Chapter Two

Selfless

"Jiwon." It probably was the fifth time he uttered my name. I looked up to this guy named Seojoon and furrowed my brows.

"Yes?" I asked in a low voice, aware that we're inside the university's library. It's our lunch break and I don't have the appetite to eat something. Instead of hanging all by myself, I went here and luckily found him. We were researching and thinking of a topic that we will use in our film/documentary project.

I saw him smiled at me, again. To be honest, he looks weird. I'm not sure why he's smiling like that. "How about love?" He asked, that smile turned into a silly grin. Is something funny?

I let out a sigh and moved my eyes back to my laptop. "It's too cliché. Almost everyone will probably do a documentary about that." I typed on my laptop, heaving a deep sigh as I pushed my thoughts about Minho at the back of my mind.

"Then we'll do it differently." I heard him say. Our eyes meet once again. I kept silent as I wait for him to elaborate more about his idea. "We'll feature the meaning of love based from the Holy Bible."

Hm. Another believer, I guess. I let out a sigh and leaned my back on the chair. I somehow wanted to listen about his suggestion. "Okay... So, how are we going to do it?" I replied. "I don't read it so... I guess I don't have an idea how does the Bible define love." If he would be able to explain it to me clearly, then we could probably try proceeding with his proposal.

I saw him smile. I don't understand why but his smile made me feel comfortable. Is it because it looks genuine? It felt as if this Seojoon guy is a kind man, someone who would respect me all the time, someone who might be a great friend. "We'll be focusing on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. We'll go around the campus and ask students, professors, staff, anyone about their current relationship status. We'll do countless interviews and compile those that show the meaning of love based on the Bible verse I've mentioned earlier." He explained, though it seems confusing for me, there's something inside me that wants to say yes to the plan.

"Alright." And here I am, agreeing to go ahead with his idea. "Let's give that a try. How about the fallback?" I asked. Everyone needs to have a fallback, right? In case Plan A didn't work out.

"Jiwon!"

I heard a loud voice from behind, causing me to look over my shoulder to see who called my name out loud. It was Shin Hye, running as fast as she could, not minding the students who were glaring at her for being too inconsiderate and loud. "What?" I asked with an arched brow. She wasn't able to speak quickly as she tries to hold her breath. "What is it, Shin Hye?" I sternly asked again as she pulls my hand, signalling me to stand up and follow her.

"J-Jongin. You better go there and stop them. They're bullying a student again." Shin Hye finally explained the situation going on the campus grounds. Aigoo, that kid. I quickly fix my stuff and glanced at Seojoon who were fixing his things as well.

"I'm sorry, Seojoon. Let's just discuss our project online." I apologized, but as usual, he just replied back with a small smile. I shrugged my shoulders and went to where my brother and his friends are.

Students gathered in that usual spot, quite enjoying the sight of a young man being brutally hurt physically. Krystal couldn't do anything but watched as her friend Chanyeol take all the punches, the kicks and harsh words by Jongin.

"You freaking nerd! I swear! I If you ever! If you ever lay your freaking hands on her again I swear---"

"Jongin, that's enough!" I yelled with out most authority. I saw everyone shifted their eyes towards me and I heard them murmuring. Who cares about what they say. They're too stupid to even tolerate the behavior of my brother. "Arent you really going to stop hurting people---"

"Chanyeol?" I stopped, I think I've heard Seojoon's voice. I took a quick glance behind me and saw Seojoon rushing towards the poor guy my brother bullied. "Chanyeol, are you alright?" I can see that the guy named Chanyeol nodded his head, though his lips was bleeding. Seojoon helped him stand and Chanyeol felt some difficulties walking. "What is your problem?" Seojoon's eyes looked mad as they glare at my brother. The smile on his face earlier is already gone and there's no evidence it had been there at all. "Are you going to kill my brother?"

"What's mine is mine. Tell that jerk to leave my girl alone!" Jongin replied back in anger and before he could even take one step forward, I used my body as a shield to stop him from going any further.

"Kim Jongin for once will you please just stop and listen to your sister!" I screamed, quite stressed out from all of these. I turned around and looked at Seojoon and his brother Chanyeol. "Look, in behalf of my brother, I'm sorry."

"What the are you doing?"

"Shut up, Jongin."

"Why the hell are you apologizing?"

"I'm really sorry." I bowed as a sign of respect and apology, ignoring whatever curse my brother is saying. I never saw Seojoon's genuine smile again as they started walking away. People started leaving too, thinking it's no longer exciting to see an argument between siblings.

"Jiwon, you don't need to freaking apologized for what I've done. I'm not sorry. I'll never will."

I continued to ignore my brother, gesturing Krystal to go and leave the talking to me. She nodded and I saw her walking her way through Chanyeol and Seojoon. "You broke up with Krystal." I firmly said as Jongin's friends starts leaving.

"I don't have time for this---"

"C'mon Jongin. Man up. Krystal was so head over heels for you. She was so in love, she was so into you, she did anything for you to love her back and what did you do?" I tried to blocked his way as I continue to argue with him. "You lied to her, you caused her pain, you ed her up! You wasted your chance, young man. Now Krystal already moved on. She already picked up all her broken parts and maybe she's ready to fall in love again with someone who probably shows love and kindness to her and you want to take her back?" I just don't understand men. I'll never will. "Women are not toys, we are not a trash." I bite on my lower lip, realizing that I was already crying. Then I saw Minho standing a few meters away behind Jongin. His eyes were on me and it hurts so much that I couldn't look at him any longer.

"Stop crying." I heard my brother's calm voice. I  couldn't keep myself from crying. These are too overwhelming. I feel weak and I hate it. "Stop crying, Jiwon. You're not the only one who's broken-hearted." He wiped my tears with his handkerchief, patting my head and heaved a deep sigh." Oh, brother. If you only knew. "I was jealous, Jiwon. I want Krystal back into my life. I love her..."

"She never left, Jongin. You were the one who actually pushed her away." I sniffed. I can see that Minho was still looking straight at me. I fight the urge to look at him again. As much as I want to talk to him, I know I couldn't. My heart doesn't have the courage to take the rejection and besides, my brother needs me. "Let's get drunk?"

---

March 19, 2018

It's been a while since the last time I've updated. I've been very busy with life. My son Rapha just turned 7 months last March 13 and he's growing up so fast! 😍

Hehehe, anyway, how are you guys? Are you enjoying the story so far? I'll try to post another update within this week as I feel my muse is motivating me so much to write. 😎

Any thoughts on this chapter? If you have any questions, please comment it down below. Thanks for reading! ❤