The other day

LITERALLY EVERYDAY6

The next morning was peaceful, no Jae’s voice, no Sungjin’s nagging the members to wake up, nothing. The only way this could happen is, something bad is going on.

Earlier, Sungjin woke up to a warm, familiar body lying next to his side. He has always been a light sleeper and this person was completely waking his up. His sister, Chaeyoung, was shivering from the cold and her body was completely hot. This is not an unusual scene for them as Chaeyoung is always sick and always finds Sungjin whenever she is not feeling well, but Sungjin, being the good brother he always is, worried too much for his beloved little sister.

He quickly covered his sister body with the blanket and he scrambled to the kitchen to find a towel and cold water to cool her down. He stumbled across Jae, who always an early bird, eating his cereal with milk at the kitchen. “As usual?” asked the eldest. Sungjin just nodded and went back to his room. Today is one of the days where the dorm would be really quiet.

Jae quickly finished his cereal and went back to his room to wake up Brian. One of Brian’s rules is, do not wake him up unless it is something important enough, like when someone is sick or they have a schedule to attend. Jae tapped his shoulder a few times and Brian woke up with a question mark in his eyes. “Like usual”, Jae muttered. With those phrases, Brian stood up and almost falls back because of dizziness but he quickly finds his balance back and made his way to Sungjin and Chaeyoung’s bedroom. Brian is always like that, he cares about others more than himself. Especially when his co-writer aka his beloved daughter, that’s what others called Chaeyoung, ‘Brian’s daughter’, because he treats her like his own daughter, falls sick.

Jae made his way to Dowoon and Wonpil co-bedroom and he told the same phrases to the maknaes. They literally ran to the scene and left Jae alone. He inhaled a few heavy breaths and finally making his way to the crowd. As usual, he will be the last one to come to the room. Nobody knows what in Jae’s mind.  The bubbly, non-stop talking Jae will always utter only those two words whenever Chaeyoung is sick. Maybe Jae cared too much for their little sister and when she is hurting, it hurts him too or maybe he has something else in his mind. Who knows, right?

 

This chapter feels a bit deeper than I intend too--sorry