Pre-Appointment

Little Miracle: A Jinmin Mpreg Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day finally came for Jimin to have his pre-appointment. Jin made sure to get him up early and reward him with a healthy breakfast. 

The whole ride there, Jimin couldn't seem to swat the butterflies from his stomach. It had been exactly one week since he received the positive and he still couldn't believe there was a little baby stirring around inside of him. Maybe this appointment would be the light to his darkness.

The sign-in wasn't too difficult. All Jin had to do was tell the lady at the desk his name, show her his I.D. and they were directed to the appointed room.

Jimin sat on the patient's table and waited until the doctor arrived. "What if they judge me, Jin?"

"They won't" Jin assured him. "Having babies is a completely normal thing."

"Are you sure," The singer said holding back the choking sensation in his throat. 

"I promise."

The creak of the door interrupted their little moment. "This is Park Jimin, correct?"

"Yes, that's right" He confirmed twiddling his thumbs. No matter what anyone told him, he still felt nervous. Even though it's a baby appointment, not a regular appointment, they said, nothing could diminish the anxiety the boy felt sitting on that table.

"Okay then, I'm going to run a couple of tests on you. Just listen to me and everything will be okay,"

"Okay"

She then lifted up Jimin's shirt and placed her hands on his abdomen. Jin could see the discomfort in his lover's eyes as she felt around and pushed on it slightly. He just lightly the boy's back, hoping to calm him down just a bit.

She then started scribbling away on her clipboard. Jimin took note of her serious, almost emotionless face. Was something wrong? He didn't exactly have the courage to ask

"Lay down please," She said abruptly.

"Why?" Jimin questioned, "What is it?"

"Just an ultrasound," She answered with that same stern expression. "Now please lay down" Jimin did as he was told and even more, lifted his shirt in preparation for the cold gel that was to be spread on his abdomen.

She placed the doppler stick to the gel and searched around until they were able to hear the sweet thumping of the baby's heart from the speakers.

"Is that the heartbeat?" Jin asked.

"That's right" The doctor switches on the screen to reveal a tiny blob in the center of an abyss of black fog. "Right there" She points to the tiny gummy bear shaped blob "That's your baby. And the flickering dot in the center is its heartbeat."

"Really?" Jimin asked in surprise. It was so surreal, from the heartbeat to actually seeing it on screen. There really WAS a baby in his tummy. He and Jin really would be parents. There was no doubt about it now.

"From my observations, you seem to be about 6 and a half weeks along. The baby is a healthy size." The doctor looks down at her clipboard. "The only thing I'd recommend is that you take a daily dose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter