Enlightened /nˈlītnd,enˈlītnd/ - unable to think clearly; bewildered.

In the past tense...

Enlightened /nˈlītnd,enˈlītnd/

- unable to think clearly; bewildered.

--

Daehwi pretty much "moved on" after all the ordeal, and by moved on his friends say that he just chose to push everything behind his mind and pretend Jinyoung didn't exist. It was just a couple of days after their last meeting at IOI's concert and Daehwi went back to normal like all these things didn't really happened nor existed. Everyone was confused but no one really had the guts to tell the guy off. 

Until one day, Woojin was just scrolling his facebook feed and went across Jinyoung's post. He immediately messaged Daehwi even though he knows Daehwi's pretty much unbothered with all of these, he still has that tiny hope that Daehwi and Jinyoung would still be together. 

'Daehwi! Have you seen Jinyoung's post?' 

Daehwi's phone notified him about a new message and was partly confused why he should be concerned with the said post. 

'No... why?

He replied. He was then told to check the profile and was confused yet surprised with the sudden post.

I still love you, I'm just too scared to admit it. 

Jinyoung posted. Suddenly Daehwi's head was full of thoughts and he's feeling a lot of emotions. All his hidden feelings from the past month, everything he wanted to say and express suddenly rushed through his body and he couldn't comment properly; thus probably a big mistake as he proceed on commenting. 

Okay! Next joke!

Daehwi was in fact sarcastic, it was like venom in his tongue that went through his fingers and automatically typed it. There was a bite that he didn't bother to notice by himself and suddenly the whole ordeal became serious. Daehwi convinced himself, he was no longer affected, he tried not to and he suffered for a month, almost two in fact. He just wanted to forget Jinyoung as soon as possible but he couldn't he just couldn't forget the guy he truly loves no matter how much his heart aches and no matter how many times he'll undergo depression. Which in fact is a stupid thing because it's like commiting a suicide over and over again only that the soul is dying and not the body. 

Jinyoung suprisingly messaged him. He already expected it though, there's no lie on that, he knows Jinyoung wouldn't take that sarcasm easily and would ask what the heck is his problem; and he did. 

What's your problem?

Jinyoung asked, obviously in a pissed off tone. 

I don't know? What's your problem?

Daehwi replied, pissed off as well that it was only now that Jinyoung bothered replying on his comments

Why do you always comment?

Jinyoung replied once more stating it as if Daehwi always had comments about everything he posts which in fact is not true like why would Daehwi even spend most of his internet time gushing over Jinyoung's post? Daehwi was quite reserved and doesn't want to express much that he's in a relationship and thus making the latter's statement about commenting

When did I started commenting? 

He argued back, which is in fact true because it was only earlier that he commented

Earlier!

The latter replied proving Daehwi's thoughts

That's your problem not mine

Daehwi said clearly even more pissed off that he already has. He knew that when everything is over and he already moved on, he would be laughing about how childish this conversation is but he couldn't help himself be pissed off about how annoying Jinyoung is right now stating obvious facts that no one really needs to pay attention on. 

Few moments later Jinyoung texted Daehwi

I'm outside 

He said, Daehwi wasn't expecting any of it to happened. He began panicking, he wasn't prepared yet. He quickly went down and breathe as he opened the door. He tried his best to maintain his posture and to make it less obvious that he's shaking so much. "Go in" Daehwi said, emotionless. "Mom, someone's here," he said as he went upstairs. Mrs. Lee looked in quite a worried face, "Good day Mrs. Lee," Jinyoung greeted, following Daehwi to his room. 

They both feel awkward, no one really wants to start the conversation, it's been a while since they talked, it's been months ever since. Daehwi thought he had moved on but yet here he is, letting the one who broke his heart explain himself or something. "I'm sorry," Jinyoung choked. 

"What for?" Daehwi coldly asked. "For everything, I've been an absolute stupid for letting you go," he said. Daehwi couldn't look at him, it was the same like the last time they saw each other at the concert. "I never realized that I could lose you that easily," he added. Jinyoung tried to hold Daehwi's hand but he moved. "I'm sorry," 

Daehwi tried not to cry, he shouldn't cry, that's what he thought. "My sister found out about us, she was really mad. You know she's the one providing for me and all, I wasn't even supposed to go to school this year if it wasn't for her. We had an agreement that I'll focus in studying and that I shouldn't be in a relationship and all. I tried hiding it but I don't know how she found out. She forced me to end things with you because she doesn't agree to all of it-" Jinyoung explained. Daehwi's tears flow out, but he kept his head down trying not to be obvious that he's crying.

"A lot of things are happening in our family now, it took a toll on me and I vented it all out to you, thinking it was the best option. You're lagging in school too so I thought if I weren't in the picture you'll focus even more." Jinyoung reasoned out. "You're really stupid aren't you?" Daehwi said and wiped his tears. "If you said that to me... if you have said it a bit earlier... if you were just honest back then we would be fine and we wouldn't be in this position right now," Daehwi was mad and frustrated, he wiped his tears slowly. "You know, you started it first, you made me feel like we're no longer together and I'm not you're priority. You started hanging out more with your friends and I know I shouldn't even feel like this because you knew them first but I couldn't reach you, I couldn't be honest with my feelings and I..." Daehwi choked, he spoke in a soft voice, a soft broken voice. He held his tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry," Jinyoung said, holding his hand. 

Three words, it took Daehwi three word to give in. He lowered his head even more, he knows the moment he looks up and stare at Jinyoung's eyes he'll lunged himself towards the older. Daehwi isn't prideful, he just don't want to give in too easily, he sighed. "Do I still have a chance Daehwi?" he asked, more like a whisper. Daehwi answered with a soft hum, not really giving a clear statement. Jinyoung asked again, a bit more bold than he asked before, Daehwi still gave the same reply.

He was still thinking, weighting things. Giving Jinyoung a chance might mean he's going to go over the same heart ache over and over. He doesn't know if he's ready for such heart ache, he isn't expecting anything more to this relationship. Daehwi knows if they get back together again, it will end quickly as it always was. He just got lucky with Jinyoung that stayed with him for this long, he isn't sure. "Daehwi... Do I still have a chance?" Jinyoung asked for the last time, in a much softer broken tone, Daehwi broke away from his thoughts and said "Yes," Daehwi breathe, he was ready for everything, the heart breaks, the mistakes, the problems, he'll be able to successfully go through it with Jinyoung. He learned and found a reason to live and it was Jinyoung. 

"Really?" Jinyoung asked, sincerely, worried whether he's pushing Daehwi too much or not. "Yes Jinyoung really," Daehwi said and held the older's hand tighter, looking up. Jinyoung's eyes says it all, he wanted to kiss Daehwi but he fought against the idea, it was too early, Daehwi knew it too, and looked down. Jinyoung resolved to kissing the latter's forehead. "I love you Daehwi, I'm sorry," he said, Daehwi looked up and saw those loving eyes that he alone sees. He broke down. 

It was the last thing on Daehwi's list, to break down in front of Jinyoung, to show his vulnerable side. It was something in Jinyoung's eyes that Daehwi's problems, worries, guilt and anger turned away. It was calming, beautiful yet painful. He broke down and let himself cry all his might. "I waited for you, I always did, coz I know you'll comeback to me. You love me that much I waited," Daehwi said between sniffles. Jinyoung let the younger cried on his shoulder and patted his head, "You waited enough, you waited well. Thank you for waiting," he said and let out something between a nervous and relieved laugh. "I didn't cry, all those months I didn't cry. Let me cry it all now," Daehwi said while pulling away. He sniffled and his tears runs down again. 

He cried like a child, as he cried he said in a childish voice while playfully hitting Jinyoung, "I spend so much because of you! I have no allowance because of food and I bought myself concert tickets! You hurt me so much I ended up spending everything," he said and cried. Jinyoung smiled and laughed out quite loud and wiped his tears that fell from his face. "How is that my fault? If you want to eat, eat as much as you want!" Jinyoung said laughing. He wiped Daehwi's tears and stared at him, "Stop crying, you look ugly when you cry," he said as he wiped more of the younger's tears. "I look even ugly when I cry!" the younger repeated as he tried to stop. 

"I love you still though," Jinyoung said with a smile. 

-END- 

Author's note: In this is how I close this story. JinHwi being a happy couple. I was really thinking hard on how I would be able to convey their feelings properly and have a good ending despite holding this fanfic for a couple of months. I hope you all enjoyed the end of it even though it may look that it ended too quickly and so on. Thank you for all those who waited and cheered on me on this fanfic, I hope you did enjoy this and hope you won't have any regrets in your life decisions as like how Daehwi and Jinyoung regretted theirs before. Thank you and I love you all~!