Chapter One

Selfless

"Ugh." I've heard the loud noise coming from my alarm clock. I've questioned myself so many times on why I would leave my clock near the door every night before I go to sleep (when it's obviously far away from my reach) and get annoyed when I have to get out of my bed everyday just to turn it off. I've rolled on my side and covered my ears, hoping that the sound wouldn't wake me up completely but of course, I knew I had to get up and shut it down. Heaving a deep sigh, I got up from my bed and walked straight towards the door. I've picked up the cause of my interrupted sleep and clicked on it so it would finally stop ringing. And the second I've heard my parents fighting at each other next door, I wish I hadn't pushed the button. I let out a sigh and shrugged my shoulders. "What's new, anyway?" I mumbled and decided to just prepare myself for school.

"Good morning, ma'am." I automatically smiled at the old woman in front of me. Yaya Mildred sure knows how to make me smile effortlessly. "I've cooked your favorite Pork Sinigang for your lunch." She placed my lunch box beside my plate and served me breakfast for the day.

I'm usually having a cup of coffee and toasted bread for breakfast but I feel like I don't have the appetite this morning. I just sat there and stared at my food, wondering if I'll be able to sit down and eat together with my family again. "Is Jongin still upstairs?" I asked as my fingers played with the spoon.

"You know Jongin." Yaya Mildred showed a small sad smile and I couldn't help myself from letting out a deep sigh. "He doesn't want to hear them---" She's somewhat hesitant to continue her words.

"I don't like hearing them fighting as well." So I ended it. I've brought my eyes to Yaya Mildred and we both smiled at each other. "Sorry for ruining your morning, Yaya." I took a sip of my coffee and I felt Yaya Mildred's light pat on my shoulder.

"You don't have to feel sorry for being upset. I understand how hard it is for you and Jongin to see your parents fighting. Just keep praying for them, okay? Nothing is impossible with God. He can fix your parents' marriage." There she goes again. I've heard her saying this to me a billion times already and yet my parents are still hating on each other that sometimes I wonder why are they still living under one roof and sleeping in one bedroom together when they can just file a divorce so they can both be free and get over with each other. Then maybe our lives will be peaceful and quiet. I've finished my cup of coffee and stood up, grabbing my things with me.

"Thanks, Yaya Mildred." I said out of respect of her faith. "I'll be going now." I let out a small smile and left, waiting outside for my fiancé to come and pick me up. One of the things that makes me feel happy is the fact that I am already engaged with the man I love. I took my phone and pressed the Home button, our picture together flashed on the screen. I automatically smiled, knowing that I'm blushing because of Minho's handsome features. Ah, I'm so proud to call him mine. I looked up as I heard a car approaching our house. Yep, that is Minho's. I couldn't help but smile as I get inside his car. "Good morning, babe." I smiled sweetly at him as I placed my stuff beside me, reaching towards him to place a kiss on his cheek when he pulled away all of a sudden. I've noticed his face turning a bit grumpy and I wondered what I did wrong for him to act this way. "Anything wrong, babe?" I asked softly but he just coldly ordered me to put my seatbelt on so we could finally drive to school.

It was a silent, cold and awkward ride. Minho didn't glanced at me nor talked to me. We parked at his parking area and I inwardly sigh, getting annoyed at him acting like an but I didn't want to fight him now so I kept my mouth shut. "Let's break-up, Jiwon." In an instant, I pretended I never heard what he just said. It was loud enough for me to hear and clear enough for me to understand but I pretended as if he never spoke a word. I wished he didn't spoke a word, especially about break-ups. "Our parents are already talking and planning about our wedding. We both know that I've fallen out of love, Jiwon. Let's not make everything hard and complicated for the two of us." Every word felt like a stab in my heart. They're cutting through me and I've tried my best not to let my tears fall. "Jiwon---"

"I have to go. I don't wanna be late for my subject." I firmly replied, dismissing the topic he had started. I immediately grabbed my things and stepped outside the car, finding myself quickly walking away. I breathe in and out deeply as I walk towards Building A, trying to show my usual smile to everyone who greets me along the way. I can't afford being the talk of the school if everyone finds out that my fiancé and I are breaking up. We are quite famous I must say because our families holds the biggest shares of this university. I took another deep breath as I entered the classroom, my eyes were staring on my seat as I walk towards it." Hi, classmate." Said the guy sitting beside me. I just replied with a small smile and brought out my phone, finding Minho's messages on the screen.

"I'm serious about the break-up."

"We just cannot be together anymore."

"I'm sorry, Jiwon."

I bit my lower lip, trying to suppress the crying sound my body wanted to let out. I blinked a few times so that my tears wouldn't fall out of my eyes. I can feel that my fingers were lightly shaking and my lips starting to quiver. Why? What did I ever do wrong for him to break-up with me? Am I not pretty? Is there someone else? I don't understand all these. We were happy. I know he is happy with me. So why is he leaving?"

"Miss Kim?" My thoughts were suddenly distracted by a voice beside me. It was the guy again. The one who greeted me earlier. I swallowed nothing and glanced at him slightly.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice sounded a bit stern and cold but I couldn't help it. I knew any minute now I might breakdown and cry.

"I see you haven't picked a partner yet and everyone's starting on their plan for our project. Would you like to partner up with me?" He said and that's the only time I realized that our professor was already inside the classroom and discussing about a project we need to work on.

"Um... Yes, s-sure." I said and kept my phone inside my bag. I'm going to talk to Minho later. We need to discuss everything in person. We need to fix whatever issues we have. We need to stay together. Oh please. I can't lose him. Not him. "What's your name again?" I shifted my focus on the guy beside me and the project we're going to make. I pulled out my notebook and pen, about to jot down notes.

"I'm Seojoon. Park Seojoon."

---

September 20, 2017

Hi! Hello! Thank you for reading the first chapter of Selfless! 😊

This isn't really how I planned it but I'm having Lee Minho feels because of LOTBS and I just had to include him here. I just had to. Ugh, hahaha! 😀

Anyway, forgive me for my wrong grammar. I'm not really good at it so if you'd like to proofread my work, please pm me. Pretty please. 😉

Also, I'm into detailed 1st pov. Please tell me if you like it or you'd prefer reading the story in a 3rd pov style. Please note though that I might be able to fully show the characters' feelings and emotions if I'm writing it in 1st pov. 😍

Also (part 2), what are your thoughts about this chapter? Your thoughts about Jiwon? Your thoughts about the next chapter? 😱

Please comment it down below. 👇

January 29, 2018

I'm really sorry it took a long time to update this! 😱 Anyway, I'll do my best to consistently post an update once or twice a week. 😊 Thanks for reading Chapter 1! ❤