Chapter Two

No Homo, But

The night goes well, for the most part. They watch some crappy TV, eat pizza and ice cream, and talk about the homework they should be doing instead of these other things. They go to bed pretty late, but since it’s a Friday neither really care.

Changkyun had begun to fall asleep in Jooheon’s arms on the couch, which is what causes him to drag them both back to Changkyun’s room. He scoots in under the covers next to his dongsaeng, who cuddles up next to him in his sleep and hugs him tightly like a body pillow. It’s something he’s done many times in the past, which is why he can’t figure out exactly why it now gives him butterflies.

He holds the younger close, allowing Changkyun to use his chest as a pillow, and falls asleep soon after.

 

Changkyun awakens the next morning, a certain pressure built up in boxers. He bites his lower lip, absolutely hating yet again having morning wood. It’s been a persistent issue since his dreams of Jooheon had begun. He presses his body against the nearest thing, wrapping his legs around whatever is close to him. Last he remembers, he’d fallen asleep on the couch, so he’s fairly certain this is nothing more than a throw pillow. He sighs, pushing up against the assumed-pillow even more for even the slightest bit of relief.

“Um… Changkyunnie?”

Changkyun freezes, eyes flashing open in an instant as he scrambles back. He bumps into a wall, his covers falling off him as he moves frantically to separate himself. His cheeks burn in utter embarrassment as Jooheon stares at him, seeming a bit confused by what had just happened.

“G-Good morning hyung,” Changkyun stutters out, at a loss for what else to say. After all, he’d missed the guide on how to greet your best friend for who which you’ve just gotten morning wood… Though, granted, he absolutely refuses to acknowledge he didn’t gotten this way because of his dream.

No, it’s just hormones.

“I’m gonna go downstairs,” Jooheon says, his tone a bit too casual. “You know, to see if there’s anything to eat and all. You go ahead and take a shower and take care of uh… everything.” His eyes shoot down to the tent Changkyun is currently pitching, lingering for a moment too long—in Changkyun’s opinion—before leaving the room.

The second after the bedroom door closes, Changkyun throws himself back down onto his bed with a loud groan. He covers his face with his hands, hoping to block out this dreadful morning from his mind. He cannot believe he’d just done that, popped a and pushed it up against Jooheon, freaked out his best friend with said by pushing up against him… while sighing the tiniest little sigh he’s ever sighed before.

This is the worst morning of my life, he mentally whines, absolutely hating his life in this moment, and I haven’t even gotten out of bed.

He shoves himself up to get into the shower, knowing he needs to take care of this as soon as possible so as to keep Jooheon from getting suspicious.

 

Jooheon finds some eggs, leftover rice, and kimchi. He pauses, pursing his lips. Sure, he can make eggs. He’s never done it before, but he’s seen Kihyun do it before in home-ec… once…

So, sure, he can make eggs.

As he cracks the white oval objects in question into the bowl, he can’t help but chuckle as he thinks of how flustered Changkyun had been before. Of course, it’s understandable to an extent. He feels he’d be pretty shocked, too, if he were in the younger’s place. Besides, it isn’t as if he’d never woken up in such a state before. It’s just one of those fun little things that comes with puberty.

Though, it does cause him to question just what the younger had been dreaming about to bring about such a response. That had been…um… quite the sizeable response, indeed.

 

“Hyung.”

Jooheon jumps, whirling around to face his dongsaeng. He hadn’t realized Changkyun had walked in already. His dark brown hair is stringy and clings to his head for dear life, so it’s obvious he’s taken a shower. The younger leans against the wall and crosses his arms over his chest.

“You’re cooking?” he asks with a raised brow. “You sure that’s the best idea, hyung? Last time you cooked, the cake exploded in the oven. The school had to get a replacement.”

“These are eggs, not a cake,” Jooheon fires back jokingly. “Don’t worry, I’ve got this. Now stop questioning your hyung and sit down at the table.” Jooheon glances back at the stove, his heart quickening a bit at seeing the blackened food in the pan. He moves it around a bit cautiously, unsure if that’ll help. Luckily, it seems that not all of it is burned, so he gladly covers up what has been ruined by what’s simply… charred, he guesses, when he plates it.

Changkyun stares down at his plate, poking at his eggs with his chopsticks. He pouts over at the older, eyes begging.

“You obviously can’t handle eggs, either.”

Jooheon rolls his eyes, and lightly hits Changkyun on the back of the head.

“Just eat them, dude,” he tells him, shoving a mouthful of egg passed his own lips. He nearly gags at how tasteless it is—god, how could he have forgotten to add in salt and pepper??—but he doesn’t let the younger know. In fact, he even manages to hum in delight at how awful his own cooking is. Changkyun gives him a very unimpressed look, but takes a hesitant bite of the eggs anyway.

Never having been one apt to hiding how he really feels, Changkyun gags on the bite in a second, and very clearly has to force the crumbling, bland mass of what he knows used to be eggs down his throat. But, he still eats it without verbally complaining, and Jooheon knows that’s the best he can hope for.

Still, while he watches Changkyun choke on what he had cooked a bit too dramatically, he can’t help but think of some kind of revenge.

“Kyunnie,” he says, pasting a confident smirk on his face, “no homo, but earlier it looked like you have a pretty big . I’m impressed.”

Changkyun legitimately does choke on his eggs this time, signified by how he beats his chest to try and dislodge the food somehow. It takes him at least a whole minute to recompose himself, and a whole other for Jooheon to finally stop laughing at him. Changkyun scowls at his hyung, though he’s grateful for the laughter, for it helps Changkyun keep his wildly blushing cheeks hidden until his embarrassment subsides.