Teardrop

I Won't Give Up

Be ready. I'll 'brighten up' your day with this chapter :)

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Miss..."

Even with fear in her heart, Jessica turn to turn back.

 

"Oh. Jessica-ssi!"

Jessica relieved exhaling because she knew the person, "Taecyeon sunbaenim.."

 

"What are you- Oh. Are you lost?"

The girl scratched her not so itchy hair, "Kind of.. I need to go to the comittee center to ask for some medicine."

 

"For you? Where are you hurt?" Taecyeon skimmed if Jessica had any bruises.

"Ani.. It's for my.. I mean it's for Sooyoung. She had some bruises on her arm."

 

Taecyeon mouthed an 'o' before smiling, "Okay. Let's go there to find some stuffs to rescue your prince!" He said making the girl blushed before leading the way to the comittee center.

 

 

****
Jessica POV

"Are you sure you had all you need for Sooyoung?" Taecyeon sunbaenim asks me on the way back to the camping site.

Yes, he insists to accompany me back to the site because the day is almost dawn and afraid if I will be lost again like I did.

"I guess yes, Sunbae. A pack of bandage and some other medicine." I see the small pounch the senior gave me ealier, before touching the back pocket of my jeans "I even borrowed a scissor to cut the bandage."

"Good then."

Just as I turn to smile at him, I hear a familiar voice calling me from in front of me.

 

 

"Sica." She drenches in sweat with her forearm swollen more than it was when I left her.

 

"Soo.."

 

 

***
Sooyoung POV

"Soo...." She calls me but I choose to ignore it, letting her walking behind me.

 

Taecyeon sunbaenim earlier told me that he found the lost Jessica when she was looking for a way to the comittee center, and to make it safe he planned to accompany her walking back to the camping site after getting all she needs in comittee center.

 

Well, make sense. I roll my eyes.

 

"Soo... Wait.." She calls me again but I still keep silent. That makes her sigh.

 

"Are you mad?" She asks softly, trying to not offend me but it still did. I just shrugged.

 

Who is not anyway, I was worried like crazy running my off, because I couldn't have any idea where the hell she is. I searched here all along the forest, did not care if I would be the one getting lost too, just to find a slight of her shadow. Despite the bruises in my forearm, I left the tent, where she asked me to stay and wait until she's back,  because she, never came back.

 

"He was telling the truth. Taecyeon sunbaenim helped me to find the way out from the forest. He was just there to accompany me back."

And by the mention of that sunbaenim, my emotion escalated more. After all my sweats as the result of searching after her, I had to find them two sharing a warm talk in a way back in the forest toward the camping site.

 

No, I'm not jealous.

 

Or yes?

 

Oh my God. Boy. For God saken of course yes I'm jealous.

How can I not? Taecyeon sunbaenim used to have a huge crush on Jessica. He used to sent her many gifts in the first year of our university life. He even finally confessed and asked to court her before she told him that she was no longer single. Yes, man, that girl is mine, do you hear me? Fortunately, he quickly backed off after Jessica officially introduced me to him as her lover. I see that he is not that type of man who is eager to get what he wants even if it means to broke others' happiness or relationship.

Okay. Okay. I know he is a good person. He knows Jessica and I are in love with each other, and he never try to separate us. He even looked so awkward back then when I found them walked together and try to apologize, but then I just told him a cold thank you and ask if he mind to just gi back to the comittee center because I myself was able to accompany Jessica back to the camping site.

Okay I believe that he don't have any bad intention. But what can you expect from me when I watched them walking together? Alone? In the forest? When the sun was about to set? ROMANTICALLY?

 

"Soo, I swear he and I didn't do-" I turn my body before she finished it, making her startled, loosing her balance and almost fall back.

 

"Sooyoungie-" She looks at my eyes and be scared because of how cold they are, so she chooses to stop all her whines and standing frozen there to let me talk.

 

 

Author POV

Sooyoung lookes straight to Jessica's eyes, "Sica, look..." making her girlfriend gulped.

"If you think that I'm jealous, if you think that I'm angry because what I saw first after running for is you, walked together with Taecyeon-ssi, you are right."

Jessica bit her lower lip and looked at the ground frowning, "M-miyan.."

 

Sooyoung sighed, bowing a bit and cupped her lover's face.

 

"Look at me, Jessica Jung. Look. At. Me." She said in a bold yet whispering tone.

 

Despite her feeling frightened, Jessica raise her eyelevel to meet Sooyoung's. After all, no matter how angry she is, she knew for sure that the other girl would not hurt her. Heck, she even won't scold Jessica if it's not for a very important reason.

 

"You make me jealous. You make me angry for interacting with other person happily while I was in pain." The American found sincerity in the eyes in front of hers. "But that's not what makes me sad the most."

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and almost talk when she already parted her lips. But she chose not to. She chose to let her lover talked until she's finished. She didn't want any misunderstanding happen again between them.

 

After being official with Jessica three years ago, Sooyoung found that it's very important to tell what they feel to each other, when someone's sad, angry, or anything. If they need to complain, they should complain, and the other of course have to listen.

But all these times, Jessica is the one with the most complain schedules.

She realized that all these times they were together Sooyoung was always the one who would listen, who would be patient, if she had anything to complain, to lecture. Sooyoung would listen until she finished before apologize or discussing a way out in a very soft attitude.

So this time she wanted to be what that tall girl always showed her. She would listen carefully.

 

"Why did you leave even Boa unnie can't accompany you?" Sooyoung started.

 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier before you go?"

 

"...."

 

"Do you know how worried I was? I was worried, Jessica! I was worried like hell!"

 

"...."

 

"I told you not to go but you wouldn't listen. You assured me that you would go with Boa unnie. You assured me that you'd be back soon, but you wouldn't. You wouldn't comeback after two freakin hours."

 

"...."

 

"Do you know how worried I was?!" She asked the exact same question again in a rather higher tone, making Jessica gulped.

 

She looked at the ground feeling sorry and Sooyoung let her. She wanted to cry but held it. She's startled. Sooyoung had never scolded her, not this much.

 

"My head was such a mess, Sica. What if you got lost- which is true? What if something happened to you in the forest? What if nobody's there to help you? What if nobody's there to protect you? What if someone bad appear? Or wild animal? Or-whatever!"

 

Sooyoung hold Jessica's face again with her both palms, raising it, searching for those eyes again to dive in.

 

"I rushed here due to my sanity and fear. A fear. Of losing you. I cannot afford to lose you, Sica. Not again. Not ever. Haven't I told you enough?" Sooyoung said softly and tender.

 

A single tear escaped from each Jessica's eyes,

"I just.. I-I just want to heal your pain. I just..." untill Sooyoung erased them with her thumbs.

 

"You don't need to." She smiled and dived further in the other's eyes,

 

"I'm okay. You just need to stay with me. I just need you to be stucked with me forever. Can you promise me that?"

 

Despite her red eyes, Jessica smiled back and nodded slowly, before circling her arms around Sooyoung's waist and close the gap between their body. She snuggled and sobbed in the taller's chest while the latter caressed her hair lovingly. She's never been scolded so much yet felt being loved so deep. She's never been this close emotionally to a person outside her family. She's never fallen for someone so hard as much as that someone fell for her. She's never felt so safe and protected.

 

"Sorry for scolding you. You got scared, didn't you?" Sooyoung asked while still caressing Jessica's back hair.

The American nodded quickly in her embrace then hit her chest playfully, making her love laughed softly.

"Miyann~" She tightened the hug before realising that she stretched her arms too much that pained her bruises.

"Ouch.." Hearing grunts from the hugger, Jessica pulled off, then inspected her forearm before frowning.

"It swollened more.." She said before taking Sooyoung's wrist and guide her to sit on the quite big stone.

She then took the bandage from the bag she's been holding and pulled out the scissor from her back jeans pants. She carefully cut here and there before wrapping Sooyoung's bruises.

Sooyoung couldn't stop herself from looking. She always fall back more in love with this caring side of Jessica. It's the way she treated her. It's the way she looked after her.

 

"Done!" Jessica said after cutting the last bandage and put the scissor and bandage back to its places. She looked back at Sooyoung and found the girl smiling like a stupid person, making her giggled.

 

"You know, I love you the most when you looked that stupid."

Sooyoung smiled.

"Then you love me all the time because I'm always a stupid lover for you."

"Shut the fck up." The smiled.

 

Whatever. It's love anyway.

 

 

 

***
"Why is the way to the camping site so far. I'm hungry." Sooyoung whinned making Jessica smiled.

 

Just then Jessica realizes something when she looked at the bag she was holding, "Oh. Where is the bandage? Is it fall when we walked?" She turned her head everywhere searching for the thing.

"The bandage?" Sooyoung shrugged, but then she was the one whose eyes fast enough to find it. She pointed somewhere behind a big stone that looked like a statue that had had some writting on it.

 

Be careful?

 

"Sica, is that.."

"Oh. Neh."

"Wait, I'll take it." Sooyoung walked away from Jessica to take the thing that probably fell and rolled that far on the ground where she saw it.

 

Jessica, that was calm and just nodded before, noticed some cracks on the ground where Sooyoung's heading to. She then saw the statue that her lover saw before.

 

 

Be careful

 

 

But more detail than Sooyoung, she easily read the next words after those.

 

 

 

 

 

CLIFF WITH FRAGILE GROUND

 

 

Her eyes widened at that writting.

 

"Soo!"

Before she knew it, Sooyoung's right foot had stepped to the crack area and make the ground broke.

 

As she startled at situation, Jessica ran to her, holding her wrist, then try throwing her to the safe side. As the result, they exchanged their position. Sooyoung was on the safer side and Jessice was on the the edge of the cliff that starting to crack more.

It happened so fast. Their both body thrown as the ground they stepped are broken now. They fell and leave the ground to the cliff. But fortunately. Very fortunately, with her pained left hand Sooyoung managed to catch a quite strong branch on the side of the cliff while her right hand still hold Jessica's hand tightly.

They were hanging there, between the ground above them, and the ground under that much farther.
 

 

 

 

***
Jessica POV

I look at the ground under me and feel fear running trough my vein. I then look at my left hand and how Sooyoung's right one shivered so much while holding it thight. I look further to her left hand. Her bandaged forearm. That hand that kept us alive all thispast half hours.

 

"HEEEEEEEEEELP!"

Sooyoung screams again but still no one seems to hear that. I lost count how many times we had done that, shouting for help. I feel like my throath going hurt doing that.

 

I feel Sooyoung's sweat running through our connected hand, then I look at her once again. Her whole body shivers more. She repeatedly inhales and exhales the breath while pressing her temple to the side of the cliff.

 

Her asthma.

 

I feel like crying so much. My heart gets so heavy. It pained me so much seeing her in pain. More when the pain is because she wants to save me. At the thought of that a simple way out crossed my mind. A way out that I know Sooyoung will hate. A way out that will make me look stupid.

 

Once again I look at her tired face, before finally close my eyes thight.

Maybe. Just maybe if I can let go of her hand and just fall, she can have more opportunity to live. She can climb to the ground above that's not so far. She can save herself. She has to.

 

I loosen my hand on her little by little.

 

But then it only make her tighten her grip on me. I look at her as she looked at my eyes.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare." She glares at me, saying those with tired voice.

 

"Don't you dare lost my grip..."

 

I see her grithed her teeth making me doing the same thing.

 

"You promised me to stay. You promised me to be stuck with me forever."

 

I can't.

 

 

I can't see you suffer more for me.

 

I move my right hand to my jeans. For the back pocket, I pull out the scissor that I used to put bandage on her before.

 

"I'm sorry.." I whisper.

 

 

Before I know I've stabbed the back of her right hand, that was and is still holding me, with the scissor in my hand.

 

 

Sooyoung's taken aback. The fresh blood ran out from her skin, running down and touched my hand. Her blood. But then again she doesn't loosen her grip on mine, although I can feel her body shaken greatly by the effect of that stabbing I've done.

 

I'm about the stab her again but I stop after seeing her face.

 

 

I can't.

 

I can't see you like this.

 

Instead, I lose my hold on the scissor and let it fall under me. To the ground that I don't want to know how hurt is to fall on that.

 

Her blood keep going out. I can feel it. The tears b inside my eyes.

 

Author POV

"Let me go..." Jessica said whispering. The tears started to pour, drop by drop, from her both eyes.

 

"Let me go, Soo.."

 

She looked up to search for the latter's eyes, but to be failed because Sooyoung closed her eyes tight.

 

"No." The taller replied with a tired soft tone.

 

Jessica sighed, "Sooyoung plea-"

 

"Shut up Jessica Jung! I said I won't let you go!!!" 

 

Jessica could see how angry her girlfriend was, looking how red her eyes as she opened them while shouting, and the way the Choi tightened her grip in her wrist.

But then her eyes soften as she said weakly,

 

"Please hold on to me." And tears fell, making both of them drowned sobbing.

"Don't leave me.." Jessica nodded while frowning hearing the girl pleaded,

 

"Don't.."

 

 

***

In the mean time, whispers suddenly heard from above them.
 
"Don't you hear something?"
 
"Yeah, what do you think it was?"
 
 
Sooyoung is quick to catch the voices before she shouted once again.
 
"HERE!! HELP!!!"
 
 
The seniors that not know about anything quickly ran into the voice. At that time, Sooyoung and Jessica just notice that the ground above them cracked more as the effect of being stepped.
 
"No! Wait!" Jessica shouted with fear all over her face.
 
But then it's too late because the branch that Sooyoung's been holding had parted from the side of the cliff as the ground has broken.
 
 
They fall. This time literally fall, as the senior arrived and saw them.
 
 
Not forgeting her promise to protect the other girl, Sooyoung pulled Jessica and held her in the air, in her embrace. Jessica let out her greatest scream as she hug her girlfriend thightly.
 
 
They fall.
 
The tears fall too.
 
 
They fall.
 
 
Together.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Are you okay?