Sooyoung's days in elementary schools

Don't Judge Me Like That

 

A family car is driving along a busy street in Seoul. In the car there was a mother driving, a seven-years-old girl named Choi Soo Young and her eleven-years-old sister Choi Chae Young. It was just another ordinary day with sun shining and parents taking their children to school. However for Sooyoung she is sitting with fear all over.

The family car stopped by the elementary school and the two young girls got out of the cars with their school bags.

"Have a good day girls." The mother called to her daughters

"Bye Mom."

Both girls waved their hands goodbye and headed for the school gate. Sooyoung was walking slowly to the school gates, wishing time would go faster with her pace.

"Come on Sooyoung we don't have all day!" Chaeyoung yells to her sister

Chaeyoung grabbed her sister's hands and walk her to the gates. Sooyoung dislikes this but she her sister is right, she will get in trouble if she is late. As soon as they reached the gates, the school bell rang.

Chae Young left her sister in the lower playground where the second graders along with kindergarteners and first graders play during break time and gather to line up in their classes to be collected by their teachers. Chae Young take herself to the upper playground where 6th graders and 3rd graders to 5th graders where they do the same routine as the younger students.

Sooyoung walks timidly to the end of her class lane, waiting in silence for her teacher to arrive hoping that her classmates would ignore her.

"Hey look! Sooyucky is here!" A girl from her class point out

"Eww stay away from her! I don't want any of her germs!" Another cried

All class members back away as the line formation disappears and turn to a crowd of jeering kids.

"2H! Where is the line?" Teacher Han yells to her class, she noticed that Sooyoung was the only one sitting in the line with a gloomy expession

The class get back into line, avoiding physical contact in order not to catch Sooyoung's "germs"

"Why is it only my class that cannot stay in line while other classes can stay in their lines?" Teacher Han asked to her class

"I want to see improvements, if not, all of you will stay in at lunch time practising how to line up properly. Now let's walk back to class in the appropriate way."

Teacher Han then lead 2H into the classroom.

After arriving at the classroom

The students sat on their assigned desks except for Sooyoung who was talking to the teacher outside.

"Now Sooyoung, it looks like you're not happy just then, can you tell me why?"

"No Teacher. I am fine."

Sooyoung lied. She knew that she was not fine but she didn't want the bullying to get worse. It happened to another student who has moved school for this reason. She didn't want to tell her parents because she doesn't want to be a burden.

"Are you sure? You seemed upset. Did something happen when I wasn't there?" Teacher Han asked

"No teacher, everthing was fine."

Sooyoung lied again, she couldn't bear to tell the truth.

"Alright then. Off you go."

Sooyoung sat at her desk which was the last row on the left corner. The class was about to jeer at her when she walked into the room but Teacher Han has entered before the class could do so. She has suspected that Sooyoung is a victim of bullying but as a teacher she cannot force Sooyoung to say it.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was the school principal, with a student that no one in the class has ever seen before.

"Ahh Principal Jang is this our new student" Teacher Han greeted him with a smile

"Indeed it is Teacher Han. This is Choi Siwon. He will be joining your class today."

"Welcome to 2H Siwon." All of the students welcomed him at the same time

Sooyoung look at the new student, he was very handsome boy in the perspective of a seven-year-old, but she was to afraid that he would join the crowd and pick on her.

At break time

Sooyoung sat under a tree for she has no friend to play with. All of the 2nd graders bully her but other grades doesn't though they are aware that if they were to befriend her, they too would become the target of the school bully.

"Hello there."

Sooyoung look up to see who owned the voice that spoke to her. It was the new student in her class, Choi Siwon.

"Hi, Why are you talking to me?" Sooyoung replied, she fear that he would bully her as well

"Well the other boys hasn't been treating me very nice so I thought I'll talk to you instead."

"Why are they treating you like that?" Sooyoung asked him

"Well coz I'm a new person. They always mistreat new people according to one of them."

'Well I was new too, I came to this school at the beginning of 2nd grade. My old school got closed down coz there weren't enough kids."

 "Well I moved coz my family moved to this area and my old school was too faraway. So that's why i'm here. You know what let's be friends. "

"Alright then, we're friends."

And that's how Sooyoung and Siwon become friends, because they were both the bullying targets of the school. At the end of 3rd grade, both decided that they have enough with the bullying. Sooyoung did not want to burden her parents but Siwon has told his parents the bullying at the school was too much so they deicided to send their son to another school.

Siwon's parents also inform Sooyoung's parents that their daughter was getting bullied so her parents send her to another school. Siwon and Sooyoung was separated as Siwon entered a private boys' school and Sooyoung went to a private girls' school. Both missed each other greatly. 

 

Thanks to cassieangel25 for the banner :)

 

Yay first chapter done! Please comment! No silent readers please!!