What she wouldn't have known.

What Arrived After You Left

 

       “Hey it’s Friday, do you guys just want to grab some clothes and spend the night at my place?” Yoochun asked as he pulled up to Changmin’s house. Victoria nodded and dragged Changmin out the car, after the two came back and put their stuff in the trunk they stopped at Yunho’s place then continued on.

       “I’m hungry.” Changmin said, trying to make his self comfortable now that he was seated awkwardly on Yunho’s lap.

       “When aren’t you hungry?” Yoochun mumbled as they all piled their way into his house, and Changmin automatically found his way to the kitchen with Yunho following close behind. They quickly exited the kitchen seeing as there was nothing in there to eat.

       “Ahh, so hungry.” Changmin said throwing himself over the couch where Junsu and Victoria were already seated.

       “You guys want to go out?”

       “Too tired.”

       “Take out?” Victoria asked pushing the hair out of Changmin’s eyes. Everyone agreed and Yoochun left to get the phone. All the while Yunho still couldn’t get his mind off the couple they had seen earlier. He watched questioningly as the three shifted around on the couch trying desperately to find a more reasonable way to sit, and waited until Yoochun came back.

       “So anyone care to explain to me what happened today?”He said taking a seat in one of the many bean bag chairs scattered around the living room. This was definitely a teenage paradise.

       “We’ve been dealing with it for the past three years and we still don’t know who they are.” Yoochun said as he set the phone back on its bed.

       “And you guys aren’t at all worried about this?”

       “Well they’ve been around so long we figured if anything were going to happen it would have happened a long time ago.” Victoria replied sticking a pillow under the now dozing Changmin’s head. “Guess the soccer game was too much excitement for the little nerd.”

       “Truthfully they used to scare the out of us, especially Changmin and Junsu because we first started seeing them when the two were in middle school.”Jaejoong feeling lonely at the corner of the room waited until Yoochun had sat down to throw himself over the younger. They all settled finally.

       “You haven’t told anyone about this?”

       “We just figured they have a kid here, I mean we only ever see them at school, we told our parents and they just told us to be careful. Honestly the only thing that drew our attention to them was how we only seem to see them when no one else is around. Even that didn’t really matter at first, and then we started seeing them every day. Always around the youngest.”

       “This is the first time we’ve seen them in about 5 months now.” Victoria added still Changmin’s hair as if she’d done it a million times (which she probably has). “Today was more surprising for us than anything, but they do seem sort of worn since the last time we saw them.”

       “I noticed that too but I must admit, the reason I invited you guys over was so that we wouldn’t spend the night brooding over this, and look what we’re sitting here doing.”They all nodded in agreement each of them trying to figure out something to do.

       “Hand me the remote,” Victoria said trying to reach over Changmin without waking him.

       “Not a chance.” Jaejoong said swiping it off the table, nobody wants to watch ‘we got married’” The doorbell rang and Yoochun came back with an arm full of food. Victoria shook Changmin awake and they all grabbed their food before coming back into the living room to eat. Changmin, who was still obviously tired, sat on the floor beside Yunho and leaned heavily on the elder’s side while eating. He couldn’t help but smile at the cute display of affection but Victoria wasn’t so sure about it.

       “Minnie, come sit up here and stop bothering Yunho.”

       “No, I don’t want to move.”He said leaning even further into Yunho.

       “Don’t worry about it. He’s not hurting anyone.” Yunho said looking over his shoulder and Changmin’s head to smile at Victoria.

       “You sure about that Yunho-ah?” Junsu asked skeptically. “Changmin gets really affectionate when he’s tired. I still remember the time he fell asleep sprawled across my back.”

       “He was stuck there for two hours.”Jaejoong added. “I think I need to cut his hair.”

       “NO” Yoochun, Junsu, and Victoria all said in unison

       “Come on I didn’t do that bad of a job last time.”

       “You cut off one of his eyebrows Jae.” Yoochun said. “How does that even happen?”

       “I sneezed so kill me.”

       “We’ll just take him to Key’s we don’t need another mishap especially not before his first date tomorrow~~” Junsu taunted. Changmin sat steadily eating, not paying attention to his friends.  

       “What Changmin’s got a date?” Victoria exclaimed kicking her leg out to hit Changmin’s back, until she got his attention.

       “What?”

       “I heard you’re going on a date tomorrow, with who?”

       “Yunho-hyung.”Changmin said before turning back to his food this time sitting without support. Yunho didn’t dare to look back at Victoria, and Jaejoong gave her a look of encouragement and a shrug of the shoulders. Victoria’s eyes fell back on Yunho who was now eating as if he had been starving.

       “You asked my baby cousin on a date huh?” She said jokingly with a slight unintentional twinge of pain. All she could think about was how her sweet innocent cousin could have done something like this. She had made it as obvious as possible that she liked Yunho. At least she thought she had. She even told Jaejoong about how she had been waiting for Yunho to ask her to the carnival, and people only tell Jaejoong something secret when they want it to spread. All Yunho could do was giggle nervously and smile through a mouth full of food. It immediately disappeared when her smile had begun to tremble.

       The tension in the room was obvious by now, even Changmin had begun to shuffle uneasily. The feeling was a little too overwhelming for him, and he began scratching a non-existent itch on his arm. Junsu noticed and crawled over to stop him.

       “Hey, Jae-hyung, you said you would show me and Min how to make a cake from scratch.” Jaejoong’s face lit up at the mention of cooking.

       “Yes, Chunnie you haven’t run out of milk have you?”

       “I don’t know.” Jaejoong skipped to the kitchen beckoning towards Junsu, who pulled Changmin up by the arm and explained the situation to the younger. Who then just complained that he wasn’t done eating and grabbed his plate as he was pulled out of the room. Yoochun was alarmed by a crash from the kitchen.

       “JUNSU!” Jaejoong’s voice cut through the silent room.

       “PLEASE DON’T DESTROY THE KITCHEN!” Yoochun yelled running out, leaving Yunho and Victoria . . . .alone. Yunho’s plate now empty, he looked back to see Victoria looking over the bar and into the silver kitchen. He followed her eyes and finally saw who she was looking at.

      “Jaejoong told me you were hoping I would ask you on a date, and I’m sorry I really just couldn’t. I know I’m not the most obvious but I am gay and I didn-“

       “Don’t worry about it, people can’t help but fall in love with Changmin. I mean he’s adorable and he’s tall, although he’s a little lacking in personality, and completely screwed mentally.” She said her lips making a thin line. “I mean seriously screwed, but people never see that. They only see this giant baby.” Yunho was scared by now, seeing how easy it was for Victoria to say this, and for her to say it with such a venomous tone as well.

       “Everyone has their issues, every person, and every family.”

       “Yeah,families always have problems, too bad we don’t know where the hell he comes from.”  She said but quickly put her hands over . It seemed as if she had managed to snap herself out of the little trance she hadn’t noticed she’d entered, and it let Yunho relax a little. “Forget anything I said. Just. Forget. It.” She said it threateningly, but the slight tremble of the hands clasping her skirt fabric told another story.

       Just then Jaejoong walked into the living room with flour sprinkled across the front of his apron.

       “Are you two going to get the hint and come help out in here anytime soon?”The two followed him into the kitchen where they saw Junsu measuring out oil, and Changmin concentrated on stirring whatever was in the huge silver mixing bowl.

       “Wouldn’t it be easier to just use the mixer?” Yunho asked taking the bowl from Changmin earning a slight whine. Which Jaejoong quickly snatched and gave it back, instead, handing Yunho a bowl of fruit and a knife.

       “We were before someone,” he glared at Junsu, “broke it. Get cutting.”