Happiness After Suffering

Secret Girlfriend & Her 3 Unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Millions of questions were running in Yoona's mind as she stared at her younger sister and the supposedly tutor in front of her. If it wasn't a serious conversation, Yoona would have laughed her heads off at how fear stricken the two girls were. 

"Speak." She says, leaning back to the chair as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

The couple jolted up, locked eyes sending strength and telepathy to each other and nod before interlacing their hands together firmly. The oldest among the three was amused at how they could still hold hands at that situation as if she wasn't there to interrogate them.

 

"Seulgi and I have been dating for five months now, Yoona unnie."

Irene revealed politely, tightening her grip around her girlfriend's hands afraid about the response from the unreadable expression.

"I have a question." 

"Was it you guys whom i saw running out of a resturant last few weeks ago? I'm so sure that I've seen Seulgi and another girl but they ran away before I could see them."

"Yea, it was us." 

 

Sighing, Yoona straighten her body and glared at the young couple, "Did you guys lied to us about Joohyun being your tutor?" 

The brunette nodded and puffed her cheeks out, "We were chickened out when you guys appeared out of nowhere, so I had to make up a lie on the spot... BUT!!!!" She continued defending, "...Joohyun unnie really had helped me in biology! If not, there's no way I could ever get an A for it!"

 

Irene then shook her head, "I just taught her alittle but she quickly understood them since she's practically a genius." 

"I'm not, unnie!"

"You're."

"No."

"Yes."

 

"I'm the genius! Stop fighting!" Yoona exclaimed, desprately trying to stop them from arguing. But were they even arguing? She doesn't even understand how kids on days fight then break up so easily. The two instantly stopped their usual childish bickering and fumbled with each other's hands. 

 

Yoona face-palmed and stared at the high-schooler in disappointment," Seul, you know we dislike it when you lied to us and you never lied to us before    till now."

The three of them had raised Seulgi up to be a prim and proper lady though she turned out to be ten times clumiser and boy-ish. Tiffany even got into a one week cold war with the middle school Seulgi back then just because the younger had refused to wear the pink dress Tiffany had picked out for her. 

 

"I had to..." Seulgi trails off, "...Don't you remember how Soojung and I ended up after I came out to you guys? How could I reveal that I dating again, knowning that it would probably end the same way?"

Irene saw how her girlfriend was frowning and even glaring at Yoona for a moment though it disppeared at a blink of eyes. Seulgi knows she shouldn't bear grudges against any of them because the fact that she's alive and well today is all because of the three unnies that took care of her. 

 

Upon hearing the reason, Yoona could feel a heavy tug in her heart. So they are the ones who actually made the innocent Seulgi lie. She closes her eyes feeling ashamed for their past actions and part of her regretted it. 

"Look Seul, we're just worried that you may get hurt." Yoona says gently. The last thing she would want was for Seulgi to get frustrated and angry at her.

Seulgi scoffed, "Oh well, guess what? I was in pain when she left me because she was scared of you guys." 

 

Yoona knows.

Tiffany and Juhyun knows too.

If that break up pained Seulgi, it broked the three older girls heart even more seeing how their usually bubbly and happy go-lucky girl shut out everyone. No one could convince her to get out of her damn room to have her meals. Afterall, they treated Seulgi like their daughter. They felt worser when they see Seulgi walking out looking thinner than she already was one night secretly to look for food. In the end, they had to starve together with Seulgi in order to get her to have proper meals and eventually pull her out from that painful period. 

 

"I'm sorry, Seul." Yoona apologized, "but for now, I would like you to focus on your graduation first." 

"I can focus even if I'm dating, unnie. You don't have to worry about me." 

Yoona shook her head firmly then turn to Irene who had been keeping quiet all these while.

 

"You are not allowed to be with Seulgi till her exam ends." 

"UNNIE! I NEED TO SEE JOOH   "

"One more disagreement, and I will tell Tiffany unnie about you guys." 

 

 

-

 

"Bae, you look horrible." Yongsun snorted at her bestfriend who was lying her chin on her desk lifelessly.

Life without Seulgi had been meaningless and boring.

It had only been two weeks since after the agreement with Yoona and Irene had regretted her decision. She can't even stand a day without Seulgi how could she withstand it for a whole freaking month? It's a miracle how she was still alive after two weeks without the stuipid idiotic bright smile, warm hugs that hugs her better than a jacket. 

Seulgi just disappeared out of thin air right after their confrontation with Yoona. Irene doesn't have a single clue where her girlfriend was. She even tried waiting for the younger all day long on Saturday. When the wild creatures starts coming out at the wee hours of the night to hunt for food, Seulgi was still nowhere is sight. 

Its either Yoona had sent her to some mountains to study for her graduations, or had locked her in the damn house for the whole week. 

 

Initially, Irene wanted to focus on her first paper that was starting next week but she couldn't. Not when Seulgi isn't by her side staring at her with the awestruck face while she studies. She doesn't even have the motivations to revise anymore. 

 

"I miss her..."

"Then go find her."

"You know I can't do that!" 

 

The same-aged friend rolled her eyes at the frustrated outburst.

"Think Bae Joohyun. If you guys dont get catch by Yoona sunbae and stop kissing each other in public, then I don't see why you can't do that. Just keep doing what you guys had been doing for that 4 months before that kiss. Geez, you guys were hiding pretty well, can't believe you just gave yourself away by a kiss outside Seulgi's house. You guys are the stuipdest couple ever." 

 

At the encouragement from her bestfriend, Irene was starting to agree with the latter. 

Yes...As long as we don't get caught. Even five minutes will do. I just need to see her face... 

 

Seulgi

Seul... How are you? I miss you... Can we meet at the convenience store across our house at seven? I just need to see your face for a minute. Pleaseeeee...

 

-

 

"Why are you locking Seulgi in her room?" Juhyun questioned curiously as the three of them gathered around the living room. It wasn't Yoona's style to force Seulgi into something. 

"Yeah, why did you do that? I've been wanting to ask but you kept brushing us away. Did something happened?" Tiffany added on, "Seulgi look sadder nowdays...She's not smiling anymore. Is she stressed?" 

 

Now two pairs of curious eyes were on Yoona. 

 

The middle child pulls out her acting skills she learnt back in highschool and shook her head, "I just want her to focus on her studies. CSAT is two weeks away." 

Still not satisfied with the ambigious reasion, Juhyun threw out another question.

"But Seul had been maintaining a good grade all along. Why are you so worried?"

Yoona rolled her eyes at her stubborn younger cousin before getting up the couch, ignoring Juhyun's question. 

"Should we catch a movie?" 

Tiffany's eyes sparkled, "YESSS!!! I've been wanting to watch this movie! Let's go! I'll go ask if Seulgi wanna go with us." 

But before the oldest could take a step forward, Yoona stopped her. "I'll ask her. You guys should go prepare." 

 

-

 

It wasn't a surprise to see Seulgi spawled on her bed, eyes staring into blank spaces when she enters. 

"Seul." 

No response.

"Seul."

No response.

"Joohyun texted you."

Seulgi sprang up from the bed and stared at her sister, wide eyed. Yoona almost scoffed at that reaction as she settled down beside the younger girl on her bed. 

"What did she say?" 

Oh finally she's talking to me.

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter to me unnie!" 

Yoona sighed and looked at Seulgi who was already panicking over a text from Irene.

 

"What if I tell you she wants to break up with you?" 

Slience engulfed the room. Yoona observed her younger sister closely who seemed unfazed by her question. 

 

"You're lying." 

"What makes you so sure about that?"

"She promised me."

"Promised what?"

"She will never leave me."

 

-

 

Irene had been patiently waiting for her girlfriend outside the convenience store for an hour now. Yet, she had only seen strangers passing back that evening. She didn't even receive a reply from Seulgi but she still wanted to cling onto that last string of hope she has. That one hour of waiting keeps Irene reminded of the memories with the younger girl. 

 

"Why are you looking at me like this?"

"You're really old. Joohyun."

"Whatttttttt"

"Who eats this kind of ice cream nowdays! It's like Yoona unnie's grandparent's favourite!"

 

Getting teased and roasted by the younger girl was annoying yet adorable. Irene could feel how comfortable she was with Seulgi that she didn't feel the slightest anger towards the high-schooler no matter how she would . Heck, she even liked it when Seulgi would mock her jokingly with that smirk full of mischieve. 

 

"What would you do if our family members go against our relationship?" 

"I'm sure my family would like you." 

"But I'm not sure if mine would."

"I will fight for us."

"What if they threatened you to leave me?"

"I will kidnap you and run away with you."

 

Deep talks weren't frequent and Irene didn't quite enjoy them. Because most of it would lead to Seulgi feeling insecure because of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter