The Move

A Place Where I Belong

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE LANGUAGES, KAISOO/KADI SHIP AND GIRL KYUNGSOO (MENTIONS OF GIRL JONGDAE, GIRL CHANYEOL, GIRL YIXING AND GIRL BAEKHYUN). IF SUCH MATERIALS OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT READ THE STORY. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The Do family was busy trying to unpack and settle into their new "temporary" home. Kyungsoo's family had moved from one country to the next due to her fathers work.

 

"I'm sorry for doing this to you again" Mr. Do told Kyungsoo. "I was hoping we would stay in China for good" he continued.

 

"It's okay Dad, I would rather move here and be with you guys" she answered.

 

"But you have to leave your friends behind, and you need to transfer to a new school in the middle of the year!" Her mom added.

 

"I'll make new friends here"  Kyungsoo laughed " And the technologies today will keep me in contact with them"

 

"No, you won't, I know you kid, you keep to yourself and never try to make new friends. You are so like your dad." Mrs Do said.

 

And she does, with her flaming red hair and green eyes, she looks like her dad, except for her heart shaped lips, she got that from her mom. And her height, her mom is four feet eleven inches in a very good day, and she is taller by just an inch. How she wished she would take after her fathers family. Her dad stands six foot three inches. They were his little Hobbits as he likes to call them. And they call him red headed Hagrid. Which is understandable, with the beard his father is sporting right now.

 

Kyungsoo didn't try to deny anything her mom said, but tried to change the subject, " how far is the SM academy from here?" She asked.

 

Kyungsoo will start her junior year in high school in SM academy, a very prestigious school in the country, only the smartest can enter, well, the smartest and the wealthiest. And she is smart, she's only fourteen, and would have skipped more levels if her dad didn't protest and told her that he wanted his precious princess to have some normalcy in her life and experience high school life.

 

Since they never stayed long in one country, she has been homeschooled, but her dad insisted that she needs to at least take high school with other students, and try to be social.

 

She still cringe at the thought of interacting with other students, it's not that she's anti social or anything, she just can't stand stupidity and pretentiousness in most teenagers. She doesn't have time to placate egos or waste time trying to be somebody else to be included. She would rather spend those time studying, that's what school is for, she thought to herself.

 

"About ten minutes by car, your dad will drop you off to school on his way to work." Her mom answered.

 

"Are you glad to be back Mom?" Asked Kyungsoo.

 

"I don't know sweetie, I don't know" her mom said staring out the window with a sad look on her face.

 

Her dad drop what he was holding and hug his wife. "I love you" her dad whispered to her mom.

 

Her mom hold her father face between her hands, tip toed and kissed him on the lips and whispered "I love you too".

 

Her parents started to sway to a music only they could hear. And Kyungsoo smiled and took a box labeled "Soo's clothes" and went to her bedroom, thinking "I want a love like that"

 

Kyungsoo was bent over her study table reading and working on her school work, since she transferred mid-November, she's trying to catch up on things. She needed to study since she got in with a full academic scholarship in SMA and doesn't want to lose it if she wanted to enter an Ivy League School later on. 

 

She was trying to memorize a formula, when she hears a knock on her bedroom door.

 

"Come in!" She yelled.

 

Her mom entered and told her, "We are going shopping for school stuffs".

 

Kyungsoo frowned "I thought we already had everything?" 

 

SM Academy already sent the books she needed and they just need to pick up the uniform she's going to wear.

 

"You need a new phone, and computer don't you?" Asked her mom.

 

"What's wrong with what I have? They work fine." She said, waving her beat up flip phone and tapping a hand to her trusted old laptop.

 

Mrs. Do sighed "Sweetie, you need a new phone, that cellphone is sad and tired, it needs to retire. And you need a new number that will work here, we all do."

 

"Do I really have to? We don't even know how long we are going to stay here, It will be a waste of money" Kyungsoo protested.

 

"You need a new phone" her mom said, "and don't you want to shop for make ups? I heard they make really good make ups here".

 

Kyungsoo squinted her eyes "Mom, are you trying to tell me I look hideous and need to cover up my face?"

 

"Don't be silly, you are beautiful, but don't high school students likes make up and nice clothes?" Mrs. Do said waving her hand.

 

"I think I read in the SMA booklet that they prohibit students from wearing make up and wearing flashy clothes, hence the uniforms, because they want some equality among students. Besides mom, I don't like make up, too bothersome." Kyungsoo explained.

 

"Well, we still need new phones, and I'm sure you'll find something you will need in the store and we need to stop by the academy for your uniform, so, get yourself ready, we leave in ten minutes." Her mom said .

 

"I need to study" Kyungsoo groaned, but got up and change, grab her bag and went out her bedroom.

 

* * *

 

After getting a new phone, a new laptop and shopping (which she did reluctantly), they were on their way to the academy. 

 

They went straight to the information desk to ask where they could pick up her new uniforms.

 

It's a Friday afternoon and the students are loitering and waiting for their friends to finish with their classes so they could hang out.  Kyungsoo was waiting for her mom to finish up the talk with a professor and just looking around when she saw a familiar face.  She gasped and ran towards her mom, whispered something, said goodbye to the professor, and tried to drag her mom out and towards their car. She was about to close the car door when she heard her name bing called.

 

"Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo! Wait!" Said the boy.

 

Her mom was torn between greeting the boy and wanting to console her daughter that was clearly in distress.

 

"Mom, please let's go" Kyungsoo begged.

 

And they did, they left the boy who was joined by another familiar face, both shocked, confused, and happy to have seen her.

 

When she saw them ran toward the school building again, she had a bad feeling. This is not what she wanted, this is the last thing on her mind when they moved back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

THANK YOU FOR READING! If you enjoyed this story please take a moment to help other readers discover it by leaving a comment. Just a few words and an upvote can really help.

 

ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS STORY, EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE, ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL.

 

English is my second language so if you noticed any typos or grammatical errors, I will be grateful for the heads up.

 

‘Till next time!

 - Deedee  |(^o^)/