Set Me Free

Set Me Free

 

Chapter 17: Epilogue 

 

The sound of chains was the first thing that alerted Changwook to the arrival of the man he had been waiting for, the man he had travel a very long way to see. All the way from Spain in fact. 

 

The second was the loud electronic buzz a few seconds later that was promptly followed by the metallic sound of a heavy-duty electronic lock releasing. 

 

Changwook didn't rise from his seat. He remains leisurely seated in one of the six chairs available, the third along that he had strategically chosen because it perfectly suited his wish for the little bit of theatricality it would bring when the man he was waiting for first saw him. Seated in his current position, the man he was waiting for wouldn't be able to see him until he was standing right in front of him. 

 

Changwook wanted to see his face when the man laid eyes on him for the first time in three years and despite the fact that he was in prison, Changwook was completely at ease. For one, he was a visiting federal agent who could leave whenever he wishes and two, Changwook had been looking forward to this for days. 

 

It was time to finally put the last lingering piece of his past to rest. 

 

Which was what had brought him to the visitor's room of one of the Seoul's most secure prison. There were two lines of chairs facing each other with solid metal and unbreakable glass separating the two, protecting the visitors from the inmates and on occasion, vice versa. In the center of the sheet of glass of each of the six cubicles were specially designed two-way speakers that allow sound alone to travel through. 

 

Changwook was looking forward to that look on the man's face but he was patient. He was in no hurry. He had so few worries in his life these days that he found himself in a near constant state of contented peace. 

 

The happy and peaceful life in which he possesses was so much more than he could have ever hope for. Peace and happiness, that was his life now and had been since Sejoon's trial had ended with a guilty of all charges conviction two years before. 

 

Changwook had a pretty loving wife whom he endlessly adores, a woman he loves with all his heart and soul. She still kept him on his toes though, even after nearly three years of marriage, somehow she was still able to get her charming little behind into the occasional bout of trouble despite all his best efforts. 

 

It delighted him to no end that she could still surprise him, good and bad surprises. 

 

Changwook had married his wife just three weeks after proposing in a little church in a little town in Barcelona surrounded by his friends and family. It still was one of the happiest days of his life. They had wed using their real names, and a flown in minister who hadn't even known where he was, even though they hadn't been the names they had been using at the time. 

 

It had been a small thank you gift from his boss. The downfall of the mafia family had made a lot of careers and now Changwook's life was perfect and peaceful but never boring, not with his lively spirited wife around. 

 

Changwook was still an FBI agent, evidenced by the black Calvin Klein x-fit solid slim fit suit and navy tie, that he wore and the FBI badge prominently displayed on his jacket's pocket but was just a regular field agent now. He had a desk and all, though he was there only one-fifth of the time. He had given up his undercover work that would have kept him away from his wife for days, possibly even weeks or months at a time. Instead, he now trains undercover agents two days a week. He was also unofficially rumored to be the director of the FBI someday. His future at the bureau look bright indeed but that was nothing compared to that of his personal life. 

 

Which was what had brought Changwook to the maximum security prison today; his personal life, not his work. Changwook was there visiting his father-in-law. 

 

Changwook had to pull some serious strings for this meeting as Sejoon wasn't normally allowed, visitors. His contact with the outside world or lack thereof was carefully and vigilantly control. Sejoon wasn't even allowed to send or receive mail. He wasn't allowed access to the prison library so he didn't have access to a computer. He was lock inside of a windowless cell for twenty-four hours a day and would be for the rest of his life. He has permanently locked away from the outside world, he could neither receive nor send information. 

 

Sejoon having any access to the outside world had been deem far too dangerous to allow and so every step had been taken to prevent it from happening. 

 

It was also a little gift from Changwook and the FBI. 

 

The clinking of chains alerted Changwook to the approaching prisoner, the slowly approaching prisoner as it wasn't easy walking in leg irons. 

 

A moment later Sejoon steps into view around the firmly attach mental divider that allows each set of prisoner/visitor the illusion of privacy. 

 

Sejoon's eyes zero in on him immediately. 

 

An array of emotions flash across Sejoon's unprepared face and Changwook's sharp eyes caught them all. Surprise, anger, confusion and hatred then back to anger and finally a too-fake delighted expression settled on Sejoon's now grey features. 

 

As Sejoon awkwardly settled into the chair on the other side of the bullet-proof piece of glass with the round metal two-way speaker embedded in the center of it, ignoring the two prison guards that position themselves on either side of him, Changwook studied the man who had once been his life's very unhealthy obsession. 

 

Sejoon was dress in a prison-blue jumpsuit with numbers stamped on either side of his jumpsuit in black and he was handcuff and manacled, the two attached by a long chain that ran from the middle link of the handcuffs to the middle link of the ankle manacles. 

 

The manacles were very similar to those Sejoon had once intended for his own daughter to wear in what had been his very own personal design breeding cell that he had once lock Changwook and his wife inside of in hopes that they will give him a grandson. 

 

Sejoon had lost weight, eighteen pounds if Changwook had to guess and his once black hair was now mostly grey. His once perfectly groom face was cover with greying growth that made him look scruffy but stop one step short of the homeless look and he had aged too, there were noticeably more wrinkles on Sejoon's face, especially around his mouth and eyes and even though Sejoon's expression was one of polite mild interest and his body language was obviously intended to appear laid back and relax, the older man just couldn't seem to convincingly pull the aloof off. 

 

Behind Sejoon, two prison guards took post on either side of him. 

 

Sejoon sat himself down, intent on being civilized regardless of the fact that he was chain up like a dog, whenever he was outside of his cell he was shackled at the wrist and ankles with two guards with him at all times. 

 

One day Sejoon would get out and then he will take the young man sitting opposite from him apart piece by piece. He had lost everything. The FBI had stolen all his money and assets, all of it, even the well-hidden accounts offshore. They had completely dismantled his organization and had either kill or arrested most of his family. He had no friends, no allies, no money, no power. Nothing left but his name and the blood in his veins and it was all Ji Changwook's fault. One day, one-day Sejoon would have his revenge. 

 

"Changwook, it's so nice to see you." Sejoon ask casually, "How have you been?" 

 

Changwook hadn't expected Sejoon to be anything else other than falsely cordial. Even behind bars, even after losing everything, Sejoon would forever be the businessman. 

 

To say that Changwook was enjoying himself was an understatement, he was downright smug. 

 

"I'm living the dream." Changwook answer, with barely contain delight smugness as he intentionally scratches the side of his nose with his left hand even though he had no itch. 

 

The only thing the gesture achieve was that it flash his wedding band, a simple platinum band with an engraving on the inside. 

 

"You?" Changwook enquired. Did he have a sparkle in his eye? He felt like he should have if he didn't. 

 

Sejoon's eyes narrow at the sight of the wedding band, proof that Changwook was out living his life while he was locked up like a dog. Sejoon wanted to reach through the glass and rip out the young traitor's throat, he should have killed him when he had the chance but he was careful not to let that show. He would have his revenge one day. Let the young FBI agent enjoy his moment. 

 

"My days are as pleasant as they can be, thank you for asking Changwook," Sejoon replied, with strain cool politeness. He then lean back in his chair, it was the best casual pose that Sejoon could manage shackle as he was, "So tell me Changwook, what brings you here to my little patch of paradise?" 

 

Now Changwook's grin was downright gloating. He crosses his legs and leans back in his chair, in a perfectly at ease pose, his brown eyes sparkling with taunting delight. 

 

"My wife gave birth last week." Changwook stated proudly, "I wanted to pass along the joyous news." 

 

Changwook reaches into the pocket of his jacket and pulls out a photograph which he promptly laid across his palm and then lean forward to place it against the glass right in front of Sejoon's face. 

 

It was a photo of his wife Yoona in a white hospital gown sitting up in a white hospital bed holding a baby bundle wrap up in a white hello world plush blanket, her blue sapphire, and 3/8 ct. t.w. diamond five stone wedding band in 14k white gold were visible, gently in both arms to her . It wasn't obvious by the photo but the newborn infant was sleeping soundly. 

 

Changwook's smile turns darkly gleeful. The glint of victory blazing in his brown eyes, making Sejoon think of a victorious general who had just squash every enemy he had been sent to conquer. 

 

"Take a good look." Changwook told him, his voice as hard and as cold as ice, "Because this is all you are ever going to see of your grandchild, of Yoona and my child. This child and any others we have will grow up never knowing that you even exist. Your evil won't ever again touch my family. You will die in here alone and unmourned and without anyone left to carry on your legacy." 

 

Changwook rose to his feet and button his suit jacket only two buttons but he never broke eye contact with Sejoon, remembering a time when their position had been reversed. A time when it had been Changwook in chains who had been looking up at Sejoon who at the time had believed that he had beaten Changwook. 

 

"It all ends with you." Changwook told him softly, but there was no kindness in his voice, "Goodbye Sejoon." And Changwook turns and walk away from Sejoon, heading for the locked door that would only open for him at this moment in time. 

 

Sejoon shot to his feet, putting his forehead against the glass, fury turning his face a violent red. He slams his cuff hands against the glass as hard as he could in his shackle state. 

 

"What's his name?!" Sejoon demanded furiously, his businessman's mask slipping from his face completely, "Hey! What's his name?! Tell me his name! His name!" 

 

Changwook pause at the door, only turning his head to look back at him with contempt but then Changwook grin smugly and reach out to knock once on the door which was promptly open from the other side. 

 

Changwook had known before entering this room that Sejoon would ask and what his answer would be. 

 

He would answer and then Changwook would walk out of the room and the prison and neither he nor his wife would ever think about this man ever again, let alone see or talk to him ever again. 

 

"Her name is Ji Yoonhee." 

 

By the time Changwook step out of the external gate of the prison the smile on his face was no longer smug. Instead, it was the smile of a man who had everything he had ever wanted in his life and couldn't be happier. Changwook slid into the front seat of his black Hyundai borrow from the local FBI branch office when he had flown in that morning and started the engine, pulling out of the parking lot that was nothing more than a large patch of sand and dirt. 

 

He wanted to get home to his wife and daughter, to Yoona and Yoonhee. His family. The pain of the past was well and truly gone, now only a memory. He had happiness beyond that he had ever dreamed of and he owed it all to the woman he loves today every bit as much as he had when he had married her nearly three years ago. 

 

Life was perfect. Sejoon's legacy was at an end but Changwook's had only just begun. 

 

He had to get home. He wanted to get home. Yoona, his wife, and their daughter were waiting for him. 

 

The past was finally at peace. Now only a happy future laid ahead and it was bright indeed. 

 


 

N/A: I'm sorry for making chapter 17 so short but I still hope you guys enjoy it. ^^ 

BTW, I would love to thank you all wonderful readers, subscribers, etc. I know a lot of you guys don't want it to end just yet but like kaiyoonhae said, every story needs an ending, hahaha. 
Some of you guys want more Yoona x Changwook story in the future and since you guys have been so patient with me I will make more in the future but please be patient with me again, hahaha since I miss writing about my DBSK x SNSD couples but I will also write about Yoona x Changwook too. 
As I said last week in the latest update, I will be writing a SUPERNATURAL not a fantasy story, hahaha, about SNSD Yuri and TVXQ Yunho, one of my favorite couple, this week but will be posting the first chapter next week but down below is the title I will be using and the summary, sorry but probably for this new upcoming fanfiction I will be making the summary short, for the fanfiction so hope you guys like it. 

'A Wolf's Mate 

In the world of werewolves, it is known that they are meant to mate with their kinds and they mate for life but what happens when Prince Yunho's mate isn't an immortal like him but a human girl instead?' 

 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡