Chapter 5

Someday

 

"E-eunha. Eunha-ya." sinb called to the short girl infront of her with a surprised face. "Y-you're here!" sinb stood up and walked closer to the girl who still crying and hugged her. "I missed you. I've missed you so much."


"No you don't!" Eunha tried to push her but Sinb tightened the hug. "I hate you!" eunha said angrily still crying hard and keep pushing the girl. "You left without saying goodbye and explaining the reason why then you're saying that you missed me?! I hate you!" Eunha shouted angrily. Sinb broke the hug and face the girl.


"I'm sorry. But please let me explain Eunha-ya." she cupped her face and wipe her tears. "Please." she added.


.
.
.
.
.


"Explain."


They are both seating on the bench now.


"Okay. First of all I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry for leaving without explaining. My mind is full of thoughts that time and I'm so depressed because of my mother's death." sinb said as she remember her mother who died from cancer. "Our father left us first then my mother. Since that day, I don't want to be attached with someone anymore except my sister. I'm afraid that you will leave me too. So I'm the one who did it to avoid you from doing it to me since you're my first and my only bestfriend." she look down guiltily. "I-- I don't know even I, I can't understand myself. I'm so selfish that time I did not think what would you feel. So I convinced my sister to move to start again and to move on from what happened."


When Sowon and Sinb's mother is still alive and working, Sowon was able to finished her studies and found a good job. But their mother wasn't able to return home. She died from a cancer because of stress. She did not tell them because she don't want them to be worried.


"Sowon unnie found a good job and her salary is pretty big so we are able to buy a new house here in seoul." sinb looked at Eunha waiting for her to say something but the girl looks like she don't wanna talk. "Eunha-ya I really regret leaving you without saying goodbye. We're bestfriends since we were young so-"


"I waited for 5 months! Hoping that you will visit me and explain what happened. I don't know how many times I've called you but you never answered my calls and I even sent a lot of text messages but you never replied!" she said angrily obviously hurt from what her bestfriend did. "I'm not used to it, with your absence. Because we're always together since we were young, like what you have said. You don't know how much I've suffered without you." she can't help but cry again. Sinb hugged her and leaned the girl's head on her shoulder but this time she didn't resist. 


"I'm sorry eunha-ya. I'm really sorry for what I've done. Please forgive me." eunha remained silent as she continue crying. "I'll never ever do that again. I promised." she kissed Eunha's forehead.


They remained in that position until Eunha stopped crying. 


"Sinb-ya." eunha lift her head from Sinb's shoulder to look at her.


"Hmm?" sinb look back at the girl.


"I forgive you. But please.. Don't do that again. Promised? I don't know what to do without you." she look down.


"Promised." she answered and gave her a reassuring smile.


Sinb and Eunha are bestfriends since childhood. They met each other because they are neighbors and they always play together until their parents became friends too. They grew up together and no one can seperate them from each other. That's why it's hard for Eunha when Sinb suddenly disappeared.


"By the way how did you find me here?" sinb asked curiously.


Flashback


It's friday in the afternoon Eunha is alone in their house she's bored and she have nothing to do. 


"If only Sinb is here this day will not be boring. That bad girl. I wonder where she is and how is she now. Probably she's enjoying without me. *sigh* why do I always have to think about her?" she talked to herself while lying on her bed.


She was busy playing games with her phone when suddenly the doorbell rang. She got up immediately and get down the stairs to see who is it. As soon as she reached the door she opened it and she was surprised because of the person who was there.


"S-sowon unnie?" she was shocked. She looked around hoping to see another person that she was expecting but--


"She's not here." sowon spoke probably know who she was looking for. 


"Oh. I see." she said disappointed by what the older girl said. "Uh. Come in." she opened the door widely and Sowon entered.


"Your house is still the same as before." she stated as she look around the house. "Can we sit down first? I have something to tell you."


"Ah sure." eunha sat down on the sofa then sowon did the same. Eunha was still shocked from what is happening that's why she don't know what to say.


"By the way where is auntie and uncle?"


"They went on a vacation for their anniversary celebration but they will be back tomorrow so i'm the only one left here."


"I see. Uh. Eunha-ya first of all, i'm sorry for leaving. I know you're hurt because of that but we have a reason. Actually that day when we're about to leave, I want inform you but Sinb didn't let me. For now, I have no right to explain the reason because I want Sinb to tell you." she remained silent as she listen to her. "I came here because I know it's hard for you without her. And you know, i'm the only one who knows about your secret." her eyes widened from what she heard.


"D-did you tell her?" she asked nervously.


"No. Do you want me to tell her?" sowon gave her a teasing look.


"Of course no! And I have no plan to tell her. So don't you dare." she glared at her.


"Are you sure? It's been 2years and you're still keeping it." 


"You already know the reason unnie. I don't want to lose our friendship."


"It's your choice but are you ready?"


"Huh? Ready for what?"


"For the possibility for her to liked someone."


"I..I still don't know." she sighed. "Why? Did she like someone already?"

"I don't know but maybe? I remember that time when she told me about that beautiful girl she saw in her class." Eunha gave her a sad look. "I see you're not still ready." 


"But if that girl will not hurt her and will make her happy then it will be alright. I will just accept it and be happy for her and learn to let go of my feelings for the sake of her happiness 'cause I'm still her bestfriend you know, I want her to be happy."


"As expected, you really love her. I have no idea how can you handle that. But it's your choice anyway, there's nothing I can do." eunha gave her a fake smile. "Speaking of, you want to see her right? I know you've missed her a lot that's why I came here."


"Of course I really missed her and I want to slapped her because of what she did." sowon laughed.


"Even if she's my sister, I will not stop you from doing that. She deserves it anyways." she laughed again. "Tomorrow in the afternoon I'll be here to pick you up. We will go to Seoul to see her."


-- Saturday in the afternoon --


They are heading to Seoul right now. From Incheon to Seoul is just a 1 hour travel. It's 4pm already so by 5pm, they will arrive there. She's really excited to see her bestfriend. It's been 5 months since the last time she saw her.


End of flashback


"When we reached your home, you're not there. Sowon unnie thought that you might be here at the park so we went here and then that's when I saw you sitting here. She went home first to let us talk." eunha said as she remember how did she got here.


"So that's why. I thought she will have a date earlier because it's unsual for her to go out on saturdays since it's her rest day. By the way that slap hurts." sinb hold her right cheek where Eunha slapped her.


"You deserve it." she said and crossed her arms. Sinb just glared at her.


"Hmm. It's getting dark. Just spend the night in our house and I'll just borrow you some clothes."


"Okay. I'll just tell my parents first. Is that yours?" eunha asked as she pointed at the red bicycle parked in front of them.


"Yup!" Sinb stood up and took her bicycle. "Come on let's go home. Seat here." she pointed at the back.


"Huh? O-okay." eunha stood up and sat on the bicycle then she slowly wrapped her arms around Sinb's waist.


"Hold on tight."


"Yah." sinb looked at her. "Be careful." Sinb just nodded and smiled at her before she started running her bicycle.
.
.
.
"I might...fall." eunha whispered to herself. 
.
.
.
'I think.. that's wrong. 'cause I fell for you already' she said to her mind and sighed.

 


After that day Sinb promised Eunha to visit her and hang out with her at least once a week in their home in Incheon. Eunha is glad because she can be with her bestfriend again and also her "first love".


***


At school..


"Yuju-ah wait for me I'll just put this into my locker." Yerin said as she show the books that she was holding.


"Sure."


Yerin was about to open her locker when she noticed a small red envelope and a yellow rose taped infront of her locker.


"What is this?" she put the books first into her locker then she took the envelope and the flower.


"A letter and a flower from your secret admirer." yuju stated the obvious.


"I know. But this is the first time I've received something like this from a..  Secret admirer?" this is the first time Yerin had a secret admirer because usually, they will come to her and asked to date her but she always reject them.


"Maybe that person didn't want to be rejected like you always do. But open it first." yuju pointed at the small red envelope. Yerin opened it and saw a picture of a butterfly.


"Woah. Whoever is your admirer, He or she is good at taking photos." yuju said amazed by the person who took the picture. 


"She?"


"Why? For an almost perfect and beautiful girl like you, I'm not surprised if some girls will be gay for you." yerin gave her a small laugh. "But I'm curious why is there a picture of butterfly?"


"I'm curious too--oh wait! There's something written here." she saw a letter at the back of the picture.


"There's only one butterly in this picture, but in my stomach, there's a lot but I can only feel them everytime I see you. And just like a butterfly, you came to me and I'm mesmerized by your beauty."


Yerin blushed as she read the letter written at the back of the picture. It was simple but she was flattered.


"Well that's sweet." she can't help but smile.


"I see. You're blushing." yuju smirked at her.


"Let's go. We will be late." she pulled yuju to their room while smiling and still thinking and curious about that secret admirer of hers.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for that lame letter .. T.T