~Sunday~

Just Right

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE: 

THANK YOU ALL!!! It's been a great ride~ I'm thankful to each and every one of you, my precious readers. 

I'm sorry for all the mistakes I've made. And thank you for your patience and support for this fic. It really warms my heart. The journey stops here... It's a bit heartbreaking that this fic has reaches its end...

Enjoy this last chapter of Just Right~ Thank you so much for the love~ 

Next chapter, before I mark this 'Completed,' will be a 2Jae chapter of how their love began. Stick around if you'd like~

Anyways, off you go! Have fun! See you all very soon~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What is good, es!”

 

Everyone rolled their eyes, ignoring the enthusiastic fencing captain as they went back to moving their stuff onto their buses. Jackson, however, wasn’t having any of it. He slung his arm over the nearest poor soul, Choi Youngjae.

 

Hyung,” Youngjae sighed, dropping his duffle bag, “Jaebum is going to kill you. Hands off.

 

Jackson laughed, “He can kill me, but I’m still the one with the First Place trophy!” Then he proceeded to dance around like a maniac.

 

Please, you’re only first because you got Eric-hyung. Also, because Mark-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung rather spent their days messing around with each other than focus on stupid missions, am I right?” Bambam shrugged, handing his luggage over to Yugyeom.

 

“Okay, okay, okay,” Jackson put his hands up in surrender, “I know y’all salty but damn.

 

“Enjoy it, Jacks,” Mark passed by and patted his best friend’s back, “This is probably the only First Place trophy you’ll ever have.”

 

That comment made the youngers burst out laughing, pointing fingers at their hyung and making faces. Jackson rolled his eyes and punched Mark’s shoulder. The redhead let out a little exaggerated groan, pretending like it hurts. Jinyoung immediately poked his head from behind Mark’s shoulders and his motherly instincts took over. “Are you okay? Does it hurt a lot? Jackson, why did you do that?!”

 

“Jeez, Jinyoung, I barely touched him,” Jackson backed away.

 

“I’m hurt, Jinyoungie~” Mark pout, holding his shoulder and making these weird noises. Jackson thought his best friend sounded like a kitty choking on some hairball. But Mark had no shame, “Jackson is mean, Jinyoung-ah~”

 

Raising an eyebrow, Jackson scoffed, “I see, one night under the stars got y’all fired up with lovey-dovey juice. Disgusting.”

 

“Congrats, Jacks,” Jaebum called, a proud smile plastered on his face, “On getting First on your last year and also First on my hit list. I’ll start by cutting of that arm, so it won’t go swinging over other people’s lover.”

 

“Really, Jaebum, really.

 

The swim captain grinned widely, “Really.”

 

“Yes,” Jinyoung sent a glare over Jackson’s way, “Make it hurt, Jaebum.”

 

Mark stared at his boyfriend, “Oh, no, no, no, no more. You’re not allow to hang with us anymore.” Grabbing Jinyoung’s shoulders, Mark shook his head. He leaned in, pressing his lips against Jinyoung’s forehead. “You’re too precious. You can’t be corrupted like this.”

 

“Waiting for you to corrupt him might take a while, so might as well start with us,” Jackson casually shrugged, pursing his lips.

 

“He has a point, Mark,” Jaebum nodded, winking at Jackson and nudging him. “Let’s leave them be. I’m gonna try to sneak into Youngjae’s bus. See y’all later!”

 

They waved Jaebum off. Jinyoung also excused himself to go put his and Mark’s stuff on the bus. Jackson turned back to his best friend and exhaled softly, “Taking things slow?”

 

Mark smiled and nodded, “Yeah.”

 

“That’s good, I guess. Jinyoung’s too pure.”

 

“Won’t be anymore if he hangs around you guys more often.”

 

“We’re grooming him for you, Mark. Be grateful.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Jackson gave Mark a suggestive look, “Soooooo, did y’all had fun last night?”

 

The redhead returned that teasing expression with a pointed look, “We just made out, okay? Nothing more.”

 

“You two made out a lot, I realized.”

 

“It’s what couples do, Jacks,” Mark glared, “Oh, right, you wouldn't know. Sorry.”

 

With mouth hung open and just stared at his redheaded best friend, Jackson couldn’t believe it. “You’re an .”

 

“I don’t need validations from you,” Mark smirked, “Only needs Jinyoung’s.”

 

Jackson watched as Mark headed towards the bus. “I can’t believe you’re dropping us as soon as Jinyoung all up in your personal space! You’re a traitor, Mark Tuan!”

 

“Jaebum’s been a traitor since last year, if you haven’t notice yet!” Mark shouted back with a grin. “Get yourself someone, Jacks!”

 

“Easier said than done,” sighing, Jackson gave up. But regardless, still smiling happily as he watched Mark and Jinyoung shared a hug inside the bus through the vehicle’s window.

 

 

 

 

%%%

 

 

 

 

Despite the full week of being away from home and isolated in the middle of a random (quite secured for safety purposes of course) forest, the students were still in high energy, fooling around and yelling all over the bus. It’s a zoo in the Seniors’ bus.

 

“You okay?” Mark turned to his boyfriend after taking a look at Jackson making an idiot out of himself at the back of the bus.

 

Jinyoung smiled, leaning his head on Mark’s shoulder, “Just a bit tired.”

 

“Sorry, it’s pretty loud, huh,” Mark patted his boyfriend’s head affectionately. Jinyoung just hummed in response, closing his eyes while adjusting his head more comfortably on Mark’s shoulder. Mark laced his fingers with Jinyoung’s. “Try to get some sleep. Can’t guarantee you will but try to. You didn’t get enough last night…”

 

“Wasn’t my fault.”

 

“Sorry…”

 

“Mark,” Jinyoung lifted his head to look up at Mark, “You’ve been apologizing a lot.”

 

“It’s nothing… I just… I don’t know, honestly.”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m here.”

 

Looking down at their intertwined hands painted a smile on Mark’s lips. He brought their hands up and kissed the back of Jinyoung’s hand. “Thank you for being here.”

 

It’s crazy how much Jinyoung could understand without Mark saying anything. Just from one look into Mark’s eyes, Jinyoung could read it all. It’s even crazier that they’ve only known each other for a week, and already, it felt like years. Jinyoung had always thought someone like Mark Tuan would be the complete opposite of him, which he wasn’t at all wrong, but they’re similar in many ways, too. The whole feelings mess took a bit long, but here they are, hand in hand, loving each and every second they spend together.

 

“You know,” Jinyoung bit his lip, looking a little hesitant, “I-if you don’t want to, you know, go home… Then, um, you could stay at m-my house for a while…”

 

Mark was speechless. He wasn’t expecting such a straightforward offer. Not from Jinyoung at least.

 

Seeing Mark’s emotionless face, Jinyoung’s heart leaped up in panic, “I-I mea-mean I-I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have… God, I said something wrong, didn’t I? I shouldn’t have even suggested it. I mean, my parents would be surprised if I bring you home all of a sudden, but they’re really n-nice people, um, they’ll, uh, un-understands… B-but if you d-don’t want to, then it-it doesn’t ha-have to happen, I mean, I completely get it. I just t-thought that may-maybe-”

 

Stopping Jinyoung’s ongoing ramble with his lips, Mark smiled into their kiss, “I don’t think it’s possible for me to love you more than I do. But I do. I love you.” He cupped Jinyoung’s cheeks, leaving another kiss lingering on his lips, “Hmmm you’re cute.”

 

If there’s a book given to Jinyoung for every time his cheeks bled bright red whenever Mark does or say something sweet to him, he’ll have a mansion as a library. Hiding his face into the crook’s of Mark’s neck, Jinyoung’s heart fluttered wildly. It felt like his heart would burst through his chest.

 

“Thank you, Jinyoungie,” Mark said, threading his fingers, feeling those soft locks under his fingertips. “I have to go back home. And besides, there’s always Jackson’s if I’m planning on escaping. Though, if he rejects me, I’ll have to climb your window.”

 

“You don’t have to. The front door will always welcome you.”

 

“I like the idea of sneaking in your room in the middle of the night through the window better, though.”

 

A light smack delivered on Mark’s chest as Jinyoung laughed, “You’re so cliché!”

 

“Love you, though,” Mark replied, kissing the crown of Jinyoung’s head.

 

“Love you, too.”

 

For a good thirty minutes, no words were spoken. Just sitting there, leaning against each other and appreciating the comfort from one another’s presence. Even though the noises on the bus only increased now that other loud Seniors joined in with Jackson’s one-man show, Mark and Jinyoung only heard each other’s soft breathings and soaked in the calmness of it all, blocking out the world. It’s only them now. It’s their world. They stared out the window, peacefully watching the trees blurring behind, watching their memories float through the field of flowers, watching their affections turned into something far greater.

 

“Mark,” Jinyoung exhaled soft and slow as if he’s relaxing himself after a long, tiring, busy week.

 

“Yes, princess?”

 

Rolling his eyes and deciding to ignore Mark’s attempt at calling him anything other than the usual endearments, Jinyoung squeezed Mark’s hand, “Do you regret it?”

 

“Regret what?”

 

“Regret, um, you know, being with me?”

 

Mark frowned, “What are you trying to say, Jinyoung?”

 

“I mean, a lot of girls and guys are going to cry. You think you can live with that?”

 

Laughing, Mark nuzzled against Jinyoung’s head, “Yeah, I can. You’re here for me. A few tears exchanged for your love isn’t that bad.”

 

“Wow. Where did your heart go?”

 

“Oh, Jinyoung, did you know? My heart’s with you since that day I saw you reading at the library.”

 

Mark’s confession earned him a slap to his arm and a very shy Jinyoung, “Cheesy…”

 

“So should I call the cops?”

 

“Why? So you can report me for stealing your heart? Please, you know I read a lot of books. This trick is old.”

 

“No, to turn myself in for stealing yours,” Mark smoothly whispered in his lover’s ear.

 

Jinyoung scoffed, shaking his head, “You’re… You’re, um, you’re something else, Mark Tuan.” He turned to face Mark.

 

“Oh, yeah?” Mark smirked, leaning in.

 

“Yeah,” Jinyoung crashed their lips together and bit Mark’s bottom lip, “Yeah, you are. But I love it.”

 

Nibbling back at Jinyoung’s lip, Mark growled, “You really need to stop hanging with my friends.”

 

“It’s not yours that’s the problem, babe,” Jinyoung giggled, “It’s mine.”

 

Right. How could Mark forget about them. “I should have known.”

 

“Enough with the friends talk, it’s loud and I want to make out,” Jinyoung gasped, face flushing, adrenaline coursing through his body with each press of Mark’s lips.

 

Mark laughed and pulled Jinyoung onto his lap, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend’s waist as Jinyoung straddled him, “Whatever you want, princess.”

 

 

 

 

%%%

 

 

 

 

Mondays. Mondays were always the worst day of the week for Jinyoung. He dreaded Mondays, because it’s the first day of the week and could only mean he’ll have five more days to go through before weekends hit again. But today, today’s different. Jinyoung was up early and readied before his parents. After finishing his breakfast in a hurry that questioned his father, Jinyoung was already out the door and running down the streets with light steps. Today will be different. And everyday after today will be different.

 

“Oh, God! Look at him! Isn’t that Park Jinyoung?”

 

“Ugh, I hate his face, honestly!”

 

“Such a ing nerd!”

 

Jinyoung wasn’t bothered by the usual insults. Instead of fast-walking with his head down like how he would normally handled the situation, Jinyoung lifted his head up with a confident smile and fired back, “You know, your parents would appreciate it a lot if you all could use your arrogance and transformed it into IQ to do well in school!”

 

He didn’t stopped to observe the shock on their faces, because he didn’t felt the need to. Those kids need to be shut off anyways. They deserved being called out. It wasn’t Jinyoung’s business. He’s feeling great for the first time in a long time. He’s not going to let a bunch of underclassmen kill his vibe.

 

Passing through the neighbors and shop owners, Jinyoung waved and greeted every one of them with a cheerful grin, wishing them a good day. The walk to school had never felt this electrifying with happiness. He was walking on clouds and he loves it. Loving every moment of it. The air had never smell so fresh and flowers had never bloomed so pretty in front of him. There are so many colors in his dull life that Jinyoung had never noticed before. It’s so beautiful. It’s so great to be able to see life in a perspective that he’d never expected it to be seen in by him.

 

Jinyoung finally made it to school after being distracted by helping an old lady crossing the street and playing with said old lady’s little puppy. Lucky for him, the first bell hasn’t rung yet. Jinyoung decided to stop by his locker to gather some books for today’s lessons, so he won’t have to later and spend that little usual-book-grab time with Mark instead. Maybe steal a kiss or two. The thought already brought a shy smile upon his lips. He shook it off and opened his locker.

 

As soon as the locker’s door swung opened, Jinyoung’s jaw dropped in surprised. He quickly closed his locker and looked around suspiciously. When he’s sure no one was around, Jinyoung slowly opened his locker again and carefully peeked inside of it. His breath caught at his throat as three blooming red roses tied together by a blue ribbon stared back at him. Jinyoung took it out of his locker and held the roses in his hands, admiring them in awe. His entire face lit up. He covered his mouth with his hand, hiding a very big smile behind it. Jinyoung looked back into his locker. A sky blue post-it was lying there, sticking to the bottom of the locker. Jinyoung took a deep breath and peeled it off, reading every word that’s written in the handwriting he’s so familiar with and loves so much.

 

 

Hey, baby,

You are just right!

From your awfully

handsome and

y boyfriend.

 

 

And Jinyoung broke out into an adorable smile again, biting down his lip from smiling too widely. And restraining himself for throwing a fit against the poor lockers because he’s so embarrassed right now that he could die. His cheeks were probably the same color as the roses by now. his lips, Jinyoung pocketed the post-it and sniffed the roses shyly, feeling overwhelmed by happiness.

 

“Yo, nerd!”

 

The shout made Jinyoung snapped his head up. He was about to make another smart comeback at whoever’s trying to kill his happy vibe, but his lips curved into a smile as he sees Heechul waved enthusiastically. Not only Heechul, but Sora, Nana, and Minki as well. They all wore friendly smiles, which turned into teasing grins in an instant when their eyes spotted the roses in Jinyoung’s hands.

 

“What are you doing? Smiling and being happy all alone like an idiot?” Sora teased, sticking her tongue out to playfully mocked her shy friend.

 

“H-huh?” Jinyoung stumbled on his words, obviously still taken by the surprise present from his boyfriend on their first day back from camp. “I, um, uh…”

 

“Come on!” Nana called, “He’s waiting!”

 

Minki joined in, “Why standing here when you could actually see him?”

 

Jinyoung laughed, closing his locker shut and running over to his group of friends. Yes, his group of friends. A group of his own. A group he belongs to other than Mark’s. A group that he knows he’ll treasure them forever along with Jackson, Jaebum, Youngjae, Bambam, Yugyeom, and of course, his perfect boyfriend, Mark Tuan.

 

“You’re right,” Jinyoung nodded, feeling his head being pet affectionately by his friends. “Let’s go. I’m dying to see him.”

 

“The love of your life?”

 

“Yeah, the love of my life.”

 

If there’s a person who could make Jinyoung smiles that bright, that big, that happy, then it’s Mark Tuan. And only Mark Tuan.