Epilogue - Five Months Later

No Homo, But

“Dude,” Jooheon whispers to Changkyun in class the following Wednesday, a toothy grin spreading across his face. Changkyun glances over, though his smile falters at seeing the older’s expression. He heaves out a knowing sigh and shakes his head.

“No, hyung,” he replies, rolling his eyes at how typical this situation is. Their teacher passes by them, shooting them a suspicious glance. She knows all too well by now the antics these two can get into. Midterms had been such a disaster… Now, at least, the school year is nearly over, and she won’t have to deal with a fiasco like that again.

Come on, Kkungie,” Jooheon whispers seductively in Changkyun’s ear. “You know you want to…” Changkyun’s mouth goes dry, and his mind starts going a million miles a minute as he thinks of all the things he really does wanna do with his hyung amidst the approaching summer heat by an abandoned river bank… 

, Changkyun thinks, pushing such thoughts away in order to refocus on denying his hyung, no matter how… hard it has become. He shifts in his seat, trying to put some distance in between himself and his boyfriend. Jooheon watches Changkyun’s incredibly obvious struggle, smirking knowingly. He chuckles under his breath, scooting close once more. He begins to run his fingers tantalizingly up and down the younger’s arm, and he swears Changkyun begins to tremble at the touch.

Shh,” Kihyun’s all-too-familiar tone whispers at them from behind. They glance back simultaneously only to roll their eyes at their hyung, to which the older responds by throwing his pencil at them. They turn back around to the front, only for Jooheon to continue whisper temptingly in his ear.

“Just this once, Kkungie?” Jooheon says, his breath tickling Changkyun’s ear. “Just this one last time? It’s the last chance we’d get to do something like this… Please? For me?” Changkyun puffs out an annoyed breath, though granted it sounds a bit more defeated than he’d intended. Jooheon laughs once more, this time a bit more victorious than need be. 

“Fiiiiiine,” Changkyun relents, completely aware of how it’d been a losing battle all along. He could never say no to his hyung. “Just this one last time.” Jooheon nods, silently promising that it will indeed be the last time. He then pulls out the juice box in question, and glances around to make sure their teacher isn’t watching before flinging it to the front of the room. It collides with a satisfying thump against the back of Hyungwon’s head. Granted, that hadn’t been its intended target, but the sound it made had been much better than the one it’d have made if it had hit the blackboard up front.

Oh, God, Changkyun thinks. Hyungwon whirls around, a look of outright rage contorting his handsome features. 

Lee Jooheon!” Hyungwon screams, irate. The teacher turns on her heel to see her favorite student’s hair currently clumping together in the sticky liquid. Her face begins to turn several shades of red as she flings a single index finger out towards the door.


“I can’t believe this…” Changkyun grumbles, rolling his eyes in annoyance. He stands beside the chair outside the principal’s office, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. “It’s the last day of school, hyung! And look at where we are!”

“You didn’t have to come with me, Kyunnie,” Jooheon tells him, lifting his head from his hands to shoot him a sweet smile as he adds, “but I’m glad you did.” Changkyun rolls his eyes once more, though this time with a noticeable less amount of aggravation. The office door suddenly opens, and their parents walk out of the room with Hyungwon following close behind. Jooheon immediately stands and bows so low his back is parallel to the floor.

“I’m so sorry again, hyung,” Jooheon says sincerely. “It was an accident, I swear, I—”

“It’s fine, Jooheonney,” Hyungwon tells him as he holds up a halting hand. “Really, I know it was an accident. I was just mad when it happened. Don’t worry about it.” Jooheon straightens up, sighing in relief. Changkyun bows to the parents present as well, hoping to stay in Jooheon’s parent’s good graces.

Not that that’s been an issue before. Jooheon has assured Changkyun through the months that his parents love the younger more than they do their own son, but he isn’t too sure how long that’ll be true once they find out about their relationship…

But, that’s a worry for another time. Not this summer. This summer they’ll just sit by the riverbank, have picnics, hang out every moment they can get… 

Yeah, Changkyun thinks, staying back with Jooheon so they can leave the school together, this summer’s gonna be great…