Chapter Six

No Homo, But

“Dude, you at this.”

Changkyun pouts, though he doesn’t dare glance away from the screen. Jooheon’s currently beating him hard at the shooting game they’re playing, and he doesn’t need any more distractions. He doesn’t even bother verbally responding, for Jooheon’s snarky laughter merely serving to light a fire under his to wrack as many points as possible till the end. 

Finally, the games ends, and Changkyun is in hold of a substantial amount of more points than the older. He smirks over at Jooheon in victory. 

“Dude, you at this,” he mocks, doing his best faux-Jooheon impression. Jooheon stares blankly at his dongsaeng, very much not impressed. 

“Don’t mock your hyung,” he tells him, though in a joking-enough manner so that Changkyun knows he really didn’t anger him. He lightly hits Changkyun on the back of the head to emphasize his own words, but the younger overreacts and rubs the back of his head to get some sympathy. Of course, Jooheon immediately feels bad, but he won’t let Changkyun know that.

They walk away from the game and meander aimlessly through the aisles of multicolored flashing lights and screaming adolescents. There’s an obvious dance battle going on at the giant DDR platform, but Jooheon and Changkyun steer clear of that mess. There’s enough people cheering on the two competitors, and they’d much rather find the snack counter. 

They find the food area with relative ease, and order a pizza to share. As they sit down and eat, Jooheon becomes much too distracted with the cute way Changkyun slurps up the melted cheese to be able to eat properly. 

“So, uh,” Changkyun suddenly mumbles, gulping his last bite down a bit slower than he had his other pieces. “I wanna say thanks for how you saved me earlier. You know, with the car and everything.” 

Jooheon tries to muster up some suave thing to say in return, like the hero would in a drama, but he can’t think of anything. He’s too enamored with the single string of cheese that lingers on Changkyun’s plump lips. He finds himself leaning forward, tilting the younger’s face upward ever so slightly, and wiping it off with his thumb. He the cheese off said thumb before he even realizes what he’s doing. He pretends as if it’s nothing, though, despite Changkyun choking on his drink in surprise. 

Changkyun watches Jooheon with an unreadable gaze as he straightens up, his eyes cold and calculating. Jooheon squirms a bit, nervous for what the younger will possibly say. 

“No homo,” he says, his voice surprisingly steady when paired with his shaking pupils, “but that was pretty cool.”

“No homo,” Jooheon replies almost immediately, leaning forward once again, “but next time I think I’ll just kiss you, instead.” He doesn’t know why he says it. What had happened to waiting until Changkyun figured his stuff out? What had happened to giving him time?

Well, that had all been flung out the window when Changkyun had begun to gaze at him with that hazy look in his eye, which only reminds Jooheon of his dreams. 

Changkyun stares at his hyung, knowing exactly what he wants to say but unsure if he has the balls to say it. He wants Jooheon to kiss him, he really does. He hasn’t even decided whether or not he’s gay, but he knows he’d be the happiest teen in the world if his best friend kissed him right now…

“No homo,” Changkyun finds himself saying as he leans in as well, “but I kinda want you to.” 

That’s all Jooheon needs to hear. 

He reaches forward once more, holding Changkyun by the jaw, and presses their lips together for a sweet, simple peck. Changkyun takes control, though, as the older attempts to pull away, and uses the opportunity to live out one of his more simple fantasies. He leans forward to apply more pressure against the older boy’s lips, a hand coming up to tangle itself in Jooheon’s hair. He takes a chance and nibbles on Jooheon’s lower lip questioningly. The older seems all too eager to open his mouth and allow his dongsaeng in, a small moan escaping him at the sensation.


“Um… Excuse me?” 

Jooheon and Changkyun separate for the first time in who-knows-how-long. They glance over to see an employee shuffling anxiously on his feet and wringing his hands together.

“Sorry to interrupt,” the boy who looks to be around their age says, “but, if you’re done eating now, we really need this table. Our after-dinner rush is going to start soon…”

Jooheon glances around for his phone in surprise to check the time. Surely it isn’t that late already.

“Okay,” Changkyun replies for them as he gives the worker a nod. Jooheon pulls his phone from his pocket, and his eyes widen at realizing that it is indeed that time already. 

Time flies when you’re making out with your childhood friend, he guesses. 

The younger’s eyes are clouded over, his pupils blown. Jooheon can’t help but chuckle at this. The familiar sound seems to bring the younger out of his stupor, which is signified by how his cheeks begin to blaze a bright red. He blinks repeatedly, presses his lips together, and quickly slides out of the sticky booth. Jooheon hurries to follow, though it’s a bit hard due to how fast his dongsaeng is running out of the arcade.

“Changkyunnie!”

“S-S-Sorry, hyung,” Changkyun tells him over his shoulder, though he still doesn’t quite meet Jooheon’s gaze. “I have to get home. I… Sorry.”

Jooheon huffs out an exasperated breath as he watches the younger’s retreating back. 

Great going, Jooheon. You’ve really screwed up now.