Possesion

Not-so-secret SPOOK

 


Pairing : Seulyi x Myungsoo (INFINITE)
Genre : Horror
Words : 6,203
Written By : YoTaeHee
 

 

 

 

“Myungsoo, are you okay now?”

The guy was surrounded by his friends,being asked the same damn question. Soojung was there too, but even she herself couldn’t bring Myungsoo to calm himself as he cried from the outburst of heavy emotion surrounding him.

It was three months ago when he first encountered her.


 

“Oi! You better come to that place on halloween night. Because if you don’t, you are a wimp!” Sungjong laughed at Myungsoo as he was too immersed in reading his comic. Grunting at how the latter was poking him on his sides, he swatted the annoying hand away and shook his head in annoyance.

Halloween was approaching and the boys had a plan of doing something ‘fun’ at the sort-of-abandoned house that was located near the school. Myungsoo was planning not to join them at first, but Sungjong wouldn’t stop bothering him until he agreed. And so he had to join them by hook or by crook.

Shooing Sungjong away from his desk, he frowned when he started to read his comic again. Glancing around the class he could see that some of the nerds were studying hard for their upcoming exam but Myungsoo wasn’t bothered for a bit.

So the days went past just like that until it was the night of halloween.


 

“Hellooooooo. Anybody there?” Woohyun walked into the house, lowkey hiding himself behind Sungjong as they headed to the living room. Myungsoo was following them closely behind but he was quiet all the while. The building was an old mansion that had been left by the owners for years. Rumors said it was because it’s haunted by a girl ghost. Myungsoo wouldn’t even bother to join along if it’s not because of his friends, but he joined anyway for the sake of fun.

Following Sungjong’s lead towards the center of the living room, with only his torchlight as their ‘guidance’, he finally asked the other two to sit down as he took out some things from his bag.

“What did you bring?” Woohyun being a nosy person he was, asked the latter while Myungsoo sat silently in a circle with them. There was barely light around them but in those dim lights from their torchlight, Sungjong’s sly smile could be seen clearly. He wriggled his eyebrows with his fingers sunk into his bag, he then took out a board and placed it onto the floor.

“Tada! A ouija board!” Sungjong laughed in almost psychotic way which caused Woohyun to frown in worry as he turned to look at Myungsoo. Myungsoo on the other hand could only shrug his shoulders at him and mouthed ‘it’ll be alright’ to Woohyun to calm him down.

“Okay,gentlemen.” Bringing the ray of light from the torchlight underneath his chin, he squinted his eyes mischievously and grinned at the way they were reacting to him. “With the night of halloween allowing the creatures to come up, the mighty Sungjong is here to play with them.”

“You!” Woohyun flinched almost instantly when Sungjong pointed his finger at him, causing him to look at Myungsoo for help. “And you, are going to join me for the show.” Sungjong cooed happily upon having to grab their attention with his introduction. Placing the board exactly in the middle of them, he then took out the planchette and placed it on the board.

“Seriously?” Myungsoo asked in disbelief as Sungjong took out more things from his bag. Supposedly to invite the ghosts, he lit up the incense and put it near to them.

“Let’s put our fingers on the planchette,” Sungjong ordered them as he lead the way by putting the tip of his fingers on it and watched as the other two followed. Turning his gaze towards Woohyun, he glared at him and mouthed, “Lightly.”

Gulping down on his saliva, Woohyun lessen the force he put onto the planchette and waited for the next step. Myungsoo, as always was watching over them in disbelief.

“Is anyone here with us?” Sungjong asked the first question and kept his eyes on the planchette, hoping for a movement but to no avail.

“I said, is anyone here with us?” he repeated the question again and all of the sudden a light breeze went past them,giving them a goosebump. Eyeing towards the other two, Myungsoo watched as the planchette suddenly moved in a very slow motion; heading towards the word ‘No’.

“Aye, this ghost sure know how to play around.” Sungjong mumbled to himself before he thought for a moment for the next question.

“Are you the girl ghost they have been talking about?” Woohyun cut Sungjong off as he asked the question first towards the supposedly-be-spirit. Locking their gaze on the planchette, the triangular little board brought their hands towards the alphabets and slowly spelled it for them.

W...H...O

“Who?” Myungsoo raised his brow at the answer they obtained and looked at the guys in confusion. It was getting exciting for him that he actually started to take part in the activity.

“You didn’t know they talked a lot about you?” Sungjong directed another question and the planchette led them to ‘No’.

“What have you been doing all this time then?” Myungsoo finally spoke up after a while of the session, being all pumped out to know about this spirit.

R...E...S...T

Myungsoo burst out into a small laughter after the word was spelt for them, causing the two guys to look at him weirdly as they wondered what was so funny about it. Myungsoo fanned himself with his hand and let out a sigh after calming down.

“I’m sorry, I just found it funny. She is probably one of the laziest ghost existed.” Sungjong widened his eyes at how blunt Myungsoo was being, getting slightly scared that the ghost might do something to them. Hitting Myungsoo on the head, Woohyun was quick to apologize to the ghost.

“We’re sorry about him—”

“Are you a clever ghost?” Myungsoo asked again, earning another frowns from his friends that he was actually playing around with the creature. Being completely speechless, Sungjong and Woohyun were unable to do anything as they stared at their hands bringing the planchette to another ‘No’

Myungsoo quickly pressed his lips together to prevent himself from laughing again as he was enjoying it a bit too much. He had his head hung low to muffle his laugh before Sungjong finally spoke out.

“I guess that was it from us,miss? Good—”

“Do you like someone like me,ghost?”

There was a short silence surrounding them the moment Myungsoo asked the question as the two were speechless at it. But Woohyun began screaming as he was quick to grasp on Sungjong’s hand, and he too was in complete fear as a girl figure with a long hair was staring at Myungsoo with her red bright eyes. But something about it was too mesmerizing, the sadness.

Myungsoo flinched at the sudden occasion before he turned around to look at his back, only to be welcomed by her.

I do.


 

 

“Myungsoo! Wake up!” The two guys slapped his cheeks lightly after having to run out of the house after the manifestation of the spirit. With themselves still trying to catch their breath, Myungsoo was still unconscious. The two had to carry him along after he fainted from the sight of the ghost.

“I swear to God, I’m never going to join your plan on halloween again.” Woohyun sobbed, still feeling his heart thumping hard against his ribcage. Sungjong rolled his eyes and shook his head slightly as he was still dumbfounded.

“Let’s just bring him to the dorm.” Sungjong sighed and put Myungsoo’s arm around his shoulder while Woohyun helped with the other side. While walking out of the area in hurry, Sungjong took a glance at the entrance door again.

There she was, standing at the window watching them left.

That was when Sungjong felt a chilly breeze went past them, causing him to speed up their pace out of the fence.



 

Few days later Myungsoo weren’t feeling well after the incident that he skipped school for those days until today, the examination day.

“Are you feeling better?” Soojung patted Myungsoo on his shoulder after seeing him massaging his temples. Myungsoo flinched a bit at the sudden touch; to add on to it, it was his crush’s touch.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Just a little dizzy.” He replied shortly, feeling his ears burnt from embarrassment. Although the girl was usually seen as someone who’s cold, the small smile she gave him somehow calmed him from the pain.

“Good luck,” Soojung wished him and walked away to her table as they were preparing to answer their test on that day. Getting a little pumped up despite of the headache he had, her small gesture made him motivated for the questions.

It was past an hour since they started the test and he was stuck with the fifth question of their History paper. He groaned lowly in his throat, hand messing his hair as he’s getting frustrated that he forgot the date of the beginning of Joseon dynasty.

“1392”

Myungsoo froze when a soft whisper could be heard from his left ear. A shiver ran through his spine at the sudden coldness he felt after hearing the whisper. Surprisingly, it was indeed the answer he had been looking for. Trying to act calm in the exam hall, he continued to write down his essay.

With the help of the whispers.

 

 

“Gosh, the paper was insane. I didn’t expect the question would be the ones I didn’t focus on!” Sungjong complained while putting his things into his pocket. Knowing that they won’t have class on examination day he only brought a few pens to school. Myungsoo was quiet although he agreed that it was indeed difficult.

“That’s why you should read everything,silly.” Soojung interrupted, earning a glare from Sungjong before she walked past them.

“I don’t understand why would you fall for such a brat. You got low taste in girls,Myungsoo.” Sungjong,being sassy as he already was, complained again to the guy. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders at his question and put his bag on.

Clicking his tongue in annoyance when Myungsoo was being quiet again, he sighed heavily. “This guy probably is possessed by that ghost.” he mumbled to himself.

Myungsoo brought his gaze over from him towards the corridor, catching a glimpse of a shadow walking past through it. Frowning at the sight, his heart beat faster as he’s trying to confirm what he had just saw. Could it be the owner of the whisper?

“I gotta go,” Myungsoo finally spoke, leaving Sungjong dumbfounded when he suddenly sprinted towards the other end of the corridor instead of the exit door. Sungjong had his jaw dropped blankly, completely confused with how his friend was acting which he responded with another heavy,heavy sigh.

 

 

“Hello?” Myungsoo’s voice echoed in the corridor that was long left by the students after the examination ended an hour ago. Putting on his blank face as he walked along the path, he let his eyes wandered around to find the black shadow he saw.

“Hello?” he repeated.

“Hello.”

Myungsoo’s heart almost jumped out of his cage as the soft whispery voice spoke out from his behind, making him turned around in reflex only to be welcomed by a sight of a female figure standing in front of him.

A cold air surrounded him for a brief moment, captivating him as the lady did nothing but looking at him with those pair of gloomy eyes. She looked cold, mysterious yet so mesmerizing.

“Were you looking for me?”

“Who are you?” Myungsoo didn’t bother to answer her but instead asked out the question almost immediately. But the girl only stood there, her chapped pale lips forming a thin line on her face as her eyes looked into his own in silence between her long hair covering parts of her features.

“Seulyi.”

“Seulyi?”

“In that building. You talked to me.”

That was the moment he felt his heart almost skipped a beat, not because he fell in love but it’s because of how he regretted his action. Or would he?

“Why are you here then?”

“To follow you.”

“Why-”

“Because I like you.”

Myungsoo took a deep breath, his face scrunched and his hand turned into a fist. He knew it. He shouldn’t have asked the other day whether the ghost liked him or not. What was in his mind at that time? Ignorance.

“Okay then..Seulyi, yes? Thank you for liking me and, thank you for helping me. But, didn’t you say you’re a dumb ghost?”

Seulyi’s eyes reddened at the mention of her intelligence, causing Myungsoo to scratch the back of his head as he had done another mistake for being blunt.

“Alright, I’m sorry!” Myungsoo quickly tried to calm her down and surprisingly it didn’t take long for her to get back to her cold figure. But the silence after that sent shivers to his spine.

“So, when are you leaving?” Myungsoo tilted his head up, furrowing his brows as Seulyi stared at him after giving her a question.

Slowly, a smirk plastered on her face.

“When you follow me to where I belong.”

 


 

Ever since that encounter, the first few weeks were all fun and games. Seulyi helped him out in almost every test he sat on by having her to read the answers from the textbook or even told him the flaws the boys he had always been an enemy of for him to get his revenge on. Seulyi had become his little ghost sidekick or whatever it was called as.

Surprisingly in his dreams, he would get a very dreamy ones. They were all about the happiness he would get. The dream job he had been dreaming of to become, the big house he would own, the numerous cars he would drive. Was it Seulyi who controlled everything?
 

 

“Seulyi, can you help me with something?” Myungsoo mumbled softly, not wanting the people around him to notice he was talking alone ( when in fact he wasn’t ).

“With what?”

“Find out what does Soojung love the most.” He grinned sheepishly while his eyes were on the textbook as the teacher was reading the text from the page.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Mrs.Cho’s voice echoed from the front of the class which caught him off guard. She must have seen him smiling to himself the moments before which he reacted to it by brushing the back of his head nervously.

“Get up and read the next passage for your friends.” a little chuckle could be heard from his behind which was coming from Sungjong as Myungsoo was being caught for his action. Sighing silently, Myungsoo got up from his seat and read the whole last passage.

Seulyi stood there behind the class as she felt a little anger inside. Nobody else was going to have him except herself. Not even that Soojung girl. He was hers, and thus she would bring him to her own world.

By hook or by crook.

 

 

“Hey,Myungsoo.”

“Yeah?” He uttered in a whispery voice as he walked out of the class when the school time was over. It didn’t scare him anymore whenever Seulyi would talk to him out of nowhere because he knew she’s always by his side.

“Soojung seems to like furry scarfs.”

“Really?” Myungsoo arched his brow in curiosity upon receiving a new information about his crush. All this while he had never seen Soojung wore any furry scarfs but he assumed she only wore it outside of school. Nodding his head slowly, he smiled to himself as he walked past a few fashion shops.

Doing a window shopping while he was on his way home,he had targeted some of the shops where he found a few nice scarfs being sold. Since it’s going to reach the peak of winter, it’d be nice if he could buy it for her.
 

However ever since he wanted to buy the scarf for Soojung, it seemed that things were avoiding him from buying it. Suddenly those few shops were closed every time he would buy one, or his money that he kept suddenly went missing and it frustrated him a lot.

“Why are they closed every time I want to buy the scarf?” he complained to Seulyi, who he knew was around him due to the unfamiliar coldness.

“Maybe it’s just not your luck.”

But then, a glint of hope were visible in Myungsoo’s eyes when he saw one of the shops was still open. Finally! Myungsoo walked quickly towards the shop and got in, looking through the options he had for the right scarf to buy for her. It didn’t take long for him as the owner of the shop was literally trying to chase him out since the store was closing soon. Picking the red fur scarf hastily, he brought it to the counter and paid for it.

A sigh escaped his lips because he finally bought it  

Every night Myungsoo would lay in his bed and stare at the scarf being hung against the chair in front of his bed. The problem now was, how would he give it to her without making it seemed awkward for the both of them? Her birthday had already passed before Halloween and now it’s almost December.

Should he give it to her soon before Christmas day? If things worked well, he could confess to her on that day. After pondering about it for a few sleepless nights, he finally decided to give it to her the next morning he woke up.
 

 

“What is this,Myungsoo?” Soojung quirked her brow when she saw the small paper bag on top of her desk. Their other classmates had went home earlier but Soojung stayed because Myungsoo told her he needed to give her something.

“Uhm, well.. that is my gift for you.”

“A gift?”

“Y-yeah. Your birthday gift, although it’s been a month already.” Myungsoo spoke nervously and glanced at her for her reaction. Blinking her eyes blankly, she flashed him a soft smile and muttered a thanks. Slowly reaching for the bag, she pulled out the nicely folded scarf and took in a deep breath when she noticed the amount of fur on the fabric.

“Wow, this..is pretty.” she hesitated for a bit and looked at him with another smile. Shoving the scarf back onto the paper bag, she then took her things and kept them in the table drawer. Turning around to face him with a guilty smile, she tilted her head a bit.

“I’ve got to go now. Thank you for the gift!” she patted his shoulder lightly and took her bag as she dashed out from the classroom. Being left dumbfounded in the class, he watched her every step as she walked out from the school gate making him wondered if she liked the gift or not.

“Are you sure she likes it?”

“Very sure.”
 

 

Myungsoo parted the door wide as his hand aimlessly reached for the wall,looking for the switch to turn on the lights of his room. It’s passed dinner time and he got back home only to be scolded by his mother for being late for the family dinner. Shrugging the bag off his shoulder and slamming it down somewhere on the floor, he lazily plopped himself down in his bed and let out a heavy,heavy sigh.

“Damn it!” he kicked the blanket in annoyance and huffed as his chest heaved up and down from the little anger he felt in himself. Why did he feel so rejected? Did Soojung not like the gift he gave her? Was it that bad to buy that scarf? Was Seulyiㅡ

“What’s the matter,Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo flinched at the voice and sighed again. She sure hell knew what happened but now she’s asking him as if nothing did.

“That was my first time giving a girl a present,”

“And?”

“That was certainly not how I expected her to react!” Myungsoo groaned in frustration and turned himself over so that he was facing the window. His breath was heavy as he tried to calm himself down only to see Seulyi showing herself near the window. She was still in her white old dress and her long hair covered half of her face while the other half was placed behind her.

“Come and follow me,Myungsoo.”

“Where to?”

“My world.”

Silence.

“Stop playing around,Seulyi.” Myungsoo groaned again and took the pillow, covering his head to avoid her gaze and huffed. This was not the time for him to care about what Seulyi was saying. She’s probably that ghost who was still held back because of things but he wouldn’t care. The thing now was,how could he fix the awkwardness between him and Soojung? As much as he felt annoyed from how she reacted earlier, he still liked her nevertheless.

“I will talk to her.”

 

 

The next few days, Soojung was absent from school for whatever reason it could be because the homeroom teacher didn’t explain further but continued with her teaching. But Myungsoo would nervously think of the reasons why.

Luckily enough Soojung had come back to school but she’s wearing a mask as a protection. Myungsoo sneakily stared at her throughout the class, wondering if he should man up and talked to her during recess.

Myungsoo put down a carton of banana milk in front of her when her friends had went back to the class and casually sat across her. Startled by his sudden action, Soojung quirked her brow curiously before she frowned a bit when he didn’t start talking. After taking a deep breath, Myungsoo spoke.

“Hey,Soojung. Feeling any better?”

Soojung slowly nodded her head after she fed herself under the mask, still covering half of her face. Pressing his lips together in a thin line, he hesitantly pushed the milk closer to her and formed a little awkward smile.

“I’m sorry, I can’t take this.” Soojung spoke softly and pushed the milk back to him. Earning a frown from him,Soojung then whispered that she’s on diet.

“Okay, look. I’m sorry if the gift is somehow making us awkward..”

Soojung hummed, nodding her head as a signal for him to continue which make him more nervous as she seemed expectant to what he was going to say.

“Let’s go out so I can know you better.” Soojung choked on her drink, patting her chest as she coughed; feeling surprised by his sudden question. Gulping down his saliva nervously, he rubbed his palms together under the table to ease his nerves as he waited for her to calm down.

“So..?”

“Sure thing. See you this weekend at 10 in the morning.”

Myungsoo had his jaw dropped as she got up from her seat and walked away as it was already the end of recess. His eyes were still wide opened in disbelief. It was that easy?

“Wow, she is not that complicated-”
 

 

Surprisingly for the next few days he didn’t feel the same eerie cold aura surrounding him anymore. Had Seulyi exited his life after he subtly rejected her that night? Why was it becoming so easy for him to get through all this? And to add to that, Soojung somehow had been treating him good in that few days time too. Could it be that Seulyi was the reason why Soojung was cold at him before her disappearance?

“You can’t ruin this day,Myungsoo.” He sighed as he looked into the mirror to check if what he was wearing was just fine for the small ‘date’ he’s having. Putting on a pair of jeans and a black winter shirt, he was planning to put on a white coat. Or a black coat?

“Black it is,” being unable to resist his favorite color, he put on the black coat on top of the shirt and took his phone along with his wallet as he walked out from his room.

Nervously looking at the screen of his phone, he hesitated about texting her to ask if she’s on her way. Again, he had never texted a girl before and Soojung was literally the first. Tapping his foot on the concrete where he was waiting for the bus, he bit down his lip and gained his courage to send the text before he quickly kept the phone in his pocket out of anxiety. Getting on the bus, he headed to the famous amusement park.

 

 

When his foot stepped on the ground, he could feel how hard his heart was thumping against his ribcage. She texted him saying that she had already arrived at the park, so he felt ashamed for letting a girl to wait.

“Hey,Myungsoo!” Soojung cheerfully greeted him. She was not this cheerful before, but ever since that incident she had become a lot more friendly and cheerful? Flashing her a nervous smile, he approached her and admired the way she dressed. Widening his eyes when he saw the scarf he bought her, he looked at her in surprise.

“You wear that scarf-”

“Mhm! Do you like it on me?” she gracefully swayed her body left to right, holding the hem of her white dress and showing off the scarf that was wrapped warmly around her neck. Since it was almost Christmas, her appearance fit well with the upcoming occasion.

“You look beautiful,” he honestly complimented her and a slight tint of pink appeared on his cheeks. Soojung chuckled at his praise and thanked him. She gave him a signal through her eyes that they should get into the amusement park soon and he caught the sign. Smiling a little wider now,Myungsoo led her to the counter and paid for their tickets.

Being true to his words, he really took the chance to know more about the girl he had his eyes on for the past two months. He had never felt the happiest in his life until today when he was beside his crush, having fun. He found out how much she liked to ride extreme rides, the smell of the freshly baked Famous Amos cookies, and the cute headbands sold at the park. They rode a number of rides and also had their lunch together.

Now it was almost night, but Soojung insisted on wanting to ride the Love Tunnel. Myungsoo was anxious. Wasn’t it too early for them to ride that? They were only going out for the first time and she wanted to try the ride that was usually meant for the couples in love.

“Ah Myungsoo, come on.” Soojung whined softly,making him more anxious. Nodding his head subconsciously he followed her when she pulled him by his coat, getting in line as they waited for their turn. The time somehow flew so fast that now they were standing at the side as they were getting on the ride. The boat was decorated with a big heart as the cushion and it was small enough just to make the couple had no space in between; to encourage skinship and most probably a kiss.

Myungsoo widened his eyes when the thought crossed his mind. A kiss? He was literally blushing at the thought and shook his head quickly, gaining Soo Jung's attention when they got inside. “What’s the matter?”

“N-nothing.” Myungsoo was quick to deny as he put on his life jacket and nervously sat beside her. When the boat started moving, there was an awkward silence surrounding them. But it only lasted for a minute or two when Myungsoo finally gained his courage to start a conversation.

“So,um,Soojung?”

“Yes?”

“Can I say something?” Myungsoo choked on his own saliva after uttering those words. Was it the right time for him to actually confess to her? But then this could be the only chance for him because, what if Soojung wouldn’t want to go out with him anymore? Just before the boat was slowly getting into the tunnel, he noticed the small smile on her small face and that somehow boosted his confidence to man up.

“Well, the thing is.. I have been keeping my eyes on you for a while nowㅡ” Myungsoo flinched when her hand was now on top of his. Her hand felt so cold, maybe because it was the weather so he bravely held her hand to keep her warm. It was the first time they held hands too and it felt surreal. Clearing his throat after a few moments of feeling how hard his heart was thumping, he continued with what he was supposed to say to her.

“The thing is, I like you a lot,Soojung.” he did it. He had just confessed to the girl he liked. Was it all just a dream? Earning a little chuckle from her, he knew she was smiling even in the dark, or rather the dimly lit tunnel. Squeezing his hand gently,Soojung turned to look at him and tilted her head.

“I like you too,Myungsoo. A lot.” A pair of eyes widened at her reply. Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he had just heard. Was Soojung saying that she liked him too? Or was his mind playing a trick to make him heard it that way? Either way, Myungsoo knew just how happy he was to know that his love wasn’t one-sided. He had this strong urge to hug her tight or even kiss her on her cheek at least, but that would be too hasty of him. Pressing his lips in excitement, he curled his free hand in joy as he could finally enjoy the ride without feeling guilty about it to be only for those who were in love; because he surely knew they were in love too.

Once the ride was done, they happily walked along the path that was decorated with beautiful lamps with their fingers intertwined. Myungsoo stopped his steps when they reached a point and turned to look at her. Having her hand in both of his big pair, he rubbed her hand together as he could feel just how cold her hand was. “Are you feeling that cold?” He asked, only to be replied with her chortle. Instead of answering it, Soojung affectionately stared into his eyes with a smile that hadn’t faded.

It felt like he had felt that kind of feeling before. How he was mesmerized by the aura, and now that it came from Soojung somehow made him felt anxious again. How couldn’t he be when she slowly leaned in. Closer, and closer and..

Chup.

Their lips touched.

The feeling of her tiers against him was almost unreal. Those pair of petals that felt so delicate, so soft and how good they felt against his plump ones were seriously blowing his mind. Shutting his eyes slowly, he cupped her cheeks and replied the kiss although he was hesitant at first.

 

But that sweet feeling of their first kiss slowly faded as he could feel the coldness surrounding them. He thought it was because of winter but no, this coldness was something he was used to.

“God, damn it!” Myungsoo pushed Soojung away from the kiss and his eyes were filled with betrayal.

“I can’t believe you are doing this!” He snapped, watching how the supposedly body of Soojung fell onto the ground,unconscious, but another figure appeared on top of her laying body. It was no other than Seulyi.

“Myungsoo, I like you a lot. Come to my world,Myungsoo.”

“No! I said no! How could you possess Soojung and pretend to be her!” he huffed. It was no wonder that Seulyi suddenly disappeared and how strange Soojung had been acting around him. It was all her plan to make him like her, by using Soojung. She lied to him about Soojung liking a furry scarf, because apparently her absence from the class was because of her allergy towards it. And when she showed up wearing it, he knew something was fishy. He had never felt so betrayed.

Anger was taking over him and he could only stare at Seulyi. Just when he was about to hit the spirit, he passed out.


 

The feeling of dizziness still could be felt by him the moment he tried to squint his eyes open. A blurry vision of a room started to register in his mind before he could finally recognize where it was.

“Soojung!” he jolted up his body from the bed and grunted when the pain in his head striked in. Whimpering lowly as he held on his head with both of his hands, another person’s hand tapped his shoulder causing him to flinch in surprise. It was Sungjong.

“Don’t worry, she’s home.” Sungjong assured him and gently pushed Myungsoo back to lay on his bed again. Taking a deep breath of relief, Myungsoo massaged his own temples as he tried to remember what had happened to him.

“What happened?” Sungjong asked when he had calmed down a bit, somehow he felt guilty. Myungsoo shook his head as the throbbing of his head intensified.

“That ghost..” Myungsoo spoke softly, taking the glass of water offered by his friend and took a few gulps from it. Sungjong frowned at the mention of the ghost and was intrigued by it.

“What’s with it?”

“The ghost we saw at the building, she followed me home. I thought she was harmless, but I was completely wrong.” Myungsoo confessed, Sungjong’s brows furrowed deeply in his forehead.

“She wants me. And she isn’t joking.”

 

 

The next days were worse as Myungsoo kept getting bad dreams. A number of accidents almost occurred on him; a fallen concrete, almost a hit from a car, as if the Grim Reaper was around him to take his life away. But for sure he knew, it was all because of Seulyi’s doings. She wanted him to die, so he could follow her to her world.

When she couldn’t get him even near to his death, she started disturbing his circle of friends. Soojung was constantly getting sick, unfortunate things happened to Woohyun and Sungjong. Things were getting out of hands.

 

 

“I met the priest. He should be here soon.” His mother sobbed as she couldn’t believe that Myungsoo was now lying in bed, his hands and ankles tied to the bedposts. His temperature had risen, and he would spit out vulgar words even to his family members; saying that they should leave him alone and let him die. The area under his eyes were dark, and he looked skinnier as he refused to be fed. He was completely taken over by the devil.

Hearing the bell rang, Sungjong who was always accompanying the family went to the door to invite the priest in. Leading him towards Myungsoo’s bedroom, the priest was quick to take out the bible and also a bottle of holy water. As the family waited at the door of the room, Myungsoo began squirming hardly on the bed when the priest began reciting the prayers.

“Go away! This body is mine. He will die!” the dark voice screamed out from Myungsoo’s lips. It certainly wasn’t him. Not at all.

“Why are you possessing the innocent soul’s body, demon?” a splash of the holy water hit Myungsoo’s face and he let out a scream of pain as it felt as if he was on fire.

“Because I love him. I want him to come into my world!”

“He is not yours. You don’t belong to be in here but instead your place is hell.” The priest calmly snapped and splashed more of the water. Sungjong calmed Myungsoo’s mother as she was in pain of seeing her son suffered so much from the possession. The way his wrists were tightly tied and the way he was trying to escape, there would be no wonder if there would be bruises around his wrists.

“Get out from here! I will take him with me!” she still protested in his body. Myungsoo’s body looked so helpless as Seulyi began controlling it, squirming and whimpering from the painful splashes of holy water, and with the prayers being recited by the priest. When the priest put his hand on top of Myungsoo’s head, his body spasm even more vigorously as he continued to yell in pain and struggle to be escaped from the body. Soon enough, Myungsoo took a deep breath and his body laid weak in the bed. With Seulyi’s spirit now trapped inside of the priest’s hand, she was then placed inside of an empty dark bottle and was now forever trapped in it.

When they saw how Myungsoo was now free from the spirit, they rushed towards the bed and Myungsoo’s mother hugged him while sobbing, feeling glad that her son was okay. Woohyun and Soojung came just a few moments after and they all gathered in the room to check on Myungsoo.

Noticing how Myungsoo had opened his eyes from the long suffering of the possession, he couldn’t help but to burst his overwhelmed feelings from his tears. He was feeling real weak and he cried because it’s finally over.

“Are you feeling okay now,Myungsoo?” Sungjong asked softly as Mrs.Kim wiped off the sweat from his forehead. A weak and faint smile appeared on his face.

“I should be,”

 

 

END