What becomes normal

What Arrived After You Left

 

Yunho was more than excited to go to school the next day, but he had another plan in store for that morning. At 6:30 Yunho stood just outside the silver wood gates in front of Changmin’s house even though the first bell wasn’t even set to ring until 8 that morning.

          “Yunho?” Yunho jumped knocking the books from Victoria’s hand before quickly bending over to pick them up. “What are you doing here?” Victoria bent down to assist Yunho in getting his books but by that time he had already begun to stand she was forced to dodge Yunho’s head as he came back up.

          “Ah, Victoria! Sorry!” Yunho wiped off his pants and opened the gate for Victoria to walk through and looked back when she didn’t enter.

          “You still haven’t told me what you’re doing standing outside my cousins house at 7 in the morning.”

          “I came to walk with you guys to school.” He said following behind Victoria as she finally made her way past the gates and up the walk.

          “Well stop being creeperish about it. How long have you been out here?”

          “I walked up just before you did. I thought you were staying here anyway.”

          “Yeah,” she said opening the door. “I had to pick something up from my place. AUNTY!” The two girls sitting on the couch didn’t react to the shout that seemed to shake Yunho’s world and he wonder for a moment if he should check to make sure they were alive, but quickly gave up on that the when he heard two equally as loud hellos’.

          “Gesh, can you enter a room quietly unnie?” Ae Cha asked not bothering to look in Victoria’s direction. Victoria walked past the two girls ignoring them and Yunho followed her into the kitchen.

          “Aunty, where’s Minnie?” Changmin’s mother didn’t reply, choosing instead, to point to the stairs.

          “I’ll be right back,” She said turning to the table and setting her books down before looking over to Yunho “Just…um…yeah.” With that Yunho was left in the kitchen with Changmin’s mother. Victoria returned a few minutes later with Changmin in tow.

          Yunho had plans, big plans but he knew that none of them would be accomplished with Victoria near them. He had seen just how protective she was of him, and he had noticed the strange glare she would send him every time he looked at Changmin for too long. Yet he also knew that Victoria wasn’t going to be the only challenge he would have to face. Changmin, although the oldest, was the baby of the family, and it was quite obvious. He wasn’t even sure if the boy was gay who knew what his parents would think if Changmin returned his feelings. He figured it would be easier to sit back and examine for now, but all those carefully thought out plans were thrown out the window when Victoria entered the kitchen followed by an exhausted looking Changmin, bed head still intact.

          “Omma~” Changmin whined alerting the small woman that had managed to accidently hide herself in the fridge.        

          “What is it Minnie?”

          “I need food.”

          “Get a toaster pastry from the cabinet if you had come down earlier you would have had time to eat.” Changmin whined in the back of his throat and stalked out the kitchen, Yunho following close behind. Just as his Ae Cha and Ae Sook entered, matching smirks plastered on their faces.

          “See you later aunty.” Victoria sighed leaving the kitchen. She walked into the hallway leading to the door and was faced with the sight of Yunho trying to cheer up a sulky Changmin. “Give up Yunho-shi, his attitudes last longer than most.” Yunho didn’t even look up at her statement and something about that lit a flame that quickly defused itself. Yunho tapped the angry

          “Come on Changmin, if you hurry up we can stop by the market on our way there and get something.” Changmin quickly perked up and this surprised even Victoria, but she quickly reminded herself that no matter how angry or upset Changmin was the promise of free food would be more than enough to get him back in high spirits.

          Other than the trip to the market, and the absence of Yoochun it had been a pretty normal school day. Yunho had already managed to find his way to his classes but used it as an excuse to spend more time with Changmin. That’s how they ended up walking into the cafeteria together at lunch.

          Changmin made his way to his usual seat between Victoria and Junsu; while Yunho took a seat beside Jaejoong. The table was quite with a sulky Jaejoong, even Changmin wasn’t in the mood to poke at anyone’s plate.

          “Jae hyung, he’ll be back tomorrow why are you acting like this?” Junsu asked finally fed up with his brother’s dejected puppy act.

          “What happened?”

          “Yoochun’s dad called him yesterday,” Victoria began shoveling a spoonful of rice onto Changmin’s already empty plate. “Told him he had needed help at the company…”

          “So now I’m left alone while he’s off working.” Jaejoong said face-desking the table.

          “Stop being so dramatic, Jae.” Changmin said mockingly. The laughter that had roused up at the table was quieted by the appearance of a very slight girl, with knee length black hair pulled back and braided into a bun.

          “Hey Mia.” Victoria said still trying to suppress giggles. The girl answered back with her heavy American accent.

          “Hey Vicky…who’s your friend?” She asked looking at Yunho. Yunho completely oblivious to her obvious advance simply smiled before answering.

          “Jung Yunho,” He stood up and shook her hand from across the table. “Nice to meet you….”

          “Amelia, but everyone calls me Mia.”

          “You wanted something Mia?” Victoria cut in, hand under her chin with mock curiosity.

          “Oh, yeah. I was wondering if you had already gotten a date for the senior carnival next Saturday.”

          “Nope, I’m still waiting for someone to ask me, if not Changmin might end up being my ‘date’” She said not failing to point at Changmin who was currently staring off into space, a normal occurrence.

          “What about princess here,” She said tugging at Jaejoong’s hair. “will prince charming be joining you?” Seeing that Jaejoong wasn’t going to respond anytime soon Junsu answered for him.

          “Yeah, Chun hyung will be there. Jae hyung’s just throwing a fit.”

          “What about you Yunho?” Yunho nodded “You got a date yet?” She said leaning over the table. This time Yunho was able to catch the hint.

          “No, I’ve already got someone in mind though.”

          “Damn… well I guess I’ll see you guys later.” Mia said. Before she started walking away.

          “Wait,” Victoria called stopping her, “You did all that just to ask him out?”

          “Yep, bye, Vicky.” Mia left the cafeteria and the table was once again engulfed in an awkward silence. Something had caught Victoria’s attention though.

          “You already have someone in mind?” She asked looking at Yunho. Realizing too late what she had just said.

          “Well, yeah, why?”

          “You’ve only been to school here for what two days, and you already have ‘someone in mind?’” she said with a dramatic Yunho impression accompanied by air quotes. Before Yunho could answer the bell rang. Everyone stood to get up from the table, except Changmin.

          “Hey you left your idiot at the table,” came a voice from across the cafeteria. Changmin who had just realized that everyone had left had begun to scramble up from the table. One of his mile long legs getting caught in the chair he was sitting in causing him to come crashing down. Everyone rushed over to help him up Yunho being the first one there. As soon as he was back on his feet Changmin recovered his tray and stomped out of the cafeteria. They didn’t see him again that day until he walked out into the courtyard to head home. 

*

*

*

*

*

Boring chapter( and totally not worth the wait) but I promise I have plenty of excitement planned. *evil smirk*

Comments, criticisms, hell even death threats are deeply appreciated.