Approval

Secret Girlfriend & Her 3 Unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Irene heard the news from her girlfriend, she definitely had a meltdown. Her functions broke down all at once. If it wasn't for Seulgi who managed to catch her in time, Irene would have landed on the ground weak on her knees.

 

"You alright?" Seulgi was thrown off guard. She pulled her girlfriend to the couch and sat her down on it while she squads infront of her and takes her hand, rubbing it gently. Irene had to take a minute to breathe and process the news in her head. 

"You're joking right?" 

Seulgi quirked a brow, "At which part?"

"The whole thing!"

"No I'm not." Seulgi sighs, "Tiffany unnie suggested it." 

 

The older woman grunts, placing her hand over her forehead in distress. Just how on earth did Tiffany thought that it was a good idea to tag along her younger sister's date?

 

"Why are you so surprised though?" 

When Tiffany suggested it, Seulgi wasn't surprised at all. In fact, she was pretty grateful that her sister actually suggested it and did not decide to stalk them like how she would in the past. Seulgi would rather Tiffany tell her straight in her face so that both Irene and her can be prepared. Maybe it can be a good opportunity for her girlfriend to bond together with her older sisters.

 

Irene shot her a questioning look, and squinted her eyes, "Am I not allowed to be surprised? Who on earth would expect their girlfriend's silbling to follow them around during dates?!"

"Woah pause for a moment there." The brunette laughs, "No they are not going to follow us! We are going to have a DATE together!" 

"What? A date with you and your sisters? As in we hang out together?" 

"Yep! Like as if we are hanging out with our friends!" 

 

The idea of hanging out together with the older girls is already draining her away. She can't even withstand having a single dinner with them how do you even expect her to spend her whole day together with them? Especially knowing that, each and every one of her moves is under the scrutinization of the protective girls. 

 

"I don't know, Seulgi-yah..." 

With her hunched and defeated shoulders, Irene leans her head against the couch and sighs heavily. Not that she's against the idea of hanging out with the girls but she's just worried that it would turn out no that....great? She just didn't have a good hunch about it. 

She then felt the couch sinking a bit and Seulgi leaning her head against her chest. Both of them stay in slience with Seulgi playing with the older girl's hand. Irene was waiting for the younger girl to say something or try to persaude her to agree to the hang out. However, she didn't. 

 

"Did you agree to it?" Irene questioned, sitting up properly and bring her arms up to allow the younger girl to slide into her embrace. Seulgi wordlessly shook her head, "Nope, I wanted to ask you first. Incase you don't feel comfortable with it." 

 

"Thank goodness I did that. If not you would be blaming me right now and whinning like a baby." 

Eventhough Seulgi was giggling, Irene could tell that Seulgi was disappointed that Irene seemed like she wasn't down for Tiffany's suggestion. She glanced at the younger girl and hugs her closer, leaning in to place a peck at Seulgi's crown.

 

"Tell me honestly," Irene says, "do you want us to have a date with your older sisters?" 

Seulgi pondered for a moment and Irene let the latter to take her time in answering her. 

 

"Honestly, yes." 

"Because i thought it could be an opportunity for you to bond with them and know each other better. I know that they will love you once they getting you know you a little more better! That last dinner was pretty much ruined so I thought that this could maybe make up for that." 

 

Irene kept her ears opened to her girlfriend's explanation. That wasn't something that she thought of right away when she heard about that. Now that Seulgi mentioned this, it kind of changed Irene's stance. She definitely needs to get closer to them. That's the first step she need to take to prove that she's a perfect match for Seulgi. If she can't even hang out with her girlfriend's siblings and have a good relationship with them, how do you expect them to leave Seulgi up into Irene's care? And to trust her completely? 

Yeah, she need to do this and gain their trust.

 

"But if you feel uncomfortable, then it's okay." Seulgi looks up and smiles brightly, "I understand that and I will just wait till you're ready." 

The way Seulgi considers her feelings and being so understanding about her worries, warms Irene's heart. She is literally an angel disguised in a human body. She's unbelievably selfless. Though she herself wanted and is excited to have that date, she placed Irene's feelings first above everything else. 

"No."

Irene chuckles at how the younger girl's face distored into a puzzled expression. 

"Let's have that date."

"You mean with my unnies?"

"Yes, with your three protective unnies." 

 

1

2

3

 

Irene counted 3 seconds before the younger girl was able to process the words in her mind and jumps up from her embrace, giving her a huge tight bear hug. 

 

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?!"

"Never been so serious before."

 

Irene breaks into a huge grin seeing her girlfriend squealing before her so adorably. She was definitely excited. Her blinding eyesmile and perfect millionwart smile is enough to make Irene think that it will be worth it to take the risk for the younger girl. Whatever storm may come, Irene would be able to overcome it with Seulgi beside supporting her. 

 

"Yeay! I didn't expect you to agree to it so easily." 

"Well, to be truthful, I wanted to run way and and hide when you told me about it." 

A frown fell onto Seulgi's face, "Then why did you change your mind?" 

The older girl shakes her head with a whipped smile on her lips then guide her fingers up between Seulgi's browns to stop the knitted frown from getting deeper. 

 

"You."

"Me?"

"Yeah, how can I turn you it down knowing that you wanted this to happen?" 

 

Then, a guilty expression flashed across the younger's face. Of course, it didn't escape Irene's eyes. 

 

"Stop whatever you are thinking right now, Kang." Irene chided softly, "I'm doing this for us okay? I just can't keep running away right? I already took the first time to introducing myself as your girlfriend. I guess its time for me to take another step to prove that I can take care of you. How can I prove that I can protect you and love you like them or if not better than them, if I can't even take the courage to simply hang out with them for a few hours?" 

Seulgi's eyes soften at her girlfriend words. Irene may not be the talkative one between the two of them but she definitely can get her way around with her sweet and sincere words whenever she wants to. It just makes Seulgi appreciates every single words that comes out of Irene's mouth, knowing that the older girl meant every single one of it. 

 

"Thank you, Hyunnie." 

The brunette grinned widely, leaning into to give the older girl a thank you kiss then pulll away shortly after.

 

 

-

 

 

Irene fiddle at the ends of her sleeves nervously as the young couple waited for the three unnies outside of the doorstep. The younger girl could sense her girlfriend's uneasiness and immediately rubs the back of her hand to comfort her. 

 

"We can still back out of this if you want, Hyun." Seulgi says softly, looking at her tenderly. The older girl sigh and shook her head. It's too late to back out now and Irene didn't want to leave another bad impression of herself on her girlfriend's sisters. How would they think of her if she say that she suddenly chickened out and didn't want to hang out with them anymore?

 

The chances of her getting approval from them would drop and that's certainly not what Irene wants. 

 

"Its fine. Just a tad bit nervous." Irene tried to give a small assuring smile to the younger girl but Seulgi knew better. 

 

Placing her hands ontop of Irene's shoulders, Seulgi turned the latter's body to face her, bending down a little to match their height. 

 

"You should look at yourself in the mirror before saying that." Seulgi chuckled, "You look absolutely terrified and scared, Hyunnie. You know I don't want to force you into this right? If you feel uncomfortable, we can do it another day where you are ready."

 

The brunette shook her head, "There is no such day where I will be ready, Seul." 

 

She admitted honestly. 

 

"I still have to do it someday and I would rather do it soon so that I can finally get their approval." Irene leans in and places a chaste kiss inbetween the younger's furrowed brows, "I'm okay. You are here with me right?"

 

A smile crept up on Seulgi's thin lips as she nodded and ruffled the shorter's hair.

 

"Of course. I won't let them bully you." 

 

At that, Irene felt more relaxed and they shared a small hug before separating when they heard the door unlock. 

 

"Let's go." 

Maybe not. 

 

Irene felt herself tensing up again at the sight of the overwhelming figures. She looked at the eldest of the trio who was wearing a cold expression her eyes narrowed sharply at Irene. Safe to say, Tiffany was the opposite of the friendly and eye-smile princess she was in school. 

 

Tiffany unnie definitely hates me.

 

Irene concluded. Too afraid to hold the eyecontact even longer, Irene directed her attention to the same-aged friend who was staring back at her with an blank expression. 

It felt worse not knowing what was going through Seohyun's mind but the older girl left it as it is when Seohyun walks up front to catch up with Tiffany. Irene's eyes followed their backs as she felt Seulgi tightening her grip around their interlocked hands. Glancing up, she caught the younger girl giving her a small encouraging smile and nod. 

 

"Chill, be confident."

Suddenly, she felt a pat on her back. Turning a little, she saw Yoona walking beside her and looking straight ahead at the two figures infront of them. 

"Yoona unnie." 

The said girl glanced back at Irene and cackled, "The first step in gaining approval from us is to be confident." 

 

"You can't be all this timid and scared infront of us and let our baby sister protect you from us. It just shows that you are not capable of protecting Seul   "

"   What? Unnie! I don't need her to protect me! I can just be the one protecting her!" 

 

Yoona scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You can't even protect yourself, Seul. Don't interrupt me." 

"But   "

"     Yoona unnie is right, Seulgi. You are the younger one between us. I should be the one protecting you." Irene says, stopping her girlfriend from aruging back.

"Well then, all the best." Yoona hums and left them alone, speeding up to catch up with the other two. 

 

From her peripheral vision, Irene could see her younger girlfriend pouting away muttering some incohorent stuff under her breath and kicking some stones along the road childishly. 

 

"Are you upset?" Irene questioned, tearing her eyes away from the three figures and looking at her pouty girlfriend. Seulgi shook her eyes but it was obvious that she's upset that Irene sided Yoona instead of her. 

 

"Baby." Irene cooed, releasing Seulgi's hand and instead clinged onto the younger's arms, "Yoona unnie is not entirely wrong, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter