Four

Hardship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I miss my Yonggie. I am content to see him in the office, it’s better than not seeing him at all. Even if he’s being a jerk, I can’t be angry at him. Every time I see him looking at me, in his eyes I can see the Yonggie that I knew. I know he feels something towards me but chooses to ignore it. I feel jealous every time I see them together; it’s supposed to be me. I’m his wife but what can I do? I’m so close yet so far from him.

7 months since he remembered who really he is but not a single day he remembers about me, about us. I tried many possible things for him to remember me but nothing works. I forced my cousin Bom to let me work in his company so I could be close to him. For 2 months that I’ve been working as his secretary, sometimes I try to seduce him. I know it’s wrong but I’m desperate. One day, he was working late at night, I thought he was working but he was out drinking. I wouldn’t know if I hadn’t come inside to his office to tell him that I’m going home. Due to his drunkenness, I can’t leave him alone. I stayed and took care of him. He told me that he and Bommie got into a fight and he wanted to drink to forget. I accompanied him but the next thing that happened; I woke up beside him, our clothes scattered around the office. I didn’t know what to feel. I felt sad and guilty. Sad that he couldn’t remember what happened last night. I’m sure he’ll gonna think that it was Bommie and not me. And then I feel guilty for betraying my cousin. I’m not his lover. He’s not my husband. I have to accept the fact that we’re not meant for each other; that the Yonggie I love is already dead 7 months ago. It’s hard to mask the feelings that I have for him so I decided to end my misery and heal my broken heart. I have to resign from my work and be away from him.

After a month, I found out that I’m pregnant. I’m so happy about it, but the problem is how am I going to tell Yonggie about my pregnancy? I told my parents about my condition. I planned not to tell Jiyong and just start a new life together with my baby but my parents’ objects. They told me he must know about the child and about our marriage that it is time for him to know the truth. But I’m afraid of what his reaction will be. What if he won’t accept me? What if he will abandon the baby? Or worst, he would request to abort my baby? I can’t bear the hurtful things that he will tell me. I also have another problem; how about unnie? She will be hurt for sure. I’m scared of what will be their reaction, but my parents said they will be supporting me if ever he’ll abandon us. They said that they won’t leave me alone; that they will be at my side.

But my world fell and my heart broke into pieces when I decided to tell him the truth. I planned to go alone but mom insisted to come with me. She’s afraid of what will be the outcome of our talk and she wanted to be sure that I’ll be okay. When we went to his office and talked to him; I’ll never forget the way he looked at me and proceeded to insult me; like I was a disgusting creature unworthy for him. My mom got angry and we went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter