what's this?

If Looks Could Kill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

made it subscriber only because my stories are always subscribers only but I wanted to try it out not having that :)  but it feels weird so it’s back to subs only~ thank you to everyone who has been leaving comments <3 

The next day, Mark got a text from Jinyoung with the address of his studio. He smiled way too much at the simple message and it made Mark wonder if he should even go at all, worried he would do something he would regret. But then he heard Youngjae’s voice in his head saying what’s the worst that could happen and Mark decided to go after all.

Luckily, he didn’t have as hard of a time finding Jinyoung’s studio as he did with 76. Jinyoung opened the door after the first knock and revealed himself looking a little different than Mark had come to expect him. His hair was lying flat over his forehead, with just a simple white shirt and jeans. The casual look was unexpected but what really surprised Mark were the cute round glasses that Jinyoung was wearing.

He smiled and said, “I didn’t know you wore glasses.”

Mark saw his expression change into amusement, “They help me see.”

“Wild concept.”

For a second Mark wondered if he was being too cheeky but then he saw Jinyoung smiling as he lead him to the desk where he had all of his equipment.

The producer replied back with, “I only really wear them when I have to read something.”

“You should wear them more often, they’re cute,” Mark heard himself saying. He panicked, realizing what he had just admitted and pretended to cough. He didn’t miss how Jinyoung’s cute smile got wider.

Jinyoung gestured for Mark to take a seat while he grabbed something. It gave Mark the time to look around. He swiveled his chair to see the neat, bright area. There was a keyboard next to the desk and a couch on the other side of the room. Jinyoung had a couple monitors set up with speakers next to them and a microphone near the end of the desk.

For some reason, the rapper was expecting to see a dark room, with maybe neon lights or something supposedly aesthetic. A lot of his friends back home had their studios set up like that. But it looked like Jinyoung preferred something different. It was refreshing.

When Jinyoung came back, he played the song he had been talking about before. It was bit surprising as Mark half expected that the song was just a lie to get him over here, but Jinyoung seemed serious about it.

“I had another friend singing the chorus but I just couldn’t figure out what to do with the verses, but once I heard you rap it clicked,” The producer said, looking back to him. This time his eyes were playful but not in the way that Mark had come to expect them. There was an underlying serious note to them instead of being alluring. “So, what do you think?”

“I like it,” Mark nodded and then began looking through the backpack he brought, pulling out a notebook. “Actually, I think I have some lyrics that could fit too.”

He handed them over and Jinyoung took them, reading carefully. The producer crossed his legs and sat back in his chair. It was weird seeing the other like this, Mark thought. He wasn’t used to this side of Jinyoung. All he had ever seen was the seductive side of him. It made him wonder what other sides of Jinyoung there were.

“Mm,” the producer hummed. “I see what you mean, they do fit the vibe I was going for.”

Mark frowned, to him that sounded more like a rejection than anything else. But then he noticed Jinyoung grab a pen and start writing. Getting curious, Mark moved his chair closer so he could look over Jinyoung’s shoulder.

He was crossing some lines out and rewording the lyrics. Usually Mark would be pissed if someone did that but surprisingly he actually agreed with most of the annotations. Most being the key word.

“No, I don’t think you should change that,” Mark said, their shoulders touching as he got close enough to point to the word he was referring to. “It holds the whole line together, see?”

He rapped the verse and Jinyoung watched him, nodding as if he agreed. Mark then pointed to another line that Jinyoung changed and said, “But I think that this goes well with that.”

The other hummed in agreement and Mark felt warm as he realized that he could actually feel the hum. He didn’t know that they were sitting that close. But Jinyoung either hadn’t noticed or didn’t care.

After a few more edits, Jinyoung slide the notebook over and said, “Rap this part for me.”

Mark followed his instructions, keeping his eyes on the page and trying to not focus on the way Jinyoung was watching him. Every now and then he would make little corrections like “say this word a little slower” or “make your voice lower”. It made him feel special that Jinyoung was paying such close attention to him.

Once he was done, he braved a glance over and saw that Jinyoung was nodding to himself.

“I think it’s going to work,” He said confidently, flashing Mark a smile.

The rapper internally groaned, it was like Jinyoung was trying to make his heart melt on purpose.

“But I want to rework the bridge a bit,” Jinyoung said. “We could record it today, if you’d like?”

“Yeah sure,” Mark replied. Maybe he smiled too wide or maybe he looked too excited because Jinyoung said, “You know, you’re much cuter when you’re not trying to avoid me.”


Over the next hour or so, the two wrote the bridge together. Jinyoung kept having Mark rap certain lines and changing how he sung them but Mark didn’t mind. It was weird how much more comfortable he felt around Jinyoung in this setting. The night before, he was practically shaking just trying to keep the producer off his mind.

Jinyoung had just asked if Mark was ready to record when the brunette’s stomach grumbled.

“Are you hungry?” The other said and for a second Mark thought he was suggesting something with the way that Jinyoung’s voice lowered but then he said, “We could grab lunch.”

The rapper touched his stomach and realized that he had forgotten breakfast that morning. He chewed on his lip, noticing how Jinyoung was watching him and said, “I’d be down for a milkshake.”

Jinyoung laughed as he got up and Mark followed, “A milkshake? Promise me you’ll eat more than that.”

“Fine, a burger too.”

The producer held the door open for him to walk through and teased, “No fries?”

Mark grinned and said, “Oh, all the fries.”


After ordering, the two sat by the window. Mark was wondering how Jinyoung was going to act now that they weren’t in a music setting. But so far, his demeanor hadn’t changed at all.

“You know, when I first met you at 76 I thought there was no way this guy was a rapper,” Mark started, dipping his fry in ketchup. Across from him Jinyoung was already grinning. “But then I found out you were a producer and it all made sense.”

“What? You don’t think I can rap?” Mark’s head snapped up thinking that maybe he was mistaken and had just offended Jinyoung but then he saw the glimmer in the other’s eyes. “I’m just kidding, I’m a rapper.”

“You’ve rapped before?” The brunette asked curiously.

When pink rose to Jinyoung’s cheeks, Mark thought he was seeing things.

“It was a dare,” He explained, not quite making eye contact.

Mark raised his eyebrows as he sipped his milkshake, wanting to know more.

“Jaebum made me rap with him on this song and it was like years ago and terrible,” The producer said, looking like he wanted to move on from this topic. But Mark wasn’t going to let him go that easily.

“Can I hear it? Or was it like a one time thing?”

Jinyoung groaned and then upon seeing that Mark was still staring at him expectantly, he confessed, “We made a music video and everything.”

When Mark saw the other grabbing for his phone, looking like he was searching for something he started grinning. Jinyoung slid his phone over the table and Mark watched with greedy eyes.

Not even a second went by before Mark was laughing. “You wore studded chokers?”

Jinyoung clicked his tongue, looking away. The blush was more prominent now.

“Wait is that Jaebum?” Mark asked. “He had colored highlights? Oh man, I gotta show Youngjae this.”

The producer scratched at his neck, looking vulnerable for the first time. “Just wait, it gets worse.”

And it truly did. It wasn’t long before Mark had his hand over his mouth, trying to stop himself from laughing harder. “What was that? Shake it for me? Oh my god who wrote these lyrics?”

He was enjoying himself, never having thought he would see Jinyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter