Spring

The Four Seasons | Wonho + Male Reader

note: the second part for this series will be posted Monday.

 

    The first thing that the brunette noticed about the park that very day was a calm boy sitting on a lightly colored park bench. His breath had been taken away almost instantly, and his fingers fumbled around with his camera. He lifted the –rather heavy, along with expensive- equipment up to his eyes, and slowly placed his finger on the shutter button. He was just mere seconds away from getting his very first concept photo for his photography assignment, but something at the back of his mind had stopped him.

 

    Taking a photo of someone without their consent was wrong, especially when they were as beautiful as the boy that sat just a couple meters away. He shook his head, unknowingly frightened to ask the boy for a photo. The brunette himself was always brave, yet there was something about the other boy that took away that bravery. He could not believe that he, Lee Hoseok, was nervous.

 

    He lowered his camera, gaze never leaving the magnificent beauty before him. “I can just ask him if I could take a photo.” He mumbled, eyes shining with adoration. He nodded his head, and spoke much quieter than before, “Yes. That is just what I shall do.” Before he could even second guess himself, he was making his way towards the boy. He stopped right in front of the park bench, and fumbled with the sleeves on his sweater. He had no clue what to say. His mind had went completely blank.

 

    “Can I help you?”

 

    Hoseok could not help but shudder at the smooth voice that he had heard. “C-can I take a photo of you?” He paused, watching as the other boy’s expression morphed into one of surprise, and then something that looked oddly like disgust. “N-not to sound creepy or anything! I’m a photography major, and we’re supposed to be taking photos of beautiful things that speak the four seasons to us! You reminded me of the spring sky as the sunsets, so I just thought that maybe it would be alright!” He spoke frantically, shaking his head as he spoke. He felt as if he had already failed, and that the other boy would cast him away.

 

    “Do not worry.” The boy chuckled, eyes gleaming with laughter. “I was just confused as to why you wanted to take a photo of someone like me.” The boy chuckled once more, his smooth laughter bringing a blush to the brunette’s cheeks. “Since it’s for a project, I might as well oblige. I have no reason to say no anyway.” He shrugged at his response, not knowing how else to put it. He hadn’t been doing anything that important, so being able to do something as modeling for photos seemed somewhat interesting to him, and made him want to take part.

 

    “A-alright. Thank you.” Hoseok smiled at the latter’s response. He felt overjoyed that he could finally get a photo for his project, especially since it was of the beauty before him. “I just need you to act naturally.” He stated, earning a half confused look from the other boy. He sighed, “Just act as if I never confronted you about this.”

 

    He took a few steps away from the bench, and began to take photos of the boy. In his opinion, every single one looked worthy of going onto his assignment. He loved how the boys pink hair went so well with the cherry blossoms just behind him, and how the bench added a splash of contrast between the two pink hues. The photographs that he had taken all looked like works of art, and that was what surprised him. He had never seen photographs that had been taken by himself look so good. It then clicked in his mind. He had never taken a photograph of a person so beautiful, and that was the reason for the drastic change.

 

    Once he felt that he had taken a decent amount of photos, he stood up from his crouched position, and made his way over to the pinkette. His heart began to pound at the thought of showing his photographs to the other boy. He had never shared his photographs with anyone, only his photography teacher, and the thought of sharing them with someone made his quite nervous. “I know for sure that I could never choose a favorite out of these, so why don’t you?” He blushed at his confession. He had no idea how he should have worded his statement, so he had just said the first words that had come to mind.

 

    “I guess I could help. I just do not want to screw up your assignment.” The pinkette waved the other boy over, and patted the place on the bench that was next to him. He awaited for the other to take a seat, before he began to review the images. To say the very least he was surprised. All of the photos that he had come across looked magnificent. He knew for a fact that he had never seen such beauty before, but at that thought his gaze locked onto the brunette. He had seen something way more beautiful. “These are so great.” He murmured, gaze not wavering once from the brunette beside him.

 

    “I would not say that they are that great.” Hoseok mumbled, his cheeks blazing a bright red. “Anyway, it’s you that made them great. I mean I-”

 

    “That is a lie. They look great because of you. The only thing that I did was simply sit on a bench. You on the other hand had to work with the lighting, the color tones, and the position of the camera. These photographs look great because of you.” The pinkette nodded his head, feeling utmost content about his answer.

 

    “I don’t know what to say.” The brunette’s statement was correct. He had no idea what he could have said to counter the pinkette’s words. The other boy seemed so sure in his answer, whereas Hoseok had no idea if he could sound that positive, and even standby his own if he were to say anything.

 

    “Just don’t say anything then.” The pinkette handed the other boy his camera, and smiled brightly. “Let’s do this again. It was actually quite fun being a part of this. I had some doubts at the beginning, but being able to look like that in a photo is just amazing.”

 

    Hoseok nodded his head. He did want to see the pinkette once again, and if taking a couple photos was going to allow him then he was on board. “Alright.” He murmured, loving the idea already. “If you don’t mind, I need you to dye your hair three more times. The colors do not matter that much, they just need to work with the seasons that we would be taking.”

 

    “Dyeing my hair is fine. I was actually looking for an excuse to dye it once more, and this gives me three.” The pinkette smiled at the thought. He enjoyed his hair being different color than seeing the [hair color] mop that he had been born with. “I can dye my hair green for summer, a warm orang for autumn, and icy blue for winter. Do those sound decent enough?”

 

    “Those sound perfect.” Hoseok smiled down at the boy, already imagining the different hues of colors on the others head. He had decided that he would always like pink the most, for it was the color that they had first met with. “We can meet here next week. Is that timing okay with you?”

 

    “That sounds perfect. I honestly had nothing to do anyway. School gets out fairly early, so I’m left with empty hours the rest of the day.”

 

    “Well, until then.” Hoseok sent the latter a small salute, and began to walk down the parks path. He was so excited to get home, just so he could begin his assignment completely.

 

    “My name is [first name] [last name] by the way! I thought that if we were going to continue meeting then we might as well learn each other’s names!”

 

    The brunette turned around, a wide smile resting on his lips. “My name is Lee Hoseok.” He shouted back. The boys waved a small goodbye, before the brunette continued on his way. He loved the other boy’s name. It had not left his mind at all on the way back home, it had not even left his mind once he had gotten home. The boy was just too easy to remember, and that was what Hoseok loved about him.