Chapter Two

Promise? Promise.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the warm-up session, it was time to run 3 laps on the track, which no one really runs. Usually students would just walk and talk until class was over.

Jay ran towards her best friend Taeil who was stretching his arms. "Jay, what's up?" He said with a smile.

He was quiet like Jay, but wasn't antisocial. He was sweetheart and silly.

She has been friends with him since 6th grade, which wase year she moved to this city.

"Taeil, you won't believe what happened today.." She said with a bright smile as the two talked and walked on the track.

"Hm, let me guess..Your huge crush Jaehyun definitely gave you attention today" He said with a knowing smile. This made Jay shocked and giggle in amazement

"Wah? How did you know? You weren't even in the same class as me..."

"Well, it was kind of obvious. You came to P.E with a smile on your face. You have never done that Jay." He said with a chuckle.

"Wow, you got a point there.." She said, shoving his shoulder. "I guess you're right. I'm never this happy, only when our holiday breaks come, haha." 

"Mhmm, so tell me the details. Please don't say that he picked up your pencil for you and left.." Taeil said and chuckled a bit.

That statement earned him another shove as she laughed dryly, he was sorta right. It was literally a normal interaction. And that made her happy.

That's really sad. Really.

Taeil saw how her expression changed a bit. He quickly put his arm around her neck and leaned his cheek onto her own and smiled.

"Sorry if I hurt your feelings..You should be okay with whatever makes you happy."

It was amazing to Jay how Taeil read her like a book. That's a real best friend.

Jay smiled at him lighyly then hugged his side. "Thanks, Tae.."

•~
As Jay entered her home, she went straight to the fridge, like she always did, and took a water bottle and a slice of apple pie.

She then noticed a small sticky note on the counter as she was going to get a fork. It was from her mom.

Sorry love, gotta do a full shift today until next Friday...Left you $20 under the note for dinner today. Love you lots xx

Jay sighed then shook her head. She took the bill from under the note and went up to her room.

She changed into some comfortable lounging clothes, which were a black cropped tank top and gray shorts.

She's been working too hard..Man, she's really having a hard time..

Jay's mother just went through a breakup with her almost 4 year relationship with her boyfriend, Kim Junmyeon. That was so sudden for Jay.

She didn't have a clue for what caused the breakup. Everything seemed perfect. Her mother never told her why.

Jay was adopted by her mother, Chanhee, who took her in when she was 6 years old. She has dated plenty of guys since Jay could remember.

However they never wanted to marry her due to her already having a child, especially one that isn't hers exactly..

But her ex-boyfriend, Junmyeon, was different. He loved her despite of her being a mother with a child she adopted.

He was the sweetest man Jay have ever seen which her mother. They had a special bond.

He always gave the best advice and said horrible dad jokes Jay couldn't stand. Jay still keeps in touch with him, but she never bothered to bring up that topic of  breaking up with Junmyeom. It been 3 months.

Thinking about that situation started to make Jay's head hurt a bit, so she just decided to go out and walk around the town for a bit to relief her stress.

•~

​​​Jaehyun looked at his phone that was vibrating. It was Jennie calling for facetime. He sighed while rolling his eyes.

"Jaehyun! Get down here..!" His mom shouted.

Jaehyun sighed in relief since he now has a reason to decline her call. He jumped out of his bed and made his way to his mother who called him down.

He came to found her sitting down on the couch with a  bitter look on her face like usual.

"네,엄마 ..?" Yes, mom..?

"Why did I find the dishes dirty? How many times I have to tell you not to do that? Huh?" She said, raising her voice.

He observed how her eyes were red, and she reeked of alcohol. Nothing unusual, of course.

But he certainly did tensed up since he knew this would did well.

Jaehyun looked over at the sink. It was literally just a spoon he put in after eating his yogurt.

.

"Mom, its one spoo-"


"Excuse me, are you talking back to me? Why are you being so rebellious?" She interrupted before getting up to give him a hard slap on the cheek.

Jaehyun he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter