Yoo Jeongyeon - Earth Birthday: 1st November 1995 - Time Freeze

sending you a signal

“What are you thinking about?”

Jihyo’s distracted voice sounds in her ears, and Jeongyeon smiles easily, chin propped up on the palm of her hand. “You.”

Jihyo only scoffs and tosses a balled up piece of paper at her, but Jeongyeon’s wrist flicks up before she can get back to her work. The wad of paper is still, right before her nose, and Jeongyeon almost feels bad moving it out of the way. She admires Jihyo’s perfect aim almost as much as the girl herself. The present seeps back in with another flick of her wrist, and Jihyo’s lips quirk into a fond smile as the paper bounces off the wall on the other side of the room.

“Cheater.” Still, Jihyo doesn't say any more about the fact that she’s paying more attention to her than the heavy book split open before her, and Jeongyeon’s smile widens, feeling Sana’s hand creeping around her waist from behind.

“Morning,” Sana murmurs, nosing against Jeongyeon’s shoulder, pressing a kiss to the skin exposed by Jeongyeon’s loose t-shirt. Jeongyeon brushes her hand over Sana’s, their fingers slotting together easily over Jeongyeon’s stomach.

“It’s almost 3 in the afternoon,” Jeongyeon tells her, voice lilting in amusement, thumb running over Sana’s semi-transparent hand. “Not all here yet, huh?”

“I think I need Jihyo’s cuddles, too,” Sana answers with a smirk hidden against her skin, and Jihyo lifts her head with an eyebrow quirked. Jeongyeon only shrugs, beckoning her over with a look.

“You heard our princess,” Jeongyeon states simply, and Jihyo groans but both she and Sana know she’s happy to be away from fixing the mess Dahyun and Chaeyoung’s made that week. Sock clad feet drag over cool wood floors, and soon the bed dips with its third occupant, happily engulfed by a Sana who climbs right over Jeongyeon to settle in the middle.

“Ouch, Sana,” Jeongyeon grouches, but Sana only laughs, drawing both her and Jihyo’s arms around her. Jihyo smiles at her over Sana’s head, and Jeongyeon sighs and sinks into the bed, scooting a little closer.

They lie together in the mess of their sheets, bathed in the soft warmth of the sunlight filtering through the windows and time seems to stop then, too. Jihyo croons a soft, old song with no name on Earth, Sana joins her, and Jeongyeon knows that if she could still time for a single moment for the rest of her life, it would be this one.