interpretation

If Looks Could Kill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Mark found himself at Jinyoung’s studio again. The older had kissed him when he walked in and Mark savoured the sweetness of it. He had been so unsure of Jinyoung’s intentions but when the producer didn’t attempt to initiate anything last night, Mark had gained a little bit of confidence that maybe this could be a real thing.

 

Once Mark sat down in his chair, Jinyoung pulled him closer so that their chairs were right up against each other. He watched as the older absentmindedly placed a hand on his knee as he pulled up the song they were working on yesterday.

 

Mark had expected all the touchiness at first because he had witnessed firsthand how Jinyoung got guys under his spell but once Mark had pulled away from this being a purely ual relationship, a part of him thought that the touchiness wouldn’t continue. All the touches and kisses without ual intention made them feel romantic and the rapper wasn’t sure if that was real or if he just wanted it to be.

 

“We got through the majority of the song yesterday, so we really only have the bridge and the last verse to do today,” Jinyoung said haphazardly, sipping his coffee. He seemed more tired than the day before.

 

Today he was wearing a big cardigan with a striped long sleeve and ripped jeans. It seemed like a merge of what Mark usually saw him wear and what Jinyoung wore yesterday. It felt as if there were two sides to him and Mark thought that he liked the softer, more sweet side of him better. He wondered what side he would get today.

 

Mark nodded and said, “Sounds good, where are we starting?”

 

The other hesitated, his expression softening. “I was thinking we could start where we left off, if that’s alright with you?”

 

Even though he couldn’t get the part yesterday, Mark felt determined today. “Yeah, I think I can do it now.”

 

Jinyoung squeezed his knee in reassurance and then gestured to the microphone. “Ready when you are.”

 

And all it took was that first try. The producer grinned at him and said, “That was great, perfect actually.”

 

With a grin of his own, Mark smiled back at him, feeling proud of himself.

 

The rest of the recording went by fast. Mark didn’t need as much direction this time because he already had an idea of what Jinyoung wanted from him. All he had to do was use his words from yesterday and apply them to the lines for today.

 

Before he knew it they were on the last line. Mark’s voice was getting a little hoarse from rapping so much and Jinyoung noticed. The rapper first saw him frown during a take and Mark thought he had done something wrong but Jinyoung just shook his head.

 

“I’ll be right back,” He promised as he got up, but upon seeing the rapper’s worried face Jinyoung kissed his cheek and left. The light touch took the frown right off his face and replaced it with a shy smile.

 

Within a minute, the producer returned with a mug in hand. He gestured for Mark to take it, so he did. Mark held it with both hands, sniffing at the steam that came from it. He glanced up at Jinyoung curiously.

 

“It’s lemon tea with honey,” The older explained with a smile. “It’ll help with your throat.”

 

Mark took a sip and closed his eyes, immediately his throat felt better. It had barely registered with him that his throat was hurting at all. He was thankful that Jinyoung took notice and did something about it.

 

After a few sips and opening his eyes, Jinyoung nodded to himself and said, “Ready to go again?”

 

His hand was hovering over the keyboard, ready to hit record but Mark reached out and held his hand, “But I haven’t gotten to thank you yet.”

 

The producer’s eye brow raised, probably wondering what type of thank you Mark meant. The brunette held the side of his face gently and leaned in, kissing him. He pulled back after a couple of seconds, brushing the side of Jinyoung’s jaw with his thumb and smiled.

 

Jinyoung hummed in appreciation, his dark eyes melted under Mark’s soft gaze as he said, “I like it when you thank me.”

 

“I like it when you take care of me,” Mark let slip. As soon as he heard those words out in the open and saw Jinyoung’s expression change to something unreadable, the same flash of emotion in his eyes, Mark wanted to take it back. It was too domestic of a statement. It made it seem like the rapper thought this relationship was more than it was. It made Mark feel vulnerable.

 

But then Jinyoung’s expression changed into a smile and he said, “Do you want to try the last line?”

 

Mark took a deep breath and nodded. This was it. This was his last excuse to be around Jinyoung without sleeping with him. Just this short little line. His hand gripped the chair underneath him and he hoped the other wouldn’t notice.

 

He stumbled through the first couple takes but had it down on the third one. He should be happy, Mark thought. They finished the song. Jinyoung seemed to be, he was grinning as he added the last recording to the song, playing it through. But Mark wasn’t. He had enjoyed their little bubble of happiness, of Mark pretending that they were more than they actually were.

 

The rapper hadn’t noticed the song ending or even Jinyoung speaking to him until he felt the older squeezing his hand. He had forgotten that their fingers were still laced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter