rage at finally understanding just how much she had and continued to endure. 

 

Yoona hid it well but inside, she was suffering terribly. All because of her own dad; a man so evil that not even his own daughter was spared from the trail of carnage he continued to leave in his wake. 

 

Changwook only admired her all the more and respected her immense inner strength that few ever had the chance to see. This woman had a spine of solid iron and a fierce will that could put mother nature herself to shame. 

 

"Yoona." 

 

"No." Yoona said firmly, and then she lowered her voice until he could only just barely hear her and leaned in closer to him, "I care about you, Changwook Oppa. I know I shouldn't, I know it's stupid but somewhere along the way, I didn't have to act anymore. I know this is your job, I know you came in as eyes opened as anyone can be but I can't let anything happened to you, Oppa. I wouldn't be able to survive it. If my dad finds out who you really are, he won't hesitate to kill you and I can't let that happened." 

 

Yoona gave him a tiny sorrowful smiled that didn't reach her tormented eyes. 

 

"Everyone around me dies." 

 

Changwook closed the last distance between them and gently cupped her cheek in one hand as he pulled her into his arms with his other. He looked down into her anguished-filled eyes and fell a little more in love with her. Changwook suddenly didn't care if anyone was listening. The Bureau, her dad, they could all go to hell. He didn't care. Yoona was living in her own personal hell, one she couldn't escape from on her own but one she would willingly endure rather then loses him, the one man who had any hope of freeing her. 

 

"I don't care," Changwook whispered to her, the steel in his voice was unmistakable. For the first time in his life, he wasn't afraid to care about someone. Really care. He would rather live with the risked of losing her and with her, his will to live than to live his life without taking this chance. On her. On loved. 

 

"I care too much about you to loses you because of some nutcase." Changwook declared, with heartfelt honesty, "Even if he is your dad." Even if the man had killed his parents, "That kissed..." He trailed off, unable to find the right word to do their first kissed justice. 

 

She looked up into his eyes and with a flashed of both, feared and hope, Yoona saw that Changwook meant every word and that humbled her but she still had to find a way to make him understand that it was just too dangerous, that she had come to see that her entire planned was folly, "I felt it too, but my dad, he really will kill you, Oppa. Ever since my brother died, he's been completely obsessed. He's no longer sane and I don't think he has been for a long time now. My mom knew something of what he was capable of, that's why she spent years carefully keeping us hidden." 

 

"I don't care," Changwook repeated softly, and without waiting for another second, he kissed her. He reached out, gently wrapped his hand around the back of her neck and pulled her against him where he claimed her lips beneath his own, wordlessly devouring liked she was the most delicious delicacy he had ever tasted. Beneath the gentle coaxing onslaught of Changwook's all-consuming kisses, Yoona felt everything slowly fade away and after a minute, Yoona couldn't even remember what had been so important that she had tried to warn Changwook away. What was wrong with her? How could she have possibly forgotten what it was liked to be kissed by this man? The way he kissed her made her feel so cherished, safe, warm, desire and beautiful but at the same time, he made her feel so strong, so grown up. 

 

Until her dad had violently forced his way back into her life, Yoona had always felt awkward and out of place in the dating world. In so many ways, she had still been stuck in that awkward teenage phases. Her mom had always been so overprotective and loving that she had been one stepped short of being smothering. As a result, Yoona had still felt liked that unsure teenage girl in this kind of situations but then, her dad had kidnapped her and Yoona had been forced to grow up. She had, out of necessity, rid herself of her girlhood nativity, innocence, and idealism in ordered to survive in her dad's violent world. 

 

At least that was the truth in all areas but this one. Yoona hadn't realized it until now but in man and woman relations, she was still that teenage girl who didn't know how magical it could be but with Changwook, he made her feel liked a woman in all ways, the man in him called out to everything woman in her and he made her want to be a woman in all ways. 

 

Yoona wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling herself closer to him, crushing herself against his hard lean body, deepening their kissed and just liked that, what had started out gentle but ravenous became something so much more delicious. The burning flame inside of her became an inferno, a supernova and Yoona couldn't get enough. She couldn't get close enough to him, couldn't touch enough of him. She couldn't get enough of his taste or his touched. 

 

Changwook's hungered changed, his kisses morphing into those of feverous passion, devouring with an insatiable hungered while his large hands roamed her body. Up and down her back, her neck and her shoulders, her hips and her waist. His large hands seemed to be everywhere all at once, making her skinned tingle and her body burn, his fingers digging into her flesh with controlled and carefully measured strength. 

 

Not once, in the briefest of moments, did his touched give her anything but pleasure. 

 

Oh, how she needed this. To be reminded that a men's touched could be tendered and gentle, that a man could want her without causing her pain or terror. For so long, she had been justifiably wary of the men around her, even afraid and it was such a massive relief not to have to be, even if only for a short while. 

 

Changwook's lips abandoned , giving them both a chance to draw in a much-needed breath, to trailed a path along her jaw, tasting and nipping at her flesh until he reached her ear. 

 

Yoona was legless. She seemed to have been drained of every ounce of her strength until it was only Changwook's gripped holding her plastered against him that kept her upright. She could do nothing but bask in the pleasure he was giving her with his mouth and his talented hands. She never wanted this to stopped. She wanted more. She wanted to feel Changwook's touched on every inched of her body. She wanted to give him back the pleasure he was giving her. 

 

Oh, sweet lord. She wanted him. 

 

Changwook her earlobe into his mouth and gently bit down before the delicate flesh to eases the barely noticeable throb, causing Yoona to moaned loudly, lost in the madding storm of pleasure, heat, and desire. Yoona wanted him. She wanted him more than she had ever wanted anything in her life. She wanted to lose herself in Changwook and the pleasure she knew he could give her. She wanted him to brand her as his own in the mating ritual as old as the human race itself. She wanted to give herself to him in a way she had never given herself to anyone else before. 

 

Yoona wanted to give Changwook everything. Every part of her until no one anywhere could deny that she completely and forevermore belong to him. 

 

Changwook's hands suddenly left her body but before Yoona could even utter a sound of protests, Changwook had bent down, curled one arm around her legs, the other went around her shoulders and swept her off the floor and into his strong arms. 

 

Yoona hadn't a shred of fear that he had dropped her. Changwook was far too protective and strong for him to let such a thing ever happened. 

 

Not wanting to be deprived of any contact with him for even a moment, Yoona pulled herself up and clamped her lips down on his, kissing him with all the raging passion burning inside of her. 

 

Yoona hadn't realized just how starved she had been for affectionate human contact, how alone she had been for so long. Not just for physical human contact but also for kindness. Changwook listened to her, care for her and it only made her care for him all that much more. 

 

Yoona expected Changwook to carry her into his bedroom but instead, he laid her gently down on the couch as carefully as if she were a precious porcelain doll. Without breaking their kiss, Changwook followed her down, covering her body with his much larger harder body, all the while supporting the bulk of his own weight on his elbows and knees, in ordered to avoid crushing her. 

 

Taking advantage of his position that put scarcely an inched of spaced between them, Yoona worked her hands down, her hands spread wide as she ran her hands over him, exploring and basking in him and her freedom to touched him as she please. His shoulders were thick and hard, his muscles tight as he easily held his own weight as he hovers over her. 

 

Yoona ventured lowered. 

 

His pectorals were solid and well-defined, with not an ounce of loose flesh to be found, making Yoona purred into his mouth in feminine approval. His chest was vasts and hard beneath his shirt. His man s hardened beneath her palms in responses to her touched. 

 

Yoona moved her hands lowered. 

 

His abs were well-defined and his stomach was flat and liked the rest of him, hard. 

 

Good god, had this man been sculpted or what? She could spend the rest of her life searching the planet and she very much doubted that she had found a perfect male specimen. 

 

The FBI truly had given her their very best and as Yoona explored him, Changwook took full advantage of the opportunity to explore her delicate soft petite body, all the while being vigilant in keeping his weight off of her so he wouldn't crush her beneath his greater weight. She was so tiny that it was a real concerned for him. 

 

Yoona's skinned was so incredibly soft and smooth. She was incredibly soft and petite; standing straight the top of her head only just came to his shoulder but despite her petite sized, Yoona was a woman in full in all the right places, from the voluptuous curves of her hips and backside to her high firm s that were generous given her body type. Yoona was exploring his own body unabashedly but Changwook restrained himself, forcing himself to keep his hands from wandering too far. There was something about her. Something he couldn't name that made him suspect that she wasn't as experienced as her confidence made her seem to be. 

 

While keeping one hand looped around the back of Yoona's neck, both cushioning her head and keeping firmly in placed with his own, Changwook's free hand was making its way downward, gently caressing the soft flesh just below her collarbone, all the way down to her chest where he cupped her side, the tip of his thumb brushing against the outer side of her . 

 

Yoona moaned into his mouth and lifted her body, seeking more of his touched. 

 

Changwook was tempted but didn't want to push the limits of his controlled. Instead of heeding her body's demands, to touched her where her body needed him too, Changwook kept going lowered, moving his hand from her side to her flat abdomen where he pressed his palm against the soft flesh of her belly. 

 

His hand came damn close to spanning the entire width of her belly. 

 

Changwook returned his lips to hers, needing another taste of her. He delved his tongue past her lips and into , demanding her tongue dance passionately with his. 

 

Beneath his tantalizing magical touched and plundering kisses, Yoona burns, she hungered. Changwook's touched was electric, making her entire body hum and writhe. She was burning. She felt so alive, so electrified, that she never wanted it to end but at the same time, the firestorm of heat, desire and pleasure was building to unfamiliar heights. She didn't know how much more of this she could take without coming apart, without exploding but Yoona wanted more. Why wouldn't he give her more? Why wouldn't he touch her where her body wanted to experience his touched the most? 

 

In responses to her body's urgent demands, Changwook broke their kiss and trailed his way down her neck and clamped down on that sensitive spot between her neck and collarbone. There, he and until Yoona was arching with abandon pleasure beneath him, filling his ears with feminine sounds of pleasure. 

 

Changwook just couldn't get enough of her taste. He could spend the next three days doing this but it still wouldn't be enough. The rest of his life wouldn't be enough. She tasted liked everything pure and forbidden in the world. Liked milk and honey and sunlight. She was a goddess, a deity, a mythical creature that was just too good to be true. From her silky blonde hair to her white skinned and lips, to her deeply caring fragile heart, to her indomitable strength and will, Changwook was bewitched by her. 

 

Yoona clung desperately to him, her hands clutching fistfuls of his shirt as he worked his magic on her neck, only vaguely aware of his hand working its way down her side. He laid his hand on her belly for a long moment before returning it to her side and continuing on its courses south. 

 

Coming to a stopped on her upper thigh where Changwook cupped the outside of her thigh, his fingers kneading the flesh and the muscle beneath in the most delicious manner. 

 

In responses, Yoona drew her feet up towards her body, bending her knees and inadvertently causing Changwook's leg to finds his between hers, his thigh coming to rest in the apex of her thigh. 

 

Yoona let out a deep drawn-out purring moaned as her eyes rolled back into her head and she lifted her body, pressing herself into Changwook from to thighs. 

 

Was it possible to die from pleasure? Yoona felt so hot, how was she not setting the apartment around them on fire? Her skinned felt so tingly and sensitive that the material of the couch beneath her felt coarse and prickly. Her heart was beating so fast that she could hear her pulses and she couldn't catch her breath. She was panting like a heavy-coated dog on a hot summer day. 

 

Yoona wanted so much more. 

 

Yoona began to rub herself against Changwook's thigh but it still wasn't enough. Yoona wanted to howl in frustration; she felt liked she was going to died if she had to endured this sweet pleasurable tortured anymore but at the same time, she would rather die then for this to stop. She didn't want this to end. She wanted more. Yoona wanted him. She wanted Changwook. She wanted him to be hers and she wanted to be his. In all ways. She wanted to feel him inside of her as they became one, one body, one flesh, one soul. 

 

One heart. 

 

Changwook groaned against her neck. He was struggling to maintain control of himself, even as he curled his hand around the back of her thigh and pulled her thigh up until she was all but riding his invading thigh. Changwook could feel the heat of her against his invading thigh and the both of them were very aware of the hard budge poking Yoona in the belly. 

 

It was all Changwook could do to keep his inner caveman from taking control of himself in the storm of mating lusts and ripping their clothes from both their bodies. 

 

He wasn't going to take her liked some wild animal only interested in his own pleasure, damn it. 

 

Changwook squeezed his eyes shut and lowered enough of his weight down onto her to still her writhing body and then he forced his own body into stillness while drawing in long deep breaths of cool air. 

 

If Changwook didn't stop now then there would be no stopping and there was no way in hell that he was going to let this happened now because it would come too close to taking advantage of her. 

 

Yoona had come to him in a highly distressed state because she was in a highly vulnerable position. She had been crying only...how long ago had it been? 

 

Changwook didn't know. He had no senses of time. They could have been making out for minutes or hours, he couldn't tell. 

 

His body really hated him right now and it wasn't making any efforts to hide the fact from him. He was so aroused that he was in pain, his length straining against his pants. He didn't need to look to know that his pants were tented. 

 

Oh god, how he wanted her and Changwook knew that there was nothing stopping him if he decided to take her. They were alone; there were no watchful eyes on them tonight. Yoona was so lost to her desire and the demands of her body that she was in no state to stop him. 

 

He could have her. Right here. Right now. 

 

Hell itself couldn't devise a more alluring temptation for him and that was why Changwook had to stopped this. Yoona had come to him in a vulnerable state. He couldn't take advantage of her. 

 

'Well, you could.' Whispered a devil's voice in his mind. 

 

Changwook growled at the voice. He could but he shouldn't. 

 

On top of the whole taking advantage thing, there were all those syndromes and such that the FBI loved to constantly remind their undercover agents about. He was there in an official capacity and it could be argued, not by him but his superior, that Yoona was only infatuated with him because he was there to saved her and that was something Changwook hadn't had to deal with in the span of his short but highly successful career; he had already brought down a dozen criminals that no one else had been able to touch. 

 

While his mind was producing many reasons as to why this was a bad idea, Changwook's body still didn't give a damn. It was all Changwookk could do to keep himself still. 

 

"Changwook Oppa?" 

 

Yoona didn't know what had stopped Changwook so abruptly but she wasn't naïve enough to immediately feared that it was something she had done. She was old enough to know that Changwook wanted her. She could feel how much he wanted her. The proof of his desire was still pressed intimately against her belly but Changwook had his face pressed into her shoulder, his entire body locked in position on top of her as if he were afraid to move a single muscle. 

 

"We can't do this," Changwook muttered, against her shoulder. 

 

Yoona would never have done it before now but a little demon found its way into her mind and with a sassy grinned on her flushed face, she wriggled her hips just enough to make her point. 

 

"Really?" There was more than a little amusement in her playful tone. 

 

What sounded suspiciously like a strained tormented growl vibrated through her shoulder. 

 

"Stopped that!" He hissed, but there was no angered in his tone, just tension, and frustration. 

 

Yoona bit her lips to keep from laughing. It felt so good, only in a different way then it had a few moments ago. Changwook raised his head to find her face alight with mirth, a broad smiled and shining eyes greeted his eyes and he gave her a playfully accusing glared. 

 

"You betrayed the image of a good girl but at your core, you are a demoness, aren't you? Sent to Earth to torment good-hearted men liked me. To make us suffer." 

 

Yoona released her lips from beneath her teeth and laughed, "And don't you forget it." 

 

Changwook stared at her, unable to look away for anything. Was this a true glimpse at what Yoona had been liked before her dad had ruined her life? Was this carefree, cheeky and sassy young woman who Yoona had been before the monster that was her dad had found her? 

 

They continued to stare at each other for a long time until Yoona finally broke the enchantment they had been trapped within. 

 

"Why are you looking at me liked that?" Yoona whispered, staring up at him with her sparkling eyes. 

 

"Liked what?" Changwook asked. How was he looking at her? 

 

"With wondered. You looked at me liked you can't bring yourself to believe I'm real." 

 

There was a touched of sadness in her voice that Changwook didn't understand, sadness that reached her eyes and made her expression seemed softly affectionate. 

 

Changwook didn't trust himself to kiss her again, as he wanted too, but he had to touch her. He gently brushed her hair back from her face, caressing the side of her head tenderly, "That's because I can't. You are nothing of what I expected you to be." 

 

Yoona understood, "You expected me to be a daughter worthy of my dad." She whispered. 

 

Changwook didn't deny it, "Instead I find the exact opposite." 

 

The silence stretched between them again, until Changwook sighed and reluctantly roses himself up and got off of her, needing the space to think and to cool down. He then gently pulled Yoona up into a sitting position and roses to his feet. 

 

"I need coffee," Changwook stated. He hopes the hot drink would help soothe his still frustrated body, "Would you liked a cup?" 

 

"I will take a hot chocolate if you have any." 

 

Changwook paused. He didn't. He didn't drink hot chocolate and he didn't have any friends or colleagues who did. 

 

Yoona couldn't help but smile at the unsure expression on his face. He didn't have any hot chocolate and he most likely didn't want to be rude by asking her if she was seriously asking him for something she knew he wouldn't have in his kitchen. 

 

Changwook didn't drink anything but coffee. 

 

"Do you have tea?" Yoona asked, not hiding any of her amusement, "If not, I will settle for some warm milk." "Warm milk it is." 

 

Yoona chuckled as she watched Changwook cross his small apartment to the kitchenette where he busied himself with making their drinks. 

 

"After you finished, I will drive you back," Changwook told her, from across the room. 

 

Yoona turned to looked at him, "Back?" And then it hit her. He means back to her dad's mansion, "There's no point. I can't get back in undetected. In the morning, I will let them find me at Victoria's." 

 

"Will your dad punished you again?" Changwook asked, as he reached into his small refrigerator and pulled out the milk. 

 

Now that her body had cool down and Changwook was no longer holding her complete attention, the early hour was weighing down on her. She could feel her exhaustion creeping up on her and she wondered if she would get to drink her warm milk. 

 

Yoona lowered herself back down on the couch and shifted her body until she found a comfortable position. 

 

"Most likely," Yoona answered, tucking her hands beneath her head and closing her eyes. She wanted to sleep and the couch was becoming more comfortable by the second, "But the worst he's done since taking me back has been grounding me." 

 

Yoona didn't hear Changwook's reply. She was already drifting off to sleep. 

 

It took Changwook a few minutes to warm up Yoona's milk on the stove but finally, it was warm enough. 

 

Changwook made his coffee and poured Yoona's milk into a mug and turned around, holding the two steaming coffee mugs to find Yoona curled up, sound asleep on his couch. 

 

Changwook sighed and returned the two mugs to his kitchenette. Then he returned to his small living room, gently picked Yoona up off the couch and carried her into his bedroom. 

 

Yoona was obviously exhausted so he wasn't going to wake her; she needed her rest. She could have his bed and although he was sorely tempted to join her in it, he would sleep on the couch. 

 

Yoona had taken a real risked coming to him tonight and there was no telling what her dad would do to her when he finds her gone but Changwook couldn't bring himself to feel sorry that she had come to him tonight; too much had happened. He had learned too much, about her, her dad and the situation she was trapped in. 

 

Sejoon wanted a grandson from her. He would do anything to get his grandson, even forced someone on his own daughter. Someone liked Kai. 

 

Nausea and the powerful urged to do violence roses in him at the very thought of someone hurting Yoona liked that, liked anyway. Changwook would kill both, Sejoon and Kai before he ever let Kai or any other man near her. 

 

Changwook laid her gently on his bed and then he slowly ran his eyes over her from the top of her head to her shoes. 

 

She was so small. She would be defenseless against any man her dad gave her to. She wouldn't be able to fight a man off. 

 

Changwook cut off his line of thought right there before he worked himself up and did something stupid. He was skill and he was able to fight but his greatest weapon, his greatest asset, was his mind. He was cunning and clever and he was ruthless. He would protect Yoona at any cost and he would do so while bringing down her dad, the greatest threat to her. 

 

Which made Changwook Sejoon's worst enemy. 

 

Changwook closed his eyes, drew in a long deep breath and rubbed his face with his hands. He needed to get a few more hours of sleep and he wouldn't be able to do that if he kept working himself up. It was going to be difficult enough to find sleep knowing that Yoona was in his bed, only a room away. 

 

With another deep breath, Changwook opened his eyes and cleared his mind. He then pulled off Yoona's shoes, being careful so not to wake her and then he placed her shoes neatly by the bottom of the bed where she would find them in the morning. 

 

With Yoona safely tucked into his bed, Changwook straightened but didn't turn away. Instead, he found himself staring down at her, bewitched by the sight of her sleeping so serenely, so peacefully. She stole his breath away; she was so pretty, so stunning and surprisingly, given her situation, she was so trusting of him. If she wasn't then no matter how tired she was, she never would have allowed herself to relaxed enough to fall asleep and it was because of her trusts in him that Changwook wasn't even going to entertain the notion of sharing his bed with her. Not tonight at least. There were plenty of reasons why professional and ethical but the most prominent of which was that Yoona deserved to have her trusts in him rewarded but one thing was obvious; he was coming to care for her entirely too much. If he wasn't careful then when the time came to walked away from her, he would find himself unable to do so. 

 

Changwook forced himself to looked away from her and without another glanced her way, Changwook walked straight to the door and closed it firmly behind him. 

 

For the remainder of the night, his bedroom door was going to remain firmly closed, Changwook decided resolutely, his hands curling into fists as his self-controlled battled against his body's lusts. 

 

Tonight, Changwook was going to sleep on the couch, even though Changwook doubted that he will get any sleep at all. Not with the temptation that lurked on the other side of his bedroom door. 

 

The hardest part was knowing that after their little tryst on the couch, Changwook had no doubt that he could walk straight back into his bedroom, wake her and Yoona wouldn't refuse him. She had been every bit as , every bit as willing as he had been. 

 

Changwook blew his breath out in one long drawn-out breath. He wanted to moan long and loud, he wanted to cry out his body's agony and frustration but he dares not make a sound for if he woke her then the last of his self-controlled would shatter. 

 

It was only a matter of a few hours before the sun would rises, ending this night but Changwook knew that it was going to be some of the longest hours of his life. 

 

Yoona opened her eyes as the door closed, staring at it as if she could suddenly gain the ability to magically see through it. 

 

Changwook had left her. Alone. In his bed. After everything they had just shared on his couch, Yoona honestly hadn't expected him to tuck her into bed liked a child and then leave her to sleep alone. 

 

It hadn't been an act; she really had fallen asleep while waiting for Changwook to come back with her warm milk. She was exhausted and she felt so safe with Changwook that she hadn't even been aware of her exhausted mind and body pulling her into sleep but thanks to her own dad, Yoona had spent too long constantly being on her guard to not rest too deeply. The moment Changwook had lifted her from the couch, she had woken up and for the first time since her mom had passed, Yoona hadn't been alarmed. Not for a moment. She had known from the very moment she had woken up that it was Changwook cradling her in his strong secured arms. She had known that she was safe. That Changwook would keep her safe and that was why when she had woken up, she hadn't opened her eyes. Instead, Yoona had feigned sleep without any real goal in mind. Maybe she had wanted to know what Changwook would do, how far she could trust him with her well-being when all her defenses were down. Well, if that was the case then Yoona had her answered. Changwook was a gentleman to his core; she could trust him completely with her well-being but at the same time, she was disappointed because even though Yoona knew that Changwook had done the ethical thing, the right thing, the one thing that would and had cemented her trusts in him, being put to bed to sleep wasn't what she had wanted. 

 

She wanted Changwook. She wanted to know everything his touched promised to teach her, she wanted to learned what her touched could do to him. She wanted to make love to Changwook. She wanted to accept him into her body and let him do what he wants with her. She wanted to feel the heart within him that Yoona knew was there, protected by walls thicker than her own and Changwook wanted her, too. That much had been very obvious during their make-out session on the couch but somehow, Changwook had known what she needed. He had known that she had needed to learn just how far she could trust him and he had given her her answered. Now, if only Yoona could find a way to teach him that he could trust her every bit as much as she trusted him. Intuition and observation had revealed to her time and time again, that despite Changwook's willingness to hold her protectively closed, he trusted very few and let even fewer, if anyone, closed enough to him to really see him, to get to know him. Had anyone ever gotten close enough to him to see beyond the inner walls he kept erected in ordered to protect himself? 

 

Yoona strongly suspected that one of Changwook's deepest and greatest fear was getting hurt again; bullet holes healed but a broken heart might never truly healed. 

 

The pain of heartbreak could last a lifetime. Yoona had seen proof of such in her own mom who had quietly, until the day she had died, endured the broken heart from her choice to abandon her own son. 

 

Yoona sighed into the pillow beneath her head and then drew in a long deep breath through her nose, inhaling Changwook's warm spiciness, citrus and woody scent that made her toes curled and her libido purred. She wasn't going to accomplished or learned anything else tonight so she might as well get some sleep while she could and enjoyed a peaceful night rest beneath the blanket of safety and security that Changwook unknowingly provided. 

 

In the morning, when her dad learned of her absence, he was going to come for her and Yoona had to be at the top of her game as it was a very crucial moment in her planned; one of the, if not the, most dangerous and most crucial moments of her entire planned. 

 

Yoona closed her eyes and pushed all thoughts from her mind, instead focusing on Changwook's scent that enveloped her. His scent was all around her, filling her senses until she could almost believe that he was there in the bed with her, holding her in his strong protective arms and with the tiniest smiled on her lips from that thought, Yoona lost herself in the peaceful oblivion that was the deep slumber and for the first time in a long time, her dream was a happy one. 

 

Yoona dream of being truly free. With Changwook right there with her. 

 

It was early when Changwook woke the next morning. The light beyond his closed eyes told him that the sun was up. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet but his well-tuned internal clock told him that it was closed to 7 o'clock and Changwook was sorely tempted to rolled over, find a more comfortable position then the cramped one he was currently in and fall back into the welcomed oblivion of sleep but there was a nagging voice at the back of his mind that was urging him to wake up, telling him that something wasn't right and if something wasn't right, it meant that something was wrong. 

 

Changwook opened his eyes and the first thing his eyes saw was the nozzle of a black handgun less then an inched from his face, pointed straight at that spot directly between his eyes. 

 

Ignoring his strong survival instincts that were screaming at him to either fight or flee, Changwook remained perfectly still, moving only his eyes. He followed the intruder's arm and looked up into the eyes of the man holding the deadly weapon to him. 

 

The first thought that ran through Changwook's mind was how in the hell had they gotten into his apartment without waking him? He was by nature a light sleeper; it should have been impossible for anyone to have broken into his apartment let alone, Changwook looked around him, silently counting with his eyes, eight men. 

 

The second thought was as to whether or not Yoona's dad really intended to killed him while his seven goons, including the white-haired one, Kai, whom Changwook really didn't like. 

 

"Good morning, Changwook." Yoona's dad greeted him, with that same false pleasantry in which he had addressed him the day before, "You wouldn't happen to know where my daughter is, would you, Changwook? She seems to have wandered off sometime during the night." 

 

With exaggerated slowness, Changwook sat up, being careful not to make any sudden movements and to keep his hands still and clearly visible. The last thing he wanted was to get shot; it hurt liked hell and it wouldn't help Yoona. 

 

Changwook silently praised himself for putting his weapon back in its hiding placed before settling on the couch for the night as he had suspected that there would be a very good chance of this very thing happening. 

 

Im Sejoon wouldn't let his daughter remained free from him for long, not when he still wanted something from her that only she could give him. 

 

It sickened Changwook to his very core that this monster hadn't even spared his own daughter from his disreputable existence. 

 

"In the bedroom." Changwook indicated with his head towards the closed bedroom door, knowing it would have been pointless to lie to this man. No matter what answered Changwook gave, Sejoon still would have searched his apartment from top to bottom. 

 

Yoona's dad quirked a curious eyebrow at his answered then looked pointedly at the two goons from Yoona's protective detailed and indicated his head towards the door just as Changwook had, wordlessly ordering them into the bedroom. 

 

Neither of them said anything as they continued to watch each other, Changwook with barely veiled contempt and Yoona's dad with moderate interests and curiosity. 

 

It was only a few seconds before Changwook heard Yoona's startled cry echoed through the apartment and unable to stand her distressed for even a moment, Changwook made a moved to rises to his feet to go to Yoona but Sejoon's warning wave of his weapon forced Changwook to sit back down on the couch. 

 

Changwook wanted to warn Sejoon not to hurt her but two things silenced him. First, Sejoon wouldn't hurt Yoona as he still wanted a grandson from her and secondly, Changwook would rather be shot then beg the monster in front of him for anything. 

 

Heavy footsteps blended with sounds of effort and of a struggle became louder as the two goons pulled Yoona, who was fighting liked a wildcat against their hold on her, out of the bedroom. 

 

Without pausing, the two goons half-dragged half-carried Yoona towards the door but Yoona's beseeching eyes were glued to her dad. 

 

"Please don't hurt him?" Yoona begged her dad, apparently not restrained by the same things that had prevented Changwook from doing the same for Yoona's sake, "Please? Please? Don't hurt him. I just showed up here. He didn't know I was coming." 

 

Changwook gritted his teeth and his hands curled into fists against his thighs as he fought his urged to intervened; he wanted so badly to tear the two goons apart for their roughed treatment of Yoona. She was small enough that such roughed behavior was unnecessary. 

 

Even the smallest of the seven goons was twice her size. Physically, Yoona had no chance against even one of them. 

 

The three of them disappeared out of Changwook's apartment door but they could still hear Yoona's pleads all the way down the hall until they reached the stairs and Yoona's voice quickly faded. 

 

"That wasn't necessary." Changwook stated coldly to Yoona's dad, narrowing his eyes on him and making it very clear that Changwook didn't like Sejoon's treatment of his daughter, "Yoona would have gone willingly. She wasn't trying to run. She only wanted to make sure that I was alright after our little conversation yesterday morning." 

 

Yoona's dad leaned back from where he sat on Changwook's coffee table and cross his leg over the other in a position of nonchalance, "Now that does puzzle me. I have no doubt that my daughter planned her escaped last night. I hardly doubt she was merely lucky in avoiding my security and making it off the grounds undetected. My daughter is rather cunning when she wants to be, you see and she does have her mom's stubbornness so I'm afraid she can be somewhat difficult to control at times." 

 

Changwook had to bite the inside of his cheek in ordered to hold back his sarcastic comment that Yoona was his prisoner, not some willful mare he had purchased. 

 

"But this is what I find intriguing." Sejoon paused for a long moment, adjusted his black jacket, "My daughter slips from the safety of my estate but instead of taking advantage of her window of opportunity to upset my life even more as she has become accustomed to doing." He waved his hand dismissively in the air as if Yoona upsetting his life was a minor annoyance, "She comes here, knowing that it would be the very first placed I had looked." 

 

"As I said." Changwook said dryly, "She wasn't running. She was only concerned about me." 

 

"And when I arrived here." Sejoon went on as if Changwook hadn't spoken at all, just as he had done the morning before. He raised his hand upward as if he were holding some invisible object out to him to take and he indicated at Changwook, "I find her sleeping soundly in your bed." 

 

The accusation was clear. 

 

"And you find me sleeping here on my couch." Changwook pointed out, greatly emphasizing the three key words in that particular sentences, "Looked, nothing happened." It was a small lied, "Yoona was tired when she arrived here so I gave her my bed and I slept here, on my couch." 

 

Sejoon said nothing, instead, he continued to stare at him with that same curious expression. 

 

"Yoona has done nothing wrong. She wasn't running from you. She knows she can't get away." Changwook said, choosing his words carefully. He needed to hint that he knew more then he should while leaving himself some room for deniability. 

 

If Sejoon suspected that he knew as much as he did then he might just decide that killing him would be the safest thing to do with him. 

 

"There's no need to be so roughed with her." 

 

Changwook waited while Yoona's dad considered him for a long moment. This was the crucial moment, the moment in which Sejoon, himself, determined the outcome of Yoona's planned. 

 

Abruptly, Sejoon turned to Kai and made a subtle downward motion with his hand. 

 

Kai sneered at Changwook but after a moment, he lowered his gun and so did the other goons in the room. Their weapons weren't aimed at him anymore but Changwook could tell that they remained on the alert, their weapons held ready at their sides. 

 

Yoona's dad then turned his full attention back to Changwook, "I don't know what it is about you Changwook, but Yoona seems comfortable around you. She even appears to trusts you. No man under my employed has come closed to even tolerance. She likes you." 

 

Sejoon tilted his head to the side as if he still couldn't work out for the life of him why Yoona liked him. 

 

"And this creates a problem for me." Sejoon went on, his demeanor one of a man making a spontaneous business decision that he expected to pay off big for him, "It seems that I can't keep the two of you apart so I have a choice to make. I can take steps to make it impossible for you to contact her but since my daughter is so fond of you, I can't cause you pain without upsetting her." The threat was crystal clear, "And it is important that my daughter doesn't become too stressed or emotional. It's not good for her health, you see." 

 

Changwook fought down his nausea, clenching his fists even tighter until his fingernails were digging painfully into his palm. Not at the threat of pain but at the implications of his last remarked. What Sejoon meant was that Yoona needed to be healthy in ordered to fall pregnant. 

 

"I imagine it would take a great deal of effort to keep Yoona away from you. Which leaves me with one option, one that would benefit all of us." 

 

"And that is?" Changwook prompted aloofly, despite the fact that this was it, this was what Yoona and he had been working towards all these weeks. 

 

"Well, rather then hurting you and locking Yoona up, I think it would just be a whole lot easier if I offered you a job," Sejoon concluded a-matter-of-factly. 

 

It was all Changwook could do to keep a straight face. This was what everything before now had been leading up too, the crux of Yoona's planned. 

 

If Changwook managed to pull this off then they would have a real chance of pulling off Yoona's planned. 

 

It seemed that Yoona really did know her dad. 

 

A man who had no idea just how clever and cunning his daughter really was. It was more than a little scary. No doubt if Yoona really put her mind to it, she could topple governments. 

 

Maybe after all of this was over, if they succeeded, Changwook should recommend recruiting Yoona to his superior; she would be the greatest asset the FBI would have. 

 

"What kind of job?" Changwook asked, concentrating on playing his part, on appearing just suspicious and wary enough so not to set off any of Sejoon's alarm bells. 

 

Kai looked down at his boss in disbelief, "But sir, we don't know anything about this guy. He could be a pig." Changwook fought against the urged to shake his head at the derivative and juvenile term for law enforcement. How old was Kai anyway? But this wasn't Changwook's first time undercover and there was no way he was going to pass up an opportunity to make Kai looked liked a fool. From the moment Changwook had first laid eyes on Kai, Changwook had felt an instant and strong instant dislike for the man and the way he kept looking at Yoona made Changwook want to hit him. Hard. Multiple times. 

 

"Pig?" Changwook asked Yoona's dad, ignoring Kai completely solely because Changwook knew that it would get under Kai's skinned, it was childish and it was in no way smart to start a rivalry with a man who already had Sejoon's trusts but Changwook just couldn't help himself, "Is he calling me fat or a cop?" 

 

Yoona's dad studied him very closely for a long moment but Changwook allowed no betraying tell to slip through his mask. He maintained his slightly amused, slightly confused and slightly fearful demeanor and waited and then Yoona's dad waved a dismissive hand in the air and Changwook knew he had passed Sejoon's test, ending what had been the most crucial moment of Yoona's entire planned and one of the most dangerous. If they had for even a moment believe him to be anything but what they saw him to be then Changwook was a dead man. 

 

Sejoon clears his throat, recalling all attention in the room to himself, "Since the four men I assigned to watched my daughter aren't up to the tasked, I'm thinking that a new tactic is called for. Since Yoona doesn't like the current arrangement, I'm hoping that in hiring just one man to watch her, one man whom she won't run away from every chance she gets, I will have less of these troublesome little episodes." And in the spaced of a blinked of an eye, he became deadly serious, "My daughter needs protecting, Changwook. Whether she is willing to admit it or not. I'm a very powerful, very influential man, a man with enemies who wouldn't hesitate to harm my daughter to get at me. This is something Yoona absolutely refuses to accept so I'm forced into these extreme measures." Changwook couldn't believe the shamelessness of this man. He was portraying the concerned protective dad flawlessly but Changwook knew this man better than that so he didn't buy his act for a moment. Sejoon was only making excuses for his behavior in ordered to get Changwook to play along. If his part had not already been scripted for him, Changwook would have called Sejoon on his bull. 

 

Changwook leaned back against the overstuffed back of the couch, regarding the liar in front of him as if he were actually considering Sejoon's offered. 

 

Yoona's dad mimicked him, leaning back in his seated position on his coffee table and waved his hand in an offhanded gestured. 

 

"I'm well aware of who you are, Changwook." Sejoon went on, his tone now sounded bored and indifferent, "I know all about those little black belts you hold, in what, five martial arts? Not to mention, the advanced self-defense courses. You have become quite the efficient private soldier, haven't you?" 

 

Changwook was well aware that his cover story had included some of his actual training, although the methods in which he had received said training had been made up. Ever since he had been in his early teens, Changwook had taken every opportunity he could find to learned everything and anything he could to make himself a better hunter. Only some of his skills had been transferred into his cover story to make him an even more appealing bodyguard for Yoona. 

 

Hell, Yoona had even requested that the agent assigned to her planned have documented training of some formed. 

 

Sejoon truly had no idea just how diabolical his little girl was. 

 

Yoona's dad mistook Changwook's silence as surprised at him, knowing so much about him and again, he waved his hand dismissively through the air, "Oh, I know quite a lot about you, Changwook. Even your training. Now, what do you say? Of course, if you do take the job, there will be sufficient perks. Your salary will be a generous one, you will have your own car, free room, and board at my estate and a few other bonuses and with you working for me, I will have absolutely no problem with you dating my daughter." 

 

This monster was unbelievable. He made it sound liked his daughter was part of the deal, a quirked in ordered to get Changwook on board. 

 

Changwook was really going to enjoy bringing this monster down. On top of everything else that this man was, he had absolutely no respect for women, not even his own daughter. 

 

"Think carefully." Sejoon cautioned, "Because this is a onetime limited offered." 

 

"I'm no thug," Changwook stated, looking pointedly at Kai. 

 

"Of course not." Yoona's dad agreed, sounding just liked a snake oil salesman, "Your sole responsibility will be my daughter's protection and keeping her from foolishly running off. You will be armed of course, in cases of emergencies. I trust you know how to uses a firearm?" 

 

Changwook nodded, again knowing that his cover included a registered weapon that he had sold eight months ago and countless hours logged at a weapons range where on paper he was a longstanding member. 

 

On paper at least. The FBI had their own ranges for their agent's to uses. 

 

"And if Yoona doesn't want to date me after I take the job?" Changwook enquired in a falsely inquisitive tone, smoothly pointing out the truck-sized hole in Sejoon's offered. What healthy-minded woman would want to date one of her jailers? 

 

"Oh, she will," Sejoon assured him, casually dismissing the very point that Changwook had attempted to make. Changwook wanted to shake his head at the audacity of this man. The idea that his daughter might not want to have anything to do with him after taking a job for her dad and helping him keep her prisoner never even entered Sejoon's mind. 

 

Yoona was right. If her dad really did want a grandchild from her that much, with his egotistical attitude, it was only a matter of time before he ran out of patience and he forced Yoona to give him what he so desperately wanted. 

 

Liked Yoona, to this man, Changwook was just a tool to be used to get what he wanted. 

 

The questioned was, what would happen to the two of them if Sejoon did get what he wanted? Changwook knew the most likely outcome for himself but what about Yoona? Would one grandchild be enough? What if it was a girl? Would Sejoon keep going until he had the grandson he craved for? 

 

Yoona was right. Her dad had gone completely off the rail and with his money, power, and unscrupulous morals, there would be no stopping him until he was either in jail or dead. 

 

For Yoona's sake, Changwook had to take her dad down or else she might end up being the one suffering the most from her dad's insanity. 

 

Changwook stood up and extended his right hand out to him, "We have a deal." 

 

Sejoon stood up and shook Changwook's hand in a firm gripped, grinning broadly liked he had just won a grand prize, "Welcome aboard." 

 

Behind Sejoon, out of the corner of his eye, Changwook saw Kai sneered brutishly and Changwook decided then and there that his first ordered of business was going to be putting Kai in his place. 

 

A place that was as far away from Yoona as possible. 

 

Changwook's instincts were screaming at him that Kai was just as great a threat to Yoona as her own dad was. 

 

Despite his deep-seated hatred for the man, Changwook couldn't help but be impressed with the speed and efficiency in which Sejoon had moved Changwook into his grand estate. 

 

Only three hours after Changwook had accepted his new position as Yoona's bodyguard slash jailer, Changwook was moved out of his apartment, his furniture and most of his personal effects, all two boxes of it, placed in storage. 

 

Most of Changwook's clothes had been boxes up as Sejoon's personal secretary had taken one looked at his clothes and had told him to box up most of them, actually she had told him straight out with a sound of disgusts to tossed all of his clothes away but Changwook had refused to be so unnecessarily wasteful. The stone-faced efficient woman had then informed him that she would have a new wardrobe arranged for him within the next five days. Apparently, Changwook's current wardrobe wasn't up to either her own or her boss's dress code. 

 

The stern looking woman whom Changwook guessed was in her last thirties, Mrs. Choi, kept her shoulders pulled back and back straight, making her appeared taller then what Changwook estimated was really five foot three, arranged everything according to her boss's instructions. 

 

Only seconds after Changwook had crossed the threshold of the Im estate for the first time, Mrs. Choi had handed him a manilla enveloped and had then launched into a brisk description of everything it contained. 

 

Inside were three sets of keys. The first was a set of house keys which included the keys to all external doors and the key to the locked on Yoona's bedroom door. The second set of keys were to the second eight bay carport behind the house that the live-in staff were permitted to use, the space furthest from the house was his to use. 

 

Mrs. Choi assured him that there was ample space for the black 2017 Sport Porsche Boxster Sejoon had gifted him, another one of his new jobs perks and his black motorbike that he had brought with him, a model the FBI had supplied that was a similar model to his own personal motorbike that was currently stored with the rest of his belongings that actually belong to him and the third set of keys were to his suite. Changwook had been assured by Sejoon, himself, that only he and the cleaning staff were permitted within his rooms. There were two identical keys that unlocked the external doors to his rooms, the internal door and the external balcony French doors and there were also the keys to his lockable walked-in closet, the lockable bedside tables, and the bedrooms floor safe that was his to used as he saw fit. 

 

Then there was an eighty-page binder that included the house's blueprints that he was to memorized in cases of an emergency, the security codes that Yoona wasn't allowed to know, along with other pertinent security information such as worked rosters for non-security staff. 

 

Apparently, Sejoon took his security very seriously and it was clear to Changwook that he was expected to take Yoona's security just as seriously. It was expected of him to know who was meant to be where and when. 

 

No wondered Sejoon had never been caught. If this was his personal home security then there was no telling just how tight the security was for his shady dealings. Seriously, Sejoon could teach security to the CIA. 

 

Also, in the manila enveloped was a three-page document that stated in detailed his responsibilities, duties and the expectations expected of him and what he should expect in returned and yes, keeping an eye on the non-security house staff was listed under responsibilities. 

 

Next was a plastic zip-locked folder slipped bag that contained three black limitless credit cards. One he was told was for him which he was free to use for whatever he liked, the second was for the expenses of his job and the third was solely for Yoona's expenses, shopping, personal needs and so on. 

 

Yoona was forbidden to have any access to any cash whatsoever. No doubt so her dad could keep tabs on everything his daughter purchased. 

 

Did Yoona have any privacy at all? And finally, there was a thick roll of hundred dollar bills that Changwook was assured to add up to three thousand dollars, his signing bonus that was his to spend as he wished. 

 

Mrs. Choi had then had him signed a form attached to a black clipboard to confirmed that he had received everything listed. 

 

Changwook had made a show of checking the lists twice before signing it and handing it back to her solely to irritated the stern woman. 

 

Without waiting to see if he was following her, Mrs. Choi stalked up the stairs with impressive speed and grace for a woman in high heels and showed him to his suite and with one last briskly stated comment about the tailor coming in the morning for his measurements so they could dress him more smartly, Changwook suspected that that had been a shot at his choice of clothing in retaliation for his stunt with the formed and that he had tomorrow morning off to go shopping for more appropriate attire with their preferred fashion coordinator, Sejoon's personal secretary left, her heels clicking loudly on the hard floor as she walked. 

 

Leaving Changwook to unpacked his few personal belongings in his suite that had to be just as big, if not bigger, then the entire floor of the apartment building he had just vacated. 

 

Changwook stood just inside the bedroom door, holding the manila enveloped as he took the room in. 

 

The room was bright, the room so impeccably cleaned that every surfaced gleamed. That was his first thought about the room. Three walls and the ceiling were white and the floor was polished white and cloudy grey marble. The room was furnished with sleek black and glass furniture that all matched, from the various sized chairs and tables to the bedside tables so well that Changwook suspected that it was all part of a high price set. 

 

The bed was the prize of the set. Easily the largest bed Changwook had ever seen since it took up almost a third of the side wall. It was so high that even he with his long legs would just barely be able to sit on it without having to pulled himself up onto it. It was guaranteed to be really soft though; Changwook could tell just by looking at it. Unable to helped himself, Changwook dropped the manila enveloped on a table by the door that held a tall vase of colorful flowers, that were both, real and fresh and walked over to the bed. 

 

Several large pillows and a black thick fluffy overstuffed down comforter that smelt of something floral and inviting covered the large bed. Changwook pulled back the comforter to discovered soft heavily smooth sheets that had to have a threat count that would have awe him. 

 

It was a bed that promised, at first sight, the best night sleep a man ever had and there was more than enough room for other late night activities, the kind that one didn't customarily engage in while sleeping alone. 

 

Before his mind fell into one of the daytime fantasies that it had been plaguing him lately, ever since he had laid eyes on Yoona's image on the television screen back at the FBI headquarters, Changwook turned around and looked out the window to the right of the bed. 

 

The entire exterior wall was entire glass window and French doors, giving a spectacular view of the courtyard and Olympic-sized swimming pool below and the gardens that surrounded the courtyard. Beyond that was a perfectly manicured lawn that ended half a football field away with a three and a half meter high one-meter thick wall that surrounded the entire estate. 

 

Changwook scanned the room. There were doors in every four walls of the room. At his back was the interior door leading into the hallway, the French doors in from of him led out onto his balcony that spanned the width of his entire suite. That left a set of double doors on each side of him. 

 

Changwook investigated the sets of doors on the same wall as the bed which he discovered led to his walked-in closet that was bigger then his previous bedroom had been. It was a room all on its own. Running parallel down both walls were empty racks, drawers and shelves of varying sizes and on the far wall was a mirror that spanned the entire wall, reflecting back the entire room. 

 

In the middle of the room was a long padded bench that was only two foot or so wide and about two to three meters long. 

 

Changwook closed the doors, turned and crossed the room, pulling opened both doors to find that his own personal bathroom was even bigger than his closet. 

 

The bathroom was complete with a sink, above which was one large mirror that was illuminated by cleverly concealed long fluorescent lights above. Next to which was a shower that was large enough for five people in a clear glass shower bay and on the other side of the room was...holy cow! Was that a bathtub or a swimming pool? The bathtub was huge. 

 

It was a bathtub that left extravagant far behind. It looked like a small square swimming pool. Sunken into the gleaming black tile floor, the black tiled bathtub was big enough to comfortably fit three people. It was more square in shape than the traditional rectangle and it was deep enough that when sitting Changwook would be submerged up to his neck. 

 

The enormous silver taps attached to the opposite wall hover barely four inches above floor level. Taps big enough that they could fill the sunken hole in the floor quickly and prevent water from flooding the entire bathroom, the bath was surrounded on all four sides by a discrete drain, painted black so not too spoiled the looked. 

 

Once again, Changwook's mind conjured up images of Yoona, only this time she was sitting , wet and soapy in the tub, waiting for him. 

 

A brisk knocked echoed through the room, wrenching Changwook from his daydream before it could progress any further. 

 

Changwook instinctively tenses before forcing himself to relaxed and then he headed for the interior door. 

 

This wasn't the playboy mansion. Changwook had to remember that. He was in enemy territory and he had to keep his head in the game and out of Yoona's pants. It would be all too easy to become distracted and in his line of worked distractions, even small blonde ones could get him and others killed. 

 

They had done it, Yoona had gotten him in and now, it was more important than ever to play his part. One mistake now could cost him his life and Yoona even worse. If her dad found out that she had intentionally brought an FBI agent into his house with the sole purposed of collecting enough evidence to put him away for the rest of his life then he would no doubt show them both his true colors. 

 

Changwook had memorized Yoona's instructions from the videotape of her interview that night at the FBI headquarters when she had laid her planned out for them that would allow them to bring down one of the most powerful and influential mafia bosses alive today. 

 

'Once the agent is inside, he will have to play his part twenty-four seven.' Yoona's word echoed through his mind. He had watched the tape of her so many times that he had memorized every word she had said, every instruction she had given. 

 

'He needs to play his part liked everything he does is closely monitored and everything he says is heard which it essentially will be. There is very little I do that my dad doesn't know about and those closest to me are monitored just as vigilantly but nothing liked your agent will be. My dad trusts no one and he is always on the lookout for traitors. It's one of the reasons why you haven't been able to get anyone closed to him but what he wants from me overshadows everything else. If he is ever going to make a mistake, it is now and I can get someone close enough to take him down when he finally does.

 

Changwook had to maintain the pretense that he was there for a new job, not to collect evidence to bring them all down. He had a right to be there and he had to act like it. 

 

Changwook closed his hand around the doorknob, closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath to prepare himself for whoever or whatever waited on the other side. He swung the door opened, half-expecting to see that stern hard-looking Mrs. Choi there to give him more instructions or god-forbid more paperwork but instead, Changwook found himself face to face with Yoona's dad who had both of his hands held behind his back, looking as comfortable and trouble free as a man who had just kicked off his shoes and settled down in front of the television after a long day at the office but Changwook seriously doubted that this man ever allowed anyone to see him that relaxed. Sejoon hadn't become who he was by lowering his guard enough to be caught unaware. Changwook stepped back and raised his arm in invitation, "Mr. Im, come in. I didn't think I will see you again today, sir." 

 

Changwook was an employee now, living under his boss's roof. Changwook had to play the part. 

 

Sejoon stepped into the suite, looked around before turning back to Changwook with a somewhat pleased smiled on his face, "I see you are settling in nicely." 

 

"Yes, sir." Changwook closed the door and turned his full attention to his new boss. 

 

Sejoon chuckled amused and brought his hands out from behind his back, revealing something black that he held in his hand. 

 

It was a black leather strap shoulder holster with two holsters, both containing a gleaming black Sig P250. 

 

Sejoon held them out to Changwook to take, "I brought your pistols." 

 

Changwook took the shoulder holster, momentarily studying it for imperfections before turning his attention to the two firearms. Closing his hand around the hilt of the first, Changwook pulled it free of the holster, feeling the familiar weight of a gun in his hand and turned it back and forth, studying it even more intensely. 

 

"No serial numbers and completely untraceable," Sejoon assured him as if it were a completely normal thing to assured someone. 

 

Changwook crosses the room to the desk, placed the holster and the still holstered weapon on its surfaced so he could give the Sig a full once over. 

 

It wasn't his preferred firearm but the Sig P250 was still a nice weapon, even the military used them. 

 

The weight seemed right for a loaded weapon and he could see no marks or tell-tale imperfections in the weapon but he wouldn't know until he broke it down and checked and oil each piece. Even then, he wouldn't know until he had the chance to fire it. He would have to go to his cover's firing range and give both a test fire before they passed final mustered with him but Changwook seriously doubted this man would give him defective or hot weapons when he was tasked with the protection of his daughter. 

 

Changwook slid the magazine out of the weapon, confirmed that it was indeed loaded before sliding the magazine back in. Changwook then pulled back the slide, making sure that it slides smoothly and that there weren't any defects. 

 

Sejoon nodded in approval at the practiced movements that spoke better than words that he knew how to handled the weapon. 

 

"A fine piece of hardware," Changwook stated, with false approval, knowing it was what his new boss expected. 

 

Of course, Changwook wouldn't know for sure how good the Sig was until he had put both weapons through their paces. 

 

"For more ammunition, see Chilhyun." Sejoon informed him casually, "He's our weapons expert. Anything you need in that respect, Chilhyun can see, too." 

 

Changwook nodded and slid the Sig back into its holster before returning it to the desk. 

 

Changwook looked up to find Sejoon staring at him with a mildly troubled expression on his face. 

 

Rather than asked, Changwook waited, knowing the man would speak his mind if he wanted, too. 

 

It only took a moment more. 

 

"I'm not usually a spontaneous man, Changwook." Sejoon stated, with deadly seriousness, the warning in his tone was impossible to misread, "Nor am I careless. It is why I'm what I am, who I am. I have worked hard to get where I am and I'm not about to let anyone threatened what I have achieved. That is why every man here has proven himself to me time and time again. Every man but you." 

 

Changwook didn't move, didn't allowed himself to react. 

 

So, Yoona might have been right about her dad letting him in but Sejoon was still no fool. It seemed that he wasn't as obsessively driven as Yoona had thought he was as to bring him in without both, warning and watching him. 

 

"I have brought you into my home, trusted you with the safety of my only child, even certain secrets of my operation." Sejoon stepped closer to him and glared darkly, threateningly, at him even though Changwook was a full foot taller than the man, "So be warned, if you are anything other then what you appeared to be, I will cut you into little pieces while you are still conscious and your body will never be found. Am I clear?" 

 

"Crystal," Changwook answered promptly, and just liked that, in the blink of an eye, Sejoon's expression relaxed and he was calm once again. 

 

"Right then." Sejoon said in what he thought was a friendly tone, "I will leave you to finished settling in. Dinner is at eight, I expect you to join us. Be sure to bring Yoona with you. She normally doesn't like to join me and insists on eating in her room but tonight, I'm in the mood for company. Her room is right next door so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep an eye on her even inside the house." 

 

Changwook nodded once again and watched Sejoon as he crosses the room and opened the door to reveal Yoona standing in the doorway, facing the doorframe. 

 

Yoona cried out, startled and jumped back, moving her hands behind her back and creating the picture of a young child who had been caught doing something she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing. 

 

Changwook had to stifle a laughed. Yoona had clearly been eavesdropping or trying too, by pressing her ear against the door. 

 

Sejoon considered his daughter for a long moment before turning back to Changwook with a very amused grinned on his face, "Of course, that could be wishful thinking on my part. After a few weeks on this job, I suspect you will come to see why I pay my daughter's minders so handsomely. She has a gift for causing trouble, no matter where she is." 

 

Then Sejoon turned to his daughter, his amused smiled still on his face, "I will see you both at dinner. Do dress up for the occasion, Yoona. It is after all your boyfriend's first time dining with the both of us." And with that, Yoona's dad stepped passed his daughter and disappeared down the hallway, leaving Yoona staring after him with an embarrassed blush staining her cheeks. 

 

Yoona stepped into the room, closing the door behind her before she turned to Changwook, her expression serious and regretful, "I'm so sorry I dragged you into this. I should have told you who I was, who my dad is much sooner." 

 

Changwook stared at her for a long moment, taking in the sight of her. He had learned a lot in the past hours, the most prominent of which was that he hadn't understood just how much of a prisoner Yoona actually was before today. Every aspect of her life was strictly controlled, from what she ate to who she saw, to what she did to fill the long empty hours. 

 

Yoona wasn't someone who could live like this. She needed her freedom and she needed to love without fear. Yoona is like a flower, who for too long had been denied sunlight. She was slowly withering away but even though that was true, Yoona wasn't going without a fight. 

 

"How long have you been a prisoner here?" Changwook asked, even though he knew the answered. He asked because his cover wouldn't have known. 

 

Yoona looked away and shrugged dismissively as if the answered didn't really matter but Changwook was no fool, he knew that Yoona knew exactly how long she had been under her dad's care. 

 

"Just over two years," Yoona answered softly, sadly. 

 

Changwook watched as Yoona cross the room without looking at him and jumped back up onto his oversized bed, taking a seat on the fluffy soft surface. 

 

"He wants his grandson." Yoona told the floor despairingly, "It's his obsession. That's why he brought you here, gave you all this." She indicated at their surroundings with both hands, "You are the only man I have shown any interested in. He's hoping you will knock me up." 

 

Again, Changwook badly wanted to ask what had kept her dad from forcing a child from her but he held back, he had wait for a more suitable time. 

 

"At least now that you are here." Yoona went on in that hollow voice that made Changwook want to hit someone, "He might finally stop pushing guys at me." 

 

Changwook's eyes narrowed. There was something about her tone and wording that Changwook really didn't like. 

 

His protective instincts stirred. Changwook wanted to go to her, to wrapped his arms around her and tell her that everything would be alright, that he was there to protect her now but he didn't know her current mindset and touching her might be the wrong thing to do right now. 

 

"Pushed guys at you?" Changwook repeated in a gentle but questioning tone, not wanting to push her too much but needing a little more clarification on that loaded statement. 

 

Yoona looked up, slightly startled by the subtle hint of violence underlying his tone. Changwook was standing in the middle of the room, watching her very closely. On the surfaced, his expression was calm and he appeared controlled but his eyes were ablaze with black fire. If anyone else had had that dangerous looked in their eyes, Yoona would have shrunk back from them in wary feared. 

 

It took Yoona a moment but then realization dawn, she realized how her words must have sounded to him. 

 

"My dad has been hosting functions in an effort to played matchmaker," Yoona explained in an irritated tone, knowing her indifferent tone would soothe and reassured him more than her words ever could. 

 

Yoona already knew that much about Changwook. Changwook listened to verbal tones and read expressions more then he listened to words spoken. Yoona had already realized that it was what made him very good at reading people. 

 

Changwook trusted his instincts. 

 

"I think my dad has introduced me to every one of his unattached friends." Yoona wrinkled her nose in disgusts, "And even a few that aren't single." 

 

Relieve that so far her dad hadn't done anything too distasteful in that area, Changwook moved onto the other distasteful suspicion he had, the one that Changwook knew had been a problem for her, "And Kai? Has he touched you?" 

 

Yoona lowered her eyes to the floor and shifted her position on the bed, not wanting to meet Changwook's eyes. Yoona actually felt safer with Changwook there. She felt safer with him no matter where they were. In fact, this was the safest she had ever felt in her dad's house and it was something that Yoona hadn't expected before she had met Changwook. 

 

If she had been willing to admit the truth to herself, Changwook made her feel a lot of things that she hadn't been prepared for. One thing was for certain though; she didn't want anything to happened to him. 

 

On top of that, this was Changwook's first day here, his first day under her dad's employed and Yoona didn't want him to jeopardize everything by beating Kai to a pulp, although that was something she really wanted to see. 

 

Yoona told herself that it wasn't shamed that had her looking at the floor. She had been raised by the strongest woman she knew, a woman who had had to be strong because of necessity rather than choice but her mom had been strong and she had taught her daughter to be just as strong and although Yoona had always thought of herself as strong, she hadn't really truly believe in her own strength until her dad had forced her to put the strength her mom had taught her to the test. 

 

It was because Yoona didn't want Changwook to misread anything in her expression that she kept her eyes glued to the floor. Or so she wanted to believe and so, Yoona didn't explore what she felt for Changwook any further. Yoona was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize that Changwook had approached her until she felt his large hand gently cup the side of her face, encasing almost the entire side of her face, his hands were that big. 

 

Big hands but hands that were always so gentle with her. 

 

Changwook was the one man left in her life that she didn't fear at all. She feared for him but that was all, "Yoona." 

 

Yoona tightly closed her eyes against the onslaught of his tone. His gentle, caring and concerned tone. With that one word, Changwook had weakened her resolved not to tell him for his own good by half. He sounded so sincere but at the same time, Yoona could senses the steel in him that told her that he wasn't going to let her go until she gave him an answered. 

 

That was one of the things Yoona lov...liked so much about him. How he could be so gentle, so caring but at the same time, he was as stubborn as a jackass he wouldn't give up until he had his way, whatever his way might be. Yoona made a little mental note to send the FBI a thank you note after all of this was said and done. Out of everything, Yoona had expected the FBI to give her in terms of an agent they had exceeded even her wildest hopes. Where did they find guys liked Changwook? Did they grow him in a lab or something? 

 

How did she stand a chance of not losing her heart to him when he made her feel so safe and cherished? 

 

Yoona knew he was dangerous, no doubt he had special secret FBI training but at the same time, Yoona felt no feared for him in the least. She knew he would never ever hurt her and he would never allow any harmed to come to her. 

 

If anyone could get her out from under her dad's sick twisted obsession, it was this man right here and so, Yoona had to trust him to protect her. 

 

Yoona sighed in defeat, knowing that they had been in the same position for at least a few minutes as Changwook had patiently waited for her to decide her answered. 

 

This man had more patience than anyone she had ever known...Well, maybe except her mom. 

 

Yoona looked up into Changwook's eyes to see that he was visibly calm but she suspected he wasn't so composed beneath those walls of his. 

 

"Kai's just been a little handsy." Yoona finally answered, downplaying Kai's mistreatment as much as she could without lying to him, "But nothing life-damaging." She quickly added, at the glimpses of the thunderous fury that flashed across his face. 

 

Changwook wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her against him in a comforting hug, "He won't touched you ever again!" He growled, from above her, his tone one of pure steely conviction, "I promised!" 

 

Yoona melted against him, wrapping her arms around his waist and said nothing. What could she say? With how she felt about him, how could she asked him not to be protective of her when she felt just as protective of him? She couldn't fight armed men for him but she could do other things to keep him unhurt and alive. 

 

"My dad owns you now." Yoona whispered into his chest, "You have to be careful Oppa, his world is every bit as seductive as it is dangerous." 

 

Yoona closed her eyes and basked at how wonderful it felt being in his arms, letting her feared and worry drain away. When she was here in his arms, she felt so safe and secured, so content that it was liked nothing else existed, it was just the two of them and they were together and for those few precious moments, Yoona could forget about everything else. 

 

How was it possible to fall in lov...to come to care about someone so much in such a short period of time? 

 

Maybe it wasn't real. Maybe it was just one of those things that formed between two people who were trapped together in a dangerous situation but even as Yoona thought about it, it didn't feel right, it didn't feel true. 

 

What she was feeling felt right, felt real. It felt so strong that it couldn't possibly just be some kind of trapped together in the dangerous moment thing. 

 

Could it?