The Reunion

A Place Where I Belong

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGES, KAISOO/KADI SHIP AND GIRL KYUNGSOO (MENTIONS OF GIRL JONGDAE, GIRL CHANYEOL, GIRL YIXING AND GIRL BAEKHYUN). IF SUCH MATERIALS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT READ THE STORY. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kyungsoo spent the night tossing and turning, worrying about everything. That’s why she was reluctant to open her eyes the next day, but she got up and started her morning yoga routine, hoping that will help settle her nerves.

 

When she was done, she looked at the clock, and saw that it was already quarter to eight, she sighed then went to her bathroom and splash cold water to her face, she looked in the mirror and shrugged and proceed to brush her teeth. She was never the one to worry about her appearance, She know she's not the prettiest to look at, but not nightmare inducing either. She doesn't like attracting any attention to herself,  so she never bother to put any make up or do her hair in any way. In fact she would rather cut her hair very short, pixie cut, and not have it down to her waist, the only reason she is keeping them long was because her mom likes it. She doesn't want to spend almost an hour washing and drying her hair, she would rather do something more productive, like studying... or sleep. Sleep’s nice.

 

She heard the clanging of the pots and pans, "mom's awake" she thought, and went downstairs.

 

"Morning" she yawns.

 

"Good morning sleepy head, rough night?" Mrs. Do said.

 

"Hmmm, where's dad?" She asked as she try to figure out why there's so much food on the table, it's enough to feed twelve people! Sure, she and her dad eats a lot, but not this much! She was lucky to have a great metabolism and never seem to gain weight, she's got meat on her bones, but just enough to make her look healthy, well except around the chest area. She's not really happy about how much they are growing that she mostly wears sports bra to flatten them a bit.

 

"He went to store to get more juice, I don't think we have enough." Mrs. Do mumbles, while trying to roll the eggs.

 

Kyungsoo opened the fridge "But we have Orange juice and Apple juice right here?"

 

Before her Mother can answer, the doorbell rang.

 

"Can you get that sweetie? I don't want to burn the eggs" Mrs Do said, as she continue to roll the eggs.

 

Kyungsoo walked to the front door and open it while yelling "Dad! Did you get do - nuts?!! What are you doing here!" She exclaimed mouth gaping and finger pointing and waving.

 

Sehun grinned, "We came here to see you, stupid!" He flicked her forehead.

 

"Hi!" Said Jongin with a shy smile.

 

"Soo!" Jongdae, Jongin's younger sister, squealed and pushed aside the two boys in front of her to give Kyungsoo a tackling hug. They both fell down on the floor. Jongdae giggled and asked if she was alright and helped her sat up.

 

She just sat there eyes wide and mouth gaping like a fish out water when she saw the rest of the Kim's following her dad. Then it hits her. She started panicking and couldn't breathe, this is her worst nightmare coming true.

 

The Kim couple, both being doctors, albeit pediatrician, both yelled for someone to get their bags from the car, her dad dropped the groceries and ran inside the house to help his daughter. Mrs. Do sat behind Kyungsoo and pulled her to her chest and tried to coax her to breath at the same time as her while Mr. Do asked Kyungsoo to look at him in the eye and keep squeezing his hand with her left hand and sign "yes" or "no" with her right hand to answer his questions.

 

Jongin came back with his parents medical bag. The Kim's asked how often this attacks happen and proceed to check on Kyungsoo. Sehun, Jongin, and Jongdae stood there feeling helpless.

 

* * *

 

After a while, Kyungsoo was now laying down on the sofa, surrounded by concerned people, though she finally calmed down and can breath easier, but her chest still hurts so she avoided talking and signed instead. She signed to her mom.

 

"Why are they here?" Reads Mrs. Do. "I invited them sweetie."

 

"Wait, you guys know sign language?" Asked Sehun.

 

"One of my niece is deaf-mute, so she learned sign language so she can baby sit her, and, it comes in handy at times like this." Mr. Do answered, eyes never leaving her daughters face, still watching for any sign of discomfort.

 

"That's so cool! I mean, knowing how to sign not that your niece is deaf-mute." claimed Jongdae.

 

"Of course." Jongin whispered to himself. He didn't notice that Mrs. Kim heard and was smiling at him.

 

All the while, Kyungsoo's hand was flying, trying to sign as fast as she can, clearly agitated.

 

"Why would you do that mom! They can't be seen with me! It could get them in trouble!" Mrs. Do reads out loud.

 

"Oh honey" Mrs. Kim said, "I think this was all a misunderstanding, we don't know what really happened, since you don’t seem to like to talk about it, but it can't be that bad."

 

"It is!" Mrs. Do reads. Kyungsoo's body was shaking, trying very hard not to cry.

 

"Why don't you tell us what really happened, sweetie. We are guessing this is about your grandfather?”  Mrs. Do asked

 

Kyungsoo started shaking from all the emotions she was feeling. She can't tell the truth, but she doesn't want to lie either. “Not my grandfather, he disowned you when you married dad remember?”

 

"Sweetie, you need to calm down. How about we have breakfast? Hmm, you think you can eat some or do you want me to make some porridge?" Asked Mrs. Do, rubbing her daughter's back.

 

Kyungsoo signed an apology and that she would like to take a nap. Jongdae jumped up and said she'll come with, and that she would tell her stories about what happened in the last seven years she's away. Kyungsoo led Jongdae up to her bedroom.

 

Sehun was already at the table, eating, while Jongin looked like he couldn't decide if he wanted to follow the girls or stay with his parents . He joined the others on the table and ate quietly, his mind wandering about what the girls are doing. "I feel sick mom." Jongin said while rubbing his stomach.

 

"Dude, settle down and eat, we'll see her again in a bit, geez." Sehun said.

 

"Her? You mean Kyungsoo? What's Kyungsoo got to do with my stomach hurting?" Asked Jongin, confused.

 

Sehun shook his head and said "for someone smart, you sure are dense."

 

The grown ups laughed, and Mrs. Kim patted Jongin's cheek "oh, honey, you're not sick, you were just nervous"

 

"I am sick." Jongin insisted with a frown "or at least, out of shape, we need to go the gym Sehun."

 

* * *

 

Kyungsoo laid down on her bed and watched Jongdae looked around her room. 

 

Jongdae smiled at what Kyungsoo's room looked like, its all white, pure and innocent but also harsh, nothing that would indicate that a fourteen year old girl was staying here. And then she saw two picture frames in the middle of the dresser. One was them, when the boys were five and them three. All five of them, faces mushed together, trying to fit themselves in the picture. Sehun with a snot trail on his left cheek, Jongin without his two front teeth, and Tao all muddy, Kyungsoo and her have branches and leaves in their hair. They were a wild bunch. The other one looks recent, Kyungsoo with two good looking boys and a breathtaking girl. She couldn't take her eyes off of her.

 

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo whispered.

 

Jongdae jumped a little, she was too focused on the picture, that she forgot where she was, she smiled and said "don't be, we missed you but you're here now." She laid down next to Kyungsoo, they are both on their side, so they were facing each other. "We were upset at first because you just left and never contacted us, but Sehun figured it has something to do with old man Oh, you must have done it to protect all of us. You never like bullies, being bullied yourself since you were little" She said, running her fingers through Kyungsoo's long red locks. "We got updates from your mom regularly, but we still missed you" then she got a little excited bouncing on the bed while laying down, Kyungsoo shook her head, and smiles at Jongdae's antics "we worked every summer and saved money so we could visit you one day, we even took classes to learn another language, even Sehun!' She laughed. "We were planning on visiting you next year, but I'm glad your dad got transferred here"

 

"What did my mom told you lot?" Kyungsoo inquired.

 

"You're mom told my mom, that you adjust well in every country that you guys stayed, and learned the language pretty quick too, and that you never made any friends, that you keep to yourself" Jongdae said.

 

"I did though, have friends, I mean" Kyungsoo argued.

 

Jongdae glared at her "And we know you got yourself a boyfriend and that he broke your heart" 

 

Kyungsoo grimaced, "I wasn't really heartbroken, more like pissed off for being made to look like a fool."

 

"I'm gonna punch him if I ever see him, nobody messes with my Soo" Jongdae declared.

 

"Thanks, but I already did punched him" Kyungsoo said.

 

"You're still friends with him though, uncle was not happy with that." Said Jongdae

 

"We were friends to begin with" Kyungsoo sighed "we get along pretty well and well, it was a mistake to try to be more than friends with him" Kyungsoo said with a frown.

 

"Hmmm" Jongdae hummed "aren't you a bit too young though, to have a boyfriend. You were fourteen and he was seventeen? I remember mom said that uncle was complaining to dad about how his hair was turning grey from worry".

 

"It was a little complicated, we went out on dates, but it was nothing serious, it was more like hanging out than a date plus we always had chaperones and we promised mom and dad that we wouldn't do anything inappropriate." Kyungsoo said "Enough about me! I thought you were going to tell me about what happened to you guys?" Kyungsoo complained.

 

And Jongdae did, she told story after story until she is more or less caught up to date with everything about them. Jongdae’s studying at this all girl school, and a member of the choir. Sehun and Jongin are part of the student body council, Tao’s a member of the tea ceremony club and held a ceremony every weekend. And got excited again while telling  her about the school festival her school is holding next week. She was describing what their theme were when Jongdae noticed that Kyungsoo fell asleep.

 

She gingerly got up from the bed, grab the frame with Kyungsoo's recent photo and went down to the living room to see everybody seated, laughing at the photos in the album in their hand. They all looked at her and inquired about how Kyungsoo was feeling. Which she answered she's better and currently napping.  She asked the Do's about the picture in her hand

 

"Ah" Mrs. Do said. "Those are the only friends she have, or more like, she tolerates their company" Mrs. Do chuckled "she never liked making friends, but these three, they were persistent, and Kyungsoo just gave up. That's Minseok, Yixing and Luhan."

 

"Luhan" growled Mr. Do "I don't know why your daughter is still friends with that kid."

 

Mrs. Do laughed "He’s still mad about that incident." she told the others.

 

"I am mad because he cheated, and hurt our daughter! He should be castrated!" Mr. Do said indignantly.

 

“I can help you with that, uncle.” Said Sehun grimly.

 

"Um, auntie, do you think Kyungsoo can come with me out to go shopping?" Jongdae asked.

 

Mrs. Do looked at Jongdae with gratefulness in her eyes for changing the subject "I don't know dear, you have to ask her when she wakes up. You know what, I will make sure she comes with you, she needs to be doing things like a normal teenagers do, maybe hanging out with you will break that wall that she put up around her, I don't want her to be a gloomy kid who only know how to study"

 

"Other parents will argue with you on that" Mrs. Kim said "they would say their kid never study" and glared at Jongdae.

 

Jongdae only smiled at her mother. And they continued to chat, and catch up, watching home made videos and reminiscing.

 

"Why don't you guys check on Kyungsoo, she hasn't eaten anything yet and its almost lunch time" Mrs. Do suggested, after a while.

 

Jongdae jumped up "I'll do it!" She volunteered.

 

Jongin asks "Can I come too?"

 

"You can, sweetie, just leave the door open, okay? We have an open door policy in this house, especially if there's a boy in a girls room" Mrs Do said.

 

"We understand auntie, we will keep the door open" Jongdae answered.

 

"I'll come too" added Sehun.

 

So the three of them trekked up towards Kyungsoo's room, Jongdae opened the door and went inside, made a beeline towards where the other was sleeping and started bouncing on the bed. "Kyungsoo! Wake up, your mom said you need to eat!" Jongdae screamed.

 

Startled, Kyungsoo sat up too fast, she got dizzy, "Bloody hell Dae, you almost gave me a heart attack, can't you be more, I don't know, gentler? Or the very least, more quiet?" Still clutching her head.

 

Jongdae just cackled.

 

"Quiet and Jongdae doesn't go hand in hand. It's impossible for her to be quiet, the switch on her volume is stuck on high." Jongin said, smiling gently at Kyungsoo.

 

Jongdae stuck her tongue out to Jongin, "You're mom said you need to come down so you can eat."

 

"Come on shortie, get up, its almost noon. You wasted half of the day already." Sehun said while looking around her room "You need more color in this room Soo, hospital room looks more homey compare to this."

 

"Are you done criticizing my room?" Kyungsoo asked Sehun "now go, all of you, so I can go shower, tell mom I'll be down in fifteen minutes." She started pushing Sehun out of her room.

 

"Alright, alright geez." Sehun said.

 

Jongdae followed Sehun. dragging Jongin with her "Come down quick or I'll come get you." She said.

 

As Kyungsoo was about to close her door, Jongin stopped and turned, "are you sure you're alright now?"

 

"Yes, much better. I'll see you guys downstairs" Kyungsoo wave them away.

 

Jongin nods and continues to head downstairs.

 

* * *

 

Kyungsoo came downstairs, with wet hair, a towel and a comb on her hand.  Mrs. Do, motioned her to sit on the floor in front of her. Kyungsoo handed her the towel and the comb, while her dad handed her a sandwich. She eats while her mom dry and comb her long hair.

 

“Can I cut my hair?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“NO!” Her parents answered at the same time.

 

“But, think of all time I spend washing and drying my hair, I could use that to do other things. Please.” Kyungsoo begged.

 

“Why would you cut your hair, its pretty. And if you cut it short you will look more like your dad.” Mrs Do said.

 

“What’s wrong with looking like me?” Mr. Do said outraged.

 

“Nothing dear, I’m just saying that it looks more girly, if you will”

 

“Can’t I be girly with short hair?” Kyungsoo asked, frowning.

 

Mrs. Do scoffs “Sweetie, you hate girly things, like make up, skirts, dresses, high heels”

 

“Too bothersome” Kyungsoo scrunched up her nose.

 

“Yeah.” Mr. Do agreed with Kyungsoo, “And why would you want her wearing those? Do you want for people to look at her funny?”

 

“Funny? I look funny dad?” Kyungsoo said incredulously.

 

“Uh oh, now you’ve done it, face the wrath of the tiny Soo.” Mrs. Do laughed

 

Kyungsoo gasped “And whose fault was it that I’m this short?” She looked at her mom.

 

And the Do continued bickering like they always do, while the others laughed at them. 

 

Once the bickering stopped, the mothers started preparing lunch, while the Mr. Do and Mr. Kim watched TV and chatted. The kids went back upstairs to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

“Why are you all so big! My room’s cramped!” Kyungsoo grumbled. The boys are sixteen and almost six feet tall already, and Jongdae is about a head taller than her.

 

“Nah, your room is just small.” Sehun commented. The boys are sitting on the floor while the girls are on the bed. Well, Kyungsoo was, Jongdae was busy rummaging through her closet.

 

“What are you looking for?” Kyungsoo asked Jongdae

 

“Dae, stop, that’s rude. Mom told us not to touch things that isn’t ours.” Jongin tried to reprimand his sister.

 

“I’m looking for an outfit for you to wear tomorrow when we go out.” Said Jongdae

 

“We are?” Kyungsoo looked puzzled.

 

“Yes, and from what I’ve seen in your closet, you need new clothes.” Jongdae said.

 

“I do?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Of course you do, I need to introduce you to my friends, and I want you to look cute, plus, you need to see me in a maid outfit, I look stunning.” said Jongdae

 

“Gross Dae, no one needs to see you in those.” Sehun said.

 

“I’ll have you know, Oh Sehun, that I look good in anything, tell him Soo.” Jongdae said.

 

“Of course you do Dae, Sehun is being a brat is all.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“So its settled, we are going to pick you up tomorrow, around nine, and we will shop, you really need new clothes Soo. Why is everything you own black?!” Jongdae said, a little scandalized from her lack of fashion sense.

 

“It’s safe, black doesn’t clash with my red hair, plus I can close my eyes and pick clothes and they will still go well together.” She answered.

 

“Safe? You mean boring. This will do for now” she had in her hands a pair of black skinny jeans and a black oversized sweater. Deciding that her work is done, she went back and sat back down beside Kyungsoo.

 

They all exchanged numbers, and continue to chat until they were called down for lunch. 

 

The rest of the day was spent exchanging stories and reminiscing. Laughters, screams and yelling filled the Do’s house. They promised to do this again soon, and if possible, with the Huang’s and the Oh’s.

 

Kyungsoo wondered what price would she pay for the little happiness she had today.

 

* * *

 

It was another restless night for Kyungsoo, she’s questioning her decision now, wondered if it was better to have stayed with her grandparents.

 

It seems like she just closed her eyes, when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.  It was her mother waking her up. She got ready, and went downstairs to get breakfast.

 

She was just zipping up her ankle boots, when the doorbell rang, she thought it would be Jongdae picking her up a little early. So, she grabbed her bag, said goodbye to her parents and opened the door. But what greeted her was not Jongdae, but the Oh’s. Sehun, Sehun’s parents and his grandfather.

 

“Good morning, Kyungsoo, mind if we come in?” Asked Sehun’s father.

 

She nodded, and stepped back, but not taking her eyes off of the older Oh.

 

This is it, Kyungsoo thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

THANK YOU FOR READING! If you enjoyed this story please take a moment to help other readers discover it by leaving a comment. Just a few words and an upvote can really help.

 

ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS STORY, EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE, ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL.

 

English is my second language so if you noticed any typos or grammatical errors, I will be grateful for the heads up.

 

‘Till next time!

 - Deedee  |(^o^)/