Chapter Five

Selfless

I blinked softly. I'm wondering why Seojoon is here. Is he following me? Why would he follow me? Did he saw me crying? I can only hope he didn't. "Tch. Fine, fine. You ain't the iest b*tch here, anyway." I automatically glared at the jerk who tried harassing me. He started to walk away, looking for someone to devour. I rolled my eyes and tried to stand on my own, only to find I couldn't.

"Careful." Seojoon worriedly uttered, he was quick enough to hold me still. "Sit down and rest for a while." He said, assisting me to sit down on the stool. He sat beside me, his hands still holding me so I wouldn't fall off. "Can you call your driver? If you can't I can do it for you." He spoke once again and it amazes me how concerned he was to me at the moment. It's as if this day wasn't the first time we ever met and talked to each other.

"I'm fine, Seojoon. I don't want to go home. I won't go home." I said and closed my eyes, leaning my head on his shoulder. Then I hugged his arm and say, "Don't leave me, okay? And don't you dare tell anyone about this. Especially Minho. He wouldn't like knowing I got drunk because of him." I sniffed, tears starting to flood my eyes, rolling down straight on my cheeks. "Minho..." I mumbled and I drifted off to sleep.

---

I slowly opened my eyes, the sunlight blurring my sight. I pulled up the blanket and covered my face, closing my eyes again to sleep. Wait... I opened my eyes again, slowly pulling down the blanket and stopped below my eyes. I looked around, trying to understand when did the walls of my bedroom got changed from light green to bright pink? Also, I always instruct Yaya Mildred to untie the curtains every night so that the sunlight wouldn't easily wake me up. I sighed and closed my eyes, hearing unfamiliar voices talking outside my bedroom. "Ugh!" I got off of bed quite irritated and walked straight the door and just before I could touch the doorknob, I figured something wasn't right. Okay... This is definitely not my doorknob. I slowly studied the place I'm in. After a few more minutes of just standing and looking at everything, I finally realized that I wasn't in my bedroom! I'm not in my house! "Oh, my G---" My own hand stopped myself from speaking further. Where am I? Whose house is this? Why am I here? What happened last night? I tried to think about what happened at the bar, the last man I'm with is Seojoon. Then I got knocked out because of a headache. I breathe deeply, trying to calm myself. "Alright, Jiwon. Everything is fine. Focus now. First, find your bag. Second, call Yaya Mildred. Right, call Yaya Mildred because she's definitely ing worried for sure!" I unintentionally screamed in frustration, trying to look for my bag. "Where is it? Where is my damn bag---"

Knock knock.

I instantly stopped the moment I heard those two knocks on the door. I turned around and looked at the door, wondering who knocked on it. "Miss Jiwon?" I heard a female voice. Oh, thank God it was a female. I rushed to the door and slightly opened it, seeing a pretty girl behind it. "Hi!" She cheerfully greeted me and even though I was still hesitating, I let her in. After all, this could be her house. "I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleep. I just need to get my bag for school." The girl walked towards the closet and I saw my bag neatly lying beside her backpack. She put on her backpack and turned to leave.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking..." I said before she could reach the door. "Where am I?"

The girl smiled at me cutely. "Seojoon oppa brought you here last night. You were so drunk and we didn't know where your address is. You smelled like alcohol and you even vomited so mom and I had to wash you and change your clothes." The lovely girl explained and I blushed in embarrassment.

"Thank you so much for taking care of me," I replied and bowed slightly. "What is your name again?"

The girl smiled like a little child. "I'm Soo Bin." She introduced herself, gesturing me to come out with her. "If you're ready, go outside and have some breakfast. I'll go ahead, I need to go to school already. Bye, Miss Jiwon!" She waves her hand and walked out, lightly closing the door.

I sighed inwardly, walking to where my bag is. I took out my phone and I was already expecting to see a lot of text messages and missed calls from Yaya Mildred, Shin Hye and Sung Kyung, Jongin... And of course, none coming from my parents. "What's new," I mumbled bitterly, putting back my phone inside the bag. I looked in front of the mirror, I can see tears building up in my eyes as I remember what happened in the school's garden. It's the truth. Minho and I are no longer together. I wiped my tears and found my clothes neatly folded and ironed. Before changing my clothes, I did the courtesy to at least fix the bed as a thank you for helping me out and taking care of me.

---

"You did the right thing, Chanyeol." I heard a female's voice as I closed the door behind me. I see a man and a woman who seemed in their forties, I also can see Chanyeol and Seojoon. They're about to eat their breakfast, the female placing the garlic rice on top of the table before sitting on her chair.

"Um..." I cleared my throat to draw their attention to me. "Good morning." I greeted them softly before taking a bow as a sign of respect.

"Good morning, Miss Kim." The female replied and gave me a smile. She gestured for me to sit on the vacant chair and when I'm about to decline the offer, they urged me to join them.

"Please, you may call me Jiwon," I said and sat on the chair, opposite to Seojoon. He smiled at me and looked away, feeling embarrassed knowing he was the one who rescued me last night.

"Jiwon, you know Chanyeol, my younger brother." Seojoon formally introduces Chanyeol. I reluctantly looked at the kid and can see small bruises on his face. He smiled though and I wondered how was he able to smile at the sister of the one who hurt him like that? I wasn't the one who caused him pain, but somehow, I'm Jongin's sister. Is he really not mad at me too? "And my parents, Sang-won and Ji-won." I looked at Seojoon's parents and smiled back when they greeted me.

Seojoon's mother whose name is the same as mine served my plate some garlic rice. "We hope you'd like the food I've prepared." I smiled in reply, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday and I'm sure am hungry. "Would you like some bacon or eggs?" She asked and I'm silently debating in my mind what would I eat. "You know what? Just take both." She laughed softly and served me with bacon and eggs. I looked down at my plate, seeing how nicely prepared my food was. When was the last time my mother prepared me some breakfast? I don't remember at all. It was Yaya Mildred who always cooks and does the household chores. I smiled sadly, wishing that someday our family can stay like this. "Jiwon? Are you alright?" I looked up and realized their eyes were on me.

"I'm fine," I replied back with a smile, grabbing my utensils to start eating.

"Oh, before we eat, let's bless the food first." Seojoon stopped me and I watched as they closed their eyes and hold hands, Seojoon's hand waiting for me to hold it as well. I reluctantly placed my hand on his, closing my eyes too. "Heavenly Father, we thank You for this day. We thank You for our food on the table. We pray that You would always bless us financially, with wisdom, with grace, with safety and protection. In Jesus' name." And they all said 'Amen.' I smiled a little as I pulled my hand away. "Okay, let's eat," Seojoon said and I shared breakfast with them. The food was simple but it tasted delicious. In fact, it could the best bacon, eggs and garlic rice I've ever tasted. I continued to eat silently while they talk to each other. They shared smiles and laughs and I envy that they are close to one another.

Their house was small compared to ours. It looks simple and ordinary, ours was elegant and filled with expensive appliances, decorations, and stuff. It is clean and it gives off that relaxing vibe while ours... Ours is clean as well, thanks to Yaya Mildred and the rest of our household maids. But does our home feels relaxing to stay in? I doubt it. Every morning and night, the house would be filled with angry screams, cursing and non-stop fighting. My parents developed a skill on how they could make each other's lives miserable. Even though they have a small dining table, they eat cheap yet delicious food and the bond they have as a family is truly remarkable. Ours made of mahogany, it could fit 10-15 persons, food being served on the table every day aren't cheap and in fact, cooked with the most popular brand names of ingredients but I always... I always eat my meals alone.

"Thank you for the wonderful breakfast, Mrs. Park." I smiled as I walked out of the door of their house.

"Aish. Stop with the formality, Jiwon. You may call me Aunt Ji-won." Seojoon's mother flashed me her beautiful smile and I nod my head, replying back with a small smile.

"Appa, umma, we'll go ahead." I heard Seojoon say before turning around to start walking. I followed behind the two boys, wondering if we really are going to commute to university.

When we stopped at a bus station and lined up with other people, I couldn't keep myself my speaking up. "Um, guys? I can just call my driver to collect us here and drive us to school." I suggested, however, Seojoon just patted my head lightly.

"It's fine, Jiwon. We can ride a bus and in a few minutes we'd be in front of the school already." He informed me and I blinked a few times before getting back to my own senses. Wait. Did he just pat my head? I removed his hand off of my head, fixing my hair as my lips start to form a small frown. Seojoon seemed amused seeing me like that. "I'm sorry. I always pat Soo Bin's head when she's acting cutely---" He stopped, I find myself automatically raising an eyebrow. So is he implying that I am cute? I can see him blushing lightly in embarrassment, I guess.

"I ain't cute." I coldly replied, rolling my eyes as I looked to the left, trying to search for a nearby bus.

"Nope. You're not. You're beautiful." I heard him say. That sounded sweet, but it felt nothing new. I continued to ignore him, acting as if I didn't hear anything from him. Little did I know, he was smiling at me.

---

March 26, 2018

Woah! I'm close to reaching 2000 words per chapter! Anyway, here's Chapter 5 folks! ❤