Something Always Brings Me Back To You

Gravity

Eunwoo wasn't allowed to do so, but she's a rebel and decided to do it anyway. 

One year ago, Eunwoo had the great idea that she, Kyulkyung, and Yebin needed a secret hangout spot. A place where only the cool kids could hang. Minkyung taught Yebin how to pick a lock with a credit card and a bobby pin--how does she know these things?--and Yebin unlocked the door to the rooftop of their dormitory.

Eunwoo lies on a blanket on the rooftop, staring at the stars that were shining so brightly that night. She reaches a hand towards them, as if she could catch one, hold it in her hand, and watch it thrum with some ancient power.

"There's Altair, Deneb, and Vega."

The mysterious voice comes from just outside the door Who else could it be but Kyulkyung, sporting the biggest puppy eyes that should be physically impossible. 

Eunwoo does not turn towards the voice. She continues to stare at the Summer Triangle above her head.

Kyulkyung continues to stand there quietly for a minute, understanding that Eunwoo needed to be alone for a moment.

"...and you decide this is a good time to show up."

"I'm sorry."

"Your apology is accepted."

"Just like that?"

"What else do you want me to say? 'No. I hate you. Leave me alone forever.' You know I cant do that.

You're still my best friend.

and I still love you."

Kyulkyung chokes back a sob. "I love you too. I'm so sorry." She runs toward Eunwoo and lands on top of her, crushing the poor girl's ribs.

"Jesus, do you not know how to hug people normally."

Kyulkyung just keeps on crying. The tears evaporate from Eunwoo's skin, making her shiver. 

It's the beginning of summer. A warm night.

 

"But not warm enough without an idiot by your side."

 

"I'm the worst friend ever. I knew how important this was to you and I blew you off anyway. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

Eunwoo lets Kyulkyung ramble apology after apology. Finally, she lets out a sigh and pushes Kyulkyung off of her.

"I didn't win." Eunwoo whispers. She closes her eyes half-way, as if she is still underneath that blinding spotlight.

Kyulkyung holds her hand now. "Tell me everything that happened."

Eunwoo does. The week before. The times she broke down during practice. Tonight. Everything comes out now, like some pipe has burst open in Eunwoo. Even the romantic feelings Eunwoo had been harboring for Kyulkyung.

Kyulkyung takes eveyrthing in silence. She's always been a good listener. That's one of many reasons why she's so popular.

"I know how much Nayoung means to you. What you guys mean to each other. So I don't expect you to share my feelings too. Hell, don't even bring it up. It's gross."

Kyulkyung squeezes Eunwoo's hand tighter. She leans her head against Eunwoo's. 

 

 

"Promise me again."

"Anything."

"Anything?"

"Shut up."

"I'm kidding."

"I know."

"Promise me you'll always be by my side."

"I promise."

"Good. 'Cause we're two hot bodies of mass that can't help being attracted to each other."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I never thought that something I create would make me cry. This chapter made me cry. It's not exactly how I planned it to be. Then again, this whole story was written based on a wild whim. If you hadn't noticed, I snuck a reference to one of my favorite anime in here. There's just something so romantic about laying underneath a starry sky with your loved one. Well, in this case, pinkwoo are completely platonic. I'm actually mainly a pinkwoo shipper, but the romantic couple here is napain napink. I hope I did them justice. The whole dyanmic between nayoung, eunwoo, and kyulkyung is honestly so interesting. These three are so compatible together. THE ultimate OT3. I hope to write more stories with them in the future. Anyways, thanks for reading! I hoped you enjoyed it. I didn't intend this to be so angsty, I really didn't. I hope my poor sense of humor helped to lighten the mood. Comment, please, about what you like/dislike. Anything you want. 

 

THANK YOU!!!!!

 

-your "ive lost count on how many hours i've been awake now" author <3