I'll be Back

I Won't Give Up

Quite longer than the first chap I believe, please bear with it hehe..

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sooyoung loved to observe the situation she was in. On the back seats of the bus the boys were there singing some vacation songs, with one leading with a guitar. Looking at the other side, some girls seemed to have warm chat with their seatmates while holding bags of snacks in their hands. The boys then shouted calling the girls asking for some food to share. Annoyed, one of the girls just threw a bag of chips to the back seats, which fortunately caught by the boy. The boys shouted simple 'thank you' before opening the snack and continue singging while munching it.

 

What a mess.

 

Sooyoung shook her head while giggling, honestly missing this kind of atmospher. Youngsters. Having fun together. She just realized that it's been a long time since she felt this warmth. She then turned her head back to her favorite scenery from the first time she sit on the bus. A smile crept on her face as she looked at the excited girlfriend of her seeing the beautiful nature outside the window. That American just kept gasping to almost everything she saw.

 

"Soo! Look! Look at that!" Jessica grabbed Sooyoung left hand yet her eyes still on the window. "Mwoya?"

"That's the hill we will be staying at right??" She pointed to a hill above the area that somehow looked like forest. "I kinda saw our university flag just then!"

 

Sooyoung just giggled at her excited baby, "Well, I think so.."

"Wuahh!" After doing a couple of claps with both her palms, Jessica continued studying the scenery outside.

"It seems like where Mei and Sasaki live.." She said.

Sooyoung furrowed her eyes, "Mei? Sasaki who?"

Jessica looked at her, "They are the siblings in Totoro movie, don't you watch it?"

"Aish.. Studio Ghibli stuffs. Tiffany infected you so much."

The American just chuckled softly, "Speaking of Tiffany, I missed her so bad.."

"Sure you do." Sooyoung responded.

"Why did she have to leave me alone and go back to US after graduation that pabo!"

"Alone? Yah! What am I to you?" Sooyoung said in a high tone.

 

Jessica looked at her carefully, before smirking and circling her arms in Sooyoung's left arm, then leaned her head to her shoulder. "You? You are my love."

Sooyoung still pouted and Jessica could see that after glancing a while.

 

"What I mean is.. Fany was the person I used to share every story since I was kid. She used to always be there whenever I was down. She is a sister for me beside Krys." She explained patiently with a smile on her face, which after a moment reciprocated by her girlfriend.

The Choi carressed Jessica's hair with her free hand before kissing the crown of her head softly.

 

"You can share the stories with me know. Even more, we can make them, the stories, together. You. And me."

 

That sweet talks made Jessica rose her head from snuggling in Sooyoung's arm to look at her eyes lovely. She felt so glad to find this girraffe.

And Sooyoung. She maintained the smile on her face watching the eyes of the love of her life. She glanced a bit to the window. The scenery was beautiful. But what can be more beautiful than this innocent girl she's been taking care of? Probably nothing. She promised herself not to let any harm hurt this baby.

 

 

It took some times before both of them back from their each imagination as the bus stop and a senior told them to get ready and walk out of it.

After everybody's out, the students assigned to the area they're allowed to build their own tent. The couple of course will share a tent together, but there will also be the midget best friend of the Choi. Taeyeon just woke up late earlier, so she had to begged her oppa to send her to the camping site because the bus had already left her. While waiting for latter who haven't come, Sooyoung and Jessica chose to listen some important stuff from their senior while building their tent.

"So guys, you all the second year students will be staying here in your each tent along this camping trip. The senior will take shifts to control. Some of us will stay here and some of us will stay at the comitte center with the lecturers. If needed some urgent stuffs like medicine or electronic thingie you can came there because we probably have it." The students nodded.

"But the thing is, there is a forest between this area and the comittee center. Earlier we had put some signs on the way there, but to make it safe we suggest you to ask for our help to guide you if you need to go there. Remember that this is nature, it may be little bit wilder than your usual life. Do you understand?"

"Neh, sunbaenim!" The so called junior team answered surely.

"Neh! Neh!" Suddenly a voice could be heard from the back.

As they turned to know the source of it, Taeyeon seen out from her oppa's car and hurriedly ran to her friends. Unfortunately due to her carelessness, the petite girl just slipped and fell while running.

"God damn it, can't she ever change?" Sooyoung facepalmed herself as Jessica and other students laughed at her bestie.

 

****

Sooyoung POV

Jessica and I are walking hand in hand along the hill just after having our lunch. We decided to take a look around after hearing from our friends that there is a farm near our camping site. While for Taeyeon? I told her to just stay in our tent and keep all of our things safe as a punishment because she was late and didn't help us build the tent. I am a fair best friend I know.

 

I feel Jessica pulls my hand as a family of cows come into our view. We stop on the side of the fence. She watches them carefully with her sparkling eyes that surely are amazed by the living creatures in front of her. Cannot seem to stand her cuteness, I ruffle her bangs. My love is such a kiddo. She doesn't mind her hair being messed up and still mesmerized by how the animals eat the grass.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, Jessica-yah!" I suddenly hear someone's voice from the left side of the farm. It's Doojoon, one of our camping friend. Riding a white horse with probably a farm staff behind him to guide, he come near us. "Yo, Doojoon-ah!"

"Are you two just here to watch the cows?" He asks chuckling before going down from the horse. "Just try riding this, it's daebakk!"

 

"We can ride this for free?" I ask as I look at him and the farm staff.

"Ye-" But before he can answer, someone from behind shout out his name.

 

"Joon-ah!!!!!" We turn our back just to see a boy around my height waving at him.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry girls. I forgot that Junhyung is waiting for me. See you in the camping site. Have fun!!" He says before finally leaving to that Junhyung dude. Jessica and me are dumbfounded before the farm staff calling us.

 

"Ehmm, Miss.."

"Oh, neh.." We turn to face him.

"It's free to ride this horse. Would like to try?"

I look at Jessica who seems to look at the horse so much. I can feel how she admires the animal.

"Baby, wanna try?" She's startled at my sudden voice and looks at me.

I can see her bit her lower lip and look to the ground, "hmm..." but then sometimes glancing at the horse and at me.

 

"Are you afraid? Don't worry, the staff will guarantee you're safe." I smile and carress her cheek. She shakes her head and looks at the ground again, making me frown.

 

"Why?" I ask again.

 

"Hmmm.." She slowly rises her head and meets my eyes.

 

"C-can I... Can I-I have you instead to accompany me riding it?" She says then get blushed automatically.

 

That gets me speechless for a while before my face makes a very wide smile. I swear if there isn't a farm staff standing beside me, waiting for our decision, I will surely hug and kiss her madly because of how cute this girl is. But sadly I have to hold it and just nod to her.

 

"Of course, bae.."

 

 

****
(still) Sooyoung POV

 

"Hey, buddy. Can you check if the samgyetang is ready?" Taeng says as she rinse the rice that soon to be cooked with both of her hands.

"Kay.." I walk to the pot and take the spoon beside it, before decreasing the fire level of the stove and make a spoon of soup entering my mouth.

 

"Too salty!" I shout to the midget letting my tongue out of its place like a puppy.

"Try adding some water then!" She shout back, leave me frowning.

 

I then add spill some water from the bottle under the stove before stirring the samgyetang soup lazily with my right hand, as my bruised left hand is stayed on my lap.

Yeah, I got some bruises on my left forearm from my horse riding with Jessica earlier. And as I see it now, it even swollen more.
 

 

Flashback

Sooyoung and Jessica was riding the horse side by side with the farm staff whom they had talked to before. It's been the almost an hour already but Sooyoung could sense an unsatisfied face of Jessica who was sitting right in front of her. It was probably because she found the ride boring and awkward because of the staff that kept following them.

 

Slowly the taller girl put her chin on her lover's shoulder, "Sica-yah, are you bored?"

 

Jessica blushed and smiled at Sooyoung's sweet act. She shook her head a little, "Anii... Not when I'm with you~"

 

"So what's with the uninterested look?"

 

Jessica glanced at Sooyoung hearing the question, "Eehmm. I just.."

"Yeah?"

 

 

"I don't expect us to go this slow while riding horse."

 

The answer got Sooyoung giggled, making Jessica blushed more because of the embarassment,

"Yah!" With her palm playfully closing Sooyoung's face, she whispered scolding her lover for laughing at her.

 

 

Sooyoung pulled off before she turned her body and bow a little to face the farm staff to discuss about something. The farm staff seemed to not liking Sooyoung's request. But after various ways of persuassion, Sooyoung was able to make him agree. The staff then handed her the rope and told her to be careful before leaving them. Sooyoung just smiled and replied with an okay sign with her hand.

 

"Y-yah! Why did you tell him to leave us?!" Jessica asked her as she was panicked. Sooyoung laughed.

 

"Hahaha. Easy, babe. It's because I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

Jessica looked back, "But we need him to keep us safe ri-"

 

"We don't." Sooyoung cut, "You need me. To be safe." and peck Jessica's right cheek.

 

"Yahh-"

 

"I have learned horse riding with Siwon Oppa for a while if you don't know." The younger explained mentioning her older cousin that currently living in Jejudo with her wife. While saying that she started to pull the rope and made the horse began to walk.

"Really?" Her girlfriend asked with a calmer tone than before.

 

"Neh. So you don't have to be afraid.." She said, trying to look cool while pulling the rope more to accelerate the speed for a bit. Smile crept on her face as she felt Jessica squeezed one of her hands.

 

"Okay, but be careful please.."

 

"I wi-"

But before Sooyoung could answer it, they were surprised at the sudden noises behind them,

 

"Move!! Move to the side!!"

 

There was one of farm staffs running with horrified look at Sooyoung and Jessica with one brown horse rided ran uncontrolably beside her. The staff tried his best to catch the animal but still couldn't get it. Sooyoung was fast to make the horse they were riding turn to the opposite side but it was still a little bit late because finally the brown horse crushed them.

 

The couple lost their balance as well as their horse. But at the urgent time like that, Sooyoung remembered that there is a girl she has to protect. Shielding Jessica with all of her body, Sooyoung hold the girl close while falling, letting her left forearm met the ground hard as they both voice some painful grunts.

 

End of flashback

 

 

I sigh before looking at the watch on my right wrist. Four PM. It's already been two hours since she's gone. Is it normal?


 

Flashback

 

"I told you not to be naughty!"Jessica scolded Sooyoung while frowning as she applied some medicated oil to the latter's forearm.

 

"If we let the farm staff stay beside us, this wouldn't happen you know.." She continued her lecture as well the massage while Sooyoung was pouting silently in front of her. Not before she let out a soft grunt again.

 

"O-oh sorry, was that too hard?" The American asked worriedly. Sooyoung bit her lower lip, trying to hold the pain.

"A bit.." Jessica's frown grew wider, "but it's okay.."

 

Jessica was quiet for a while looking at Sooyoung's bruises forearm before saying, "This won't do."

 

"Wha-"

"We only have medicated oil here and your bruises cannot be healed with this.."

"Sica, it's oka-"

 

Jessica carefully put Sooyoung pained hands on top of the girl's other hand on her lap before standing feom her seat, "I will go to comittee center to ask for some bandage."

 

"NO!" Sooyoung clearly opposed it.

 

"Yes!" But Jessica wouldn't care.

"No!!" Sooyoung shouted but Jessica ignored it again.

 

"Baabee~" The younger, taller girl of them whine, making the other laughed at her childishness.

 

"Youngie-yah.. It's okay, I will ask Boa unnie to guide me there." Jessica bowed a little and cupped her girlfriend's face that still was pouting.

 

She then turned her face to the tent where Taeyeon was reading a book while laying down, "Tae! I'll be going out for a while. Please take care of my baby giraffe, will you?"

Taeyeon just raised her thumb without sharing any glance. Jessica nodded and turned her head back to her girlfriend.

 

"I'll be back.."

 

End of flashback
 

 

I wake from my seat when I see Boa unnie, our senior, walks not far from our tent. I smile before approaching her.

 

"Unnie, you've come back? Where is Jessica?" I ask her excitedly.

She turns around to see me, "Annyeong, Soo.." but then look confused, "Mwo? Come back? Jessica? I've been here all day tho."

 

I'm taken aback by the statement, "B-but Jessica told me that she would ask you to accompany her to the comittee center?"

 

Boa sunbaenim seems to think for a while, "Hmmm, I remember she asked me if I were busy this afternoon. But at that time I was helping some junior with their stuffs. She said it's okay and just leave."

 

Did she?

 

I look at the sun that slowly turning red and ready to set. My worry gets wider. I quickly take my phone from my pocket and search for her number.

 

[The number you're calling is-]

"Sht!!" I cursed the automatic voice. She probably is in the area where there is no signal. Damn I know I shouldn't have let her earlier.

 

God. Jessica Jung where are you!?
 

 

 

***
Jessica POV

 

I turn around to search for any other sign on the tree but there aren't anymore. Strange. I guess I have followed all the signs to finally arrived here.

 

Should I go back?

 

I look surround me. Seeing the countless number of trees and plants, I sigh. Geez.. I don't even know the way back to the camping site.

 

I take my phone out and sigh again after seeing that there is no signal.

 

It's okay Jessica, you have to find the comittee center and ask for the bandage to treat Sooyoung. She was hurt because she protected you, I told myself.

 

I was ready to walk again, but then I feel a hand hold my shoulder making me shiver.

 

 

 

"Miss..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Who. Is. That :P