Waking 1/5

Surviving
Please log in to read the full chapter

Back to the present

“Ug…” Baekhyun tried opening his eyes but he was so tired they wouldn’t budge. He tried to remember what happened but there was nothing. ‘It must be the exhaustion.’ He felt pain all over, an incredible soreness and emptiness filled him. His head was the worst, especially around his eyes. “Man… this is annoying.”

“Oh, you’re awake!” There was an unknown voice to his left and he tried to turn his head towards the voice but when he moved he felt a spike of pain and released a groan. The stranger spoke again in a soft voice, “don’t try to move too much, you have serious injuries all over your body, especially around your head.” Baekhyun processed the man’s words. “Who are you?”

“Pardon?”

“I said, who are you?”

“I’m sorry sir, I don’t understand.” Baekhyun was appalled, how the hell could the guy not understand him if Baekhyun understood what he was saying perfectly. The man continued to speak, talking more about the extent of his injuries and that was when Baekhyun noticed he wasn’t speaking Kogiwa. Was there another language on their planet he didn’t know about? He could understand it though. Maybe he could try and speak it. Brains are weird that way.

“Hey. Who are you?” The man stopped talking once Baekhyun interrupted him and when he spoke again after a moment of what Baekhyun presumed to be shocked silence he said, “you do speak. I thought you couldn’t speak this language.”

“what language is this?” Another long pause came from the man who was now standing to his right, or so he thought from his voice. “Korean.”

‘What in the koko is Korean.’ Baekhyun stayed silent after that, too tired to talk, this was too weird. The man continued asking him a bunch of questions he didn’t feel like answering. Some of them were weird, the man kept asking him where he was from, and what language he spoke? They were all from the same place, and spoke the same language. ‘Well, I guess there is also Korean.’ He felt a pair of hands touch his forehead and he flinched away, “What the hell do you think your doing!”

“I’m so sorry sir, I can’t understand you. I was removing the bandage from your head.” Baekhyun had enough, this was too confusing. Why would he need a bandage? His hand moved up to his face and that was when he felt the thing around his eyes and head. He couldn’t open his eyes because the bandages blocked them. He started panicking, why were his eyes blocked, why couldn’t he take the thing off, where the hell was he!? The man noticed he was panicking and started speaking to him, before he could reach the teenager and try and stop his panic attack the lights in the room exploded. Everyone going off one by one until the whole room and hallways outside of the room was in total darkness. He looked at the teen on the bed and noticed he had gone unconscious once again, the lights all coming back the moment the boy passed out.

Hours had gone by and Baekhyun had yet to awaken, he was stuck in a world of nightmares and pain. Everything around him felt painful, he wanted to escape to leave this world of darkness but he couldn’t. He simply succumbed to the pain and hoped the nightmare would end.

3 days passed before Baekhyun awoke. This time there was a woman in the room. “His stats are good, heart rate seems to be good and there seems to be no sign of paralysis in his arms or legs, we are looking out for brain trauma.” He heard someone else speak up, another woman, “do we know when he’ll wake up?”

The first spoke, “unfortunately we don’t, however it is likely he will wake up sooner than later.” Right as she finished saying that he spoke, “I’m already awake.” He heard some shuffling of feet before he felt multiple people get closer to him. “Sir, you’re finally awake. How are you feeling? Any pain?” Baekhyun ignored her and said, “why can’t I see? Get this damn thing off me.” He heard more movement before he felt something loosen around his eyes before something was pulled off his head. ‘Finally.’

He opened his eyes and was met with darkness. He heard gasps from the people around him, he felt his hands clench and his heart set on overdrive. “Why can’t I see! What did you do to me!!” The people around him tried to grab him and he tried pushing them away, “Get away from me.” His hand twitched and he heard shattering all around him, what was happening? He couldn’t see anything but he heard someone let out a shriek as more things shattered around him. “You better explain where I am, who you are, and what you’ve done to me. Now.” The young man felt something pinch his arm before he felt his body go lax.

“Sir, we need you to calm down.” Baekhyun tried to resist the loss of control of his limbs but he couldn’t. What had they put in him. “.”

“An… Answer… me.” He heard more people come in the room and heard a familiar voice.

“You’re currently in Seoul National Hospital, the reason you can’t see is because we believe you received serious head trauma that may have affected your vision, you may be temporarily blind, or permanently blind depending on the damage done to your brain. I am doctor Kim, one of the leading residents. We met about 4 days ago when you first woke up.”

“You’re a healer?”

“That’s not how people normally phrase it but yes, I am.”

To say Baekhyun was confused would be an understatement. The man before him claimed to be a healer, but healers had gone extinct long before Baekhyun was born. He felt something was off, he couldn’t remember anything and he couldn’t see? For some reason he felt completely lost without the light. There was a nagging inside his mind that something was off. The man claimed he was injured but why couldn’t he remember how he got hurt. If he was a healer, why couldn’t he see? What was going on? The place he was in and the people that spoke around him had no resemblance to home.

“Where am I?”

Dr. Kim stared at the young man curiously whom had repeated the same question frequently. “Sir, you are in South Korea.”

Please log in to read the full chapter