Hirai Momo - 9 November 1996 - Super Speed

sending you a signal

“You’ll give me a kiss?”

Momo rests a hand on either side of Dahyun’s chair, tilting her head and giving her girlfriend a hopeful smile. Dahyun’s pale cheeks flood with colour at her words, and Momo can’t help the way her heart skips a beat, with how pretty Dahyun looks, sitting so lovely in the shade and scribbling down notes in Jihyo’s little record book.

“You can't just say things like that, Momo unnie,” Dahyun murmurs, but tucks a loose strand of hair behind Momo’s ear, thumb running over soft skin. “But, I’ll give you a deal.”

“A deal?” Momo entertains the idea, leaning into Dahyun’s touch as her thumb continues its journey, tracing along her jawline.

“For every lap you make around the track in a minute, I’ll make a Dahyun for you to kiss.” Momo brightens at her words, and almost kisses her right then, if it weren't for the way Dahyun cups her cheeks, holding her still. “After your laps, unnie.”

“You owe me, Kim Dahyun,” Momo says with a pout before taking off to stand at the starting line like she does every week, the track worn and well-loved from the constant tests Jihyo liked to conduct. She takes a deep breath, casting one more look towards Dahyun before she speeds away, lost in her thoughts once more.

Momo wonders just how many people wished they could have her power.

The sun filtering through the trees beats down on her skin as her feet beat against the weathered trail she’s run a million times before and she can't help but wonder. Wonder how many wish they could just run away, how many wish they could leave everything behind, just disappear with a flash. Wonder if she could ever run fast enough to get back home.

Her watch beeps, indicating that a minute has passed, shattering her thoughts and slowing her to a stop. A small breath tumbles past her lips as she places her hands on her hips, before she turns to Dahyun - or rather, Dahyuns - and Momo wonders how she could ever think about leaving.

“You broke your record, unnie,” Dahyun calls out to her, smile as radiant as the sun, and she can barely finish her sentence before Momo’s zipped over, a pleased and expectant smile on her face. Dahyun only shakes her head, grin bashful, but she gives Momo her kiss, and another, and another, and another….

Momo breaks her record, Dahyun gives her kisses, and Momo decides that she wouldn't ever want to be anywhere but here.