Chapter Four

Selfless

Seojoon and I managed to arrive on time for our next class. Apparently, our professor is unable to attend the class today because her son is sick. Students started grouping themselves and talk about random stuff with their friends. "Hey Jiwon!" I glanced up to look at the owner of the voice who greeted me cheerfully. It was Sung Kyung and as usual, she had a big smile plastered on her face.

"Hey." I greeted back and I forced myself to show her at least a small smile. I don't want to fake a smile anymore. I don't want to pretend that I'm okay and that everything is fine even though it clearly isn't. But I need to hide these emotions. I need to show everyone that I'm happy.

"Are you okay?" Shin Hye asked with concern in her voice as she sat on the chair beside me. I looked at her and let out a deep sigh, not really wanting to talk about what happened earlier. Shin Hye and Sung Kyung seemed to understand, so when I declined to join them going to the café, they didn't insist for me to go.

After they left, I brought my notebook out, maybe I'll just list down names of possible people I can interview for our documentary. I won't list my parents that's for sure. Hm, what about Yaya Mildred? Nah, she doesn't have a husband.

...What about Minho and I? I stared at the blank page of the notebook, wondering how he is. Is he doing fine? Has he eaten his lunch already? I want to see him, I want to talk to him, I want to know why he is breaking up with me. Minho and I are childhood friends. We basically grew up together. We've been in a relationship since our freshman year and got engaged last year. Exactly 6 months ago. Why is he breaking up with me all of a sudden? 'We both know that I've fallen out of love, Jiwon.' I remembered what he said earlier. He had fallen out of love with me. It's so amazing how one could just throw a person away as if you never loved. It's amazing to think that Minho would just throw me away easily. I saw tears dropping on my notebook and I sighed deeply. I wiped my tears away, careful not to draw attention to myself.

"You're crying again." But it seems I'm always vulnerable to one person. "Is it about what happened earlier?" I glanced at Seojoon and shook my head lightly. "Any problem that's bothering you? You may tell me." He said and let out a small smile.

I shook my head again, clearing my throat. "I'm fine. Do you know people we can interview?" I shifted my eyes to my notebook again, writing Shin Hye and Sung Kyung's names.

"We could actually interview anyone. I'm pretty sure everyone has a love story to tell." Seojoon replied. "You're engaged, right? We could include you and Minho if that's okay."

I stopped and looked at him, thinking if I should let him know that Minho and I are not an item anymore. No. I can't tell him. I can't tell it to anyone. I'm not ready to announce it to everyone yet. They would probably think low of me, they would pity me, they would laugh at me. I don't know. "U-Um, sure. I'll talk to him about it." I replied, I knew I sounded hesitant. I haven't talked to Minho. I don't know if we will be able to work it out. But I know I have to try. I have to fight for everything we have and everything we've been through. "And you?" I asked in return, somewhat trying to change the topic. "Are you in a relationship?"

Seojoon gave me a toothy grin. "No. I never had any girlfriend in my entire life. Though we could interview my parents." He nodded his head, gesturing me to hand him the notebook. He wrote the names of his parents and I find myself smiling sadly, wishing that I could write my parents' names too. He gave me back the notebook and we continued on discussing about our plans for our documentary.

Hours went by and it's a few minutes away till our last subject is over. I felt my phone vibrated, signalling that I've received a message. I was right. The message came from Minho and I felt excited and nervous at the same time. Excited, because he probably wants to apologize and recall the break-up. He probably got back into his own senses and realized that he loves me, that he won't ever let go of me. Nervous because... What if I'm the only one holding on in this relationship? What if I was wrong. What if Minho doesn't love me anymore. What if it's another wake up message for me to accept that we're over? "Jiwon?"

Here I go again, thinking too much that I haven't noticed we're already dismissed. "H-Huh?" I glanced at Seojoon and I breathed deeply, realizing my heart is beating fast due to the excitement and nervousness.

"Aren't you going home yet?" He asked and I looked around, students already went out of the classroom, leaving us behind. "Shin Hye and Sung Kyung says they need to run some errands so they had to leave immediately." Seojoon informed me as he stood up and put on his backpack.

"I see." I replied, bringing my eyes down to my phone. "You may go ahead, Seojoon. I'll see you tomorrow." I quickly smiled at him before fixing my stuff.

"Alright." I heard Seojoon said. "Take care." He added before leaving.

I stopped moving, my heart starting to beat fast again. I opened Minho's message and read it.

"Let's meet at the school's garden."

My lips automatically smiled and I felt like crying. I knew it. I knew he wouldn't leave me. I know we can still fix whatever issues we have. I stood up quite excitedly and walked towards the school's garden.

---

It wasn't a long walk to our meeting place. After a few minutes, I've arrived at the garden and finding no students hanging around as if Minho intentionally blocked anyone from coming here. I saw him standing in front of the huge fountain, the spot where he asked me... To be his girlfriend. "Babe..." I hugged him from behind, closing my eyes as I buried my face on his back, taking in his manly, nice scent. I felt his hands holding mine, slowly breaking them apart. He turned around and looked down on me, bringing his hand to pat my head lightly.

"Jiwon. I'm sorry." I heard him say, my tears starting to flood my eyes, my mind knowing the next words he's about to say. "It's not you. The problem is on me. I'm..." I felt my tears stream down my face and I bit on my lip as I tried to stop myself from sobbing. "I'm in love with someone else." There. He finally said it. I didn't care if I'm sobbing hard, the pain was too much to suppress. I shook my head and tried to hug him, but Minho stopped me from doing so.

"No, Minho. Don't do this. Don't leave me. Please..." I begged, still trying to pull him to hug and kiss me but he seemed determined to end things between us.

"Good bye, Jiwon." He said and started walking away, not caring if I'm left crying and heart-broken.

"Minho, please..." I sobbed as I sat on a bench, my knees weakening. I brought my hands to my face and let myself cry the pain away. But as much as I want the pain to fade, it's just getting more painful and hard to bear.

---

"Yeah!"

I hear people screaming crazily behind me, raising their bottles up as they dance to the beat of the loud music. They seemed having fun, great for them. While here I am, sulking, drinking myself to death. I finished my sixth bottle of vodka in just a single gulp, making sure to take everything in. When I couldn't tolerate the dizziness anymore, I let my head rest on my hand, my elbow placed on top of the counter. I closed my eyes, wanting to go home and rest but I'm afraid Yaya Mildred might get worried about me if she sees me in this state. "Hey, sweetheart." I heard someone whispered on my ear but I was too drunk to even care. Get lost. I'm not your ing sweetheart. I yelled in my mind, too tired to say those words. "Are you alone? Maybe you'd like my company, cupcake." He continued to whisper words on my ear but I kept ignoring his voice. So when he didn't hear anything from me, he made a bold move to touch my leg.

"Get your ing hand from me, you ert?!" I screamed, pushing him away as I struggled to stand up straight. The bastard smirked, probably thinking I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

"Easy now. I won't hurt you. I promise I'll be gentle, okay---"

"She doesn't want you touching her." I felt someone stood behind me, assisting me to stand by wrapping an arm on my waist. For a second I wished it was Minho, but as I looked up to see who it was, I saw...

"Seojoon."

---

March 25, 2018

Yay for three updates in one week! 😊 I honestly don't know where this muse is coming from but thank you Lord God that I was able to write and finished Chapter 4. 🙌🙏 I pray that I'll be consistent in posting updates, and that this story would teach values and lessons in life. 😭😍❤

It may look like crappy now (I know and please forgive me) but I assure you guys that this story will be worth of your time. So, are you guys excited for Chapter 5? Kindly comment your thoughts below. 😉😍👇