~Thursday~

Just Right

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm so sorry this chapter is so short~ *cries* Next week chapter would be much better and longer (I hope)~ 

But nonetheless, do enjoy and leave me a lot of feedbacks~ ^___^ 

Bye for now~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You can’t be serious.”

 

“… Ja-”

 

“This cannot be happening right now.”

 

“Have I ever told you how much I love-”

 

“If you ing love me, then you wouldn’t be here!”

 

“But-”

 

“You want me to die, Mark?! Eric is going to ing kill me!” Jackson flailed his arms around frantically, a frown settled on his face as he stared at his best friend. “Get out. Now.

 

Mark scratched his head and looked around Jackson’s tent awkwardly. “Can’t I just sleep here for the night? Just tonight, please…”

 

“No! You can’t! So leave now before Eric comes back and kill both of us!”

 

“Jackson, please, I-I can’t go back there… At least n-not right now,” the redhead pleaded, desperation crawled under his skin like an irritation.

 

Jackson sighed, “And why is that?”

 

“…”

 

“Mark, answer me.”

 

“…”

 

MARK!

 

“HE KISSED ME!” Mark shouted but soon covered his mouth with his hands.

 

Jackson just stared as if Mark had just grown a second head. At first, the fencing captain’s face was priceless, trying to process the information. But after a couple of seconds, Jackson shrugged lightly and raised his eyebrow, “Okay and? Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing? I mean, congrats, Mark. You did it!”

 

Immediately, Mark flushed, face burning red and entire body shuddering out of embarrassment. He groaned and ran a hand through his fiery red hair, “I know! But… But… That… I… I’m-He-We-”

 

“That was your first kiss,” Jackson finished the sentence for his best friend, arms crossing against his chest and face wore an expression that spelt I’m-so-done-with-your--Mark. Mark lowered his head and pouted. Jackson sighed, again, “You’re overreacting over a cheek kiss? Come on! First kiss only counts if it’s lips against lips-”

 

“It was…” Mark whispered carefully.

 

At that moment, Jackson froze. His mind drew blanks at he gawked at the redhead. “Wait. What? What did you say?”

 

“We kissed.”

 

“I know, but, like, did y’all… You know…”

 

“Y-yeah, w-we did-did…” And Mark’s face was as red as his hair again as his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down.

 

Jackson’s eyes doubled in size as the male jumped to his feet, “HOLY ! MARK! OH MY GOD-”

 

“SSSSHHHHH! You’re so loud!”

 

“Mark! You! You and… And Jinyoung… You two…” Jackson struggled to form a coherent sentence, “You and him… Him and you… You two… Oh, my God.”

 

Seeing Jackson’s reaction made Mark cowered in more embarrassment. “You’re being dramatic.”

 

Damn,” Jackson sat back down on his bottom, “So you did got your first kiss taken. I mean, I know you’ve been chasing Jinyoung’s for the longest time, but, like, you actually went your way and stole a kiss from him? You’ve grown a lot of balls, huh.”

 

“I d-didn’t!” Mark held up his hands in front of him as his cheeks flamed up, “I wasn’t the o-one who… Jackson, he… Jin-Jinyoung kiss-kissed m-me first…”

 

Okay. This night can’t get any better. But it did.

 

Hold up,” Jackson held up his hand, “Come again? What did you say this time?”

 

The redhead grabbed his head in frustration, “I said Jinyoung kissed me first! Okay? I did kissed him b-but those were only on his cheeks!”

 

“! This is hilarious!” Jackson fell onto his pile of pillows and held his stomach as laughter erupted from his mouth. “! The Mark Tuan got his first kiss stolen from the nerd! I have to go tell the others this! Oh, my God!”

 

“Stop it!” Mark hissed, “It’s not funny! I’m in a tight situation here.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jackson gathered himself and sat back up, “Jinyoung kissed you. He kissed you. That means he feels the same, am I right? So shouldn’t you be happy? You did it! You made him fall for you!”

 

“I…”

 

“You what, Mark? Isn’t this what you wanted? So why the are you here in my ing tent pouting and acting like a child instead of cuddling next to the love of your life in your tent? And maybe gets pass first base-”

 

“Oh, God, shut up, Jackson!”

 

“No! Why. The. . Are. You. Here.”

 

“I don’t know! I’m just…”

 

Jackson took a good look at Mark, and his lips tugged downwards into a deep frown, “No, no, no, no, Mark, come on. Look at me.” Grabbing his best friend’s face, Jackson searched for something in those sudden distant eyes. “You’re not going to do this bull, Mark Tuan. Jinyoung likes you, okay? He wouldn’t just kiss someone he doesn’t like –well, at least from what I viewed of him, but that’s irrelevant. What I’m trying to say is that, Mark, you have to be more confident than this! This is a good sign! You have to take advantage of it-”

 

“What if he don’t?!”

 

“What-”

 

Mark smacked Jackson’s hands away and glared, “It’s so ing easy for you to say, but what if he doesn’t like me back?”

 

“So you’re saying he kissed you first because he hates you? The ?” Jackson wasn’t having anymore of this . “Lighten the up, Mark! Not every race has a ing disaster waiting at the end of the line! You’re so ing negative, that’s why you’re like this. You don’t ever think about good things, that’s why you’re ing running away! Stop being like this, Mark, please. Not everything has a consequence. And even if it does, it’s not always bad. You have to understand that.”

 

A silence tuned in. Jackson knew Mark needed time, so he gave the redhead just that. Although this isn’t the first time it happened, it’s the first time, since knowing Mark, that Jackson said anything about it. Jackson had always tried to stay silent about it, because he didn’t want to pressure his best friend. But this isn’t the time to stay quiet. Whatever Mark’s doing is hurting both himself and Jinyoung. Jackson was sure of that.

 

The stillness would have dragged on longer, but the fencing captain’s mouth started to itch from staying shut for an unusually long time. “So-”

 

Showing a perfect example of ‘no courtesy,’ the camp’s alarm fired off. On survival instinct, Mark and Jackson covered their ears, unable to withstand the obnoxious ringing.

 

“Why the are you so close to the main site?!” Mark yelled.

 

“ASK THAT ING BASTARD!” Was Jackson’s enthusiastic response, hands still cupping over his poor ears.

 

“Who’s the ‘ing bastard’? I would like to know.” Both captains stared at each other before slowly moving their heads to look up towards the intrusion of another familiar voice. Jackson’s heart stopped beating. Eric stared down at Jackson with ‘murder’ written within his dark pupils, “Who’s that ‘ing bastard,’ Wang?”

 

“Ummm,” Jackson blinked, “I meant me. I’m the ‘ing bastard.’ We totally weren’t referring anything rude to you at all.”

 

Eric had a skeptical look, but then again, he never trusted Jackson in the first place. Moving his attention from that captain to the other captain, the Vice President slightly tilted his head to the side, lowkey looked confused but nonetheless still deadly. “And why are you here, Tuan?”

 

“Uh,” Mark darted his eyes around nervously, “I-I’ll leave.” The redhead proceeded to stand up.

 

“Forget it, you’ll be in trouble if you step out right now.” Eric sighed and sat down, “Just sleep here for the night.”

 

No ing way,” Jackson gasped, “You’re letting him? Who are you? Where’s Eric? What did you do to him?!”

 

“Shut up, Jackson,” Eric growled, annoyed and pissed off, “I’m only letting him because he can’t be in trouble when he’s the ing representative of our class. But that doesn’t mean I’m not mad at him.”

 

“You’re mad at me?” Mark pointed to himself, “For what?”

 

“You think it’s not obvious that you left your partner?”

 

Mark shut his mouth, feeling the guilt hitting him with its mighty hammer. He knew he shouldn’t have left Jinyoung without a word. Jinyoung was still hurting from the injury goddamnit! Yet he left anyways. Mark thought he was passed that point of being a teenager, but he thought wrong. Mark’s stupidity just only blossomed.

 

Jackson sighed, breaking the unwanted heavy tension between his stupid best friend and the scary Vice President, “Okay, kids, stop this. Let’s all agree that Mark is dumb as and go to sleep, all right? We all got a looooong day tomorrow.”

 

Leaving at just that, Eric shrugged and crawled over to his side of the thin mattress and laid down, back facing the his other two classmates, “If I hear any of you talking, I’ll cut your throats.”

 

The two captains shared a frightened look and hurriedly settled down. Jackson reached above his head and turned off the flashlight. He then his side, facing his best friend with an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry you have to deal with his .” The fencing captain whispered, almost discreet.

 

“I am going to cut you, Wang,” Eric declared, loud and clear.

 

Mark shook his head and covered Jackson’s mouth, stopping his best friend from retorting back. Jackson rolled his eyes and swatted Mark’s hand away. They both laid there, staring at each other in silence as Eric’s breathing turned soft and slow, indicating the male’s deep slumber.

 

“He must be tired,” Jackson whispered again.

 

“Shh,” Mark hushed his best friend, “Go to sleep.”

 

Jackson nodded and soon fell into a deep sleep with his mouth opened wide and arms stretched out, invading the spaces of the two people beside him. Eric had let out a groan and threw Jackson’s arm to the other side, as if this has happened countless of times. Mark caught the abandoned arm and gently set it down. The redhead pulled the blanket over his best friend carefully and sighed.

 

I’m not getting any sleep tonight, Mark mumbled in his head.

 

 

 

 

%%%

 

 

 

 

Kicking the dry leaves under his feet, a deep frown stuck itself permanently on Jinyoung’s face. He’s not going to deny. He’s not going to deny the awful disappointment when he woke up this morning and not found himself wrapped up in that stupid redhead’s arms. Now Jinyoung knew for sure that Mark didn’t even bothered to come back. His whole mood was completely ruined. Jinyoung just wants to go home now. What’s the use of being here when your own partner don’t even want you?

 

It hurts.

 

It stupidly hurts and Jinyoung hates it.

 

He wanted to cry. To scream. To swear out his voice at how hurtful this feels.

 

Jinyoung didn’t signed up for this.

 

He didn’t signed up for any of this.

 

But then again, thinking back at it, he was the one who initiated it… So could he even blame his heartbreak on someone else?

 

“WAIT,” Jinyoung grabbed at his shirt, “Heartbreak? WHAT? What am I? A five-year-old? What heartbreak!” Huffing out an angry breath, Jinyoung bit down his lip so hard that he soon tasted the blood at the tip of his tongue.

 

Life truly .

 

It can’t get any worse.

 

“Oh look who’s there!”

 

It could.

 

“Isn’t that Park Jinyoung?!”

 

And it will.

 

“What are you doing here all alone?” A group of obnoxious hormonal teenage boys approached the bench. “Did your knight finally realize you’re not the pretty princess he’s been looking for?”

 

Jinyoung balled his fists, his knuckles painted white. He couldn’t believe it. He’s already upset enough. And now, looks like he has to deal with this bull, too. “What do you kids want?” Jinyoung spat, glaring at the group of Juniors under his dark fringe.

 

“Woah woah,” they faked their reaction, “C-calm down, Sunbaenim!” They sneered, laughing loudly in Jinyoung’s ears. “We did mean to! We just wanted to say ‘hi,’ pay our respects to our Senior!”

 

The tone of their voices irritated Jinyoung so ing much. He felt like a joke. Sure he’s been bullied throughout his high school years, but never had he felt this annoyed at a bunch of underclassmen. Jinyoung always ignored it, concluding by himself that these people got nothing better to do than express their desperate dominance on others who are just slightly different than them. But right now, Jinyoung doesn’t now why, his body heated in rage.

 

Enough is enough.

 

“Take your pathetic asses out of here and find something better to do than try to make yourself look powerful,” Jinyoung deadpanned, staring straight into the bully’s eyes.

 

The boy scoffed, “Look at you! Trying to be tough?” He shoved Jinyoung hard, “What? Does that makes you feel better, ? You’re a nobody. That’s why no one wants you. You get the out of here and jump off a ing cliff. Do the world a ing favor you piece of .”

 

“Do you know how much damage your words could cost?” Jinyoung was enraged. But he didn’t missed the feeling of overwhelming confidence surging throughout his veins. He’s confused as to where it came from, but he liked it. Jinyoung could never stands up for himself before. But now he could. It’s a weird feeling, but he could feel it.

 

He could feel it kissing his skin tenderly and engulfed him with its sweetness and warmth.

 

For the first time in his life, Jinyoung felt his worth.

 

“Like I give a ing care about your feelings,” the bully snapped, gaze dark and aura oozing of feign dominance.

 

Jinyoung smiled, “Right, forgot, you don’t. Who are you? I know all of my bullies’ faces, but never seen you before?”

 

“You don’t need to know, ,” the crooked smile on the boy’s face sent shivers down Jinyoung’s spine in the most unsettling way, “You done seducing our Captain yet?”

 

Jinyoung subtly gulped. He’s confident, yes, but he wasn’t confident if he could win against a group six boys all by himself if a fistfight happens to break out. And the fact they’re Mark’s teammates made Jinyoung’s stomach churned in a horrible way. What if…

 

Your Captain?” A voice ripped the tension apart.

 

Jinyoung turned towards the voice and almost gasped. That voice belonged to Nana, the school’s ing goddess. And she wasn’t alone. Next to her was her partner, Minki. And next to Minki was Sora. And next to Sora was Heechul. They’re all Jinyoung’s classmates.

 

“I always go to our school’s basketball games and I swear I’ve never seen you kids before,” Sora rolled her eyes, “Captain Tuan isn’t that shallow to let in rude kids like you.”

 

The group of boys turned to look at one another, obvious fear evident on their pale faces. A whole group of Seniors and all from the school’s popular circle’s sudden appearance made their blood ran cold. Jinyoung blinked, confused at the situation.

 

Heechul sighed and made his way over first. He stopped in front of the boy and patted the kid’s shoulder, “Don’t say that, Sora, maybe he’s training right now to be on the team later. Let the kid dream. And who doesn’t admire our honorable Mark Tuan! Right, Jinyoung?”

 

“Uh, r-right…” Jinyoung nodded slowly as he watched Heechul’s lips curved into a sinister smile.

 

“But you know,” Heechul turned his attention back to the boys, “Of all the people that you could have easily picked on, you chose Park Jinyoung? The one who’s partnered with your Captain? The one who’s representing our class? Wrong pick, boys.”

 

With a light shove from Heechul, the boy stumbled backwards, his young face burning bright red. Minki shook his head and exhaled slowly, arms crossing against his chest, “Run along before this crazy motherer actually kills you.”

 

It didn’t take a second glare for the boys to scattered back to where they were coming from. Sana smiled and patted Jinyoung’s back, “You’re okay?”

 

“Y-yeah…” Jinyoung rubbed his nape awkwardly, still kind of out of it.

 

“We weren’t going to interfere, since it looked like you could perfectly handled it yourself,” Heechul’s menacing glare was long gone, “But they dared to drag dirt on Mark’s name, and you looked shocked, so we decided to lend a hand. Hope you don’t mind.”

 

“No, no, no!” Jinyoung shook his head quickly, “Not at all! I… Thank you.”

 

“Don’t mention it, just count this as compensate for all those times none of us stood up for you, Jinyoung,” Nana flashed a soft smile.

 

Jinyoung’s heart leaped a bit. Whose wouldn’t when someone as beautiful as Im Nana was smiling at you? Jinyoung blushed a bit as he looked down at the ground, feeling shy. They all noticed his reaction and laughed. Jinyoung snapped his head up, eyes-wide, and confused. “W-what?”

 

Sora linked her arm with Nana, “Stop flirting with him! Mark would skin you!”

 

Nana just rolled her eyes, “I’ll see if that stupid redhead tries.”

 

They all joined with each other and laughed, even Jinyoung. The suffocating air earlier dispersed without them knowing, letting the comfortable feeling of friendship settled in.

 

The five talked more and laughed more together as they all escorted Jinyoung back to the main campsite.

 

 

 

 

%%%

 

 

 

 

“You’re a ing idiot, Mark-hyung,” Youngjae growled, obviously furious.

 

Mark shifted uncomfortably in his seat, slowly degrading under the soccer captain’s judging and forceful glare. But Youngjae’s right. Mark is a ing idiot.

 

“Babe,” Jaebum called softly, lowkey scared of an angry Youngjae, “Calm-”

 

Youngjae turned to face his boyfriend suddenly, causing said boyfriend to flinched away in surprised, “Jaebum, please, give me one good reason to not pick up this fork and stab that stupid redhead in his goddamn pretty eyes.”

 

Jaebum raised an eyebrow, “The reason is you’ll get into a Hell lot of trouble if you do. And also, don’t think I didn’t pick up on you calling Mark’s eyes ‘pretty,’ Youngjae.”

 

“Of course you would,” Jackson rolled his eyes, mouth chewing boringly on his scrambled eggs, “Your petty always picks up unnecessary .”

 

“Wanna fight?” Jaebum challenged.

 

“Sure,” Jackson shrugged, “Let’s go. I’ve been wanting to get back since your damned swim team stole our practice room!”

 

“Hyungs,” Bambam stood up, slotting himself between his friends, “Stop. That happened a long time ago and we all now that Jaebum’s team only used it for one day to throw a party.”

 

“Yeah and they didn’t ing cleaned up and broke some of our fencing equipment! Do you heads know how expensive those things are??”

 

“Excuse you but we’ve paid for it already! What the are you getting at?”

 

“IM JAEBUM YOU-”

 

“Sit the down or I’ll straggle you both,” Youngjae commanded, voice deep and raspy, spitting authority at every word. When the two captains settled down, Youngjae returned his glare on the subject of his rage, “Mark-hyung.”

 

“Y-yeah?”

 

“I like you,” Youngjae said. Jaebum went rigid beside him. Youngjae didn’t have to glance to know how hard his boyfriend’s clenching his jaw. “And I respect you a lot. I really do. But how ing stupid are you, hyung?”

 

“I’m sorry…” Mark lowered his head, feeling like a kid being scold by his parents for skipping school.

 

“An apology doesn’t ing cuts it!” Youngjae shouted.

 

“Baby…” Jaebum pulled on his boyfriend’s sleeve, “I know he’s dumb and you’re frustrated, but calm down, okay?”

 

Youngjae sighed, running a hand through his messy hair, “Seriously, why am I even… You know what, I’m done here, talk to me again when you got Jinyoung-hyung in your arms. Until then, bye, .”

 

Mark stared in disbelief, “Youngjae-”

 

“Jaebum, come me,” and just like that Jaebum, whose face looked like he’s about to pass out any minute now, was dragged away into somewhere deep within the woods by an annoyed soccer captain.

 

Yugyeom choked on his bread, “Okay, rude, I was eating.”

 

“Yikes, poor Jaebum-hyung,” Bambam sipped on his milk casually, showing absolutely no sincerity whatsoever.

 

“Nah,” Jackson smacked his lips, “Poor Suzy and Sana. Their partners ain’t coming back for the rest of the day.”

 

The youngest shrugged, “Doesn’t matter. Today’s a break day. No mission.”

 

The other youngest gasped, “REALLY?”

 

“Yep,” Yugyeom nodded.

 

“YES!” Bambam fist-pumped the air. “Can we go on that zipline today, Yugie? And kayaking! And rock climbing? And maybe do some archery? And-”

 

“YEAH! Let’s go!” Yugyeom stuffed the last piece of bread in his mouth and quickly grabbed his best friend’s wrist and disappeared without a trace.

 

The only ones left at the table was, of course, the usual duo, Mark and Jackson. The redhead still looked bumped out and overall miserable, while Jackson rested his chin on top his palm and glanced at Mark with unamused eyes. “I hope this isn’t what you’re doing all day.”

 

Mark just let out a sigh, “I am stupid.”

 

Jackson scoffed, “Of course you are. Where’s the cool, flirty, school’s hottie go? Did you kill him?” The only response Jackson got was a frustrated groan, followed by a thud. Jackson looked down at Mark’s head planted against the table. “Go find him, Mark. Tell him you’re sorry and give him a big kiss on his mouth.”

 

“I’m so ashamed I don’t even want to see anyone.”

 

“You’re an idiot.” Jackson shook his head, eyes gazing on something interesting behind his best friend’s discouraged figure.

 

“I know.”

 

“…”

 

“I-”

 

“You’re an idiot.”

 

Mark’s eyes snapped open. That was definitely not Jackson’s voice. He lifted his head and immediately caught eyes with the person he’s most afraid to show his face to, Park Jinyoung. They shared a long stare. Mark noticed the tip of Jinyoung’s ears turning a bit pinkish. Nonetheless, they still held their gazes, refusing to let each other go.

 

“Jackson-” Heechul held up a hand but only to be grabbed by his arm and get dragged away. “Hey! What-”

 

“You talk too much,” Sana covered her classmate’s mouth with her hand as he helped the fencing captain dragging out the bother. Nana and Minki looked at each other and shrugged, not showing much care, and followed their friends towards somewhere far away from the class’s representative Power Couple.

 

Back to those two, still challenging each other to an unnecessary staring contest. They both know someone would have to break it off soon, but they’re fighting for dominance through their persistent stubbornness. Mark would stare on longer, but he’s ashamed and embarrassed. And Jinyoung’s eyes were making him squirming with unease of something powerful enough to burn his cold cheeks with hot red.

 

“Where were you?” Jinyoung asked when Mark had finally looked away.

 

“With Jackson…” The redhead replied in a quiet tone, head turned sideways and eyes casted on the wooden table with no particular interest.

 

Jinyoung’s eyebrows knitted together and a frown appeared on his angelic face. He took a seat next to Mark. “Why? I… I was waiting for you.”

 

Mark bit his inner cheek until it hurts, “I’m sorry…”

 

“I don’t want your apology. I want to know why.

 

“…”

 

“Did I do something wrong?”

 

“Wha-what? No!”

 

“Then were you upset?”

 

“No, why would I-I be upset?”

 

Jinyoung exhaled exhaustedly and ruffled his hair, a pout formulating on his pink lips, “I don’t know! Because I kissed you? You didn’t like it so you’re upset?”

 

At this, Mark turned towards Jinyoung, face set off in full panic mode, “No! NO. Don’t-I-God, no!”

 

“Then what?! If… If you liked it then you wouldn’t just d-disappeared on me-me like that!”

 

“Jinyoung-”

 

“I thought you’re in love with me! So why are you-“

 

“Please, listen-”

 

The amount of emotions Jinyoung was feeling became indescribable. He was angry. He was enraged. Triggered. Wronged. But under all of that madness, Jinyoung was hurt. Desperate. Stressed. Conflicted. And under all of that angst Mark’s putting him through, Jinyoung’s heart grew something else more dangerous. “Why are you doing this to me, Mark?! I believed everything you’ve said, but now you’re making me wondering if I’m a ing idiot for believing and trusting you so much!”

 

“Jinyoung, please-

 

“Do you know what you’re doing?” Jinyoung’s eyes narrowed in a disappointing glare, “You’re upsetting me! You’re making me confuse! You’re hurting me, Mark! Stop hurting me-”

 

Whatever those next words that screamed frustration were, nobody knows, because Mark swallowed all of them. Gently cradling his love’s head in his hands, Mark’s cold lips moved against Jinyoung’s warm ones, desperate to draw the feelings boil within him. Everything he’s been bottling up all these years wrapped up in this innocent kiss. Mark pulled Jinyoung closer, fingers carding through those dark locks of softness he’s been dying to touch so much. He kissed Jinyoung slowly, letting their parted lips molded together, dancing in a slow tune, fitting with each other’s so perfectly, melting in each other’s hot breaths, warming Mark’s lips from this freezing coldness. They both weren’t experienced, but they found each other anyways. They always do unconsciously.

 

Mark pulled them apart first, because he was losing himself in Jinyoung’s warmth and forgot that they needed to clear things with each other. His hands still holding Jinyoung’s face gently. His blown eyes admiring, soaking in, the flustered look of the love of his life. Jinyoung’s lips weren’t a pretty light pink anymore. They’re now drowning in shades of a passionate deep red along with his rosy cheeks. The sight was endearing.

 

“Jinyoung,” Mark said, trying to catch his breath, “Can you listen for a bit?”

 

Nodding, Jinyoung also tried to control himself, because that liplock left him breathless.

 

“I’m… I’m sorry for leaving you like that. I know it’s stupid, but I just didn’t know what to do,” Mark looked at Jinyoung with eyes holding so much affection and sincerity. “Don’t think I didn’t liked it. I liked it a lot, Jinyoung-ah. I was so happy and extremely embarrassed because y-you just did it out of nowhere. I wasn’t expecting it. And it was my first kiss… But besides that point, I felt so happy that you kissed me. It’s as if you returned my feelings, too… But then I couldn’t help but be bothered by the demons inside me, telling me that what if… What if you don’t even feel the same way? What if you were just doing it out of your curiosity or out of the spur of the moment? What if you pitied me? What if you felt bad that I love you so ing much so you wanted to make me feel better? What if you’re so sick of me so you just did what you thought best? What if… What if…”

 

Mark let go of Jinyoung’s face. His hands fell to his lap. The redhead sighed as he diverted his gaze towards the woods. The beating of his own heart resonated loudly in his ears. “Never in my wildest dream would I have thought things would happen like this. I’ve always been a person who would look at nothing but the negativity of the world. So I never expected anything in return from you. I know I said to give me one week. But that one week is for me to prove to you how much you mean to me, how much more you truly worth, how amazing and beautiful you are. By the end of this one week, I just want you to see yourself in a different light. I don’t need you to give me back anything. Seeing you value yourself is already enough for me.”

 

They sat in silence. Time carelessly flew by, unbothered by the tension of two beating hearts. The winds died down, though still left their coldness lingering around, but at least now it’s more tolerable. It wasn’t suffocating. It wasn’t pleasant. It wasn’t anything that spelt peaceful or content. But it wasn’t entirely the opposite. It was pure relaxation of a thunderstorm.

 

“You are an idiot,” Jinyoung spoke up, “You’re hopeless.”

 

Mark turned his attention back to Jinyoung.

 

“You’re…” That wave of confidence surged throughout Jinyoung’s body again. The adrenaline overwhelmed him, rocking and knocking at his excited heart. Without thinking about it too much, because it’ll only stresses him out, Jinyoung reached out and grabbed that stupid redhead’s face and crashed their lips together. When he pulled them apart, Jinyoung could tell how surprised Mark was just from the look in his eyes. But Jinyoung didn’t let that stopped him. His hands moved on their own, those cold, red, cheeks of this idiot. His brain, his heart, his lips, everything moved on their own when he said, “You’re beautiful, Mark.”