Beginning

Hardship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m going to tell you a story of my love life. It’s about my first love and my first heartbreak. I’m 21 years old, living at Busan with my parents and my brother. I’m working as a waitress at the café near our town. Were not rich but were also not too poor. It all started when it’s my day off from work. I was walking aside the shore when I saw an unconscious man. I immediately walk towards him and examine his body. When I saw blood near his head I got panic. I call the ambulance then shake his body. I also called my parents and told them what I discover. There are so many questions comes to my head that time. Who is he? What happen to him? Is he alive or dead? My thoughts ended when I heard the ambulance. They immediately got him and we went to the hospital.

I was outside the emergency room still waiting for the doctor who examines the man in the shore until my parents arrived. In a half hour, the doctor came and told us he was safe form danger we felt relief. We were now inside the room waiting for him to wake up. The doctor said he will wake up in a few minutes. My parents went out to buy fruits so I’m the only one left. I was reading the magazine when I heard a small murmur. I look at him and he was finally awake. I went towards him and ask him many questions like who is he? What happen to him? Where did he live? But he just only blankly stares at me.

***FLASHBACK***

“Are you okay? Ummm… you want something? Like water?” I asked him but I got no response from him. I just got a glass of water then give it to him. He gladly drinks it as I help him to drink. His body was still weak. I put the glass on the table after then introduce myself.

“Mister… I’m Park Sandara but you can call me Dara and you are?” I said with a smile. He just stares then after a while he silently murmurs.

“What is it? I can’t hear you?” I asked.

“Yong” he weakly said.

“Yong?” I frown. Is that his name? I scowl but his expression was still the same.

“You mean “Yong” was your name?” I ask but I got silence from him. I just sigh.

“Okay, I think that was your name Yong!” I happily said.

“So Yong, How old are you? Where you from? What happen to you?” I asked. He just frowns and was going to tell me something when his head hurts.

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH” he screams while holding his head.

“OMO! What happen to you?” I got panic. I went to his side then caress his head until my parents arrived. They immediately called the doctor.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

We found out that he got amnesia. The impact he have in his head was too strong that it damage his brain. He can’t remember who he is. All he can remember was the word YONG. So we ended calling him Yong for the thought that was his name and because of his condition my parents decided to adapt him until he remembers. For a month, we search all over the place if they know him but no one knows him. He was a nice guy. He helps my parents working at the farm. Within a month my parents like him so much and they treat him like their own son. Mom teaches him how to cook while dad teaches him how to plant. Yong also got close to my brother Sanghyun too. Sometimes I felt I’m the outsider. I remember the day when we talk sincerely.

“***FLASHBACK***

It’s my mother’s birthday and we were happily celebrating her birthday. Yong cooked her favorite food while I bake a cake. Mom appreciates Yong’s hard work than mine. I got hurt. While were celebrating I went outside to take a deep breath.

“Wahhhhh! I can’t believe mom was pleased at Yong. I felt I’m not her daughter.” I talk to no one then sigh. I look at the sky and stare at the bright star.

“Ohhh! What a lovely night.” I said. I was going to stand up when strong arms wrap around me.

“Here you are…” he said as I slap his arms.

“Yah! You startled me!” I scolded while he chuckle. He put his chin on my shoulder.

“What are you doing here?” I just pout and keep silence.

“Aigoo… You’re jealous because mom loves me more than you?” he teasingly said.

“Yah! I’m not jealous!” I angrily shout and slap his arms hard then glare at him.

“Woah! Easy…” he just laughs at me hard. I annoyingly stand up and ready to go inside when he grabs my wrist and make me sit at his side.

“Okay… I’m sorry. I was just joking.” He said then grabs my head to put it on his shoulder while we were watching the sky above. We were silently watching until he talks.

“Thank you” he sincerely said.

“For what?” I asked

“For accepting me to your family” I look at him he was still watching the sky.

“You know you should not got jealous it should be Me.” he said

“Yonggie…I’m not…” I shyly look away then pout he just chuckle.

“You have a happy family Dee… You know who your parents are. While me I can’t… I can’t remember anything. Where do I live? Who my parents are? Where they searching for me? What kind of a person I am? There are so many questions comes to my mind.” He pauses and takes a deep breath.

“You know Dee I’m afraid. I’m afraid to my future. I’m afraid to know who really I am…” he continues. I cup his face then face me.

“Yonggie… don’t be afraid you should face it. I know you’re a good person, loving and caring too. I’m 100%sure you’re family still looking for you. We still don’t give up in searching you’re family. Someday you’re going to meet them.” I said as I brightly smile at him.

“But what if I’m the opposite?” he sigh. I just shake my head.

“No, think positive… I’m sure you’re a good guy and you’re family were waiting for you to come back.”

***END OF FLASHBACK***

After that moment Yong just enjoy living around us. I help him to get a job and ended to be a waiter at the café where I work. When Yong started working many customers come to our café especially young girls. Yong was tall and handsome man no wonder girls like him. I should be happy because we have many customers but it was the opposite it make me irritated especially if young girls will stare at him. I told my best friend who also my boss about it she just laugh at me and teasing me that I’m in love. Love? It never comes to my mind. Love is really a big word that it should be cherish. I don’t think so it was love at all. I just struggle the thought and do my routine. Until I woke up and realize I fell in love with him. I don’t know it started but every time I saw him my heart beats so fast and there was butterfly in my stomach. Every time I saw young girls giggling when they saw him I got annoyed and wanted to shout them that he was my man but sad to say he’s not. I can only admire him from afar and secretly love him. My best friend told me I should confess to him what my true feelings but I got scared what if he just only sees me as a sister? What if he just loves me as a friend? I’m afraid to get hurt and this is the first time happens to me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter