Prologue

Area 17
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had never thought of our odd number of lost boys to be a shining beacon that drew in misfortune. Instead, we even used it to our advantage until we had been the ones that bent it according to our will like youngblooded heralds of chaos.

But now as we stood by the deckhands of the ship we smuggled, contempt started to fill me as I watch the seaside hotel burn into cinders, thinking that maybe the two headed snake of misfortune finally decided to bite us back in the to rain karma over all our misdeeds.

"Our client better be honest about the 1 billion won bounty I think I felt my wanted reward shoot up to a tenfold amount." Jeonghan voiced in impeding dread.

"We've been bamboozled." I professed the miserable aura that suddenly floated around the ship sinking into my veins like a sickly miasma upon the weight of my admission.

Jeonghan shook his head, refusing to believe it, at the works of comforting me. "I know it wasn't our finest. But we made it out in one piece and with the mark in our hands.  Don't be so hard on yourself. We have some cash to spare  to make up for the damage."

But we didn't. I felt frustration rise at my lenience, at the fact I chose to ignore the ill omens that suddenly arose. "We don't. We never left evidence, but now everyone knows it's the work of the carat convicts and all because of a damn signal that rigged our spybugs, the bombs, the drones. We have no cash to spare because if you summed up the whole amount of all our sentences hung around our neck like a noose. What do you think would be the total!?"

Jeonghan reeled back at tantrum,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter