3: Sejeong needs to hurry up

You kill me

"Du du du Dudu duduuuu. Du du du Duuu DUUUUUUUUU~"

"Mate can you please shut up you really can't sing. What even are you singing?"

"Aw Somi don't be like that..Sejeong unnie's just happy it's her and Chungha unnie's anniversary!"

"ThAnK yOu cHaEYeONie fOR UnDersTaNDiNg." I turned to that brat Jeon Somi, "Yah! Kid, you're literally 12 you haven't experienced love yet you don't know what true happiness is."

"Ummmmmm 1) I'm 19. 2) I love me. Yea, I love myself and I don't need anybody else. 3) At least when I'm happy I don't make others suffer with a ty voice that sounds like a horse giving birth."

Somi's getting older now she's becoming more independent and y. I'll need to teach her a lesson later. Right now I can't believe Chaeyeon is actually laughing at what she just said about me! My voice is b-e-a-utiful! Church kids cry when they hear it my voice is a godsend. I mean, they don't call me GodSejeong for nothing amirite ;).

"Yah! Jeon Somi. Jung Chaeyeon. Get off your butts and come help me."

"Alright alright hold your horses. What'd you tell Chungha by the way?"

Oh ! I should text her where I am, she's gonna wake up and realise I'm gone. 

"What're we supposed to do again?" 

"Something cringy ugh." 

"No, it's called 'love'," I looked up at them after texting my wife and tossed the phone in my bag, "now let's get to work."

 

------

 

"cHUNGHAAAAAAAA AYYYY YA HEE! MAI YA HOO! MAI YA HA! MAI YA HAHA! ~"

"Stop."

"Hello! Salute! ~"

"No."

"It's me, your Duke ~"

"Yoo Yeonjung i swear to God I will slap you to Switzerland if you do not shut up."

"Oh that's cool I like Swiss chocolate anyways!"

*Facepalm* 

Why does that girl gotta be so loud?? Why can't she just order cake and leave?!

"Yeonjung either order cake or get out."

"That's so mean!" She pouted. But do I care? No. I mean she's got some great lungs but...nah just too loud.

"Yeonjung, Chungha's got some stuff on her mind today, best to leave her alone," Nayoung answered for me. It's great to have her around as my co-worker, she can calm things down and bring order. I gave her a smile as thanks.

"Aww what happened? Is it Sejeong?" 

I snapped my head up immediately, "how'd you know??" 

"Well there's no other reason to get sad..but since it is Sejeong, can I give you some advice?" She leaned forward on the counter, playing with the lilies laid out.

"You're gonna say it anyway, don't get why you asked," I shrugged nonchalantly and went back to wiping the desk clean.

"You guys have been together almost six years. You got married only 2 years ago, which is quite late not gonna lie, but that's because you both felt you were ready for it then and not earlier. So by now, you must know Sejeong like the back of your hand. You know she'd never do anything to purposely hurt you. So, if it's not a big thing to worry or get mad about, then there's no point getting anxious or angry, especially if you two haven't even talked it out yet. You need to trust her, Chungha. If not now, then when? You and everyone here already knows she'd move to a different country for you in a heartbeat."

Not once in my life have I ever seen Yeonjung get so serious about anything..and, surprisingly, it's actually genuinely good advice which I really needed to hear.

"Thank you Yeonjung," I held her hands in mine and gave her a warm smile. Sometimes this girl really surprises me..

"So, what'd Sejeong even do?"

"Oh she forgot our sixth year anniversary," I shrugged and went back to dry the cups.

.
.
.

"WHATTTTTTTT???!!!!!??!!!" 

It was the most loudest scream I'd ever heard. 

"WHAT. THE. ."

"Yeonjung calm down, you're starting to scare away customers.." I quickly rushed to the girl, grabbing her and trying to cover . 

"OH HELL TO THE N-"

"Yeonjung stop yelling!"

"AW SHI-...NO WHO THE FUC-...WHAT KIND OF ANIMAL FORGE-...FORGETS AN ANNIVERSARY???!" We struggled for a while - damn that girl is strong! 

"Aw nawwwww that's some messed up shi-"

"Yeonjung!"

"...shiitake mushrooms.."

"Yeonjung..I appreciate your concern, but this is between me and Sejeong. And you're right, I should be able to trust her by now and I do! She'd never hurt me intentionally..besides, everyone forgets things it's fine." I tried to calm the girl down but if anything, her brows furrowed even deeper.

"No. Chungha, I love you, but you're an idiot. No one would forget their wife anniversary ever. 5ever! You need to call her."

"Ugh I already tried, she didn't pick up."

"When's the last time you called??" 

"Like..." I glanced at the clock, "6 hours ago..."

Yeonjung crossed her arms and raised her brows. Ah, I hate when she's right. She took my phone from the counter and dialled Sejeong's number before handing it to me. 

*Ring ring
Ring ring
Ring ring
Ring ring
Hello?

Sejeongie it's me..

ah.. Chungha? What's up?

oh..nothing..just calling to say hi..

Yeonjung was waving her arms around wildly, mouthing Tell her it's your anniversary!!

Ah Chungha umm I'm really busy uh with work and all so uh..

Why's she stuttering so much? Is she really at work? She sounds so weird..

Sejeong where are you?

What do you mean? I'm at work, silly! You sound strange Chungha..look I'll see you later, I get off at 8 today so I'll see you at home, right?

oh..no I'm at work actually, I took the afternoon shift so I finish around 6.. I looked up at Yeonjung and bit my lip ..umm actually I'm going for drinks with Yeonjung tonight so I'll be home late. You sound busy so I'll leave you to it. Bye.

*End call*

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and smiled up at Yeonjung, hoping she's not mad I used her name as an excuse to be alone for a while.

"What's with that sad smile, Chungha unnie? You heard yourself, we're going out for drinks tonight! Let's relax and forget all about Sejeong unnie's idiocy."

 

------

 

"What the ?!"

"What's wrong?" Somi and Chaeyeon looked up at me simultaneously. They were currently hunched over on the ground, setting up the things for tonight.

"I think.. Chungha's mad at me.."

"Well duh," Somi dropped what she was working on and stood up with her arms crossed. "It's your anniversary and you wake up to no one beside you and a text from the one person you're supposed to be spending this wonderful day with which says they're currently at work instead of being in your arms." 

I looked at her speechless and ashamed with myself. 

"Nice planning, Sejeong."

What have I done? What am I even doing?? I planned what I thought would be an awesome surprise for tonight.. I thought she'd like it since we're both not the type to do these kinds of big surprises. 

"Ah..maybe we should stop." I scratched my head in embarrassment.

"What? Why?!" Chaeyeon shouted. Both Somi and I looked at her in shock; Chaeyeon is always graceful and patient with a calm demeanor.. but right now she's currently storming at me like she's ready to fight.

"Sejeong. What Somi said isn't wrong. You left your wife alone on your anniversary. But! It's for a good reason. It's because you love her and want to give her a surprise. We expected her to get sad, remember? Anyone would! There's no point to drop all this now, to throw away our.." she glanced down at her watch, "7 hours 17 minutes of hard work. So I'll tell you what we're gonna do. You're gonna call Yeunjung and then you're gonna help Somi and I finish this brilliant piece of crap. Alright?!" 

I stayed frozen for a few seconds, trying to process everything Chaeyeon just said. It's the first time she's ever been so direct and..loud. "Yes sir!" I gave her a bright smile and salute. She's right, I can fix this. I can still give Chungha one of the best anniversaries ever. 

"Fighting!"

 

 

------

Sup readers! Thanks for all the subs and sticking with this story, even though it's taking way longer than intended lol I don't actually know what I'm doing, just going with the flow tbvh ~ 

Next chapter should be the last but aHAHAHA I KEEP EXTENDING THE STORY and blaming it on Sejeong TT

BTW I PUT IN 2 SONG REFERENCES HERE IF ANYONE KNOWS THEM COMMENT BELOW!