Im Nayeon - Earth Birthday: 22nd September 1995 - Temporal Rewind

sending you a signal

Nayeon finds it funny, as she twirls her pencil around her fingers, that she’s gifted with the power of time, especially when she feels like she never has enough of it.

The pencil slips from her fingertips and clatters against the floor for a moment, and she watches it for a moment before drawing time back, like she always does. The pencil returns to her hand and Chaeyoung tsks from her bed, flicking through a page she now has to reread.

“You were too lazy to pick it up?” Chaeyoung asks with a lift of her brows, eyes never leaving her book. It’s another book about another artist, another time, and Nayeon wonders what is must be like to live like Chaeyoung, to see the world through such different eyes. To want to know so much about a world that was never their own.

Nayeon doesn't ask about that, of course, not when Chaeyoung remembers so little of it. Instead she scoffs and crosses her arms, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. “That’s rich coming from someone using her powers to hold her book up.”

Chaeyoung’s lips curve into a smile, and Nayeon admires once more how deep her dimple is, how her hair falls over her shoulders, how beautiful she looks just lying there, bathed in pale golden light. “Fair point.”

“Of course, I’m almost always right,” Nayeon replies, turning back to the shopping list before her, half-finished but already an entire page long.

“Well, you know what they say,” Chaeyoung starts, and the teasing lilt in her voice draws Nayeon’s gaze back towards her. Chaeyoung's grin only widens as Nayeon's eyes narrow. “Elders are very wise.”

Nayeon lets out a noise of outrage at Chaeyoung’s words, and not even Chaeyoung’s powers can deter Nayeon from pouncing upon her to assault her sides. Their afternoon, filled with shrieking laughter and breathless protests, melts into a simple forehead press and languid kisses, a moment of peace in the chaos of their room.

“We have time,” Chaeyoung reminds her, thumb tracing over the crimson of Nayeon’s bottom lip, and Nayeon wonders about how Chaeyoung knows what she’s thinking before she even says anything. 

“Sure you’re not a mind reader?” Nayeon asks, fingers combing through Chaeyoung’s dark hair, her heart b with affection for the girl before her. Chaeyoung only gives a cheeky grin, eyes sparkling, before kissing her once more, sweet and leaving Nayeon aching to follow.

Chaeyoung kisses her and Nayeon can't help but believe her, deeply and completely. For both of their sakes.